A Date With The Plates - Flint Review (Mini 5 + Small 5) - Female, Vaginal (SFW)

Reviews for any and all Bad Dragon toys belong in here!
Goliogon

A Date With The Plates - Flint Review (Mini 5 + Small 5) - Female, Vaginal (SFW)

Postby Goliogon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:41 am

Hey Bad Dragons, I've finally released my first review! Enjoy! :smile:

So I'd been eyeing up this model for a while now, admiring the intricate detailing from the realistic foreskin on the tip to the scale-like plates running down the shaft to the balls on the base. I loved everything about how Flint looked, and soon was convinced I needed one in my life. Whilst the holiday inventory sale was on, I saw a beautiful ready-made rogue Mini Flint in 5 firm that I grabbed as part of a group order, and 5 days later before he even arrived I fell once again for a flopped Opal (listed rogue) Small in 5 firm. In this review, I'll be looking at both sizes and how they differ from one another in use.
I'm going to skip reviewing the checkout and shipping and get straight to the toys themselves! :excited:

A couple of things to note:
*This is my first ever review, I hope it's ok!
*I use all toys by standard in the 'missionary' position (on my back).
*I do not use lubricant for vaginal use.
*All my insertable toys, to me, are male, so I do refer to them in male pronouns (I don't like calling them 'it's). Sorry if this annoys anyone.

First up...
Ready-Made Rogue Mini Flint in 5 (Medium) firm
Stock Picture:
► Show Spoiler

First Impressions (9/10)

Model – Flint is, in my honest opinion, one of the most beautifully detailed and textured toys. From the moment I unpacked this handsome beast I couldn't keep myself from staring at all angles; he's admirable no matter what side you're looking at! From the front, you see his head poking seductively out of the foreskin. From the top, two rows of sexy studs line each side. From the underside, he boasts those impressive draconic plates and has more studs lining the underneath of his head. Even the base is fantastic on this toy, those bulging balls and creases on the side give a very realistic feel, and I have to admit I'm a sucker for models with sculpted balls.
This model is a true work of art, the sheer amount of attention to detail makes this toy pleasurable just to look at! Just eyeing up Flint is enough to get me in the mood!

Colour – I'm always on the lookout for unique pours, interesting and unusual colours and patterns really make a toy special to me. I saw a rogue Mini Flint in this fantastic sparkly, metallic marble of red and greenish-gold (red and green being my favourite colours) and just had to have him! When I finally received and unpacked him, I was amazed at just how sparkly he was! The gold colour really dances when turned in the light, I was turning this thing like the meat log at a kebab shop for a good half-an-hour or so in amazement after unpacking him. I also love the 'two-sided' effect this toy has; one side being a sparkly metallic greenish-gold and the other a vibrant, sparkly blood red. I know this guy was intended to be 'Christmassy' but that hasn't stopped me from dubbing the colour 'Supermutant'!

Size – I figure I can't go wrong with a mini; too small is always better than too big IMO. It's also nice to have the option of something smaller for longer play sessions or as warmup toys. I was pleasantly surprised at Flints Mini size; he was big enough for the task yet small enough for those moods when I don't want to push my limits. I still sometimes reach for the Mini over my Small, so he was by no means replaced with the next size up.

Feel – You know how I was telling you how good those textures looked? I can tell you now, they feel just as good as that (and I'm not even talking in-use yet)! I adore how just running my fingers across the studs feel, back and forth and back and forth... it's a true delight on its own! When he's nice and lubed (or soapy, if I'm cleaning), the plates too are fun to rub. I'm not even kidding, I keep trying to roll the foreskin back, he's that believable!
The 5 firmness seemed to work well with the Mini, very sturdy and appropriate for the amount of textures featured on the toy. With 3 firm, I'd have probably missed out on the best of the texture, and 8 firm might have been a bit too intense for now. The 5 firmness for me seems to be the 'Goldlilocks' kind of middle ground, though I intend to move to the 8 firmness in time once I'm craving more of a challenge.

