Amazing Comic Book Artwork Battle!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
BiosBits

Re: Amazing Comic Book Artwork Battle!

Postby BiosBits » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:06 am

I wish I have a nice tablet to work with.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:37 am

Here's my entry, hopes I got the rules right.
contest entry BD.jpg

Is based on the Superman costume but with Crash's own adjustments and the parks.
Even though a Pterodactyl was not announced for the park, still he is being carried into... battle? :psyduck:
But the real question is, is he a good guy or a bad guy? :mystery:
Enjoy everyone, been messing with colour styles :)

#BDsuperherocontest
(Original Art category)
DOXOlove

Postby DOXOlove » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:58 am

gunna try and get something done for this! Our favorite lil' sea-buddy :v

just a part of a scribble so far, hopefully will have something presentable soon!
Attachments
seadragonaqua.jpg
Artsites: [HF] - [FA] - [Tumblr]
PM me for estimates on Commissions!
Django

Postby Django » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:07 am

I'm done with my fiction submission. Apparently it gets longer in google documents for some reason. Can we get an official notice when our work is submitted to the contest? I feel that might make people breathe easier. And because I am atrocious at titles I'm just going to call this:

For Want of a MacGuffin
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NWW9saofzmETAEvsew2osi6ZWvujlfsrJ3-jFdhKHnQ/edit

#BDsuperherocontest
Last edited by Django on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rumor

Postby Rumor » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:14 am

Django wrote:I'm done with my fiction submission. Apparently it gets longer in google documents for some reason. Can we get an official notice when our work is submitted to the contest? I feel that might make people breathe easier.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NWW9saofzmETAEvsew2osi6ZWvujlfsrJ3-jFdhKHnQ/edit

#BDsuperherocontest

It says that I need to request access to your document. You might need to change your privacy settings.
Rumor

Postby Rumor » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:15 am

Rumor wrote:Here's my entry for the comic contest!

If Nobody Else Believes

[spoiler]“So you’re telling me you’re going to chicken out again, is that it, new blood?” She flashed her teeth in a familiar snarl, but they were blunt and useless. “If you’re not going to help, get out of my apartment.”

The dog was struck again by the fact that Hazel didn’t bother to hide her human form the way that some of the others did. She was all soft dark skin, artfully arranged curls and rich gold eyes, all packaged in a tailored business suit.

Painfully human and fragile in this form. None of them were magic, not the same way that Scorn was - he was on another level entirely.

“I -”

“You do not believe in us, Natascha?” A soft, lilting voice came from floor above. A delicate, tapered head like a fine arabian horse peered from the loft. Eight pointed peeled-birchwood horns and silvery, clouded eyes gleamed in the moonlight streaming in from the wide picture windows.

The plant dragon leaped over the glass railing with a sinuous movement, landing on the ground too lightly for a creature of his girth. His long sweeping tail curled lazily behind him.

The Mandrake creeped her out to be honest. The pale green scales were stained with big black blotches, but even as she watched the color faded and surged, like oil-slicked waves or a bruise healing and then resurfacing again. Occasionally a red glow peeked between his scales, lava shining up from cracks in the earth.

She had no idea what his wings might look like, all that was left were mutilated stumps sprouting from each shoulder. They flexed under her gaze, and she jerked her eyes away. “We were just talkin’ about what we could do about this, Mandrake.”

There was no knowing what he was - at least the others were relatable. At least they seemed to be made of flesh and blood. Even Xar, who had been born in the distant stars, was less troubling.

He approached the window, luminous eyes reflecting in the glass. His ears swiveled this way and that, as if listening to the city and the small specks of headlights passing below. A tangle of concrete, glass and metal.

“We will protect my forest.” He said finally, before turning his head toward a vase of wilting flowers and exhaling slowly. The flowers crumbled away like dust under a breeze, but the water in the vase cleared and tiny buds appeared on the remaining twisting willow twigs. “It is as I have always done. Do we truly have time to debate this matter?”

Hazel snorted, tossing her dark hair. “Not all of us are as durable as you and Xar, we need a plan if we don’t want to be smudges on the pavement. Scorn knows us, knows our methods. He’s not going to be an easy opponent.”

A hatch on the roof creaked open and a large form dropped heavily to the floor, unrolling from a ball when he came to a stop. The others relaxed, realizing it was only a fourth member of their team.

‘Sorry,’ he signed clumsily with meaty fingers, his mandibles flexing with embarrassment, ‘Came quickly.’

Xar looked between them as he stood, armored plating moving flexible as skin. His mandibles parted, revealing a toothy open-mouthed grin. ‘We will fight?’

Natascha searched for some kind of uncertainty in them, but not one of them wavered. She realized, abruptly, that they would go with or without her help. They weren’t asking for her permission. As always, it was a matter of if she would wear the cape and boots. If she was willing to step into the line of fire for their city.

Bizarrely, her thoughts careened to the fort that stood at the heart of the city, that marked the place where it began. She went there for her senior trip, traced her fingers over the words engraved into the stone. ‘The worm and the serpent, be no longer trampled underfoot. Turn, and rise on dragon’s wings.’

It means that the weak become powerful here. Her professor had said, pushing her glasses up her muzzle with a finger. Natascha had laughed and said: Maybe there’s something in the water. She didn’t even know half of it, before fire bloomed in her bones.

“I’ll go.”

A hand landed on her shoulder and she jumped with a yelp, ears falling back as she whirled. It was only Duke, his eyes warm with pride. “I knew you had it in you, kid.”

Natascha laughed nervously, tail slowly untucking from between her legs. “You really need to stop doing that.”

“Now where’s the fun in that?” The edges of his form blurred, melding with the shadows in which he stood. It was enough to make her eyes cross, it was so weird. Shadows were like doors and windows to him - or so the others claimed. “Waste of power, that’s what it is.”

His expression went more serious, wings flaring to draw attention to his words.

“I went to talk to the Weyr. They say they can’t help us.” There was a collective exhale, soundless but palpable. The sensation of their collective hopes being crushed. “They haven’t been the same since Janine went down and… you all remember what happened with Quake.”

Natascha only knew the story secondhand, and the most she got out of the others was that Clayton had disappeared into the mountains. Supposedly the Dragoness hadn’t returned his feelings, but her loss had been difficult for the whole team. No one had ever said so, but she suspected it was difficult for Duke as well - his ties with the Weyr ran deep from his early days as a super. If she thought hard she could remember him on the newscasts, that slim boy with the brightly colored suit and too-big wings, watching the other heroes with adoration in his eyes.

Apparently it was too much to hope that they would come to his aid now.

“So what’s the plan?” It wasn’t until the whole team turned to look at Natascha that she actually said the words.

Duke grinned, flashing needle-sharp teeth, and fluttered his wings purposely. “Guess we’re going to have to wing it.”

Hazel groaned, and the Mandrake’s ears flicked with amusement. The Mandrake was in the middle of rubbing his cheek against Xar, earning quiet trills and rapid-fire signs in response. Supremely unconcerned, just waiting for them to make up their minds. As always.

“Suit up team. I’ll go recon.”

“What if he catches you?” Natascha blurted out, recalling quite clearly the slimy feeling of Scorn burrowing into her skull. Despite what Hazel thought, she was afraid for good reason.

“Don’t you know, Natascha? I am the night.”Duke laughed, already fading into the shadows. His last words were like a scent on the wind, only half discernible, but she was sure she heard it right. ‘Scorn can’t command me.’

Hazel snorted again, lips pulling back to bare her teeth. “Drama king.”
[/spoiler]

#BDsuperherocontest
Arianfis

Postby Arianfis » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:45 am

Django wrote:I'm done with my fiction submission. Apparently it gets longer in google documents for some reason. Can we get an official notice when our work is submitted to the contest? I feel that might make people breathe easier.

#BDsuperherocontest

Rumor's right about changing permissions. Just go to the upper right hand corner and hit share, then advanced settings. Either change it so that anyone with the link can read it, or that anyone at all can read it.
Writer and vector artist!

Owns: Medium Nox
Wants: All the dicks
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:15 am

Here's what I'm working on. Aroooo un Rama xD aka Hellhound.
(that's Anung un Rama aka. Hellboy for those who aren't familiar with this guy)

I'm a huge Hellboy-fan and I have all the comics :D

Just a rough sketch still, I'm hoping to try to do it in Mike Mignola's style but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to succeed, he does so amazing work with minimal detail and yet nails the atmosphere every time.
davidthe.jpg

edit: I chose David the werewolf + tentacle x)
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Django

Postby Django » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:31 am

Arianfis wrote:Rumor's right about changing permissions. Just go to the upper right hand corner and hit share, then advanced settings. Either change it so that anyone with the link can read it, or that anyone at all can read it.

Thanks for the tip. Did that fix it?
LunarLion

Postby LunarLion » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:19 am

Ok here it is my final submission of The Sperm Savers https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SG9 ... g2Z4I/edit
hope everyone enjoys it and maybe I'll do issue 2 just for fun

#BDsuperherocontest
BadBear

Postby BadBear » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:30 am

Django wrote:Thanks for the tip. Did that fix it?

Yup, fixed now.

LunarLion wrote:Ok here it is my final submission of The Sperm Savers https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SG9 ... g2Z4I/edit
hope everyone enjoys it and maybe I'll do issue 2 just for fun

#BDsuperherocontest

Though now yours has done the same Lunar, you need to make your document public or people can't see it~
LunarLion

Postby LunarLion » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Should work now
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Phew it's done. I couldn't go sleep until it was done because I don't know if I would have had time to work on it later :D

So yeah #BDsuperherocontest Original art
David the werewolf as Hellhound also known as Arooo un Rama + poor Tentacle

Hellboy is my favorite comic and I tried my best to try Mike Mignola's art style because he's also my favorite comic artist :)

hellhounddavids.jpg
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:19 am

The Incredible Hulk Stan!
the incredible stan.png

#BDsuperherocontest (photoshop)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
DOXOlove

Postby DOXOlove » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:49 am

#BDsuperherocontest Original Art presents;

From the depths of the sea and swirling undertoe springs forth a superhero the likes of man, nor fish, nor dragon has ever seen before! Aquadragon!

I thought Spritz would make a cute Aquaman so I went with it ^q^ and whats a BD contest without a giant dragon cock rockin' out for the world to see!

Hope y'all enjoy~
Attachments
aquadragon_final.jpg
aquadragondeet1.jpg
aquadragondeet2.jpg
Artsites: [HF] - [FA] - [Tumblr]
PM me for estimates on Commissions!
LJF

Postby LJF » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:32 am

Ooh, I sent a support ticket asking but I guess I just found out m answer (we can post entries here)

Mine isn't that good (mostly a trace job) but it's always worth entering haha

WereBatWolfMan.jpg

#BDsuperherocontest

It's David the WereBatWolfMan, ready to pop a knot in your ass x3
Arianfis

Postby Arianfis » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:13 pm

And here's my fanfiction entry! Hope you all enjoy it. It was quite fun getting to know the characters. It surprised me how much character BD could fit with their little summary. They practically wrote themselves.

Brief Summary: When the bane of Duke's existence, his first toy the Varka, is stolen by business tycoon Hazel, he sends his oddly mutated employees on a desperate heist to get it back.

#BDSuperheroContest
Last edited by Arianfis on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Writer and vector artist!

Owns: Medium Nox
Wants: All the dicks
stormgirl

Postby stormgirl » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Here's my story! Eeeep it was super fun to write :downs:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17A3 ... sp=sharing

I think I got the thing right with allowing access so I hope you like it! I took a few artistic liberties but I think it's good :stick:

#BDsuperherocontest
Onissarle

Postby Onissarle » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Well, running out of time, so I'll just keep my entry simple and use what I've done.

#BDsuperherocontest

velocity_lily_full.jpg

nomstrosity1.jpg
Storm Dragon/Male/30/Hetero-flexible/Poly

Designer of : Lily the Raptor, Sleipnir, Cocksheath, Basilisk Sheath
Modeler for : Kippy, Nox, Royal Dragon
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:47 pm

DOXOlove wrote:#BDsuperherocontest Original Art presents;

From the depths of the sea and swirling undertoe springs forth a superhero the likes of man, nor fish, nor dragon has ever seen before! Aquadragon!

I thought Spritz would make a cute Aquaman so I went with it ^q^ and whats a BD contest without a giant dragon cock rockin' out for the world to see!

Hope y'all enjoy~

That is so beautiful and awesome! ;^; What an amazing job! This is so cool and awesome! He makes a great Aquaman! I want him to come save me! :smile:
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”