The Naga!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
Runa

The Naga!

Postby Runa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Well, for this release we have a special treat. not one, but TWO renderings for the Naga!

the first was done by Tojo The Thief, AKA MartyrWerewolf.

nagafullrez.jpg

the other was by none other than Bad Dragon artist Narse!

Naga concept Full size.jpg
SilverWolfie

Re: The Naga!

Postby SilverWolfie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:27 pm

I think you have them backwards.. I might be wrong.. but the first one looks like Narse's style, and the second one looks like Tojo's style..
~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ SilverWolfie ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~

Order #6660: Medium Gryphon & Mini Sea Dragon
Order #7214: The Freeman
Order #9533: Beta Anthro Dragoness
Runa

Postby Runa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Nope, definitely do not have them mixed up. I spent six hours of my day clamoring over the different artworks making sure they were all there and who did what.

the first one (the one used on the product page) was done by Tojo.

Narse did the second, sketchier one (though I personally like that one better, looks shinier and the pose is nicer.)
SilverWolfie

Postby SilverWolfie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Runa wrote:Nope, definitely do not have them mixed up. I spent six hours of my day clamoring over the different artworks making sure they were all there and who did what.

the first one (the one used on the product page) was done by Tojo.

Narse did the second, sketchier one (though I personally like that one better, looks shinier and the pose is nicer.)

Guess I'm wrong then ^^ maybe its the outline thats throwing me off.
~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ SilverWolfie ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~ ~)O(~

Order #6660: Medium Gryphon & Mini Sea Dragon
Order #7214: The Freeman
Order #9533: Beta Anthro Dragoness
Talon Phier

Postby Talon Phier » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:17 am

god thats murry, seriously, that second pic can take me anywhere at any time :)
*lurks and oogles it*
To be a Hero, you need Dreams......And Honor.
Designer of the naga
[01:49] <Talon_Phier> It's a epic and unique feeling to know that someone is using something you created to have sex with.
Click for my Rabbit hole page
MrBigglesworth

Postby MrBigglesworth » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:33 am

I would love to have both of them over for some hot times ANY day of the week. 8-)
Evren

Postby Evren » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:03 am

I prefer Narses.
Not to say I dont LIKE this one, It's just a different style.
Fuzzy_Wonder

Postby Fuzzy_Wonder » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:52 am

I like the scaly texture on Narse's, I just wanna rub him all over.
Runa

Postby Runa » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:37 pm

She wanted to, and NArse likes her! (and it's the same person who did the Wallaby and Fennec)
Whiro

Postby Whiro » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Among other reasons

still, for people to say on her own submissions that they preferred Narse's... was to be blunt... quite unjust

I'm not going to get in the middle of it, but people shouldn't really be talking a whole lot in public eye about these sorta things, especially when they both did fantastic!
Talon Phier

Postby Talon Phier » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:27 am

i prefer narses art, but, in my opinion they both did awesome jobs, just the whole gonna raep you look from narses work is a bit more my style, anyone who knows me knows i prefer that, but they both did fantastic jobs ^^
Designer of the naga
[01:49] <Talon_Phier> It's a epic and unique feeling to know that someone is using something you created to have sex with.
Karighan

Postby Karighan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:20 am

This is coming from another artist.. I have to say I prefer Narse's work. His color, shading, and poses are far more vibrant and eye-catching. Tojo's designs are fine-- but her work has a flatness to it. They don't have the same life and personality that Narse gives his characters.
The chick with the Varka.
Toylist: Varka, Fennec Fox, Small Seadragon.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kittenpurr/
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:36 am

Whiro wrote:still, for people to say on her own submissions that they preferred Narse's... was to be blunt... quite unjust

I saw that, though her submission is gone now. Wtf people? You may like Narse's better, but to say that on her own submission and nothing about the quality of her own work.. *shakes head*

Pretty sure Narse is a lot more experienced than Tojo as well.. plus, she seems to do mostly commission work, which doesn't always allow for experimentation and thus change and improvement in new areas (like more contrast to reduce the flatness Karighan mentions).

Ok, going to stop white-knighting.. I know it's inevitable, but just wish people would judge her art on it's own, and not in comparison.
C-Rex

Postby C-Rex » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:51 am

I might be alone in this, but I do like Tojo's better. Narse's rendition seems a bit more rough.
#18-Tailcock - #995-Orkin - #3550-Varka - #5852-XL Gryphon - #7224-Freeman - #9390-Vag - #10685-Lrg Tailstretcher - #14798-Lrg Dobie - #28496-Vag MKII - #78892-XL Karabos
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
- Ayn Rand
Martyrwerewolf

Postby Martyrwerewolf » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Whiro wrote:Among other reasons

still, for people to say on her own submissions that they preferred Narse's... was to be blunt... quite unjust

I'm not going to get in the middle of it, but people shouldn't really be talking a whole lot in public eye about these sorta things, especially when they both did fantastic!

Thanks whiro, this means alot to me :)

narse has 5 years on me, im 18, so its kinda given that im not gonna be as good as him, but i am trying guys :/
Talon Phier

Postby Talon Phier » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:27 pm

they both look awesome hun, i love them ^^
Designer of the naga
Whiro

Postby Whiro » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Martyrwerewolf wrote:
Thanks whiro, this means alot to me :)

narse has 5 years on me, im 18, so its kinda given that im not gonna be as good as him, but i am trying guys :/

Anytime Luna, considering how long you've been in the fandom, and what you've accomplished is a feat within itself.

The problem I saw was people didn't have a whole lot of tact where it should have, and though while the comments might seem minor to others, they have a profound affect on how the people who put the effort into the art feel.
Rygor

Postby Rygor » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:16 pm

I love both of the drawings. If they were both real, I would love to have them both come over and we would have a lot of fun together. To me, MartyrWerewolf's drawing makes it more sex appealing because of the smooth skin that the Naga has. You both did a great job on drawing the Naga. I couldn't come close in drawing them. But both of the drawings are fantastic. Great job both of you.
Dimi

Postby Dimi » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:50 am

To be honest they are both really good. I tend to really like shininess for some reason, but Narse's really has an unfinished feel to it (duh?), and I like the color of the first one more
Thinkums

Postby Thinkums » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:40 am

I've worked with sound more than I have with imagery.
I have basic talents that could point out some of the makeup of this artistic design and display a wreck of my own presentation.
Once I've worked out who the naga is intended for I'll buy regardless.
It seems tempting to me. :ugeek:

For the artistic battle.
...The Drippy Dragon defeats the Naga, in my meager peasant level.
Am I on fire or something?
Or is that my own drip....

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”