DragonTech Art Contest - Winners Announced!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
User avatar
AzureParagon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:53 am
Gender: Male
Location: Real: Charlotte, NC / Fictional: Planet Armathia
Contact:

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby AzureParagon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:53 pm

I actually had fun with making something for a Bad Dragon contest each time, so there's an intrinsic satisfaction+my art to keep

Still I wonder, winners or not, what were the prizes? o.=.O; (Or are we not allowed to know? ;3c Perhaps it's a (sexy) secret! ;P)
ImageIf you had a dream and lost it, then replace it with another dream.
User avatar
wolfstardobe
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:49 pm
Gender: Female
Location: NM

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby wolfstardobe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:55 pm

AzureParagon wrote:I actually had fun with making something for a Bad Dragon contest each time, so there's an intrinsic prize being satisfaction.

Still I wonder, winners or not, what were the prizes? o.=.O; (Or are we allowed to not know? ;3c Perhaps it's a (sexy) secret! ;P)


I'm curious as well! Lol
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
User avatar
Audax
Posts: 2764
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 7:51 pm
Gender: Neutral... shark.

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Audax » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:02 pm

AzureParagon wrote:I actually had fun with making something for a Bad Dragon contest each time, so there's an intrinsic satisfaction+my art to keep

Still I wonder, winners or not, what were the prizes? o.=.O; (Or are we not allowed to know? ;3c Perhaps it's a (sexy) secret! ;P)

Whoops, I thought we'd posted this somewhere! First prize was $100 of store credit, second was $75, and third was $50. ^_^

I really loved seeing everything that people came up with! Everyone here had a great time seeing new entries come in each day. We have also enjoyed the sheer amount of art referencing bees.
User avatar
artguy66
Banhammered
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:14 pm
Gender: dude
Location: germany

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby artguy66 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Audax wrote:
AzureParagon wrote:I actually had fun with making something for a Bad Dragon contest each time, so there's an intrinsic satisfaction+my art to keep

Still I wonder, winners or not, what were the prizes? o.=.O; (Or are we not allowed to know? ;3c Perhaps it's a (sexy) secret! ;P)

Whoops, I thought we'd posted this somewhere! First prize was $100 of store credit, second was $75, and third was $50. ^_^

I really loved seeing everything that people came up with! Everyone here had a great time seeing new entries come in each day. We have also enjoyed the sheer amount of art referencing bees.


Nothing for the other entries? liek with the pumpkni contest cause someone else got credit for entering slighly to late? whould be rather odd if rest got nothing then.
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Audax wrote:
AzureParagon wrote:I actually had fun with making something for a Bad Dragon contest each time, so there's an intrinsic satisfaction+my art to keep

Still I wonder, winners or not, what were the prizes? o.=.O; (Or are we not allowed to know? ;3c Perhaps it's a (sexy) secret! ;P)

Whoops, I thought we'd posted this somewhere! First prize was $100 of store credit, second was $75, and third was $50. ^_^

I really loved seeing everything that people came up with! Everyone here had a great time seeing new entries come in each day. We have also enjoyed the sheer amount of art referencing bees.


Thank you so much for hosting such a great contest. I really enjoyed being part of it and challenging myself with art I am not used to doing. I had a great time and overall it has been a really positive experience for me. I loved seeing what people did to, and of course BEES!!

:misc2: :widesmile:
User avatar
Shadow hound
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:03 am
Gender: Female

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Shadow hound » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:24 pm

I really liked entering the contest too even if I know that I don't really usually win anything xD But I was challenging myself once again and I just like the feeling of being a part of a community and I always secretly wish that one day someone will like something I made the most.
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Audax
Posts: 2764
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 7:51 pm
Gender: Neutral... shark.

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Audax » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:51 pm

artguy66 wrote:Nothing for the other entries? liek with the pumpkni contest cause someone else got credit for entering slighly to late? whould be rather odd if rest got nothing then.

Audax wrote:Prizes will be awarded to the three best entries, so get drawing or using your local computotron!

As listed on the original contest page (as well as tucked behind the spoiler on this thread's first post), only winning entries receive prizes.
ImageImageSrs. Biznis icon by LucaRyu! Tiny Biznis and Shark Flavor by Chibity! OM NOM NOM ImageImage
User avatar
artguy66
Banhammered
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:14 pm
Gender: dude
Location: germany

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby artguy66 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Audax wrote:only winning entries receive prizes.

only the winning entries + those that entered slightly to late?
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:01 pm

artguy66 wrote:
Audax wrote:only winning entries receive prizes.

only the winning entries + those that entered slightly to late?

Nobody got credit for entering late. One person got credit because their entry didn't make it into the voting phase even though they tagged it correctly and entered on time, which was the mistake of the shop dragons.
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
artguy66 wrote:
Audax wrote:only winning entries receive prizes.

only the winning entries + those that entered slightly to late?

Nobody got credit for entering late. One person got credit because their entry didn't make it into the voting phase even though they tagged it correctly and entered on time, which was the mistake of the shop dragons.


