Amazing Comic Book Artwork Battle!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
Chibity

Re: Amazing Comic Book Artwork Battle!

Postby Chibity » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:37 am

Shadow hound wrote:Do you need a twitter account to take part? :o
I saw at first that it was ok to also post to this thread but now there's other rules?

Other rules? All I saw was more clarification:

exspectre wrote:
kingsley wrote:I assume entries can be posted here as well tho(the rules only seem to mention twitter)?

Yes, as long as it's tagged correctly, you will be good. You can post them in this thread too, may be even easier!

Have fun everybody!
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Arianfis

Postby Arianfis » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:54 am

The legendary apathy and procrastination of writers has begun to set in.

Halp.
Writer and vector artist!

Owns: Medium Nox
Wants: All the dicks
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:10 am

Arianfis wrote:The legendary apathy and procrastination of writers has begun to set in.

Halp.

I'm feeling this too lol I had some really neat ideas at first and now I'm ehhh :psyduck:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
BiosBits

Postby BiosBits » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:02 pm

It's Iron Duke :smile: #BDsuperherocontest
Husky Heart

Postby Husky Heart » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:46 pm

This looks really fun I hope I finish before the contest ends :3
Arianfis

Postby Arianfis » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:56 pm

AlphaBlue wrote:
Arianfis wrote:The legendary apathy and procrastination of writers has begun to set in.

Halp.

I'm feeling this too lol I had some really neat ideas at first and now I'm ehhh :psyduck:

Push through it! We can make it! Listen to inspiring speeches by commanders and or coaches! Dunk your head in ice water and stay up writing! Glue yourself to your chair!

Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:27 am

Chibity wrote:
Shadow hound wrote:Do you need a twitter account to take part? :o
I saw at first that it was ok to also post to this thread but now there's other rules?

Other rules? All I saw was more clarification:
exspectre wrote:
kingsley wrote:I assume entries can be posted here as well tho(the rules only seem to mention twitter)?

Yes, as long as it's tagged correctly, you will be good. You can post them in this thread too, may be even easier!
Have fun everybody!

Sorry I used wrong wording xD By other rules I meant that I didn't see the bit anymore that said "or you can post them in this thread" sorry I'm sometimes super finnish haha. I was just wondering if they can still be posted here instead of twitter.
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
toxictwisted

Postby toxictwisted » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:15 am

db3902d3-7198-4781-b588-707fabcc99a7.png

With the power to manipulate plants, thermal vision, and regeneration (among other tricks up his sleeve), Hanns is tasked with maintaining balance in a futuristic world where humans and fantasy live side by side. With his sidekick Elden, the last known fairy dragon, by his side, the duo must defend the world from forces of evil such as the secret cult "the necro-fae" and the legendary crime boss the royal dragon. Humans too have the desire to control this world with thier technology and claim or destroy what magicks they don't understand.

#BDsuperherocontest
Male/ 20/ gay
Just a guy trying to embrace who he is on the inside
I would love to make new friends, meet new people.
Im not that bad once you get to know me :glomp:
BadBear

Postby BadBear » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:17 pm

This is my entry that I've been working on for the past week~ I really put a lot into it and I'm super happy with the end result. Also just for kicks and personal taste, I went with a latex look for Harley's outfit~
Personally I've always been the type to root for the bad guys, and the perfect couple in my eyes, has to be Joker and Harley! So I couldn't resist putting Bad Dragons leading couple Janine and Duke into the roles~ I think the more devious super villain parts suit them a bit better than any superhero anyway >;3
<3

Everyone elses I've seen so far is looking awesome too! I'm actually quite surprised by all the original ideas coming out, but they are all beautiful ideas :3 Good luck to everyone who enters! I can't wait to see what else gets submitted <3

JanineHarly-DukeJoker.png

(Link to FA of it, though all my art gets watermarks, sorry! http://www.furaffinity.net/view/17113395/)

#BDsuperherocontest
(Original Art category)
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:37 pm

You're all really good at artsy stuff :D Impressed! I wonder if I have time to draw something for it too. We'll see!
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Onissarle

Postby Onissarle » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:22 pm

Adding another Villain to the mix.

