The Newbie help thread

New to the forum? Need a welcome pounce? Introduce yourself, get to know others, and familiarize yourself with Bad Dragon and the Forums here!
Snærhjarta

The Newbie help thread

Postby Snærhjarta » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:52 am

For new forum members who need some help navigating through the forums, or anyone who wants to know where all the cool threads are.

Introducing yourself!

Well, as you probably know, this board is where you introduce yourself. Please be nice to new members and don't forget to say hi. Most new members post an introduction because it's their first step into the magical world of Bad Dragon. It's also the easiest way to let other members know you're new here.
Make sure you make your own topic to introduce yourself. If you post it in a reply to this topic, it may be overlooked by the other members.

Getting started!

Talking about BD and their toys.
Of course you want to tell everyone how much you like that David/Chance/Bruiser you've seen. The right board to do this is the General Discussion board. This is the board for general topics about Bad Dragon and their toys. There is a thread for toys you're craving right now and the Bad Dragon Banter for everything that has to do with Bad Dragon and it's toys, if that's what you'd like to talk about.
If you want to buy a BD toy but can't afford a new toy, you should check out this subforum: Secondhand Toys! Buy/Sell/Trade Here.

Showing us your toy designs.
Maybe BD has inspired you to draw something amazing. Something like a Master dick that's has been forged in the fires of mount doom. If you want to hear our opinion about your toy design, the Ideas and suggestions board is what you're searching for. Don't forget to give your opinion on the toys other forum members have designed. BD might actually make them.

Need help with (choosing) toys.
Now that you have seen BD's toys, you probably want one, or have already ordered one. A common question is "what toy should I choose?" In Help, Questions and Howto's you can find lots of helpful threads. Make sure to check out the Bad Dragon Beginner's Guide for helpful information for those new to the company!
Some of the other helpful threads are the Vaginal sex help thread or the Anal sex help thread and if you're into stretching you might want to read the Help with stretching for larger toys thread.
To know what lube you can safely use, go to the NEW lube compatibility list.

Still need help with choosing toys!!!
Maybe you have asked us in the Help, Questions and Howto's board, but you still don't know what toy to choose.
That's when you have to start reading reviews. You have seen the toys, know what looks good to you so now you need to know what they feel like. The Sharing Experiences board helps you to find reviews.

Becoming a part of the community!

As you can see, there are a lot of different offtopic boards. Read the boards' titles and you know what they are for.
I know reading that doesn't make you part of the comunity, that's why I'm going to help you.

In the General offtopic you can find the Slowchat and What's on your mind thread. If you really want to become part of our community, you should start posting there. Reply to other people's posts, post what's on your mind, post funny pictures and great music videos, chat with other people in the slowchat and make friends.
Don't forget that the more attention you give to the other members, the more attention you get in return. We really like to see our new members posting in this part of the forums!

If you came here to meet someone, you could try the NEW Personal Ad Thread. If you want to get to know people in a more personal way, you can try using the Community building through PMs thread. Or, if you'd prefer talking through IM's, you can make a post in the Instant Messengers thread.

If you want to share or watch naughty pictures and videos or talk about anything sexual, you can find enough in the Adult Offtopic board.
Last edited by Snærhjarta on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
IsisKitsune

Re: The Newbie help thread

Postby IsisKitsune » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 am

About time someone did something like this! *shameless bump in hopes of getting stickied*
Advertise here, only contact on Feb 30th of any year
Solid gold ThingAMaGig for sale $1,000,000
May the all powerful Flying Spaghetti Monster smile upon you
What's a sig for again?
Checklist
Buying, selling and trading toys
Waiting On:
Nothing
Snærhjarta

Postby Snærhjarta » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks :) If there are any other threads that should be added, please tell me.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
| Female|| Gender fluid || 24 || Poly || ❤ || Boobs || PM me || Pan || Horny Vampire |
| Vegeta || Loki || Logan || Reaver || Seto Kaiba |
Want to help me get a toy from my wishlist? Send a PM!

