They're here... ^.^ Female Review [Seadragon & Gryphon]

Reviews for any and all Bad Dragon toys belong in here!
Iskiea

They're here... ^.^ Female Review [Seadragon & Gryphon]

Postby Iskiea » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:58 pm

Well they're here, I just went up to the post office to pick them.. and some boxes up. Yes I'm single again and packing up to move back in with my parents.. So here I am the very day before I move back in with my parents collecting my special little parcel straight from the post office.. I was worried it wouldn't make it in time, but in fact it made it perfectly on time ^.^..

Now the in use review will have to wait, and I will update this post as I upload the pictures and add more to this review.. so.. stay tuned as this is a live unwrapping.. ^.^

I have to say.. upon getting the box.. I had to cart it around with my up to the butchers shop to get some boxes for my move.. I had a little snicker at the description of what was contained within... "Silicone sculptures" nice... accurate but also quite funny. On the way back from the butchers with my ex-bacon box, little box secured inside I had to stop to pat this gorgeous german shepherd.. oh she was a sweetie even if she did want my bacon boxes.. Well.. moving on I walked home with my finds..

It's a small box.. discreet.. and well I like it.. So I have to say a 10/10 on the shipping cause it arrived perfectly on time and was most discreet.

First thing I notice on opening it up..

Packing peanuts.. Whoot.. ^.^

except there seems to be more peanuts than anything else at the moment..

Finally getting past the peanuts i find two silicone disks a 5 and a 3.. well now the five is a fun one to play with..

still firm but with some wonderful give to it..

3 however is delightfully squishy ^.^ tis much fun to play with.. Perfect for throwing at someone who I'm cranky with. Will probably bounce off any surface with a delightful squish.. In fact it does.. It's entertaining in it's own right and I want a ball made out of it.. In fact I want a ball out of all the hardnesses.. Gee.. throwing them at the wall is more fun than I thought..

... now onto the unveiling..

The first one I pull out is this Seadragon.. now I ordered both in small.. upon pulling it free from the confines of the box I suddenly ask myself.. Did they accidentally send my a medium because this is much bigger than I thought. Looking at the bottom is is indeed a small.. The texture feels awesome beneath my fingertips, and I like making it wiggle around..

As for the colour, I got the surprise me option, and I think this is an option I will always go with. [blasted disks are too much fun to play with]. It's a solid colour but it doesn't bother me as it's a rather pretty green, almost emerald yet in someways closer to hunter green it's got this blueish tinge to it.. so in fact it may just be emerald green.

I'm having much fun with just sitting this one on my knee and wiggling it just enough to get motion out of it.. It's delightful to watch.. One downside to the silicone.. It's attracting every long hair of mine on the floor to it and adhering it to it's skin.. Still they have brought a smile to my face..

The second one to be released from the box is the most gorgeous semi translucent light purple gryphon I have ever seen. It's a most gorgeous colour which I hope I can get a good picture of one day.. Sure it's a solid colour but with the semi translucent nature it's beautiful.

Well I'll have some photos up later.. but for now I have to continue packing.. since I've got to be up early tomorrow to move out ^.^
Sml Seadragon named Derwent and Sml Gryphon named Shar. Two more lovelies on the way, I'll let you know what they are when they get here ;)
Runa

Re: They're here... ^.^ Female Review [Seadragon & Gryphon]

Postby Runa » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:34 am

yeah, I can't wait to see em both! especially the gryphon (bias admitted.)

Glad everything went well, and I'm sorry about the move....
Luimeril

Postby Luimeril » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:51 am

they sound lovely! i hope to see a pic of them soon!
will do almost anything for a medium Nox. :T

BD's awkward fish. i don't care if no one besides me thinks that.
Lillith

Postby Lillith » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:07 am

I demand transluscent gryphon pictures!
Own: Sml Leg Xeno [5]
Want: Clayton, Flint, Ultimate, Xar, Meng
Quiet269

Postby Quiet269 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Lillith wrote:I demand transluscent gryphon pictures!
I must admit, I really wanna see this too...
Here are the Toys I own. (Last Update: 12.22.09)
Iskiea

Postby Iskiea » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:50 am

I'll update this soon as I get the chance to with my review ^.^ Sadly have a belated birthday lunch for my brother to attend to tomorrow.. and my stupid phone and laptop won't sync up so gotta find the darn cable to connect them to get the photos off.. but yes.. the Gryphon is most awesome..
Sml Seadragon named Derwent and Sml Gryphon named Shar. Two more lovelies on the way, I'll let you know what they are when they get here ;)
Ridayah

Postby Ridayah » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:27 am

I can't wait for your review and pics hun! ;) Rar!
Rida, the random and fun feathery dragon phoenix! - Fetish List
FinleyOtego

Postby FinleyOtego » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 pm

Another bump for the translucent gryphon!
ImageImageImage
BBmG

Postby BBmG » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Pictures... GIVE THEM TO ME...

*just wants to see BDs attempt at a translucent toy*
"Don't let your bulldog attitude override your pekingese ass."
Hermie

Postby Hermie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 am

Uhh, you do realize that "translucent" means that light passes through, but you can't see through it? XD Think stained glass windows, or those textured bathroom windows.

I think you all mean "transparent," and that would actually be very interesting to see. Right now, they're "opaque," which means no light passes through it.
AtticusVulpes

Postby AtticusVulpes » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 am

Hermie wrote:Uhh, you do realize that "translucent" means that light passes through, but you can't see through it? XD Think stained glass windows, or those textured bathroom windows.

I think you all mean "transparent," and that would actually be very interesting to see. Right now, they're "opaque," which means no light passes through it.

Interestingly no one said anything to allude to the word transparent. They all just said they want to see it.
Freon Dragon

Postby Freon Dragon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:24 pm

I've said transparent before :P

"a completely transparent option" actually.

If they can't make clear silicone, then at least as translucent as possible.
Order #11298 - Breeder - Medium, Medium (5), Custom Fade/Split, Suction Cup - Review

Return to “Bad Dragon Toys”