Suffering from an ancient pirate curse, Bruce has turned to the side of evil. Possessing an insatiable hunger and bottomless depths, he preys on the landlubbers who are usually safe from the wrath of the sea. The more he eats, the stronger and bigger he becomes... in more ways than one.

nomstrosity1.jpg

I'll probably add more to his costume before the deadline, to make it more villainous.
Storm Dragon/Male/30/Hetero-flexible/Poly

Designer of : Lily the Raptor, Sleipnir, Cocksheath, Basilisk Sheath
Modeler for : Kippy, Nox, Royal Dragon
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:04 pm

Onissarle wrote:Adding another Villain to the mix.

I see you there, double bulge. Hmmn. <3 :psyduck:
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Sintero

Postby Sintero » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:22 pm

naga.jpg

Here’s my submission for the art contest; this was an absolute blast to make! Though, did I do the tagging correctly? This is my first post. :)

http://ladykareth.deviantart.com/art/Naga-546874466 for the full-size version.

"Unable to tolerate the scourge of super villains on this forum, Vasu the Naga dons his golden armor and cinches his red mantle tightly.* With a powerful stroke of his serpentine tail, he jettisons off into the sky on his way to give the plethora of evil-doers some good, old-fashioned justice.

*He won the armor off of a drunken Thor during a game of dice, whilst on vacation in Valhalla."

#BDsuperherocontest
Django

Postby Django » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:30 am

Welp, got 11 pages done for the fiction section. Still have to proof it and maybe change some dialogue but this should be a decent submission. Should be posting my submission soon but most likely not on Twitter. For all the work that goes into it, I hope we really and definitely can just submit here but I'll still look into twitter just in case. :-)
Hiruandan

Postby Hiruandan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:35 pm

Whelp, I've been away without a computer so I couldn't start working on an entry before Wednesday this week.
Hopefully I'll be able to finish it in time!

Here's a peek at what I've done so far:

No fun bits added yet as I'm at my SOs parents home and I'll have to add those while I'm alone in the house xD
Useless as a Lantern at Noon Image
Chibity is love Chibity is life

Toys owned:
:excited: Image Image :laugh:
Vallus

Postby Vallus » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Being the master procrastinator that I am, I didn't really feel in the mood to do a contest entry.
But now, all that has changed.
Well, hopefully I'm not being too ambitious with this, it might end up looking really weird.
Image Check out my weekly toy design thread The Vallus Creation Compilation.
This week's creation - The Two in One Cock-Tail Special
Arianfis

Postby Arianfis » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:47 pm

Hiruandan wrote: :words:

The first thing I thought when I saw this was "Those hands look so perfect"

GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Damn... That is one hott dragon-demon dude... :psyduck:
Rumor

Postby Rumor » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Here's my entry for the comic contest!

If Nobody Else Believes

[spoiler]“So you’re telling me you’re going to chicken out again, is that it, new blood?” She flashed her teeth in a familiar snarl, but they were blunt and useless. “If you’re not going to help, get out of my apartment.”

The dog was struck again by the fact that Hazel didn’t bother to hide her human form the way that some of the others did. She was all soft dark skin, artfully arranged curls and rich gold eyes, all packaged in a tailored business suit.

Painfully human and fragile in this form. None of them were magic, not the same way that Scorn was - he was on another level entirely.

“I -”

“You do not believe in us, Natascha?” A soft, lilting voice came from floor above. A delicate, tapered head like a fine arabian horse peered from the loft. Eight pointed peeled-birchwood horns and silvery, clouded eyes gleamed in the moonlight streaming in from the wide picture windows.

The plant dragon leaped over the glass railing with a sinuous movement, landing on the ground too lightly for a creature of his girth. His long sweeping tail curled lazily behind him.

The Mandrake creeped her out to be honest. The pale green scales were stained with big black blotches, but even as she watched the color faded and surged, like oil-slicked waves or a bruise healing and then resurfacing again. Occasionally a red glow peeked between his scales, lava shining up from cracks in the earth.

She had no idea what his wings might look like, all that was left were mutilated stumps sprouting from each shoulder. They flexed under her gaze, and she jerked her eyes away. “We were just talkin’ about what we could do about this, Mandrake.”

There was no knowing what he was - at least the others were relatable. At least they seemed to be made of flesh and blood. Even Xar, who had been born in the distant stars, was less troubling.

He approached the window, luminous eyes reflecting in the glass. His ears swiveled this way and that, as if listening to the city and the small specks of headlights passing below. A tangle of concrete, glass and metal.

“We will protect my forest.” He said finally, before turning his head toward a vase of wilting flowers and exhaling slowly. The flowers crumbled away like dust under a breeze, but the water in the vase cleared and tiny buds appeared on the remaining twisting willow twigs. “It is as I have always done. Do we truly have time to debate this matter?”

Hazel snorted, tossing her dark hair. “Not all of us are as durable as you and Xar, we need a plan if we don’t want to be smudges on the pavement. Scorn knows us, knows our methods. He’s not going to be an easy opponent.”

A hatch on the roof creaked open and a large form dropped heavily to the floor, unrolling from a ball when he came to a stop. The others relaxed, realizing it was only a fourth member of their team.

‘Sorry,’ he signed clumsily with meaty fingers, his mandibles flexing with embarrassment, ‘Came quickly.’

Xar looked between them as he stood, armored plating moving flexible as skin. His mandibles parted, revealing a toothy open-mouthed grin. ‘We will fight?’

Natascha searched for some kind of uncertainty in them, but not one of them wavered. She realized, abruptly, that they would go with or without her help. They weren’t asking for her permission. As always, it was a matter of if she would wear the cape and boots. If she was willing to step into the line of fire for their city.

Bizarrely, her thoughts careened to the fort that stood at the heart of the city, that marked the place where it began. She went there for her senior trip, traced her fingers over the words engraved into the stone. ‘The worm and the serpent, be no longer trampled underfoot. Turn, and rise on dragon’s wings.’

It means that the weak become powerful here. Her professor had said, pushing her glasses up her muzzle with a finger. Natascha had laughed and said: Maybe there’s something in the water. She didn’t even know half of it, before fire bloomed in her bones.

“I’ll go.”

A hand landed on her shoulder and she jumped with a yelp, ears falling back as she whirled. It was only Duke, his eyes warm with pride. “I knew you had it in you, kid.”

Natascha laughed nervously, tail slowly untucking from between her legs. “You really need to stop doing that.”

“Now where’s the fun in that?” The edges of his form blurred, melding with the shadows in which he stood. It was enough to make her eyes cross, it was so weird. Shadows were like doors and windows to him - or so the others claimed. “Waste of power, that’s what it is.”

His expression went more serious, wings flaring to draw attention to his words.

“I went to talk to the Weyr. They say they can’t help us.” There was a collective exhale, soundless but palpable. The sensation of their collective hopes being crushed. “They haven’t been the same since Janine went down and… you all remember what happened with Quake.”

Natascha only knew the story secondhand, and the most she got out of the others was that Clayton had disappeared into the mountains. Supposedly the Dragoness hadn’t returned his feelings, but her loss had been difficult for the whole team. No one had ever said so, but she suspected it was difficult for Duke as well - his ties with the Weyr ran deep from his early days as a super. If she thought hard she could remember him on the newscasts, that slim boy with the brightly colored suit and too-big wings, watching the other heroes with adoration in his eyes.

Apparently it was too much to hope that they would come to his aid now.

“So what’s the plan?” It wasn’t until the whole team turned to look at Natascha that she actually said the words.

Duke grinned, flashing needle-sharp teeth, and fluttered his wings purposely. “Guess we’re going to have to wing it.”

Hazel groaned, and the Mandrake’s ears flicked with amusement. The Mandrake was in the middle of rubbing his cheek against Xar, earning quiet trills and rapid-fire signs in response. Supremely unconcerned, just waiting for them to make up their minds. As always.

“Suit up team. I’ll go recon.”

“What if he catches you?” Natascha blurted out, recalling quite clearly the slimy feeling of Scorn burrowing into her skull. Despite what Hazel thought, she was afraid for good reason.

“Don’t you know, Natascha? I am the night.”Duke laughed, already fading into the shadows. His last words were like a scent on the wind, only half discernible, but she was sure she heard it right. ‘Scorn can’t command me.’

Hazel snorted again, lips pulling back to bare her teeth. “Drama king.”
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Rumor on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:45 pm

I started to doodle last night too but I didn't have more than 30 mins before I had to go sleep :D Now I gotta go to work but when I come back I probably try to continue. You're all really good.
Nomstrosity ....cracked me up so bad x)
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”