DragonTech Art Contest - Winners Announced!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
LowGirl

Re: DragonTech Art Contest

Postby LowGirl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:51 am

Future Cars runs with atomic cum! :stick:
AzureParagon

Re: DragonTech Art Contest

Postby AzureParagon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:23 pm

cpfan1234 wrote:#dragontechart

It's something.

It's interesting to see a visionary effect like that, and out of all the entries, it adds more variety to the visual content overall :D
ImageIf you had a dream and lost it, then replace it with another dream.
Prydri

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Prydri » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Were the entries culled down? I didn't see mine up on the voting...?
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:52 pm

I am both excited to see who is going to win, but sad it is over and I won't get to see any more new entries!

There has been so honestly wonderful entries here and everyone who has entered should be really proud! Plus I love how friendly and chatty everyone has been throughout the contest as well. People have been so wonderful. It has been a really positive experience for me and I am so happy to have taken part in this!
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:56 pm

karla-chan wrote:I am both excited to see who is going to win, but sad it is over and I won't get to see any more new entries!

There has been so honestly wonderful entries here and everyone who has entered should be really proud! Plus I love how friendly and chatty everyone has been throughout the contest as well. People have been so wonderful. It has been a really positive experience for me and I am so happy to have taken part in this!

This was my thought on it, too! I genuinely enjoyed every entry I saw and I'm glad to see everyone being so nice! Competitions can really bring out the nasty side in people sometimes. I'm glad all the contests recently have been kept in good fun! I'm really curious to see who wins. Voting is always so tough!
Prydri

Postby Prydri » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Just double checked on my mates account and my entry isn't showing up on voting for him either. ; ; did anyone else's entry not make it up?
silvring

Postby silvring » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Prydri wrote:Just double checked on my mates account and my entry isn't showing up on voting for him either. ; ; did anyone else's entry not make it up?

Have you messaged any admins about it to get it up there? O_O
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Amaranthe wrote:This was my thought on it, too! I genuinely enjoyed every entry I saw and I'm glad to see everyone being so nice! Competitions can really bring out the nasty side in people sometimes. I'm glad all the contests recently have been kept in good fun! I'm really curious to see who wins. Voting is always so tough!

That is my thoughts actually. I have been in some contests that have been really competitive where people have been really mean spirited to the point they have pulled down winners claiming that they didn't deserve to win, and all kinds of horrible things. Like they have just torn people down out of jealousy, and kicked off like children because they feel /they/ deserve it more.

I think stuff like that can ruin the contest for everyone. This has been so different to that in the best possible way, and I have enjoyed the atmosphere and well as all the wonderful things people have created. So I am curious who is going to win too, since how are people going to decide? Just how??

Voting is going to be so tough, because how are you supposed to compare some of these entries? We get one vote and that is all! But things have been so different, but in a great way! We have had a bit of all sorts!

So good luck to everyone who is going to have to decide just who to pick! Since it is going to be so hard!
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:12 pm

karla-chan wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:This was my thought on it, too! I genuinely enjoyed every entry I saw and I'm glad to see everyone being so nice! Competitions can really bring out the nasty side in people sometimes. I'm glad all the contests recently have been kept in good fun! I'm really curious to see who wins. Voting is always so tough!

That is my thoughts actually. I have been in some contests that have been really competitive where people have been really mean spirited to the point they have pulled down winners claiming that they didn't deserve to win, and all kinds of horrible things. Like they have just torn people down out of jealousy, and kicked off like children because they feel /they/ deserve it more.

I think stuff like that can ruin the contest for everyone. This has been so different to that in the best possible way, and I have enjoyed the atmosphere and well as all the wonderful things people have created. So I am curious who is going to win too, since how are people going to decide? Just how??

Voting is going to be so tough, because how are you supposed to compare some of these entries? We get one vote and that is all! But things have been so different, but in a great way! We have had a bit of all sorts!

So good luck to everyone who is going to have to decide just who to pick! Since it is going to be so hard!

This is so true. I hate seeing people get all wound up over stuff like this. It's just for fun! And sure, it would be fantastic to win, but it's much better to have fun making an entry and see what everyone else does! What's the point of sulking about not winning and taking it out on the people who did win? What's it going to change, except people's opinions of you?
Prydri wrote:Just double checked on my mates account and my entry isn't showing up on voting for him either. ; ; did anyone else's entry not make it up?

I thought mine wasn't there at first, but then I found it. I actually don't remember seeing yours now that you mention it. I'd send a ticket ASAP!
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Amaranthe wrote:This is so true. I hate seeing people get all wound up over stuff like this. It's just for fun! And sure, it would be fantastic to win, but it's much better to have fun making an entry and see what everyone else does! What's the point of sulking about not winning and taking it out on the people who did win? What's it going to change, except people's opinions of you?

Oh yes, sadly people can be greedy and nasty when the prizes are pretty big. Although the BD prizes have been really generous and that has not changed how people have acted. It has not made them act in this childish, petty, cut throat way. If I am fully honest though my experiences on this forum as a whole have been really positive. So I think maybe it could be do with the atmosphere this site must create that means people are so great? Since it has been great!

You are right though, people should think more that in sulking about not winning and taking it out on the people who did win is only going to change people's opinions of you. And not in a good way. Since it is so horrible to try and ruin things like that for others. However I have seen none of that here. It has been so refreshing. People have just been pleased for the winners so far.