Yes, that is what happened. Which to be honest because they couldn't be in with a chance to win I thought that was a very fair way to deal with it I think. Since it was a shame they couldn't be in with the voting.
User avatar
sapphire
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby sapphire » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Congrats to the winners! :misc11: :widesmile: :misc12:

Also I am in agreement that it is totally fair that they joined to post for the contest. It's a pretty shitty (and hurtful) attitude to assume such a thing is unfair. This is a place for adults so let's no act like children, yeah? :psyduck:
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:31 am
Gender: Male
Location: Netherlands

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Basvanderwerff » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:01 pm

sapphire wrote:Congrats to the winners! :misc11: :widesmile: :misc12:

Also I am in agreement that it is totally fair that they joined to post for the contest. It's a pretty shitty (and hurtful) attitude to assume such a thing is unfair. This is a place for adults so let's no act like children, yeah? :psyduck:

adults as in all jumping on one person that just stated their opinion?
anyway lets jsut leave it at that you all agree on not agreeing with me? and that one of those disagree'rs handled it very mature who ever it was.....
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
User avatar
sapphire
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby sapphire » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Basvanderwerff wrote:
sapphire wrote:Congrats to the winners! :misc11: :widesmile: :misc12:

Also I am in agreement that it is totally fair that they joined to post for the contest. It's a pretty shitty (and hurtful) attitude to assume such a thing is unfair. This is a place for adults so let's no act like children, yeah? :psyduck:

adults as in all jumping on one person that just stated their opinion?


You were very extremely rude to them :/ you really owe them an apology for your behavior
User avatar
Sioteru
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:53 pm
Gender: Male

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Sioteru » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Aaahh thank you for everyone who voted for me >u<

All the entries were so awesome! Loved seeing all the awesome artists on here ^-^
21y/o Deer boy
-Dick Inventory-
Crash - Small/Medium/Rogue (Blu/Purp)
Flint - Mini/Medium/Frankenpour (Blu/Wht)
Flint - Small/Medium/Truqoise

-Wants-
Sleipnir, Crackers, Nox
User avatar
NJ997
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:37 am
Gender: Male

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby NJ997 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Sioteru wrote:Aaahh thank you for everyone who voted for me >u<

All the entries were so awesome! Loved seeing all the awesome artists on here ^-^


You and all the others make it so hard to decide who to vote for ;A; I think with this contest, the pumpkin contest, and the costume contest, the winners were always in my personal top 5 to 7 favorites after I narrowed it down but there were some obscure ones I really liked too.
User avatar
Cas
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:22 am
Gender: Female

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Cas » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Congrats to the winners!

If I hadn't clicked on the thread I wouldn't have even noticed the winners were announced, the thread title hasn't been changed yet, or new thread started. Well anyway... Aside from prizes, I don't think there are really any losers, and I don't care if that sounds cheesy as all hell! :stick:
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:51 pm

sapphire wrote:
Basvanderwerff wrote:
sapphire wrote:Congrats to the winners! :misc11: :widesmile: :misc12:

Also I am in agreement that it is totally fair that they joined to post for the contest. It's a pretty shitty (and hurtful) attitude to assume such a thing is unfair. This is a place for adults so let's no act like children, yeah? :psyduck:

adults as in all jumping on one person that just stated their opinion?


You were very extremely rude to them :/ you really owe them an apology for your behavior


To be fair I think apologies should be made as well, since that person should not have received such a welcome to the forum. Plus that is not a good way to conduct yourself in a contest just because someone won. If you read what I said a few pages back about negative experiences in other contest; and how at that point I felt people on here were different you would understand why I feel your attitude is ruining that.

The reason why so many people commented is because basically you attacked someone for winning the contest. Someone who has just got a really negative first impression of the forum, and that's not okay. We are rightfully disagreeing with poor behaviour on your part. We have not been childish about this at all.

Especially you where mistaken to the terms of the contest and the rules for joining, and that person was well within the rules and did nothing wrong. Since it was open to people beyond the forum any way. The fact you are not showing you are sorry for your actions is disappointing, and thinking it was a difference in opinion.

Also I originally joined for a contest, that was the final pushing point to he a part of this community. How is that different? Because I didn't place?

So please reflect on your actions and listen to why people are upset.


Cas wrote:Congrats to the winners!

If I hadn't clicked on the thread I wouldn't have even noticed the winners were announced, the thread title hasn't been changed yet, or new thread started. Well anyway... Aside from prizes, I don't think there are really any losers, and I don't care if that sounds cheesy as all hell! :stick:


I really agree, there were no losers here. Since everyone should be proud of what they did for the contest because there where some truly stunning entries here and everyone went at it in some really creative ways!

Plus we are all, winners for getting to see the talent on this forum shine through. So it's not cheesy at all, since I'm so happy to be a part of it.
Last edited by karla-chan on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kinky_Condesce
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Kinky_Condesce » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:55 pm

MUH FEE-FEES MUH FEE-FEES!

Holy crap.
4Sale:Small/soft EE OrcaThread here!
User avatar
DaveThePangolin
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:35 pm
Gender: Male

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Winners Announced!

Postby DaveThePangolin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:14 am

Hey everyone.

Let's not start demanding anything of anyone. Things were said, people were warned. Let's move on with the appreciation of these fine artistic works!

For those of you who have focused on the constructive comments, thank you :)
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:31 am
Gender: Male
Location: Netherlands

Re: DragonTech Art Contest - Voting is now live!

Postby Basvanderwerff » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:03 am

karla-chan wrote: :words:

Just stick me on ignore that what it there for.

DaveThePangolin wrote: :words:

Maby an idea for next contest have to have an entries list up right from the start (but with voting disabled) 1 person missed entering cause their entry got missed.
Wich could have been prevented if all entries got put up on a that list short after they get posted so people can see if their entry registered? sure they got some store credit for that misshab but they had a very nice entry and made a good chance.
Also the prices were not annouced untill it was over (even thou several asked short after the contest got annouced)
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests