The Newbie help thread

New to the forum? Need a welcome pounce? Introduce yourself, get to know others, and familiarize yourself with Bad Dragon and the Forums here!
Storchzaku

Re: The Newbie help thread

Postby Storchzaku » Sat May 14, 2016 9:05 pm

Really quick question - I live in a remote part of Australia and there is no postal service. I have a post office box but BD's shipping information requires a brick-and-mortar address. My post office says this is a common issue and I should instruct online sellers to write both my PO Box number and residential address in order to ensure I receive purchases. How / where can I request Bad Dragon staff to do this?
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Sat May 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Storchzaku wrote:Really quick question - I live in a remote part of Australia and there is no postal service. I have a post office box but BD's shipping information requires a brick-and-mortar address. My post office says this is a common issue and I should instruct online sellers to write both my PO Box number and residential address in order to ensure I receive purchases. How / where can I request Bad Dragon staff to do this?

My fiance was just lecturing me on how customs refuses parcels being sent internationally to a PO box.

I believe what you have to do is put your street and then PO box below it. Something like

Name Here
123 help street
PO Box 999
Brisbane QLD 1111 AUS

I'd double check with your local post office and within your community, but I /think/ this is how you'll have to have it addressed.
AGAIN
please check with your post office to be absolutely certain so you don't lose it in the mail.
I know there's a few Aussies here so maybe they can help where I'm not certain.

Edit: mixed up the postal code and country.
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
Storchzaku

Postby Storchzaku » Sat May 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Screamy wrote:
Storchzaku wrote:Really quick question - I live in a remote part of Australia and there is no postal service. I have a post office box but BD's shipping information requires a brick-and-mortar address. My post office says this is a common issue and I should instruct online sellers to write both my PO Box number and residential address in order to ensure I receive purchases. How / where can I request Bad Dragon staff to do this?

My fiance was just lecturing me on how customs refuses parcels being sent internationally to a PO box.

I believe what you have to do is put your street and then PO box below it. Something like

Name Here
123 help street
PO Box 999
Brisbane QLD 1111 AUS

I'd double check with your local post office and within your community, but I /think/ this is how you'll have to have it addressed.
AGAIN
please check with your post office to be absolutely certain so you don't lose it in the mail.
I know there's a few Aussies here so maybe they can help where I'm not certain.

Edit: mixed up the postal code and country.

Thanks Screamy. I've received all items I've ordered internationally through eBay while providing just my PO Box so I think it should be fine. I'll see if I can make a BD order...
V 0 1 D

Postby V 0 1 D » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:12 pm

I think it's a better idea to make this post sooner rather than later because I'm not sure of the specific admin to tell and none seem to be currently online.

I am V 0 1 D from FurAffinity, and I signed up to sell a couple of toys on the forum (planning on using the money to buy an L Roland actually):
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=45531

The first person that contacted me talked with me for a few days, then changed their mind and decided they didn't want to pay upfront with PayPal and then get a signed for delivery, which after doing my research is the best way to ensure protection for the buyer and seller; PayPal protects the buyer, the tracking protects the seller.

I refused because posting anything first without a middleman such as PayPal offers me no protection, and that should have been that.

However, he's now calling me a spammer and claiming he's reporting me for trying to scam people. As I can't know what moderator or admin he's choosing to report this to, I'm going to make this post and ask who I should contact about such things, because I'd rather not get misrepresented or banned for this.

Should I be talking to a mod about this?
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:43 pm

V 0 1 D wrote:I think it's a better idea to make this post sooner rather than later because I'm not sure of the specific admin to tell and none seem to be currently online.

I am V 0 1 D from FurAffinity, and I signed up to sell a couple of toys on the forum (planning on using the money to buy an L Roland actually):

The first person that contacted me talked with me for a few days, then changed their mind and decided they didn't want to pay upfront with PayPal and then get a signed for delivery, which after doing my research is the best way to ensure protection for the buyer and seller; PayPal protects the buyer, the tracking protects the seller.

I refused because posting anything first without a middleman such as PayPal offers me no protection, and that should have been that.

However, he's now calling me a spammer and claiming he's reporting me for trying to scam people. As I can't know what moderator or admin he's choosing to report this to, I'm going to make this post and ask who I should contact about such things, because I'd rather not get misrepresented or banned for this.

In this case *you're* the safe one. The Bad Dragon staff makes it clear in the secondhand TOS that they will not interfere in any way with secondhand. As such, buyer and seller are self responsible to determine their comfort zones, because there is no protection from BD. This is (one reason) why PayPal is the primary choice for secondhand, since it allows protection. Your wish to use a signed delivery isn't unreasonable. If you hadn't included in your post that your intention was to do so before you'd been contacted, that is a small fault on your side, but I would figure that before any final decisions were made, you made that point clear. The only situation where you'd really be at fault is having sent it out with signed delivery, while the other user expected otherwise. Most of us forumgoers make the entire transaction process *abundantly* clear before finalizing a sale or trade.