In Use (8/10)

Vaginal - One thing I will definitely say about the Mini is he's easy to take; I don't need much prep and he slips in nicely. Running the plates over my opening and clit gives me a pleasant sensation that gets me ready for penetration. The overall human-like shape makes insertion comfortable and the lack of a knot makes thrusting an ease, and the slight curve means he hits some nice places. Something I love about the Mini is the slow build-up; the smaller size seems to be better for longer, 'teaser' toying sessions. The lack of length means I use short, quick thrusts for this toy instead of going deep and slow. When I really get going with this guy, my hand goes into 'powerdrill' mode and I'm able to completely lose contol – something I can't seem to do with longer toys. It's a wonderful and intense feeling and I love being made to work for the pleasure. Sometimes I'll switch out to other, larger toys, but I'm more than capable of finishing myself with my Mini Flint alone.

Anal (?/10) – Ok, so I very briefly tried this. He went in ok, but the textures are just too much anally... for now. I think I'll stick to smooth toys for the back alley until I'm a lot more confident.

And Secondly...
Flop Opal (listed Rogue) Small Flint in 5 (Medium) firm
Stock Picture:
► Show Spoiler

First Impressions (10/10)

Colour – From the instant I saw this Flint, I a) knew he was an Opal, even though listed as 'Rogue' and b) abandoned the 'light colours don't work on Flint' theory and instead fell in love. Flopped for a minuscule defect on the bottom of the base, I couldn't let him pass, and though I was intent on getting a 3 firm due to popular choice I figured I could settle with 5 instead.
The stock picture really didn't prepare me for the true beauty he turned out to be! I could find a total of 5 colours in this toy; pink, yellow, blue, purple and some subtle hints of green. The placement of these colours is fantastic, the half pink and half yellow tip with the blue balls looks perfect. The Opal colour has this stunning, pearlescent shine to it and a semi-translucence that gives the colours a different feel depending on lighting. When held up to light source, the light passes through causing the colours to appear to 'glow'.
All in all, Opal is a very bright, 'lively' colour and really gives a toy that luxurious appearance. I would seriously recommend an Opal to anyone looking for something truly special!
P.S. The Opal colour is very difficult to capture in photographs, I spent literal hours giving this guy a photoshoot. It's one of those 'seeing is believing' kind of colours and is best appreciated in person.

Behold the Opals glow!

Flop – Time to break out the magnifying glass and go looking for those apparent 'nicks'! I gotta say, Bad Dragon has some seriously strict quality control! I figure imperfections on the bottom of the base are the very least of my worries, and certainly worth the 20% off. Toys easily and often end up with nail marks on the base after use, and this flop wasn't even as bad as a nail mark. I eventually found it after running my fingers across the base for a while, but it took some serious searching-for; a couple of 1mm by 1mm shallow indents. Honestly, if I'd received this toy as a ready-made I wouldn't have even noticed or cared.
Flop picture:
► Show Spoiler

Size – The size jump between the Mini and the Small seems very appropriate, though some may find the girth to be a little much (7 inches). Having been accustomed to Bad Dragons sizing before I was not too surprised at it being quite a bit larger than what is imagined when most think 'Small', but I can see why some are shocked when they first see it. The Small size looked perfect for what I needed, and I was confident I could take it no problem, though I would need some 'warming up' first! The moment I wrapped my hands around the shaft, I knew I just had to have him inside me...

