DragonTech Art Contest - Winners Announced!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
sapphire

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby sapphire » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Prydri wrote:
sapphire wrote:I think I got the issue fixed. I used the customer service chat on the front page for the fist time and everything went well! I suggest that people who don't have their entries submitted to use that because you will probably get a quick reply. Though it has to be during work hours. Good luck to everyone :misc2: ;w;

I'd be tempted to try the chat, but I did get PMed by someone and am waiting to hear back and it may seem rude to try multiple avenues. They really do need to make a more streamlined way of holding these things though like a simple php form or email... Glad you got yours fixed though<3 size can make a huge difference depending on the piece.

Gosh I hope you get a reply soon then :( But I definitely agree that a new method is needed. Because when issues like this pop up then the person who worked so hard on their art piece could be missing potential votes. And the all around enjoyment of participation is soured :doh: I wish the best of luck to you!
SchmoopityFoop

Re: DragonTech Art Contest

Postby SchmoopityFoop » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Reyriders wrote:#dragontechart

Dragon Tech Sale 2.jpg

For my submission, I didn't know where to start, so I just started making most of the Fallout themed merchandise in 3D. After that I made Twitch and Nocturne in 3D and compiled them into this one scene in a radiation storm.

Download?
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:46 am

Prydri wrote:
sapphire wrote:I think I got the issue fixed. I used the customer service chat on the front page for the fist time and everything went well! I suggest that people who don't have their entries submitted to use that because you will probably get a quick reply. Though it has to be during work hours. Good luck to everyone :misc2: ;w;

I'd be tempted to try the chat, but I did get PMed by someone and am waiting to hear back and it may seem rude to try multiple avenues. They really do need to make a more streamlined way of holding these things though like a simple php form or email... Glad you got yours fixed though<3 size can make a huge difference depending on the piece.

I know size can make a difference, but at least people on the forum have seen it, and hopefully if people saw it and liked it here. Will remember it and still place their vote.

Since I actually only clicked on the large view for entries I had not seen. Since even by the avatars I recognise the art that has been here, since I have been following this thread and enjoying the entries that way.

But I know there was other media's to post the art which I haven't seen. So I clicked on them to see what they are like because I needed to. I suspect a lot of people who do vote will be on here though.

I hope you can get it sorted, but don't loose too much hope because people on here would have seen it in its full glory and still voted. I hope everyone with an issue can get it fixed. Since there is some amazing work missing. Hopefully we can find out what went wrong too.

I really honestly empathise though, since it I would be upset if it happened to me as well. I have entered a contest where the hosts blurred my image for the voting. This was a case of you not allowed to reveal who you where during the contest either. I was so upset. It only happened to my entry as well.

Not helped by the fact people hosting it were not that helpful in fixing the issue and not friendly about it either. They where just acting like I was being a bother and actually told me to stop whining about it. Ranted at me in how they had a life and more important things to do. I actually came last place in the end too since it didn't get fixed until hours before the end if voting. It did really sour me, because I understand mistakes happen and I can forgive that. However it was how they went about it, and how they treated me.

So I do honestly feel for the people who had had issues with their entries.

I think BD from what I have seen will be much nicer about it and do their best to help. They seem so much more professional as a whole actually. I'm sure that they will do their best to try and sort something out.

Also hopefully people on here who wanted to vote for a missing entry to win will hold off voting until we know what is going to happen as well. I know it still must hurt, but at least for now people can see your entries here. I know it's not ideal but at least there is some hope there.
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:20 am

sapphire wrote:Yikes!! That's messed up that they missed so many entries :< I'm thinking maybe for future contests it should all be sent directly to them through an email. That would make things much easier for everyone I think. Also for some reason they made my entry reeeally small. I don't think they clicked the picture to make it larger and instead saved the small preview used on the forums. Which is just how the attachments decided to work. So I couldn't do anything about that. Though enlarging it is one click away.. :eyeroll: oh well

Mine was small as well but to be honest I don't think it matters in my case cause there were so many more BD fan themed ones and also magnificent arts that they put me in their shade anyways haha. But at least I tried! xD
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Prydri

Postby Prydri » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:25 am

It was too late for me to be added, but I was given some credit for the error so I am remorseful but happy BD really seems to care about peeps around here~ Hopefully I'll get to compete with everyone next time around. I got some pms from people who loved my entry and got to share it with others, and that makes me really happy. Due to my poor social skills I need all the exposure I can get if I'm gonna make a go at this art thing~
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:33 am

Prydri wrote:It was too late for me to be added, but I was given some credit for the error so I am remorseful but happy BD really seems to care about peeps around here~ Hopefully I'll get to compete with everyone next time around. I got some pms from people who loved my entry and got to share it with others, and that makes me really happy. Due to my poor social skills I need all the exposure I can get if I'm gonna make a go at this art thing~

I am so glad that they did that for you, that was really nice of them!

Plus I think it is a great sign that people did actually PM you to tell you that! That is awesome and the kind of thing I am currently feeling so happy about this contest for. Since everyone is so nice and supportive. At least you have got some of that exposure through the contest, even if it is too late to be added to the voting.

I have enjoyed so many entries in the this contest, and I think such a great part was seeing what everyone was coming up with. So at least you still got to take part in that! I hope to see your art in future contests too!
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:36 am

Prydri wrote:It was too late for me to be added, but I was given some credit for the error so I am remorseful but happy BD really seems to care about peeps around here~ Hopefully I'll get to compete with everyone next time around. I got some pms from people who loved my entry and got to share it with others, and that makes me really happy. Due to my poor social skills I need all the exposure I can get if I'm gonna make a go at this art thing~

Aww, that's too bad. I liked your entry! But at least they gave you some credit to make up for it. I hope you'll participate in future contests, even though this one didn't work out the way you expected.
Prydri

Postby Prydri » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:50 am

Amaranthe wrote:

Aww, that's too bad. I liked your entry! But at least they gave you some credit to make up for it. I hope you'll participate in future contests, even though this one didn't work out the way you expected.

Oh I'll keep hitting contests, the curse has to crack eventually! Years ago for a comic contest, rising stars of manga or something I think, my entry got shredded in the mail and returned due to the damage. So this is waaaay better than that at least, ehehe. I lead a charmed life~ Another funny thing to come of the contest is now my mate wants to learn to crochet xD.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:14 am

Prydri wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:

Oh I'll keep hitting contests, the curse has to crack eventually! Years ago for a comic contest, rising stars of manga or something I think, my entry got shredded in the mail and returned due to the damage. So this is waaaay better than that at least, ehehe. I lead a charmed life~ Another funny thing to come of the contest is now my mate wants to learn to crochet xD.

That is because TokyoPop were horrifically bad actually. Even if you would have won you wouldn't not have got paid. Oh and they technically would now own your entry if they hadn't returned it to you! So you were luckier than you think with that.

However the company went bust because the artists and writers got sick of them screwing them over and not paying them. They offered me a contract years ago, but when I read it in detail I found out just how bad it was. If you want to know more details we can take it to PM and I will tell you about my experiences with them if you like.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Well, today was the day! I wonder when the winners will be announced? I'm excited to see who won!
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm excited too, I wouldn't like to make any guesses who is going to win either. I'm so curious!
Audax

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Winners Announced!

Postby Audax » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:04 am

Congratulations to the winners of the Dragontech Art contest!

entry-43.png
First place

entry-19.png
Second place

entry-31.png
Third place
entry-31.png (242.62 KiB) Viewed 1834 times

Everyone's entries were amazing, and we hope that all of you had a great time participating. We look forward to bringing you plenty more of these events in the future!
ImageImageSrs. Biznis icon by LucaRyu! Tiny Biznis and Shark Flavor by Chibity! OM NOM NOM ImageImage
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Winners Announced!

Postby Basvanderwerff » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:11 am

Last edited by Basvanderwerff on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:15 am

Congratulations, everyone! :dukeretro:
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:24 am

Congrats! Well earned! My fav was still the crocheted dragons though :D So Knottery you're a winner in my heart in this contest! Can't give you more prizes than praise though :) :misc2:
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Syntex

Postby Syntex » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:35 am

Congrats to the other two, two very lovely pieces of art :widesmile:
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:35 am

Congrats everyone! :smile:
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:48 am

Congrats to the winners! I really hope you all enjoy your prizes!
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:01 pm

Syntex wrote:Congrats to the other two, two very lovely pieces of art :widesmile:

so you only joined forums for contest .........
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Congrats to the winners! Very well deserved :stick: and very nice work to everyone else who entered, there were some really neat ones :buddy:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”