Amazing Comic Book Artwork Battle!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
Arianfis

Re: Amazing Comic Book Artwork Battle!

Postby Arianfis » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:09 pm

LunarLion wrote:Ok so I already got ten pages for my little piece of super hero fiction filled with the works. How long should I really make this thing cause I'm sure I can go to about 20 some pages and I don't want to overwhelm anyone

I've already got ten pages as well and I'm not close to finishing/haven't edited. I think we'll be fine ^.^
Writer and vector artist!

Owns: Medium Nox
Wants: All the dicks
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:24 pm

huzzah!
[spoiler]
905c9bed58784afa8a7bb0baeadeef4c.png
[/spoiler]
#totallynotanentry
I wish I could draw anywhere near that well... but the contest reminded me of this picture :laugh:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Samson

Postby Samson » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:27 pm

Aether wrote:Sooo this might be a really dumb question, but is this competition strictly centered on Western style superheroes? Because I have a few ideas but before I act on them I thought I should check!

Hmm if this is okay then maybe I'll write a magic girl fan fic.
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
LunarLion

Postby LunarLion » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Here's the first two edited pages for people to get a little taste of the whole thing

The Sperm Savers :smile:
[spoiler]Chance was walking the city streets, not much out of the ordinary. People were having fun in more ways than one, what could you expect from the city of love on an island paradise. Chance happened to be one of the entertainers on the island and work was good, thousands of people, mostly women with the few men, came daily to enjoy their days filled with sensual attraction, sexual pleasure, and all sorts of miscellaneous kinky freedoms that they can partake of. Most of the staff on the island were men themselves each person had their day job and their night job. One of their jobs would first be an entertainer for the masses and the other would be a regular, run of the mill day labor job so as to keep the island up and running but anyone was welcome to pull aside an employee that they thought looked fine from afar and have a little fun. Chance was particularly favored by the ladies due to his many “talents” and he loved the attention but during the day he had a bit of a different job. Someone had to keep the peace, because unfortunately someone is either getting a little too out of hand or someone is trying to disturb the little slice of paradise they called home. Chance himself was good with his equipment although he didn’t consider himself much compared to his counterparts, he was good in a fight but his fellow men in arms were nothing less than supernatural. Down the street Chance could just see the station where they were stationed in tucked away to keep from disturbing the peace. “BOOOO” Chance just stopped dead as his partner Dukepool teleported in front of him out of nowhere, “hey duke what do you need this time”. “Oh nothing Chance, Oh by the way everybody I call myself dukepool because my favorite hero in the marvel universe is deadpool and I just like to do all sorts of crazy stuff hopefully this story goes somewhere where I can have some fun maybe with this big thing” duke pulled out a giant lube cannon out of nowhere. “What the hell dude, what are you doing with that thing out put that away and who the hell you talking too” chance was backing off since his already crazy partner was talking to ghost again and doing random crap but this was pretty much the usual “Usual! Damn you insult me maybe I need to mix something up, hey you writer let’s get this story moving people want action, drama, suspense, get moving!” Duke, “Dukepool!!!!” Dukepool shuffled chance in to the station as confused as ever at just how crazy dukepool was this morning but what could he do but ignore it. Inside the office was pretty simple the waiting room was nice and comfy with lounge chairs and beds for the occasional over worked entertainer or if someone took a little tumble from drink a bit too much. Besides a stray popular entertainer recovering from the long night there was JT walking around attending to the small bits of paperwork that they keep track off, the little reports here and there of entertainers needing a bit of medical care or someone breaking up a little cat fight with some well-placed handholds. “Morning guys anything to report this morning” chance and duke went to their usual monitoring some of the islands security systems ignoring JT’s attempt to have them spill everything that happened this morning. “Hey guys if you hadn’t already guessed it JT has a little “friend” that likes to stick his appendages up his butt and that’s why he’s always up tight” JT looked over to Dukepool with an odd look “duke who are you talking to and leave Oswald out of this”[/spoiler]
Onissarle

Postby Onissarle » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:55 am

Not sure if I'll use this as my final submission yet, but it'll likely be something along these lines. Best viewed at full size.

ISSUE3.jpg

Lily is just super-cute. It's nice to do a female character without a huge chest.
Last edited by Onissarle on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Dragon/Male/30/Hetero-flexible/Poly

Designer of : Lily the Raptor, Sleipnir, Cocksheath, Basilisk Sheath
Modeler for : Kippy, Nox, Royal Dragon
toxictwisted

Postby toxictwisted » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:23 am

Its still a work in progress... im not quite sure what were suppose to be doing lol... but i decided to turn hanns into a superhero... ive always had a love for poison ivy soo im making hanns XD
Am i suppose to make it like a comic book cover... oor... idk haha... advice might be helpful here XD
Pluuuuus hanns didnt have a character picture... soo idk if i can use him x.x

31442111-7f77-4cae-91e8-ecd49c24e37b.png
Male/ 20/ gay
Just a guy trying to embrace who he is on the inside
I would love to make new friends, meet new people.
Im not that bad once you get to know me :glomp:
Django

Postby Django » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:52 pm

I wanted to add in some female heroes for variety. Can I use the Anthro Shark female as the base for a character or is it strictly toys that have characters right on the product page?
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Onissarle wrote:Not sure if I'll use this as my final submission yet, but it'll likely be something along these lines. Best viewed at full size.

I see what you did there... :laugh: Is Natascha the other fine lady in your submission? Great work so far, everyone!