I am so happy to be around on this forum, and to have been a part of this contest.

There does seem to be some entries missing, like is it worth look through the thread and double check that people used that tag on their entry? Are they the missing ones? Or is it random? Either way I hope it can get sorted.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:35 pm

karla-chan wrote: :words:

Yes! These forums are almost always positive and helpful. Only every so often do people seem to get ruffled (myself included). I'm really glad I decided to join the forums. My experience has been nothing but positive! I think that is really the biggest reason why I decided to participate in the contests in the first place.
Prydri

Postby Prydri » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Someone PMed me, hopefully things can get fixed. I was all tagged up and posted back on page 8. I'm sooo bummed out... and I still need to study for my typography midterm. Good luck to everyone else though ; ;.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Amaranthe wrote:

Yes! These forums are almost always positive and helpful. Only every so often do people seem to get ruffled (myself included). I'm really glad I decided to join the forums. My experience has been nothing but positive! I think that is really the biggest reason why I decided to participate in the contests in the first place.

I have received such a warm welcome here, unlike what I am used to else where actually. It is amazing. I have noticed when people have been ruffled they have argued their points though. Which is legit really, I have /not/ seen over the top nasty name calling, or people trying to drag people through the dirt. Just people getting their points across, even if they have been heated. Which to be honest, is just human.

I really like it here actually, and hope I can fully become a member of the community and get to know people.

That is awesome actually, it is so great that it is so positive of here that people can enter the contests and feel like it is going to be a good experience, and they feel safe doing so. I have had so much fun because of how lovely and kind people have been.

I just hope people who haven't got their entries up can get it sorted soon. So they don't miss out on voting time too much. I can see why people are bummed. Honestly good luck!
sapphire

Postby sapphire » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Yikes!! That's messed up that they missed so many entries :< I'm thinking maybe for future contests it should all be sent directly to them through an email. That would make things much easier for everyone I think. Also for some reason they made my entry reeeally small. I don't think they clicked the picture to make it larger and instead saved the small preview used on the forums. Which is just how the attachments decided to work. So I couldn't do anything about that. Though enlarging it is one click away.. :eyeroll: oh well
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Prydri wrote:Someone PMed me, hopefully things can get fixed. I was all tagged up and posted back on page 8. I'm sooo bummed out... and I still need to study for my typography midterm. Good luck to everyone else though ; ;.

I hope your entry gets up soon! I'm sorry it got missed. :unamused:
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:15 pm

karla-chan wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:

I have received such a warm welcome here, unlike what I am used to else where actually. It is amazing. I have noticed when people have been ruffled they have argued their points though. Which is legit really, I have /not/ seen over the top nasty name calling, or people trying to drag people through the dirt. Just people getting their points across, even if they have been heated. Which to be honest, is just human.

I really like it here actually, and hope I can fully become a member of the community and get to know people.

That is awesome actually, it is so great that it is so positive of here that people can enter the contests and feel like it is going to be a good experience, and they feel safe doing so. I have had so much fun because of how lovely and kind people have been.

I like the forums a lot :D Maybe because we all share very personal things about what we like and what we like to do when the lights go out. Also it's nice to be in a place where you will not be judged like that. I also hope I'll get to know people here, everyone's been super nice :)
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Cas

Postby Cas » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:21 pm

It is so hard to cast my vote, so many awesome entries! I wish everyone the best of luck! :widesmile:

This contest has been a lot of fun and I agree with Amaranthe and karla-chan, I've been in some contests were people were pretty mean and nasty but these contests were everyone looks at it from a fun or positive perspective are rather uplifting.
► Show Spoiler

Ehhh, sorry for the long ramble, I didn't mean to go on like that. o_o

I hope you can get things sorted out soon!
sapphire

Postby sapphire » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:27 pm

I think I got the issue fixed. I used the customer service chat on the front page for the fist time and everything went well! I suggest that people who don't have their entries submitted to use that because you will probably get a quick reply. Though it has to be during work hours. Good luck to everyone :misc2: ;w;
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Oh I am so happy it is going to get sorted!

Shadow hound wrote:
I like the forums a lot :D Maybe because we all share very personal things about what we like and what we like to do when the lights go out. Also it's nice to be in a place where you will not be judged like that. I also hope I'll get to know people here, everyone's been super nice :)

I do think the serious lack of judgement on here is a huge factor actually, since it does make things more relaxed actually. I also agree, everyone I have met on here has been super nice. However I also think it is great that we do have a place we can talk about those things too, although I understand not everywhere is appropriate for that as well. But it is nice that this is a place to do that, and not only that but everyone seems so friendly and supportive.

It is a pretty active community too, and I think with bigger groups it is harder to have that friendly and warm atmosphere. However this place does manage it. Even when there is awesome prizes involved.
Prydri

Postby Prydri » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:39 pm

sapphire wrote:I think I got the issue fixed. I used the customer service chat on the front page for the fist time and everything went well! I suggest that people who don't have their entries submitted to use that because you will probably get a quick reply. Though it has to be during work hours. Good luck to everyone :misc2: ;w;

I'd be tempted to try the chat, but I did get PMed by someone and am waiting to hear back and it may seem rude to try multiple avenues. They really do need to make a more streamlined way of holding these things though like a simple php form or email... Glad you got yours fixed though<3 size can make a huge difference depending on the piece.

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”