In Use (10/10)

Vaginal - I regret nothing! This toy is... wow, just perfect! A Small Flint seemed to be just the right length, thickness and texture for me, and I'm now very glad I went for 5 firmness too!
I've used my Small Flint quite a few times now, and each time, he never fails to please. I'll often use him after warming up with smaller toys, usually after my Mini Flint; it's fun to fantasize that a smaller guy is being pushed out of the way by a bigger guy who takes over as I switch. Once I'm nicely stretched out and lubed, I'll slowly push his head back and forth against my entrance, repeating until he begins to slip comfortably in. Once he's fully in, he gives this wonderful 'filling' sensation and seems to fit perfectly. As for the texture... oh boy! Y'know, the Mini was fun and all, but this guy really knows how I like it! His plates are gorgeously rough, not at all painful but very intense. I love to really ram him in and out and feel them grating on me, all the time feeling his balls push against me when he's all in. The toys consistent girth gives me a pleasant stretch with ease without any sudden 'jumps' (such as knots) to slow me down. I can get off pretty quickly with this toy, and he's currently my 'go-to' for 'need to cum NOW' kind of moments.

Some things I've learnt from these toys...
*I LOVE texture!
*I prefer girth over length with toys.
*I enjoy firmer toys over softer ones.

Overall - I would recommend a Flint for anyone who is a lover of texture! He certainly provides that intensity needed for some and is great for rough play.

However, I would not recommend this toy to beginners or those who are texture-sensitive; he seems to be a 'love/ hate' kind of guy, and those on the 'hate' side tend to refer to him as a 'washboard' or 'cheesegrater'. If you're unsure about it, go for 3 (Soft) firm. If you like a little roughness, go for 5 (Medium) firm. If you really like a challenge, you could even consider 8 (Firm) firm.

Thank you for checking out my review! Feel free to leave any comments or questions! :smilenox:
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Kaiser

Re: A Date With The Plates - Flint Review (Mini 5 + Small 5) - Female, Vaginal (SFW)

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:12 am

First things first, good review, was a good read and i can agree with you about trying to take pictures of opal toys and the fact that it is an absolute pain in the arse :unamused: .

Hopefully you can do more reviews, as currently there are not many people who do reviews on a constant basis. And apparently after they stopped giving people rewards for doing them, the amount of reviews have declined. Which is a shame really, as tbh people want to know what people think of the toys before they buy, and sometimes reviews for some toys can be hard to find.

But a good review overall, i personally dont like the look of flint, and he seems really stubby considering his width to his size, but that opal looks amazing :widesmile:

Also that title is amusing :laugh:
Reviews Completed
Medium Gryphon (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33157&p=1065864#p1065864)
The Four Horsemen (Medium Bumble, Medium Chance, Rowan, Small Slepnir viewtopic.php?f=109&t=34995)
VVVV (Flared chance, tucker, sugerstar viewtopic.php?f=109&t=43844)
Duke's Lush Tush (viewtopic.php?f=109&t=46969)
Reviews In Progress
Goliogon

Re: A Date With The Plates - Flint Review (Mini 5 + Small 5) - Female, Vaginal (SFW)

Postby Goliogon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:25 am

Kaiser wrote:First things first, good review, was a good read and i can agree with you about trying to take pictures of opal toys and the fact that it is an absolute pain in the arse :unamused: .

Hopefully you can do more reviews, as currently there are not many people who do reviews on a constant basis. And apparently after they stopped giving people rewards for doing them, the amount of reviews have declined. Which is a shame really, as tbh people want to know what people think of the toys before they buy, and sometimes reviews for some toys can be hard to find.

But a good review overall, i personally dont like the look of flint, and he seems really stubby considering his width to his size, but that opal looks amazing :widesmile:

Also that title is amusing :laugh:

Thank you! :smilenox:

Yeah, I'd love to review pretty much every toy I get eventually, though it takes me ages (a lot of toying sessions and up to a week to write up). I take so long to do these things, wish I was quicker about it. I'm not fussed about the rewards, and honestly, just knowing I've helped someone choose a toy for them (or perhaps prevented them from getting something they wouldn't have enjoyed) is reward enough for me. I have way more spare time than I know what to do with so it's something I'd like to make into a regular hobby, and I really enjoy it!

I can see why you don't like Flint, and I realize my review is personalized to my tastes (hence why I added the 'warning' at the end). He's very much one for texture nuts like myself; I had no idea how much I loved texture until I tried this toy since most of my other toys are smooth (or at least a lot smooth-er).

I had fun thinking of a title, glad I could entertain! :laugh:

► Show Spoiler
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:32 am

I totally agree with your "need to cum now" sensation you get from Flint. Flint is such a good toy in so many ways. I find I always cum real fast and hard with flint he never fails to please! Great review! I love Flint a ton! Glad you like Flint as much as I do :D
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:36 am

Arumaeruma wrote:I totally agree with your "need to cum now" sensation you get from Flint. Flint is such a good toy in so many ways. I find I always cum real fast and hard with flint he never fails to please! Great review! I love Flint a ton! Glad you like Flint as much as I do :D

Hooray, a fellow Flint-lover! *High five!*
He's so intense, it's amazing! I'm definitely not going to shy away from texture-heavy toys ever again after this guy! :misc2:

► Show Spoiler
Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:48 am

Goliogon wrote:
Kaiser wrote: :words:

:words:

Its not so much the texture, as personally i love texture on my toys(got my med clayton arriving tomorrow :widesmile: ) but for the length i would want, i would have to get a medium and just :bugeyed: that aint gonna happen, wished they had a flint in between the small and medium, that i would buy.

So yeah look forward to more reviews :cool: , ill probably finish the rest of mine once i can think of a title :laugh:
Reviews Completed
Medium Gryphon (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33157&p=1065864#p1065864)
The Four Horsemen (Medium Bumble, Medium Chance, Rowan, Small Slepnir viewtopic.php?f=109&t=34995)
VVVV (Flared chance, tucker, sugerstar viewtopic.php?f=109&t=43844)
Duke's Lush Tush (viewtopic.php?f=109&t=46969)
Reviews In Progress
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 am

Kaiser wrote:Its not so much the texture, as personally i love texture on my toys(got my med clayton arriving tomorrow :widesmile: ) but for the length i would want, i would have to get a medium and just :bugeyed: that aint gonna happen, wished they had a flint in between the small and medium, that i would buy.

So yeah look forward to more reviews :cool: , ill probably finish the rest of mine once i can think of a title :laugh:

Ah right, I get 'ya. The length isn't exactly Flints main feature, so he's not ideal for those who need length in their toys. I've realized I prefer girth over length with mine (especially considering my less than pleasant experience with Crash), so I'm now eyeing up models such as Scorn. Then again, I've yet to try most toys anally, so that might be a different story altogether. Anal training is pretty slow, though, so it's a while away before either Flints get a proper session in that department.

► Show Spoiler
Orange-Narcolepsy
Gender: Female by organs, intergalactic space invader by heart.

Postby Orange-Narcolepsy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:54 am

Thank you so much for the review! I have a small Flint right now, and I can say with certainty that he is NOT a good toy for bad dragon beginners in this size. I, unfortunately, am a bad dragon beginner. It takes a lot of prep work to get him in (I'm talking a LOT of prep work here), but once he's in, he's amazing <3 I adore him, and even though I'm a beginner, I don't regret my size purchase. I do appreciate the mini review though - I've been debating on whether or not to even get him in that size. I have a list lined up of other BD toys I want to get and those will be fantastic for helping me out with small Flint - but I'm definitely putting a mini Flint on my list now :) Thanks again~!
Doing charity work is like peeing your pants - everyone can see the results, but only you can feel the warmth :3
SheWantsTheDragonD

Postby SheWantsTheDragonD » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:01 am

Oooh, nice helpful review. I've been keeping my eye out for more people who chose the 5 firmness on Flint. I have a small in 3, and my vagina seems to have changed its preferences more, so I kind of want to try Flint in medium firm. It's good to hear that you love yours :)

The need-to-come-now thing is something I reach to my Nova for, usually - Nova causes no washboard-like pain but is unfortunately not the beautiful girthy shape of Flint. Flint looks like he was made with vaginas in mind.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- :misc15: :misc13: :misc14: -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:03 am

