What’s your story? Tell us about Nocturne the Enderfang!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
Prydri

Re: What’s your story? Tell us about Nocturne the Enderfang!

Postby Prydri » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:06 pm

An unexplored vault? The temptation was too much for this botanist to bear. What flora was able to thrive in the wasteland always had interesting tales to tell, and if the rumors of mutagens were true, who knows what wonders could reside within. I made my way through the eerily glowing ruins, shaking with anticipation, a shaking that grew more severe as turning a corner, I ran into the vaults sole resident. Unfortunately the running into was quite literal, and I fell backward onto my rump... while he didn't budge in the slightest from the impact. Glancing upward at him, my lips parted in silent horror at his bloodstained claws that reflected the light from his piercing, glowing eyes.

“A rather pathetic excuse for a hunter aren't you? Of all those who have come for the honor of finishing what my creators started, you are by far the scrawniest.” His voice came in a low growl, tinged with amusement as I fumbled to straighten my glasses.

“M-me? I'm no killer... I'm a botanist... a scientist looking for new or mutated plant life.” My breath caught in my throat as he extended a claw out to rest under my chin, drawing me forward. His lips twisted into an amused grin at how terrified I was.

“Plants hmm? Well I am not so certain about any of those, but I know a... bio-luminescent fungi you can collect a sample from.”

“Really? Where?”

“Right here, just open your mouth.”
curiouspuppy

Postby curiouspuppy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:45 am

Go out and get supplies, they said. You'll be back in no time, they said.They failed to realize just who they were sending out. Me, probably the most clumsy resident of the vault. I'm nearly positive that all the encounters I've survived have just been through pure, dumb luck. Unfortunately, I think my luck is has finally ran out.

If I were paying attention, I would have seen the obvious signs of the sinkhole. Now, all I can see is a purple liquid leaking out of some barrels. I groan as I straighten myself out and dust myself off, almost positive I've probably damaged what little of brain I have left to damage. While I'm taking a second to pity myself and try to think of a way out of my predicament, I hear something nearby. Dread immediately fills me.

There were rumors of a Vault, 69 or something like that, that held a creature called Nocturne. I quickly took a second look around, my heart beating painfully fast, and realized that the barrels read "Mutagen."

"Oh, no..." I whispered.

"I think you mean 'Oh, yes,'" said a voice behind me.

I whipped around and there stood the famed Enderfang, in all his glory. My dread left me. He was beautiful. My gaze traveled the length of his body and I blushed when my eyes fell upon his nethers. There stood an enticing, proud member. Maybe my luck hasn't ran out after all...

244 Words. I could go on and on with this one, it was super fun to write! :widesmile:
Female / 24 / Married / Photographer / Baker
theunforgiven

Postby theunforgiven » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:52 am

I always knew that these earthquakes were not natural.
Scientists could predict these regular events.
My pugnacity led me to explore this famous area.
I chose a quiet night, I knew the supervisors rounds.
It took me several days to get to the heart of the disused factory. The swamp was not easy to cross !
I walked vigorously. I dodged the toxic barrels and despite my suit I did not know where I was getting into.
I was aware that reprehensible actions took place here, I heard a lot of stories about them.
I began to lose hope on the fifth day, the supplies were almost exhausted. I searched everywhere.

I pushed a cry of disappointment.

The cry replied.
A Warm feeling filled me.
I spotted a small door, not far from where the cry was out.
I progressed through a small hallway, I could see a glimmer far away.
The walls were covered with hazardous liquid. I opened innocently.
A monstrous roar greeted me. I saw his face, his body. I was not too scared.

" Delighted "

"Y Y You...You speak my language?" I stammered.

It was the first thing I said at the moment !

"I learned by observing your existence."

"What led you here ? "

"Area 69 is the only place safe for me. I no longer have my place on Urania" he said slowly.

I was not going to let him rot here.

"I came for you. We are linked. You deserve much more. I'm You."

First time ever I write something, I hope Im not that bad :doh:
nakoo

Postby nakoo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:31 am

H-hope I do this correctly... /)w(\

In the worlds end it was possible to view the beginning. The concussive thuds, multitudes of flashes and the following winter of bleak acceptance. The canvas had been swept clean. All left unturned but the grey horizon and alabaster plumes overhead. Pinpricked by the white lights that gave depth to this newly secular, abandoned world. The trickle of water. Amber veins that cut through gunmetal hills, feeding the great open swell where stars whirled and drowned.
The sea never changed.
It was the same flat expanse of shimmering light that greeted him as it did some 200 years post. Paws propped up in the sand as black ash coiled about him like ink spills. His breath and the chaff chased up by it the only movement for miles on either side. A lonely existence but for the precious handful of others who huddled along dust smitten roads as refugees or adventurers. How bleak this world was to those few.
Pitiless and cold.

He would have it so and no other way.

For they would be greatly welcoming of his presence, forgiving the angle of metallic claws and spiralled horns that from one glance threatened agony and a swift end by hook and fang. Instead the focus was of his warmth. The sweep of scaly, knobbly hide and the tantalising prod and brush of plated spikes.
He purrs lowly, a beast left abandoned roaming the dirt path, scribbled out by wanderers shoes, leading him to his, soon to be delighted, quarry.
Audax

Postby Audax » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:20 am

I just wanted to take a moment to say that I have absolutely been loving all the creative stuff you guys are coming up with! Each and every one of these is a beautiful piece, and it's so awesome to see so many different takes on this mighty beast! :misc2: :nomnom:
ImageImageSrs. Biznis icon by LucaRyu! Tiny Biznis and Shark Flavor by Chibity! OM NOM NOM ImageImage
silvring

Postby silvring » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:07 am

Grimmyr wrote:Please do write a story about scented candles and a trip to Ikea. >_> It's literally my favorite store ever. :misc2: :scheming:

For lol's, not for entry:

There’s nothing in the world sexier than a mutant on the hunt for scented candles armed only with a yellow plastic Ikea bag.

Said no one ever.

It was a bit of an unpleasant surprise when a week after ordering his death burrito, Nocturne, the truck stop epicurean himself, came back to wreck the place for who knows what reason. And for kicks he decided he needed a vintage microwave oven to complete his bunker hideout. It’s not so bad in there- the mutagen gives the place a homey glow, lending it a certain chic which could only be described as a horrific assault on interior decorating sensibilities. And all was relatively well until he ran out of scented candles. Yes, scented candles.

And so he dragged me by the cord to Ikea.

At least he treated me to Swedish meatballs (though he left the lingonberry sauce untouched. THAT MONSTER). However as we went to browse the candle selection we heard a deafening shrieks of anger behind us. A flailing, flustered rattleyote was dashing toward us. Quite rudely he shoved Nocturne out of the way to confront me.

“I thought we were in love! We made beautiful sandwiches together! How could you leave me for THIS?”

It’s times like this when I am most thankful for my popcorn timer.

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by silvring on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tobi

Postby tobi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:24 am

A bit longer than 250 but here it is...

Finding this laboratory vault had not been easy, but this had to be the place.
Tiptoeing inside the first thing I noticed was the clean air and the faint sound of a generator running, strange for a place abandoned hundreds of years ago. Venturing deeper inside I was greeted with a fresh pile of human remains, someone was definitely here...

Then I saw it: long horns, claws and glowing eyes and the worst of it: charging right at me.
To terrified to move I closed my eyes and waited for the end...
and nothing happened, except for the creature sniffing and to my surprise talking:
"You smell familiar..., like someone I knew..." then he noticed my clothing and snarled.
"How did you get that?" With that he pulled me through endless corridors and into an office room and ripped a cupboard-door open, inside was a similar outfit, similar in every detail, including the nametag, the creature seemed surprised and loosened its grip on me.
On a desk in the office I saw a photo, showing 3 persons, a family, my family...

"You are his son..... but it can't be he died years ago..."
"I was... kind of... frozen, but how do you know about his death?"
"When they sealed this place they did not care about a janitor doing his night shift, he kept the place running and taught me how to do so. He was the only friend I ever had, even before they sealed us in, he was the only one talking to me, caring for me, I even own him my life, but that's a story for later, I'll show you where I buried him..."
Dracon Ra

Postby Dracon Ra » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:52 am

tobi wrote:A bit longer than 250 but here it is...

Finding this laboratory vault had not been easy, but this had to be the place.
Tiptoeing inside the first thing I noticed was the clean air and the faint sound of a generator running, strange for a place abandoned hundreds of years ago. Venturing deeper inside I was greeted with a fresh pile of human remains, someone was definitely here...

Then I saw it: long horns, claws and glowing eyes and the worst of it: charging right at me.
To terrified to move I closed my eyes and waited for the end...
and nothing happened, except for the creature sniffing and to my surprise talking:
"You smell familiar..., like someone I knew..." then he noticed my clothing and snarled.
"How did you get that?" With that he pulled me through endless corridors and into an office room and ripped a cupboard-door open, inside was a similar outfit, similar in every detail, including the nametag, the creature seemed surprised and loosened its grip on me.
On a desk in the office I saw a photo, showing 3 persons, a family, my family...

"You are his son..... but it can't be he died years ago..."
"I was... kind of... frozen, but how do you know about his death?"
"When they sealed this place they did not care about a janitor doing his night shift, he kept the place running and taught me how to do so. He was the only friend I ever had, even before they sealed us in, he was the only one talking to me, caring for me, I even own him my life, but that's a story for later, I'll show you where I buried him..."

I love this! :misc2: :dukeretro:
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:10 pm

Writing is not my strong point, and already there are some amazing entries here. I have really enjoyed reading them. However I really wanted to give this a go. It was too good to pass up! Especially I didn't know I needed this toy in my life until this morning! It looks amazing!

So I hope this is okay, it is spot on 250 words according to the word count on Word:

I knew wandering through the Wastland during mating season could be pretty dangerous. The unnerving but somehow exciting howls and hisses of the Rattleyote filled the night air.

“Vault 69? I wonder what’s in here!? It looks like some sort of research facility.” I mumbled to myself as I pulled open the heavy door.

The purple liquid looked far from natural; but I was getting desperate, my supplies were low. I was unsure how long I could survive in the blistering heat of the sun. I wasn’t in the vault long before I suspected I wasn’t alone.

There he stood.

I could no longer dismiss this myth; he was no longer just a story. It was Enderfang! I saw his horns. His claws! His sharping piercing glowing eyes stared right at me! I felt a deep sense of fear into my very core. I gasped in horror! I had heard of the horrifying legend, and I thought I was well and truly boned.

He leans in and grins at me. I start to tremble… Not knowing what to expect. I stumble backwards, and fall over. As I hit the floor I catch the radio on my PIP Boy.

“I love this tune, it really gets me in the mood,” he smiles at me, his eyes looking softer.

The tension disappeared from the air, as I look up to see his huge handsome, bubbly, rippling, erect penis staring at my face. I smile at him, and blush.
“Me too,” I reply.
Last edited by karla-chan on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grimmyr

Postby Grimmyr » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:19 pm

SILVRING THAT IS THE BEST. Oh my lord it brought a tear to my eye. :widesmile:
Crazzy

Postby Crazzy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Well I dont know how well my writing while compare to others but I couldn't pass this up so I hope you like it. :stick:

--------
It's been three months since I left the bunker thoughts of home always on my mind as I make my way through this wasteland to find some rare chemicals. I have to admit I am liking this new life even though the sandwiches stink to high heaven.

But after all this time I finally found a laboratory that might have the supplies I was sent to get this is fun and all but I don't want to die out here.

The lab was so old and dark but relatively unscathed “Wonder why no one has raided this place yet” I said out loud

“That would be me”

I turn around to see a sight that made my knees quake. A huge reptilian beast with sharp claws and horns atop its head.

“W-W-WWho are you?!?!”

“Nocturne who the hell are you?”

“ Jake..please don't eat me”

“Well since you said please I won't but what are you doing here”

I explained my whole story to him and in turn he told me his, one of loneliness, looking less scary as he went on . He said to take whatever I needed to which I responded with “even you?”

And with that he revealed his proud member the sight alone made me hot with lust. I slowly walked over to him caressing his surprisingly soft skin and stroking his manhood. He responds by using those once scary claws and gently undresses me as we embrace into a kiss. I might never return home.
Come on think of something witty think of something witty...........SOMETHING WITTY
Acratopotes

Postby Acratopotes » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:27 pm

250 words is quite a limiter, but here goes!

This was obvious to me as turned and shot the last shell in my worn old combat shotgun. The drake-like man-thing ducked to the ground with extraordinary speed and grace, the spray of pellets missing it entirely as it pounced. It closed the precious few hard earned meters I had put between us before I could blink.

I thrust the butt of my shotgun toward its face, only to have the weapon backhanded out of my grasp by a heavy steel claw. Its other hand pressed down on my chest, thrusting me to the ground and a growling, gutteral voice spoke

“You are outmatched wastelander. My treasures are not for you.”

I blinked. “You speak?” I asked. I might have a chance of leaving with my head after all.

The deep voice chuckled, and I couldn't help but enjoy the power behind the sound. Looking closer, now that I was not fleeing for my life I found a certain rugged, alien charm to the creature. “Tell me, having failed in your attempted theft. Will you serve me, or be disposed of.”

“Oh definitely serve!” I answered easily. “I'm not a fan of disposal at all.” I wondered what form of service such a creature would require. He didn't wear clothing and his claw was well maintained.

I got my answer as I felt a wetness on my leg.

He was wrong about one thing. At least one of his treasures WAS for me.
Image Image ImageImage
DragonDestroyer

Postby DragonDestroyer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 pm

We were a hundred miles out of New Vegas when the radiator blew. Thick white radioactive steam poured from the hood of our old red wagon, forcing me to pull over.

"We can't stop here, this is Enderfang territory!" cried Twitch.

I popped the hood and we ran up to take a look.

"No good," Twitch said, "She needs water."

"Great," I replied, chugging down my last sip of Duka-Cola.

"Where are we going to find water in this desert!?"

Roland pulled up the Vic-Lad attached to his arm, then said "There's a cave system a few miles away. Might be some in there."

We set off and hiked in silence.

"This must be it" I proclaimed, pushing away the old faded sign.

We made our way into the dank cave cautiously, led by Twitch's flashlight. He turned a corner and ran smack into something big. His light flailed about as he fell on his tail. It finally settled on the hulking reptile ahead of us.

Twitch drew his laser but the beast swiped its metal hand and shattered the blaster. It slowly stepped towards us and we could see something massive swinging between his legs.

"How rude! I think you owe me an apology!" the beast snarled.

"Roland, help!" I cried.

I looked back and saw a mischievous smirk on Roland's face, and a sizable bulge in his shorts.

"Oh... I intend to" he hissed.

"Guys, meet my friend Nocturne, King of the Enderfangs."

And meet him we did!
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:02 am

These are so awesome! I'm really enjoying how different they are even though we have to stick to certain parameters!
Vallus

Postby Vallus » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:23 am

I regret nothing. :stick:

:misc10: :misc10: :misc10: :misc10: :misc10: :misc10: :misc10:
Weeks had past since the group of raiders led by the man later known best as "Shard Dick Samuel" decimated the residents of the isolated town-site, especially those working at the now abandoned Sugar Sarsaparilla bottling plant. The company’s “clever” design choice, shaping the bottleneck’s end to the appearance of some of the various vulvas of the Waste had brought them much popularity, albeit scandalously. They never predicted the vengeance of a chem abusing psychopath, who cared little for the obvious disclaimers, and, well... common sense.

Sugar Sarsaparilla had more than one marketing gimmick up their sleeve however, and it was for that reason I found myself taking advantage of the factory’s emptiness. The Sugar-Sarsaparilla-Star Bottle Cap, rumored that if enough were collected, one could access a secret vault containing unimaginable treasure.

So absorbed was I in this goal, that I failed to hear the footsteps as I popped off the fifth bottlecap...
“Mmglrphh!” I exclaimed, as the crystalline rattleyote snatch emptied its fizzy contents down my throat.
I stared at the massive claws holding the bottle, then up at the menacing creature.

“Its an awful waste to open a bottle and ignore its contents, even for a collector like yourself” said he, eyeing my opened satchel of star bottle caps.

“ I...uhh…” I stammered.

“Calm down” he sighed, “I’ve no interest in those… I’m simply here for the drink itself...perhaps someone to enjoy it with as well...”

Hesitant, yet, strangely intrigued, I cracked open another bottle.
:misc10: :misc10: :misc10: :misc10: :misc10: :misc10: :misc10:
Image Check out my weekly toy design thread The Vallus Creation Compilation.
This week's creation - The Two in One Cock-Tail Special
Evalion
Australia Noop Booper

Postby Evalion » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:18 pm

silvring wrote:
Grimmyr wrote:Please do write a story about scented candles and a trip to Ikea. >_> It's literally my favorite store ever. :misc2: :scheming:

For lol's, not for entry:

There’s nothing in the world sexier than a mutant on the hunt for scented candles armed only with a yellow plastic Ikea bag.

Said no one ever.

It was a bit of an unpleasant surprise when a week after ordering his death burrito, Nocturne, the truck stop epicurean himself, came back to wreck the place for who knows what reason. And for kicks he decided he needed a vintage microwave oven to complete his bunker hideout. It’s not so bad in there- the mutagen gives the place a homey glow, lending it a certain chic which could only be described as a horrific assault on interior decorating sensibilities. And all was relatively well until he ran out of scented candles. Yes, scented candles.

And so he dragged me by the cord to Ikea.

At least he treated me to Swedish meatballs (though he left the lingonberry sauce untouched. THAT MONSTER). However as we went to browse the candle selection we heard a deafening shrieks of anger behind us. A flailing, flustered rattleyote was dashing toward us. Quite rudely he shoved Nocturne out of the way to confront me.

“I thought we were in love! We made beautiful sandwiches together! How could you leave me for THIS?”

It’s times like this when I am most thankful for my popcorn timer.

► Show Spoiler

This is just too good :smile:

Bad Dragon Art Director
Designer and Modeler of: Sugarstar, Twitch, Alice, Sophia, Lana, Mary, Bumblehooves, Roland, Echo, Pearce, Ika, Blaze, Firehydrant
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Oh that picture is awesome!! It really made me giggle! :misc2: :smile:

You somehow managed to make deathclaws look adorable!
Grimmyr

Postby Grimmyr » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Oh that is just precious. ;;

He looks more adorable than frightening! I wanna draw him with my smol corgi gal now on a little date to Ikea to buy up all the candles and some nice decor for his vault!
OverlyExcitable

Postby OverlyExcitable » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:48 pm

Evalion wrote:Figure 1: Nocturne and a scented candle

This is my partner's EXACT EXPRESSION every time we go near a Yankee Candle store.
In this, you have captured the true essence of candle addiction, right down to the puppy eyes that you know will bore into your very soul as you pin their arms down and shuffle them out of the shop.. o_o'
-- SCIENCE! --
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Grimmyr wrote:Oh that is just precious. ;;

He looks more adorable than frightening! I wanna draw him with my smol corgi gal now on a little date to Ikea to buy up all the candles and some nice decor for his vault!

Doo it!!! Please!! :widesmile:

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”