Ssvanti's review of the Dragoness Masturbater (Pics and Vid)

Reviews for any and all Bad Dragon toys belong in here!
Ssvanti

Ssvanti's review of the Dragoness Masturbater (Pics and Vid)

Postby Ssvanti » Fri May 29, 2009 8:25 pm

First I think I need to let everyone know I was a little biased going into this beta. I have been stroking off with fleshlight sleeves for almost 3 years now. I'm very used to the softness of the sleeve inserts they sell, as well as the fact that so far the only 2 sleeves that I feel have any difference to me, are the vortex and the STU. Everything else feels pretty much the same.

With that out of the way I want to say that this is NOT a negative review on the Dragoness. However in the hopes that I might be adding critique that can help make a difference to the release version of the toy, I will post indiscriminately my view points on it now that I have used it.

Lets start with the company side. Until you know WHEN you will actually ship the product, don't open sales. It's just a suggestion based on my frustrations attempting to base my purchase choices off of very volatile information presented in the forums. I know it was a beta, and I know BD was trying to keep the community in the loop. Just my opinion. I personally became frustrated with trying to figure out how I wanted to ship the item, especially when information kept changing on when the product might ship, and when it might be manufactured.

Ok now to rate the toy. I give the toy a rating of 6 out of 10.

I found it better than those $20.00 silicone masturbaters. But only because it was larger and had a few other options for use. I found that I indeed, like others have ripped the opening on first use. I found the texture to not be as sensation generating as a fleshlight STU, however it was more sensation generating than all of my other masturbater toys. I would TIE it with the vortex sensation.

It was more durable than all of my non-fleshlight sleeves as well, the rip was very minor. Normally I would wind up ripping a huge gash going across the opening, two or more tears on each side of the hole. Which then causes those toys to gash and pull on my skin when lube gets thin. The Dragoness didn't do this, so I do indeed believe you are on the right track with durability.

I STRONGLY encourage you to widen the opening hole. The size of the hole was a primary indicator it was going to rip. I haven't ripped a fleshlight insert yet on my first go because their holes are larger, as well as softer grade material. I tend to rip them due to extensive use, and getting rough as the lube dries. If you are going to make a small opening, it needs to be thoroughly reinforced. Don't make a flimsy hole lining to shrink the opening, taper the outer form into the hole more, to lessen tug/push on the silicone. Or come up with an accessory kit to replace the opening as it rips.

The texture felt real good on my fingers, It didn't feel so encouraging on my cock. I did feel the ridges slightly, I agree with the other reviewers that the ridges need a tad more definition to be effective. I believe part of this was due to the hardness of the tunnel inside though, not necessarily to the ridges themselves. I think a softer hardness is necessary. The ridges really don't move much, you just glide past them. Well, at least me. This may be due to my familiarity with the fleshlight inserts though. They grab you, hug, and move some with you as you glide by. I would also recommend a softer firmness on the entrance (not the scales just the part you push against to insert). A softer more giving entrance might reduce tear factor, but you would definitely have to test that.

I did not have any issues holding onto the toy while my hands were covered in cum lube, I did not try a silicone based lube or my usual favorites, so this only goes for the BD cum lube. I would recommend the possibility of adding finger notches into the outer shaft for easy grip. Only needs to be slight, so this could be used to save a tid bit on material by making grooves into the existing surface of the toy instead of adding more silicone to the product to make the grooves.

The toy was extremely difficult to insert into, again enlarging the opening, or tapering into the opening more would fix this, as would softening it up a tad. It's damn near impossible to enter it hands free. And I had to constantly use one hand to guide myself in.

Generating suction was an easy task, simply squeeze the end closed, vary the pressure by being inserted further or less into the toy when you seal the end. The further you have to pull out after closing the more suction you generate. I stuck an eyedropper into the end and it was lodged there for about 3 thrusts before it shot out. I don't have a good suggestion for a silicone safe device to cram into that hole to keep it shut at this time.

I don't know if it was stress from work today, or what I ate, or even the temperature outside, but I found it difficult to keep a full hard on erection inside the toy. I had to keep pulling out and handling myself to get the hardness factor back. Going soft made the toy very hard to use which makes any toy a bit more difficult to use. I will review this again when I do round 2 with her.

Doing quick repeated entry, only doable while holding my cock in place with the opposite hand, had a good sensation because of the tightness of the opening, but that is the only bonus I found for it.

I found that the face of the toy was SUPER for slapping against my balls while using it. The sensation was wonderful. I just had to turn the toy clit down and slam it to the base of my cock.

Reversing the toy for entry actually had the same feel as the intended method, this could be fixed possibly with a texture variation or changing of the size of the tunnel at the opposite end.

The orgasm I experienced, was more intense than the ones I experience with a fleshlight. Even though the sensations during play weren't quite on par with the STU they were on par with or better than the other sleeves. That was a nice surprise.

I would definitely use this toy when i want to prolong orgasm, and I want to expand my play field for keeping an erection. Round 2 will include anal stimulation.

I believe you will not be able to extend that 25 year warranty to these toys, 5-7 maybe.

I'm in the process of uploading my clip onto toypics, since this thread keeps timing out when I try to ad the clips as 7mb files here. And there appears to be a 10attachment limit.

SiliconeInsert.jpg
Silicone Sample

1.jpg
View1

2.jpg
Another view

3.jpg
Another View

4.jpg
Another View

opening1.jpg
opening

tunnel.jpg
Tunnel

Trim.jpg
Trim Cut depredation in visible aesthetics.

squeeze.jpg
Squeezing it

IMGA0127.JPG
Finished
Last edited by Ssvanti on Fri May 29, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssvanti

Re: Ssvanti's review of the Dragoness Masturbater

Postby Ssvanti » Fri May 29, 2009 8:26 pm

http://videos.toypics.net/view/166/ssva ... ta-review/
^^^^^^^
!!!DRAGONESS VIDEO!!!

The in use video. I tried to go easy on her for the first attempt, I videoed 35minutes total of my 1 hour session. Next round I'll be harder on her.

I forgot to mention that I was also impressed with the sensation I got when I rubbed the scales over the head of my cock. It was nice. I didn't get the same feeling of course when I rubbed them on my balls. But it was another interesting sensation. A harder set of scales will change this for sure.

Also for comparison sake, here's an STU session I had that shows some of the things I'm talking about here.

<<<<<NOT THE DRAGONESS VIDEO>>>>> http://videos.toypics.net/view/168/stu-and-aneros-wet/
Last edited by Ssvanti on Fri May 29, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reese

Postby Reese » Fri May 29, 2009 8:53 pm

It finished... darn, you beat me to toypics by, like 15 minutes :<
I love the smell of fresh mold release in the morning.
Quiet269

Postby Quiet269 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:58 pm

Ssvanti wrote:http://videos.toypics.net/view/166/ssvanti-dragoness-beta-review/

The in use video. I tried to go easy on her for the first attempt, I videoed 35minutes total of my 1 hour session. Next round I'll be harder on her.

Wow...

Awesome cum shots :oops: <3
Here are the Toys I own. (Last Update: 12.22.09)
Ssvanti

Postby Ssvanti » Fri May 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Only one cum shot on that video, and it was at the end with the horrible no transition switch. What happens in the very beginning is I lost balance while trying to position, and I pushed all the cum lub out of the other end ;p. The cum lube dried fast! Every time I thought I was good I could feel it drying out, had to keep adding more.
tmntshadow

Postby tmntshadow » Fri May 29, 2009 9:38 pm

FANTASTIC REVIEW SSVANTI!!! :D

A very strong review indeed. This will only go towards BD making the best dam FEMTOY on the market.

Everyone keep up the reviews and Thank you so much Ssvanti for this.
Quiet269

Postby Quiet269 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:05 am

really? hahaha... I thought you just caught the end of one session and went right back at it!
Here are the Toys I own. (Last Update: 12.22.09)
Ssvanti

Dragoness Beta Round 2

Postby Ssvanti » Sun May 31, 2009 5:47 pm

I just finished taking round 2 with her. I added the Aneros MGX to assist with pleasuring and keeping a hard erection with the toy.

I would like to note, that I neglected to mention that the silicone that the Dragoness was made with seems to have a faint oder almost as if it was slightly scented. This oder did not disappear after the first use/cleaning. In fact I purposely put it in a closed drawer next to a vent in my room, wet, so I could see if there were going to be fleshlight issues. So far there is no sign of any issues.

I wanted to test a few lube types so:

Vaseline - A no go with this toy, the toy is so tight it would scrape all of the Vaseline off as I attempted entry. After several failed attempts I did finally get inside, and then the toy was merely tugging and yanking my skin which hurt considerably.

Baby Oil - I figured it was more liquid and would have better results, I was wrong. Nothing short of what I found with Vaseline.

Astroglyde - Worked slightly better than the Bad dragon Cum Lube. Only because it stayed wet longer, it had the exact same lubrication/slick feeling.

Bad Dragon Cum Lube - hell of a lot better than Vaseline or baby oil, and definitely cheaper than Astroglyde.

On hand lubes I decided against trying due to the previous results, were Crisco, honey, & bag balm.

I spent 2 hours with her this time and found pretty much the same results as my initial go. Although keeping an erection was made easier with the anal play. Also Astroglyde made it harder to hold onto the Dragoness during play, but not as impossible as other toys, the bulky head portion makes a good gripping device.

I'm pretty sure that my issue with this toy is the size of the opening. It's just too small. I don't have a giant cock, I'm considered average on many sites only a few consider me slightly above average.

My sizes - Flaccid
"Base Circumference" = 4 1/2"
"Head Circumference" = 4 1/2"
"Top Length" = 4"
"Width" = 1 1/4" measured at center of shaft.
"Width" = 1 1/2" measured the head.

My sizes - Erect
"Base Circumference" = 5 1/2"
"Head Circumference" = 5 1/2"
"Top Length" = 6 1/2"
"Width" = 1 3/4" measured at center of shaft.
"Width" = 1 7/8" measured the head.

I wound up ripping the entrance hole more. Pictures follow. I really hope the information I provided here can be of use to BD with the release version of this product.

I used the pop can idea from the other thread.

almost2inches.jpg
Showing that I'm almost 2inches across, the hole is too small :(

IMGA0134.JPG
Bad Rip

IMGA0135.JPG
Rip diff view

IMGA0136.JPG
Rip diff view

IMGA0142.JPG
Rip diff view

Here's other toys I've destroyed on the first use, Most of these haven't been used but one to three times.

IMGA0149.JPG
ripped toy comparison

Toy1rip.jpg
Another ripped toy comparison

IMGA0162.JPG
Fleshlight wear and deteriation

IMGA0166.JPG
Fleshlight 2

Is there anything else anyone would like tested, or ideas for use, that I have missed?
Raith
Bad Dragon Co-Founder

Re: Ssvanti's review of the Dragoness Masturbater (Pics and Vid)

Postby Raith » Sun May 31, 2009 8:29 pm

Thank you very very much for you honest opinion Ssvanti, You can count on the fact that the opening will be larger on the final release, it will also be a bit more sunk in to guide the penis into it as well as the innards will have more texture where the hole will actually have larger cavities and smaller ones for more of a rippling sensation. We're also working on rounding the opening a bit more as well to help reduce tearing. One thing we noticed with the tears on our current female, is they form, but they don't really grow beyond a certain point. (At least from our usage and testing.) It's kinda like when you put on an article of clothing that's a tad to small for you, it will stretch out to a size that fits over time. Kinda like the tears on the dragoness, and then they just sit there. Still, we're working to make it so they don't occur, so keep up the great posts on ideas. :)
Freon Dragon

Postby Freon Dragon » Sun May 31, 2009 8:55 pm

Please give the option to have a small hole too... Not everyone has a 2" wide dick...
Order #11298 - Breeder - Medium, Medium (5), Custom Fade/Split, Suction Cup - Review
FinleyOtego

Postby FinleyOtego » Sun May 31, 2009 9:02 pm

Freon Hotshot wrote:Please give the option to have a small hole too... Not everyone has a 2" wide dick...
I'm sorta on the smaller side myself, so when mine gets in we'll see how it works for people who don't destroy things on the first use.
ImageImageImage
tmntshadow

Postby tmntshadow » Sun May 31, 2009 9:04 pm

Right on Raith,
We so badly need good honest reviews for toys like this, so BD can truly be the best out there in this industry!

As Ssvanti's experience with the use of femtoys is extensive, so I think his input is valuable and very much appreciated.

Its only with honest and open opinions that anyone can truly learn and grow.

Thanks again for your wonderful input Ssvanti!
Draken14

Postby Draken14 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:12 pm

Freon Hotshot wrote:Please give the option to have a small hole too... Not everyone has a 2" wide dick...

The hole isn't as much of an issue in those terms. The size of the canal and texture, on the other hand...

#9308 - Medium Gryphon, custom fade (blue to dark blue). Review is here.

Return to “Bad Dragon Toys”