Pumpkin Carving winners announced!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
dragee2b
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:07 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby dragee2b » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:15 pm

Is the contest already closed to new entries? I just finished mine but maybe im too late :psyduck:
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10490
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:26 am

dragee2b wrote:Is the contest already closed to new entries? I just finished mine but maybe im too late :psyduck:


According to the website, voting is already underway; so it looks like entries are closed.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby karla-chan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:45 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I knew that I would be bad before I even got my hands near a pumpkin. However I think entries are still fun to see, by all skill levels. So I gave it ago any way and I think others shouldn't be put off by skill levels of others. Since there is only going to be 3 winners any way. However by taking part you add to the fun.

Just like the fancy dress contest. So I think it is such a shame that people have been put off. plus I think everyone getting $5 USD store credit just for entering is kind of awesome. I know it is only a small amount, but it is still pretty cool!


Eh, true. In Australia, we really don't celebrate Halloween in any big way, and so you can't really buy traditional pumpkins to carve. I think I saw a few, at one place, but they didn't look very nice.


Ah I see, I'm in the UK and we do kind of celebrate Halloween but it is seriously undertoned compared to the US. So I can see why that would be an issue.

Still I think it is a shame people got put off by skill, rather than practicalities. Since I knew full well people in the US would have had more practice than me from the start. Since it's been such a long time since I have even tried to do it, with it being less of a thing over here.

But if you can't really get them, I can understand that.
User avatar
AmethystSnake
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:30 am
Gender: Female

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby AmethystSnake » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:46 am

I think also that it's sad that people wouldn't participate because of "talent". I myself tried this FIRST TIME in my whole life since we don't have pumpkin carving as a tradition in Finland :'D
Female / 21 / Bisexual (prefer men) / In relationship with Edward Bluefox / Has 12 fantasy toys! / Artist, writer, gamer / Spiritual person

Image
Image
stealthy fox
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:47 am
Gender: male

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby stealthy fox » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:32 am

I knew I would not win but I had fun making a dragon pumpkin for the first time. I cast my vote for the coolest one they definitely deserve it. I hope there are more contests like this for the future
User avatar
Hoofs_N_Horns
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:38 pm

Welp I voted. It was super difficult to choose just one. I started with a list of about 20 faves! :doh:
Penetrables comparison: here
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby karla-chan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:23 am

stealthy fox wrote:I knew I would not win but I had fun making a dragon pumpkin for the first time. I cast my vote for the coolest one they definitely deserve it. I hope there are more contests like this for the future


As cheesy as it is to say, the most important thing is that you had fun! Plus I know I have enjoyed seeing all the entries, and everyone who has entered has added to that fun! I knew I had no chance of winning too, but I thought it was well worth giving it my best shot just because. I hope there is more contests in the future too. Since both this and the dress up contest was very enjoyable!

I have also voted for the one I liked the best. However there was so many good entries and I think a lot of people should be proud of their entries.
User avatar
Inferno
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:57 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby Inferno » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:01 am

tentacletommy wrote:I don't see my pumpkin on the voting page. Was there a pre-voting stage, or do you have to sign up to have it listed?


No, you just had to post it with some way of BD seeing it (twitter, here, etc) with the #bdpumpkincontest tag somewhere in the post :/ there are 69 entries, you sure it's not there? It took some time for me to find mine :nerdy:
One part of a beautiful couple seeking bliss...

Collection below the spoiler for space concerns!

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
BadBear
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:30 am
Gender: Female
Location: York, UK

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby BadBear » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:54 am

Inferno wrote:
tentacletommy wrote:I don't see my pumpkin on the voting page. Was there a pre-voting stage, or do you have to sign up to have it listed?


No, you just had to post it with some way of BD seeing it (twitter, here, etc) with the #bdpumpkincontest tag somewhere in the post :/ there are 69 entries, you sure it's not there? It took some time for me to find mine :nerdy:


That kinda sucks.. I don't see your entry either, and I saw it here on page 7 at the bottom, with the # and such. But it does say you edited your post last on the 3rd after the end date? Did you forget to include the #? That's the only reason I can think they might have not included you. Otherwise it's just a mistake on their end which you could send them an e-mail / ticket about it.
User avatar
twinkle-little-bat
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 am
Gender: female

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby twinkle-little-bat » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:21 pm

this isn't an entry for the contest. I just wanted to share a picture of the pumpkin I carved for halloween. With my fursona Twinkle the bat :misc2: :widesmile:
IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby karla-chan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:59 pm

twinkle-little-bat wrote:this isn't an entry for the contest. I just wanted to share a picture of the pumpkin I carved for halloween. With my fursona Twinkle the bat :misc2: :widesmile:


Oh wow, that is really cute! I am happy you decided to share! :misc2: :widesmile:
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10490
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Ffdsgsbb wrote:I really hope I can enter this because I have a cool idea. I also hope I can actually do it, since I have no idea what I am doing.


