Impressive 1st contact with Rex (male)

Reviews for any and all Bad Dragon toys belong in here!
MilesLupine

Impressive 1st contact with Rex (male)

Postby MilesLupine » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:57 pm

If opinions do change, will add them in with a later post.

Toy: Rex the German Shepherd.
Size: Large
Firmness: Medium (5)
Suction Cup: Yes
Color: Surprise me Gold/bronze metalic with black marbling. Can be seen here

Ordering: 11/10 Why the 11? Considering ordered day 2 of him being out and getting him in just over 2 weeks, say that deserves some extra credit.

Shipping: 10/10 UPS did well.

Appearance: Amazing/10 First time getting a surprise me and I ended up with what looks more like a trophy than a dildo. May not be super loud colors but the way the marbling of the black is with the metallic just is beautiful.

In use: 9/10 It definitely surpassed my initial expectations of the toy. I figured it would just be a really decent toy for going a bit deeper than what I normally do with a nice knot but I got quite the surprise. First off going over the 2 issues with use I had. First is he is a bit on the floppy side and think he would have been better in 8 firmness but it was not available. Second, for riding, a suction cup (or other way to anchor him down) is almost required due to his somewhat floppy nature because pretty sure that base would have been sliding around. Thrusting nullifies the second issue but I tend to prefer riding a bit more with larger ones.
As for actual use now, the shape of the head actually does let him in quite easily and surprisingly does help him navigate deep with ease. The minimalistic take on texture here is real nice for leading to a super smooth ride. How the shaft is a bit on the elliptical side does provide pretty decent stimulation despite next to no textures. As for the knot, it is what really redeemed the toy. The bit of length behind it allows for a bit of riding/thrusting after getting it in without the knot popping out. And with the space behind the knot, it leads to quite the bit of prostate stimulation for me and the fact that it can be moved while in and right on a sweet spot makes it even more amazing.
I was having a bit of an off day so the knot gave me a bit more of a challenge than what my large Xenogon would but the lack of taper really does add to the challenge factor. The suction cup did work a little too well at times and it was a tad tricky when I needed to reposition Rex a bit ^^; Plus not used to the depth he can reach so it was a little uncomfortable and will be until I can adapt to how deep he can go :psyduck:

Overall: 9.5/10 I really do feel the small issues for use are just enough to hold him back from a perfect 10. Being floppy and very in need of help staying still to ride are small points but just big enough to give some influence. The lack of texture is a nice change of pace from some of the more textured designs out there and the lesser girth overall leads to him being a very enjoyable niche toy. If you want something that can go on the deeper side without a lot of girth, save for the decent sized knot, Rex is a very solid choice. If planning to ride, the suction cup option is extremely recommended or some other means to help keep him still. And odds are he would make an extremely good plug with smaller sizes too.
Lyrics fitting my mood/are inspiring: From Chemical Interference by Dragonforce
"I am what I choose to be, I lose grip on reality
And I have nothing to atone
All your morals thrown in vain, I know my pleasure is my pain
But I'm gonna make it on my own."
Image Arts and more arts.
kingsley

Re: Impressive 1st contact with Rex (male)

Postby kingsley » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:11 am

great review! been waiting to hear more about rex :smile:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
MilesLupine

Postby MilesLupine » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:43 pm

A bit of follow up, yes the knot really does hold quite a bit of challenge from the lack of taper and it wasn't just an off day. And Rex really was an eye opener because his 10 inch length is actually quite a bit to deal with for me right now. If anything really found what my depth limit is for now so my plans to get a chance have been put on hold for now.
So yeah, nothing really changed on the opinion on use. Though will add the fact the shaft narrows a bit as it gets closer to the knot really makes the knot feel a lot bigger than what it is.
Lyrics fitting my mood/are inspiring: From Chemical Interference by Dragonforce
"I am what I choose to be, I lose grip on reality
And I have nothing to atone
All your morals thrown in vain, I know my pleasure is my pain
But I'm gonna make it on my own."
Image Arts and more arts.
Tachyon1

Postby Tachyon1 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Thank you for the review, I finally have my Extra Large Rex and Extra Large Winston's Tail shipped today.

Looking forward to getting knotted the first time!
LeonBarzai

Postby LeonBarzai » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Awesome review XD

Still waiting on word from my large Rex. My first time trying surprise me too! Cant wait ;3
Do what you love. X3
goldlion

Postby goldlion » Tue May 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Tachyon1 wrote:Thank you for the review, I finally have my Extra Large Rex and Extra Large Winston's Tail shipped today.

Looking forward to getting knotted the first time!

blasphemy!~ extra large rex didn't come out until just recently.

...some sort for time warp???
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image
toy list in the spoiler -
► Show Spoiler
anti-firm(8) 2015™
mated to a beautiful kitty boy <3

Return to “Bad Dragon Toys”