To anyone else wondering if they can submit work based on characters that have no official art yet, this is just my guess, but I think as long as the submission is in the spirit of the contest and can be credited to a specific character for inspiration, then it should totally be okay. If anything, I imagine BD would be enthralled to see what people think those image-less characters might look like. But that's really just my guess! I personally don't see why not, as long as you can say "Yep, that's what I think Hanns looks like!" and such, as long as it's clear.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
kleb

Postby kleb » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:33 am

Chibity wrote:[spoiler]Image

#BDsuperherocontest

You better have your best assembled soon, Duke, because your super villain is here.

Possessed by the mind of a corrupt host, Kon is a twisted variant of anomaly that desires nothing more than complete chaos, even if at a risk to its own well being. Acidic substances course through its veins and burn all who may touch its skin, but that's not the part you have to worry about. Even a fleet-footed hero needs to be wary of the searingly hot tendrils that protrude from every area of the anomaly's body, all of which can be extended at an alarming range. Worst of all? You're unlikely to ever see them, and only the most keen-sighted hero would be wise to watch for the warping thermals in the air.

Inspired by a mixture between Marvel's Venom and Carnage, and based on Kage the Anomaly.
[/spoiler]

That's so awesome! I really like the character you created for Kage, he's gotta be a fun one to draw. Also that biohazard sign :)

Aanyway, I went and tried my hand at a photoshop and it didn't turn out too bad, in my opinion. It's based from BD's Razor and Xar. I'll put the actual pictures I used in a spoiler. [spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

I present to you: Razor Edge and the Return of the Obsidian Menace

The only thing is that I spent a couple of hours making this before I even read the official rules (doh). I just thought I was supposed to go with something "comic book cover-y" but I think the rules say you are supposed to use comic book costumes with BD characters photoshopped into them. So I don't even know if this counts for the contest :? (someone let me know!!) but I spent some time on it so I'm posting it anyway!

#BDsuperherocontest (Photoshop category!!)
Draw "Yes Man", receive cookie. Image Image Thanks Chibity!
Onissarle

Postby Onissarle » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:24 am

Chibity wrote:I see what you did there... :laugh: Is Natascha the other fine lady in your submission?

Nope, that's Streak. She's just a very simple character I whipped up recently for rigging tests and postd on FA. I happened to have her already in that pose and was feeling too lazy to make more assets. I'd make Natascha a lot more fluffy and curvy!
Storm Dragon/Male/30/Hetero-flexible/Poly

Designer of : Lily the Raptor, Sleipnir, Cocksheath, Basilisk Sheath
Modeler for : Kippy, Nox, Royal Dragon
Nixsy_Kitty

Postby Nixsy_Kitty » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:08 pm

kingsley wrote:nice!
great that there are multiple ways for people to get involved with this one too!
just too bad I know almost nothing about comics :psyduck: (gogo batman symbol?)

I assume entries can be posted here as well tho(the rules only seem to mention twitter)?

You got me thinking...Batgirl! And I always like her teaming up with Supergirl. btw I only realized Snowball is a guy until I was almost done drawing. I do not read the description of BD toys often. Mostly am admiring the product and artwork. I have not drawn in a long time. I might try Krita on top of this to try coloring, emphasis on might and try. Mostly did this for fun and to take a relaxing break.
cdcomiccontest_bwdraw0.png

Oh, and this is Janine as Batgirl and Snowball as Supergirl...and female.
#BDsuperherocontest
It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty. -John Caldwell Calhoun
bisexual male; A cat who likes wolves....and hugs
BiosBits

Postby BiosBits » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Please tell me which pic you guys like most. I need to choose one but they all look good :mystery:

It's duke in an Iron Man style suit.
:smile:

without instagram filters
The sketch with instagram filters
with instagram filters
LunarLion

Postby LunarLion » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:16 pm

Ok this might be a strange question but how do we submit entries if we don't have a twitter account because I cant submit a word document here and I'd rather stay away from twitter for numerous reasons
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:42 pm

LunarLion wrote:Ok this might be a strange question but how do we submit entries if we don't have a twitter account because I cant submit a word document here and I'd rather stay away from twitter for numerous reasons

You could submit your Word document to another file hosting website like Mediafire and link us back to that:

https://www.mediafire.com
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:47 pm

can you not add the file as an attachment?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
LunarLion

Postby LunarLion » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:02 pm

it says the attachment isn't supported but I'll do what chibbity said and go through mediafire as soon as I finish editing
Arianfis

Postby Arianfis » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:58 pm

LunarLion wrote:it says the attachment isn't supported but I'll do what chibbity said and go through mediafire as soon as I finish editing

Uploading it to Google Docs and then posting a link would also work. That's what I was planning to do.
Writer and vector artist!

Owns: Medium Nox
Wants: All the dicks
Nixsy_Kitty

Postby Nixsy_Kitty » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:13 am

BiosBits wrote:Please tell me which pic you guys like most. I need to choose one but they all look good :mystery:

It's duke in an Iron Man style suit.
:smile:

without instagram filters
The sketch with instagram filters
with instagram filters

Sweet. I like the original. The filters just seem to get in the way of all the details put it. Iron man (movie version) is my favorite character and as Duke looks even more awesome. :smile:
It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty. -John Caldwell Calhoun
bisexual male; A cat who likes wolves....and hugs
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:30 am

Busy fighting with myself to get this done, one side of my brain moans not to get it done and the other says yes.
So far I'm digitally inking the sketch, not sure how I feel about it at the moment. This contest will be the most shakey I entered from others I have done on different websites and places.
I just enter these to see how my skills are and afterwards I just sit and work on where I need to improve. It's the only way to test.
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:30 am

Do you need a twitter account to take part? :o
I saw at first that it was ok to also post to this thread but now there's other rules?
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”