The contest is actually already over, and already in the voting stages. I believe voting ends in another day.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
twinkle-little-bat
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 am
Gender: female

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby twinkle-little-bat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:38 pm

karla-chan wrote:
twinkle-little-bat wrote:this isn't an entry for the contest. I just wanted to share a picture of the pumpkin I carved for halloween. With my fursona Twinkle the bat :misc2: :widesmile:


Oh wow, that is really cute! I am happy you decided to share! :misc2: :widesmile:


really glad you liked my pumpkin. Halloween this year has been epic. hope you had a good Halloween too :smile:
User avatar
Inferno
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:57 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby Inferno » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:31 pm

So... Voting is over, when will the winner be announce and everyone get their credit? Just a bit curious since the voting page is up saying it ended yesterday :nerdy:
One part of a beautiful couple seeking bliss...

Collection below the spoiler for space concerns!

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
twinkle-little-bat
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 am
Gender: female

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby twinkle-little-bat » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:42 pm

hopefully soon, can't wait to see who wins. Even if I don't win I still get my $5 voucher. Plus I had fun carving my pumpkin. lot of luck to everyone who took part in this contest :misc2: :widesmile:
User avatar
MoonMoonKitty
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:49 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby MoonMoonKitty » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:17 am

Out of curiosity, for anyone who has won credit before, does it just appear in your store account or do you get notified? My store account is registered with a different email than my forum account, so I'm not sure if that will cause complications?
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby karla-chan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:44 am

MoonMoonKitty wrote:Out of curiosity, for anyone who has won credit before, does it just appear in your store account or do you get notified? My store account is registered with a different email than my forum account, so I'm not sure if that will cause complications?


I have the same issue actually. Since this is name I go under on the internet, and what I am know as. However with my Bad Dragon account I just chose a silly and a little bit naughty name. Since I didn't know about the forum at the time really, and thought I would just be shopping and that was it.
User avatar
OverlyExcitable
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:44 pm
Gender: One boy, one lady, long term relationship
Location: UK

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby OverlyExcitable » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:00 pm

MoonMoonKitty wrote:Out of curiosity, for anyone who has won credit before, does it just appear in your store account or do you get notified? My store account is registered with a different email than my forum account, so I'm not sure if that will cause complications?


If you've won something, you'll tend to get a private message, visible when you log into the forums (check the red bar, top right of the screen). This asks you to reply with the e-mail address you use for your Bad Dragon account, so the staff can add the relevent store credit. This message may come through before or after the official winners announcement, so check back a week later just to be sure. Sometimes they do unofficial 'Staff picks' or 'you made us snort milk through our noses' -type runner up prizes.
Hope that helps, and good luck.
-- SCIENCE! --
User avatar
BadBear
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:30 am
Gender: Female
Location: York, UK

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby BadBear » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:20 pm

karla-chan wrote:
MoonMoonKitty wrote:Out of curiosity, for anyone who has won credit before, does it just appear in your store account or do you get notified? My store account is registered with a different email than my forum account, so I'm not sure if that will cause complications?


I have the same issue actually. Since this is name I go under on the internet, and what I am know as. However with my Bad Dragon account I just chose a silly and a little bit naughty name. Since I didn't know about the forum at the time really, and thought I would just be shopping and that was it.


I believe they send you a message first, most likely through the forum or maybe through twitter if people entered on there. They sent me a message on here asking for my account e-mail to send the store credit to when I placed for 'staff pick' in the comic book contest. So I'm just going off that.
-edit-
Oh xB already explained, I missed the last page..
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pumpkin Carving!

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:29 pm

BadBear wrote:
karla-chan wrote:
MoonMoonKitty wrote:Out of curiosity, for anyone who has won credit before, does it just appear in your store account or do you get notified? My store account is registered with a different email than my forum account, so I'm not sure if that will cause complications?


I have the same issue actually. Since this is name I go under on the internet, and what I am know as. However with my Bad Dragon account I just chose a silly and a little bit naughty name. Since I didn't know about the forum at the time really, and thought I would just be shopping and that was it.


I believe they send you a message first, most likely through the forum or maybe through twitter if people entered on there. They sent me a message on here asking for my account e-mail to send the store credit to when I placed for 'staff pick' in the comic book contest. So I'm just going off that.
-edit-
Oh xB already explained, I missed the last page..

Is this how the store credit we get for entering is going to work? Or did I miss some news about how that would be issued/when it would show up? :psyduck:

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests