DragonTech Art Contest - Winners Announced!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
Syntex

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Syntex » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Basvanderwerff wrote:
Syntex wrote:Congrats to the other two, two very lovely pieces of art :widesmile:

so you only joined forums for contest .........

Why is that a problem? I don't use Twitter or FA, wasn't gonna post it to my Facebook or Tumblr, but I wanted to join, is it wrong? :s
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Syntex wrote:
Basvanderwerff wrote:
Syntex wrote:Congrats to the other two, two very lovely pieces of art :widesmile:

so you only joined forums for contest .........

Why is that a problem? I don't use Twitter or FA, wasn't gonna post it to my Facebook or Tumblr, but I wanted to join, is it wrong? :s

Not at all! (btw, welcome! ^^)
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:10 pm

AlphaBlue wrote:
Syntex wrote:
Basvanderwerff wrote:so you only joined forums for contest .........

Not at all! (btw, welcome! ^^)

I didn't even notice that you were new! Welcome! I also don't know why it would b a problem. The way I see it, I'm glad to see that BD is doing community things and the community is growing because of it. :widesmile:
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Joining a forum just for their art contest is pretty lame esp when you clearly been drawing for years and years.. it like some establised artist signing up for the local footbalclubs singing contest. but whatever.....
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
Syntex

Postby Syntex » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Thanks you two ^^ I'm not the most active forum person around but I have lurked Bad Dragon for years, I guess it was about time I joined myself, and thanks to the competition, I can finally get myself a little something from the store as well
Syntex

Postby Syntex » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Basvanderwerff wrote:Joining a forum just for their art contest is pretty lame esp when you clearly been drawing for years and years.. it like some establised artist signing up for the local footbalclubs singing contest. but whatever.....

Well they allowed everyone from different social medias to join in, it wasn't just a forum thing, so I don't see the problem.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Basvanderwerff wrote:Joining a forum just for their art contest is pretty lame esp when you clearly been drawing for years and years.. it like some establised artist signing up for the local footbalclubs singing contest. but whatever.....

Would you still be upset if they hadn't placed?
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:19 pm

At the end of the day the contest was voted for, this is a very fair way to do it. So all 3 winners won fair and square. It is poor sportsmanship to imply otherwise. May the best art win. The voters decided what that was. Honestly I am happy for everyone who won.

It shouldn't matter how long someone has been here at all. I was new for one of the contests, even though I could have entered through Tumblr, however I was wondering if I should join the community or not. I decided to in the end and I am so glad I have. Since everyone has been so friendly and welcoming to me. I have loved how supportive the community has been through this contest, and that alone was enough to make me feel like a winner.

I really hope it stays that way. Please don't ruin what has been a really positive experience for me and others.

Seriously do not do this! The contest was open to more then one site as well. So why does it matter if they are new here? Seriously?
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:20 pm

Syntex wrote:

Well they allowed everyone from different social medias to join in, it wasn't just a forum thing, so I don't see the problem.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, way I see it you went the extra mile by joining in :wink:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:23 pm

karla-chan wrote:At the end of the day the contest was voted for, this is a very fair way to do it. So all 3 winners won fair and square. It is poor sportsmanship to imply otherwise. May the best art win. The voters decided what that was. Honestly I am happy for everyone who won.

It shouldn't matter how long someone has been here at all. I was new for one of the contests, even though I could have entered through Tumblr, however I was wondering if I should join the community or not. I decided to in the end and I am so glad I have. Since everyone has been so friendly and welcoming to me. I have loved how supportive the community has been through this contest, and that alone was enough to make me feel like a winner.

I really hope it stays that way. Please don't ruin what has been a really positive experience for me and others.

Seriously do not do this! The contest was open to more then one site as well. So why does it matter if they are new here? Seriously?

This was my thought, too. Even if they had used another platform, they would have still been entered into the voting and the results would have been the same. It doesn't really matter at all.
DaveThePangolin

Postby DaveThePangolin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:29 pm

It's not okay to make disparaging comments at others, regardless of how active they may or may not be on the Bad Dragon Forums.

Just what was mentioned in this thread previously, we are here to be a welcoming community of people who love things Bad Dragon. For those of you who support one another in their artistic displays, thank you! Keep 'em coming!
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Amaranthe wrote:This was my thought, too. Even if they had used another platform, they would have still been entered into the voting and the results would have been the same. It doesn't really matter at all.

I agree, and on the voting I did see entries that were not even on here. One of my friends actually entered through Tumblr only because I told her about the contest. So yeah it shouldn't matter. The rules stated who it was open for, and the voters choose who they liked. It was fair.

This is no way to welcome someone to the community, nor to treat someone who has just won the contest. Poor attitudes for people being sore losers ruin it for everyone.
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 pm

karla-chan wrote:At the end of the day the contest was voted for, this is a very fair way to do it. So all 3 winners won fair and square. It is poor sportsmanship to imply otherwise. May the best art win. The voters decided what that was. Honestly I am happy for everyone who won.

Joining JUST to join a contest you got a clear advantage on is poor sportmanship, there a reason alot of giveaways and contests from sites dont allow new joiners for these kind of things.
I had no illusion i could win but i joined in cause it was a nice bd forum community thing atleast that what i thought.
You can all stop hating on me now i really don't care i just stated my fair opinion.
Click to see my toys
Worlds worst strait male
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:36 pm

karla-chan wrote:This is no way to welcome someone to the community, nor to treat someone who has just won the contest. Poor attitudes for people being sore losers ruin it for everyone.

They posted their entry then posted nothing at all in the forums untill they won...... they joined for the loot (whatver it is) and nothing else.
Click to see my toys
Worlds worst strait male
Syntex

Postby Syntex » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:40 pm

I joined cause I liked what I drew and I wanted to share it, this competition was voted on by bad dragon users, you had to log in to vote, so at the end of the day anyways, a forum residing person could've won simply because people knew and liked them better, how I got 3rd place was beyond me but I'm happy and surprised. Sorry you're so upset about me joining for the competition, but if you look back, a few others joined just for the competition too.
dopy

Postby dopy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Basvanderwerff wrote:
karla-chan wrote:This is no way to welcome someone to the community, nor to treat someone who has just won the contest. Poor attitudes for people being sore losers ruin it for everyone.

They posted their entry then posted nothing at all in the forums untill they won...... they joined for the loot (whatver it is) and nothing else.

Like other people have stated, she could have not joined the forum and just submitted her submission trough tumblr or facebook, and it still would've counted, why is it such a problem that she decided to join the forums to post her submission? Wether she has a "leg up" on the competition or not, her joining the forum makes absolutely no difference, and there are several other awesome submissions that got posted, so no, she didn't even have an advantage.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Syntex wrote:I joined cause I liked what I drew and I wanted to share it, this competition was voted on by bad dragon users, you had to log in to vote, so at the end of the day anyways, a forum residing person could've won simply because people knew and liked them better, how I got 3rd place was beyond me but I'm happy and surprised. Sorry you're so upset about me joining for the competition, but if you look back, a few others joined just for the competition too.

It doesn't matter what social platform you chose to register on since it was put to a community vote anyway. There were a ton of entries I thought were all on par with each other, yours included. At the end of the day, it really isn't "poor sportsmanship" because you are skilled and joined at a time this person didn't like. If you hadn't placed, they wouldn't still be upset. It's senseless and childish, but I hope it doesn't ruin it for you.
silvring

Postby silvring » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Grats to the winners! Everyone submitted such awesome entries, and it was great to see when everyone came up with.
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:49 pm

This contest was awesome. The fact that there is drama now is very upsetting. Bad Dragon is very kind to hold contests whether in forum or out. It would be a very sad thing if something meant to build comradarie was stopped because someone had a problem. We need to keep the peace and let our feelings go to rest. If we have bad feelings they should be taken else where.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Basvanderwerff wrote:

They could not have joined the forum at all and still could have won?? That is what people have been telling you, the contest was open to more than just forum users. If BD themselves didn't want people outside the forum to win they would have made it forum only, but they advertised and opened it to all BD fans. Not just ones on the forum. So what is your issue here? They didn't have to join at all!

There was also no limits on how long someone has been a member for. I have seen that done for forum contests before. However that was not the case. So as for as I am concerned they didn't break any rules, and who won was decided by people voting for them. So that is fair. They were judged on their art.

I am sorry, but you being bitter like this is honestly ruining the supportive atmosphere this contest was having previously. Can you imagine how you are making them feel? This should be a really happy moment for them. This should have been an exciting moment for other people so they could finally see who won.

Can you just stop this, and let people enjoy the contest! There was no need for this drama at all.

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”