I for instance like to offer buyers the option of an invoice instead of just sending a payment, so they have a little more digital paperwork proving they've paid for a product. Knowing I have no intention of scamming a buyer, I'm comfortable putting up as much defense to help them as they wish. If you act similarly, you should never have a concern on the secondhand as a seller.
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
NotMeNotYou

Postby NotMeNotYou » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:36 am

V 0 1 D wrote:I think it's a better idea to make this post sooner rather than later because I'm not sure of the specific admin to tell and none seem to be currently online.

If you had any correspondence with him on the forum itself then simply report the harassing PM he has send you. That way we can investigate the conversation and take appropriate action.

To report something simply click the Exclamation Mark in the upper right corner of the message.
"Does this look like the face of mercy?" ~Image
Tiny icon by the most awesome Chibity.
SlytherPuff

Postby SlytherPuff » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 am

:misc8: ?

I have a lube question.

I know we are to use water-based lubricants with BD toys. I have one that is described on the front of the bottle as a "gel lubricant." It does say water based, but is it as simple as that? Are there sneaky ingredients to look out for?

I just dropped a couple hundred dollars on new toys and I want to make certain it won't harm my new preciouses.

Thank you for any feedback!

(Tried to submit a picture of the ingredients but the file size limit made it blurry)
Ingredients listed:
Water, glycerin, xantham gum, hydroxyethylcellulose, methylparaben, ethylparaben, potassium sorbate, disodium etda, sodium saccharine
MWolfie_97

Postby MWolfie_97 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:04 pm

SlytherPuff wrote: :misc8: ?

I have a lube question.

:words:

(I know I'm pretty late to the game, sorry!) :psyduck:

Hi, I'm kinda new myself, but for the record, my Austin literally came with his own bottle (because of his cumtube). It shouldn't hurt it. So far, there's no real problem that I have come across with it, though I haven't had to use that much. (trying to conserve it.) And I try my best to keep it clean.

I think the gel stuff is just to give it well, that consistency. Wouldn't want it to just be straight water after all, and I think one of the other ingredients is just a pH adjustment. You should be good to go, as long as it doesn't say that it is silicone.

As a side note, It is very mild, take it from someone who grew up allergic to almost everything as far as stuff to go on your skin (sticking to certain soaps, and avoiding most lotions, etc), there has been no problem! :smile:

My first post, btw... Hope it helps! :widesmile:
:misc11: "So sorry you're not here, I've been sane too long, my vision's so unclear." -A7X. :misc12:
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:25 am

MWolfie_97 wrote:
SlytherPuff wrote: :misc8: ?

I have a lube question.

:words:

(I know I'm pretty late to the game, sorry!) :psyduck:

Hi, I'm kinda new myself, but for the record, my Austin literally came with his own bottle (because of his cumtube). It shouldn't hurt it. So far, there's no real problem that I have come across with it, though I haven't had to use that much. (trying to conserve it.) And I try my best to keep it clean.

I think the gel stuff is just to give it well, that consistency. Wouldn't want it to just be straight water after all, and I think one of the other ingredients is just a pH adjustment. You should be good to go, as long as it doesn't say that it is silicone.

As a side note, It is very mild, take it from someone who grew up allergic to almost everything as far as stuff to go on your skin (sticking to certain soaps, and avoiding most lotions, etc), there has been no problem! :smile:

My first post, btw... Hope it helps! :widesmile:

Greetings MWolfie.

From what I can tell, you're correct. even if the water-based lube has gelling compounds in it, as long as it isn't silicone, you should be safe. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can dab a small amount of it on the base, wait a few minutes, and see what happens. Even better, if you bought the sample pack of firmness disks, you can use one of those.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
MWolfie_97

Postby MWolfie_97 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:35 am

ChaosRed wrote:
Greetings MWolfie.

From what I can tell, you're correct. even if the water-based lube has gelling compounds in it, as long as it isn't silicone, you should be safe. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can dab a small amount of it on the base, wait a few minutes, and see what happens. Even better, if you bought the sample pack of firmness disks, you can use one of those.

Huh, I forgot about the sampler sets!... I regret not buying any, but not for a bad reason. It's just, there is this really pretty Ridley on the Adoptions page, but it is "soft" and I am wondering how soft that is compared to "medium."
:misc11: "So sorry you're not here, I've been sane too long, my vision's so unclear." -A7X. :misc12:
GinaE

Postby GinaE » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi-Hi
Name: Gina
Sexual Orientation: B-curious

I live with my boyfriend and between us we have: Bumble Hooves (Small and apple red), the Wereable, Mary the Anthro Mare (Rare white) and the Chance sheath. We'll probably get more in the future cause I know my bf wants the Deer Butt and I wanna try a medium sized Chance.
I'm also an artist, I drew my profile pic (it's my fursona, she's a Shetland Sheep Dog) and I've already posted a few things in the Artwork Off Topic thread, I wanna post more cause I draw a lot of NSFW stuff but I'm a little nervous about it. I draw humans, furries, ponies and monsters, I mostly draw original stuff but I do fan art too

Ummm...yeah, I just made a profile here cause I wanted to see what the community is like and so far I like it here.
Maybe soon I'll make a thread in artwork off topic showing my NSFW art off.

