Kung Furry Fury: Super Ultra Hyper HD Turbo Photoshop Battle DELUXE MEGA EDITION III!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
Audax

Kung Furry Fury: Super Ultra Hyper HD Turbo Photoshop Battle DELUXE MEGA EDITION III!

Postby Audax » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Hey gang! Guess who's got an amped-up gnarly new contest sure to blow your mind (to the MAX)!! Are you most triumphant in your Photoshop skills, dude? Bro, you gotta get in on this!!

rad.jpg

It's dangerous to go alone, so take one of these (or any other of our far out character artwork from the bad-dragon.com website!) and smash out some tough action movie justice!

Make sure to post your mad, mondo mashup in this thread with the phrase #kungfurry in your post FROM THE FUTURE!

Kick ass for some radical prizes!
ImageImageSrs. Biznis icon by LucaRyu! Tiny Biznis and Shark Flavor by Chibity! OM NOM NOM ImageImage
Chibity

Re: Kung Furry Fury: Super Ultra Hyper HD Turbo Photoshop Battle DELUXE MEGA EDITION III!

Postby Chibity » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:32 pm

In the spirit of Kung Fury, I need to get in on this. :psyduck:
Dear God, if anyone hasn't seen that movie yet, then you need to get on it. Like, right this second.

Like, here it is. Go. Go on, now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=20&v=bS5P_LAqiVg
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
goldlion

Re: Kung Furry Fury: Super Ultra Hyper HD Turbo Photoshop Battle DELUXE MEGA EDITION III!

Postby goldlion » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:42 pm

i'm real good with mspaint, you guys better watch out...

:3

good luck to all of the people with actual skill in this type of stuff xD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image
toy list in the spoiler -
► Show Spoiler
anti-firm(8) 2015™
mated to a beautiful kitty boy <3
Elli

Postby Elli » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Chibity wrote:In the spirit of Kung Fury, I need to get in on this. :psyduck:
Dear God, if anyone hasn't seen that movie yet, then you need to get on it. Like, right this second.

Like, here it is. Go. Go on, now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=20&v=bS5P_LAqiVg

WTF? No, really that's just? WTF. I watched the trailer and I don't know if that's amazing or the most awful thing I've ever seen :lol:
Vallus

Postby Vallus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:58 pm

Seeing as I've put as put in as much time learning Photoshop as it did to install, which is to say, 0 minutes, I don't think I'll be doing this. Sounds pretty cool though.

Does it have to be through Photoshop?
Image Check out my weekly toy design thread The Vallus Creation Compilation.
This week's creation - The Two in One Cock-Tail Special
LunarLion

Postby LunarLion » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm guessing there is going to be a little more info as to submissions and where and what to submit cause I'd love to break out photoshop but I work better on illustrator and would love to see what I could do there
Kith

Postby Kith » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:39 pm

As far as I know from Photoshop battles other places.... that's just the name. You don't have to literally use Photoshop to make them; any editing program will do. Unless I'm wildly mistaken, this will be the same in that it's the result that counts, not the program you use. :psyduck:
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Audax

Postby Audax » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Kith is correct: you may use any digital photo manipulation program you'd like to create your image. "Photoshop battle" is the umbrella term for a photomanipulation contest.
ImageImageSrs. Biznis icon by LucaRyu! Tiny Biznis and Shark Flavor by Chibity! OM NOM NOM ImageImage
Amahn

Postby Amahn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:18 pm

So wait, I'm confused. What exactly is the goal of the contest? Just putting a BD character into a movie screen shot? Are we just doing live action photo manipulation adding a BD character, or using art skills to paint a scene around the character? Using a real movie, or creating a new or general concept shot? Designing a movie poster?

This just seems very vague at the moment and needs more details. Including the before mentioned information about how to make submission ect.
Own:
BD:
Medium Nova 5 - CT/SC, XL Winston 3, XL Clayton 5
EE:
Silver Plug - Soft/Firm Split, Monster Buck 1.0 - Medium

Wish List:
XL Moko/Luka, Large/XL Nox, Maybe a rump (snowball?).
Vallus

Postby Vallus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Audax wrote: :words:

I figured as much, though I did want to make sure. Not that it'll likely matter, I'm not too great at photo manipulation anyway, but I might try to whip something together.

Thanks for the clarification.
Image Check out my weekly toy design thread The Vallus Creation Compilation.
This week's creation - The Two in One Cock-Tail Special
Kith

Postby Kith » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Amahn wrote:So wait, I'm confused. What exactly is the goal of the contest? Just putting a BD character into a movie screen shot? Are we just doing live action photo manipulation adding a BD character, or using art skills to paint a scene around the character? Using a real movie, or creating a new or general concept shot? Designing a movie poster?

This just seems very vague at the moment and needs more details. Including the before mentioned information about how to make submission ect.

Maybe looking at some of these will help... clicky
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Amahn

Postby Amahn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Kith wrote:Maybe looking at some of these will help... clicky

Oh I know all about photoshop competitions, one of my teachers in art school was obsessed with them and used them as assignments... she wasn't a very good teacher. It's just very vague what this competition is about, and the fact we've got cartoon BD characters as a starting point...

And rereading it now... does "smash out some tough action movie justice" even mean the manip should even involve movies or is that just being phrasey.
Own:
BD:
Medium Nova 5 - CT/SC, XL Winston 3, XL Clayton 5
EE:
Silver Plug - Soft/Firm Split, Monster Buck 1.0 - Medium

Wish List:
XL Moko/Luka, Large/XL Nox, Maybe a rump (snowball?).
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Amahn wrote:
Kith wrote:Maybe looking at some of these will help... clicky

Oh I know all about photoshop competitions, one of my teachers in art school was obsessed with them and used them as assignments... she wasn't a very good teacher. It's just very vague what this competition is about, and the fact we've got cartoon BD characters as a starting point...

Pretty sure they're just expecting any 'anything goes' sort of result from this contest, with source images from BD's website and advertisements, and inspiration derived from the 80s and the Kung Fury theme/style. I'm actually enjoying the vagueness of it, since I find it gives more creative freedom than telling us "we need this, and to be done like that".
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Kith

Postby Kith » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Amahn wrote:Oh I know all about photoshop competitions, one of my teachers in art school was obsessed with them and used them as assignments... she wasn't a very good teacher. It's just very vague what this competition is about, and the fact we've got cartoon BD characters as a starting point...

And rereading it now... does "smash out some tough action movie justice" even mean the manip should even involve movies or is that just being phrasey.

Ah, my apologies then. As far as I can tell, it's just "use these as a base, watch Kung Fury, and produce something in the spirit of the movie." Which is vague, but hopefully enough to give a general sort of direction.

AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:58 pm

This is definitely not my forte, but good luck guys and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! :smile:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Snow Paws

Postby Snow Paws » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:55 pm

I have no photoshop skills what so ever, I might attempt one though.
Kitty Tentacles!
Checklist Bio
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 pm

so its supposed to be kung fury themed? :?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
ffirebbird

Postby ffirebbird » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:21 pm

My slow-ass 5-yr old laptop just spent 1 hr 52 min downloading and installing the latest version of PhotoShop (trial version). After I get some chicken fingers and fries from Raising Cane's, it's show time!
21/MImageImage Special thanks to Chibity for the mini avatars
Rawr Wulf

Postby Rawr Wulf » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:21 pm

Die HARD... Get it? Like the... innuendo...

It's terrible, I know, had to make do with the programs I had XD
Also Kung Fury was a great movie, I've watched it like 3 times now, everyone should go check it out!

#kungfurry
Attachments
diehard.jpg
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:57 pm

#kungfurry

I haven't used photoshop in years, and was never terribly good at it to begin with. Couldn't think of a joke or theme, so just went for "as much 80s photoshop as I can get." Well, it was fun anyway. :laugh:

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”