FUCK YOU WEATHER I NEED A SLUSHIE!
I survived the forum outage of 2013!
Snærhjarta

Postby Snærhjarta » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:14 am

I have added some new links, but I don't want to make it too long.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
| Female|| Gender fluid || 24 || Poly || ❤ || Boobs || PM me || Pan || Horny Vampire |

IsisKitsune

Postby IsisKitsune » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 am

I'd suggest a reference to the "IM list" thread. But since you have the PM thread it might be a too much?
What's a sig for again?
Checklist
Waiting On:
Nothing
Snærhjarta

Postby Snærhjarta » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:17 am

Good idea, I've added that thread too :)

Saultion

Postby Saultion » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:20 am

Ask an you shall receive :D tis been stickied
The TRUE Bad Dragon Addict
and
Flop King

My Bad Dragon Toys
IsisKitsune

Postby IsisKitsune » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 am

Saultion wrote:Ask an you shall receive :D tis been stickied

WOoot! THanks Saul!
What's a sig for again?
Checklist
Waiting On:
Nothing
Saultion

Postby Saultion » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:01 am

No problem I thought it was a good idea after reading it.
The TRUE Bad Dragon Addict
and
Flop King

My Bad Dragon Toys
Snærhjarta

Postby Snærhjarta » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Saultion wrote:Ask an you shall receive :D tis been stickied

Thanks! :D

Dark_Kitten

Postby Dark_Kitten » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:26 am

This is a great thread especially since some new members of the thread are also new to this lifestyle. Thus they might be a bit nervous to say much at first. I havn't been on here very long but I've noticed a few newbies who are kind of shy.

I hope this helps people to open up. ^_^ Good Job.
** I accept random PM's from bored people. I am collard though so play nice. ;)**
You can't trust someone who thinks you're crazy. -Gothika

WISH LIST:
I really want a Bruiser the Fusion toy Large, medium firmness + Custom color = ($160 +S/H) Donations welcome ^_^
per haps!

Postby per haps! » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:07 am

~Kira~ wrote:Thanks :) If there are any other threads that should be added, please tell me.

The Bad Dragon Banter thread was my favorite when I first joined---you can talk about which toy you want, and what colors you're considering (and ask for help with how to order custom colors) without having to start a new thread.
Toys with a medium (8) Flared Chance with cumtube, a small (8) Cockatrice, an 8 Dragon's Tongue with metallic gold highlight, a medium (3) Xar, a small (5) Razor, an XL (8) Winston's Tail, a large (5) Legacy Drippy Dragon and a Chico.
Things for trade or sale

I can be slow about reading PMs---don't take it personally :)
Avatar courtesy of MadKeith, and it gets better.
Snærhjarta

Postby Snærhjarta » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:43 am

I would like to hear some new members here! Tell us what you need and what your favourite threads are that should be in the first post!

Furypull12

Hi :)

Postby Furypull12 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Hey everyone I'm new here and I hope to get to know a lot of great people.
Furypull12

Hi :)

Postby Furypull12 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey everyone I'm new here and I hope to get to know a lot of great people.
Kimmo

Re: Hi :)

Postby Kimmo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Furypull12 wrote:Hey everyone I'm new here and I hope to get to know a lot of great people.

You should try making an own thread :) more people check for new threads than check this thread I think ^^

also, if you haven't, check this out :3
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13776&start=128400
One happy tear for a good friend.
MadMoxxiKitten

Postby MadMoxxiKitten » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:30 pm

thanks really found this topic very helpful :-)
I love my mate and my friends ;-)
Whiskey buckshank

Postby Whiskey buckshank » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 pm

Why hello there people of bd I'm jay I guess you could call me a cultured woodsman do inpart because I loive in the woods literally........so I'm eager to meet people preferably girls I'm straight so yeah but i ll chat with anyone so PM me and such :)
18/M/straight.
- A whisper way....from changing everything-
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:05 am

Whiskey buckshank wrote:Why hello there people of bd I'm jay I guess you could call me a cultured woodsman do inpart because I loive in the woods literally........so I'm eager to meet people preferably girls I'm straight so yeah but i ll chat with anyone so PM me and such :)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17351&start=60
Here you go ^^

Welcome!
One happy tear for a good friend.
dupagedoug

Postby dupagedoug » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 am

Newbie has gotten alot of suggestions and recommendations from really neat folks and been studying alot almost like for a 'test/exam' as I want to be certain certain that my first purchase for one and possible two toys from BD are going to be what I want to play with..as yes..prices are very upscale..have a limited budget as I;m a social security retiree. Now I've been watching the "Toypics link" which is really helpful as folks are seen working their toys: and visual perception helps seeing medium and large sizes rather than just a pic.."my eyes are looking for a medium.....then I look again..and a see a large and say..gees maybe I could do a large; then I have to decide do I want a toy with knots or a straight long shaft like I saw with "Chance"..Wow...He's Something!! Gees Wonder If BD would give a senior discount if I bought 2 toys! Just wanted to keep you folks up to date. :smile:

Return to “New User Central”