Soooo, yeah.
Thank you!
telehypnotic

Postby telehypnotic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:56 am

Hey all, I'm new

I just got myself sugar star, however I couldn't seem to squeeze into her. long story short, sugar now has a large tear down her front on day one :(
any suggestions on how to fix her?
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:29 am

GinaE wrote:Hi-Hi

I live with my boyfriend and between us we have: Bumble Hooves (Small and apple red), the Wereable, Mary the Anthro Mare (Rare white) and the Chance sheath. We'll probably get more in the future cause I know my bf wants the Deer Butt and I wanna try a medium sized Chance.
I'm also an artist, I drew my profile pic (it's my fursona, she's a Shetland Sheep Dog) and I've already posted a few things in the Artwork Off Topic thread, I wanna post more cause I draw a lot of NSFW stuff but I'm a little nervous about it. I draw humans, furries, ponies and monsters, I mostly draw original stuff but I do fan art too

Ummm...yeah, I just made a profile here cause I wanted to see what the community is like and so far I like it here.

Soooo, yeah.
Thank you!

Hey and Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. :smile:

Also, nice list of toys.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
GinaE

Postby GinaE » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:22 am

ChaosRed wrote:
GinaE wrote:Hi-Hi

Soooo, yeah.
Thank you!

Hey and Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. :smile:

Also, nice list of toys.

Thank you! I might make the new thread today or tomorrow but I'll call it "G.P.E's SFW/NSFW art".
And thanks, we like our toys. :nerdy:
Abalin

Postby Abalin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:28 pm

Hello all I'm just here to ask a quick question. How long does order processing takes? Thank you for ever answer my question.
Aladorus

Postby Aladorus » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:42 pm

Extremely helpful! I wish I'd seen this earlier.
*bump*
DelilahdaDirtyDork
Gender: Maybe a male pretending to be a girl on the net cus ashamed of his pervy interests.

Postby DelilahdaDirtyDork » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:03 am

Not a newbie anymore but still got a noob question, I want to post some of my dirty stories and other written works, I tried to just copy and paste buuuuuttt.... there is a limit to what I can post and some of my stories are lengthy because they are chapters like 60+ pages of a chapter. And even my shorter one shots can sometimes exceeds the limits. How could I got about posting stuff but not have to post 3 times+ just to finish one chapter at a time?

To give you some kind of idea, I did have to break up a 24 page chapter into 3 posts, and If I want to go my longer stuff...that's gonna be hassle. I'd like to reduce the amount of "tl/dr" spam as much as I can.
^.^ v . v <.< >.> >.< <.> ^. v v .^ I'm a chameleon!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:08 am

DelilahdaDirtyDork wrote:Not a newbie anymore but still got a noob question, I want to post some of my dirty stories and other written works, I tried to just copy and paste buuuuuttt.... there is a limit to what I can post and some of my stories are lengthy because they are chapters like 60+ pages of a chapter. And even my shorter one shots can sometimes exceeds the limits. How could I got about posting stuff but not have to post 3 times+ just to finish one chapter at a time?

To give you some kind of idea, I did have to break up a 24 page chapter into 3 posts, and If I want to go my longer stuff...that's gonna be hassle. I'd like to reduce the amount of "tl/dr" spam as much as I can.

The only suggestion I can give because you can't skirt around the parameters set by the forums is to make your own website and then upload your work to it, giving folks a link through a forum post or your signature. I was going to suggest fanfiction.net or Archive of Our Own, but they are really for fan works only, plus AO3 requires you to be on an invite list before you can join. If none of those will work, you may simply have to break chapters up into numerous, separate posts.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:25 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
DelilahdaDirtyDork wrote:Not a newbie anymore but still got a noob question, I want to post some of my dirty stories and other written works, I tried to just copy and paste buuuuuttt.... there is a limit to what I can post and some of my stories are lengthy because they are chapters like 60+ pages of a chapter. And even my shorter one shots can sometimes exceeds the limits. How could I got about posting stuff but not have to post 3 times+ just to finish one chapter at a time?

The only suggestion I can give because you can't skirt around the parameters set by the forums is to make your own website and then upload your work to it, giving folks a link through a forum post or your signature. I was going to suggest fanfiction.net or Archive of Our Own, but they are really for fan works only, plus AO3 requires you to be on an invite list before you can join. If none of those will work, you may simply have to break chapters up into numerous, separate posts.

I was going to suggest something along these lines. Wordpress or literotica might be what you're looking for. Post the story there and link it here.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
DelilahdaDirtyDork
Gender: Maybe a male pretending to be a girl on the net cus ashamed of his pervy interests.

Postby DelilahdaDirtyDork » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Kisa wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:

I was going to suggest something along these lines. Wordpress or literotica might be what you're looking for. Post the story there and link it here.

Wordpress seems like viable option but I am also considering dropbox. What do you think? I personally wouldn't mind if people wanted to copy and download it. For solar girl...there IS a copy of chapter 1 on the net but it's posted by my quote "normal self" and I'm rather shy & I'm trying to keep my dirty dork life separate from the rest . >///<
^.^ v . v <.< >.> >.< <.> ^. v v .^ I'm a chameleon!

Return to “New User Central”