Orange-Narcolepsy wrote:Thank you so much for the review! I have a small Flint right now, and I can say with certainty that he is NOT a good toy for bad dragon beginners in this size. I, unfortunately, am a bad dragon beginner. It takes a lot of prep work to get him in (I'm talking a LOT of prep work here), but once he's in, he's amazing <3 I adore him, and even though I'm a beginner, I don't regret my size purchase. I do appreciate the mini review though - I've been debating on whether or not to even get him in that size. I have a list lined up of other BD toys I want to get and those will be fantastic for helping me out with small Flint - but I'm definitely putting a mini Flint on my list now :) Thanks again~!

I'm glad you've managed to enjoy him, at least (and didn't regret the purchase!) Your first toy can't have been the mistake mine was; a 'Small' Stan in 5. Now that was a bad idea... :doh:

Mini Flint is a great toy for when you don't want to stretch out or challenge yourself too much but want something interesting texturally, the size is very manageable! Cuts out the prep work at least, it's not great to have to struggle to use a toy. Also, with smaller toys you can afford to be a bit rougher with them if you want to. I definitely like the choice of size.

► Show Spoiler
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:07 am

SheWantsTheDragonD wrote:Oooh, nice helpful review. I've been keeping my eye out for more people who chose the 5 firmness on Flint. I have a small in 3, and my vagina seems to have changed its preferences more, so I kind of want to try Flint in medium firm. It's good to hear that you love yours :)

The need-to-come-now thing is something I reach to my Nova for, usually - Nova causes no washboard-like pain but is unfortunately not the beautiful girthy shape of Flint. Flint looks like he was made with vaginas in mind.

Oh definitely, I honestly think I would have regretted going 3 firm on my Flints as I'd have missed out on the texture I love so much! I do think he's very much vagina-oriented, too!

Nova is another on my wishlist, but being longer, overall thinner and knotted, I don't think he'll quite be as good as my Flint. It's going to take something truly wondrous to push Flint out of first place for me!

► Show Spoiler
silvring

Postby silvring » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Kaiser wrote:Its not so much the texture, as personally i love texture on my toys(got my med clayton arriving tomorrow :widesmile: ) but for the length i would want, i would have to get a medium and just :bugeyed: that aint gonna happen, wished they had a flint in between the small and medium, that i would buy.

I wouldn't mind being introduced to Flint's slightly longer and slightly less girthy friend either.

Especially since that fantasy of mine about a medium Flint is going stay in the realm of the imagination.
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:17 am

Thank you for this review! Flint might very well be a birthday present to myself in the future. I think I am starting to lean towards shorter girthy toys and so far my favs have all been in 8 firm, though for Flint I think I might go medium (5). since his girth would be a new experience.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 am

Umbral wrote:Thank you for this review! Flint might very well be a birthday present to myself in the future. I think I am starting to lean towards shorter girthy toys and so far my favs have all been in 8 firm, though for Flint I think I might go medium (5). since his girth would be a new experience.

Happy to help! And what a great self-gift that would be, I say go for it! :smile:
I'm very pleased with mine in 5 firm, though if I ever really want a challenge I might consider one in 8. I too am definitely leaning towards short and girthy; I really love a good stretch and the lack of length means I don't have to worry about my cervix being poked!

► Show Spoiler
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:36 am

Goliogon wrote:
Happy to help! And what a great self-gift that would be, I say go for it! :smile:
I'm very pleased with mine in 5 firm, though if I ever really want a challenge I might consider one in 8. I too am definitely leaning towards short and girthy; I really love a good stretch and the lack of length means I don't have to worry about my cervix being poked!

My birthday wouldn't be for several months yet, but it would give me plenty of time to figure out what I like/want. I have a feeling a Medium flint would be a challenge, but at the same time, I am enjoying other medium sized toys. :psyduck: There is too much to choose from!

Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:47 am

Umbral wrote:My birthday wouldn't be for several months yet, but it would give me plenty of time to figure out what I like/want. I have a feeling a Medium flint would be a challenge, but at the same time, I am enjoying other medium sized toys. :psyduck: There is too much to choose from!

I'm putting a lot of though into which toys I get next, but I've managed to put so much on my wishlist! Since I pretty much only adopt toys, I just see what pretties are dropped and pick up whatever happens to grab my attention. I like buying that way, it's a kind of pick-n-mix where you never know what you might find! Also, I'm a notorious flop hunter (7/9 of my toys are flops)!

Oh gosh, a Flint in Medium size is a long way off for me! Definitely an aspiration, but nothing I can handle in my current level of experience. I'm still on smalls, and Flint is my girthiest toy yet (that I can actually use, Stan is just... no).

► Show Spoiler
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:02 am

Goliogon wrote:I'm putting a lot of though into which toys I get next, but I've managed to put so much on my wishlist! Since I pretty much only adopt toys, I just see what pretties are dropped and pick up whatever happens to grab my attention. I like buying that way, it's a kind of pick-n-mix where you never know what you might find! Also, I'm a notorious flop hunter (7/9 of my toys are flops)!

Oh gosh, a Flint in Medium size is a long way off for me! Definitely an aspiration, but nothing I can handle in my current level of experience. I'm still on smalls, and Flint is my girthiest toy yet (that I can actually use, Stan is just... no).

I went wild ordering toys around New Years. So I have a bunch of customs coming at me, not to mention the 4 toys I managed to pick up from the adoptions (two of which are flops!). I ordered the customs first then realized I couldn't wait as long for toys/ plus I started getting nervous about size, firmness and texture, so I started to adopt.

It's funny, the first toy I got was a Med Nox in 8 and I had no problems with the girth fitting (just that last inch or so of length.) I don't know if I should be happy or if I should be a little sad :doh:

I am with you on Stan. His design just does not appeal to me, but I do kind of like Sleip. It's been a war between Flint and Sleip, but I think Flint wins. unf.

Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:09 pm

Zaphora wrote:Love your toy colors very pretty I am a sucker for metallics but shock and awe nobody stab me I do not like the Opal color very much...hides

I have a small flint as well but mine is a natural coloring and cough he's a 8 firmness xD love love.love that guy if I'm sitting on him he hits some really good spots especially the gspot and wow isn't he awesome!!!

I'm not going any bigger than a small on flint the jump from a small to a medium is too much of a gap for me xD

Personally large is about as high as I go :)

Thanks! Yeah, my Flints are by far the prettiest toys I own! The sparkley metallic effect on the mini is so lively, and the Opal is just... unf. I guess I can kinda see why you're not too keen on the Opal colour; it is definitely a pale, subtle effect that just doesn't do it for everyone, but I think it's just magical. Not gonna stab you, but I might give you a little poke, hehe! :stick:

An 8 firmness Small Flint? Nice! I'm definitely wanting to get a Small Firm in my collection sometime soon, I think I could handle it at this point. I bet those firm plates feel real good.

I think a Medium is my upper limit, and even then, I've no immediate plans to get one that big. Larges and XL are out of the question... at least for a few more years!

► Show Spoiler
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Zaphora wrote:Oh fuck yes they do!!! Hee I just finished up playing with him so large gryphon did NOT workout at all I do not like the toy and gonna sell him xD or trade as much as I love the color it was a bit ok not my taste at all :doh: yep, so gonna get him rehomed :)

Great to hear! :stick:
And yeah, I know he's always reccommended as an anal beginner but eugh, I always thought the Gryphon looked pretty ugly. That, and vaginally, he looks like a great cervix-stabber. :doh:
Congrats for taking him on though, hehe! :laugh:

► Show Spoiler

Return to “Bad Dragon Toys”