Why does it take so long to get product?

New to the forum? Need a welcome pounce? Introduce yourself, get to know others, and familiarize yourself with Bad Dragon and the Forums here!
Florida Daddy

Why does it take so long to get product?

Postby Florida Daddy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:29 pm

I'm disappointed.

I've ordered product and for the past 3 weeks plus all I get as a response is..... we'll get to you when we get to you? What part of customer service does this company misunderstand?

Surely I can't be the only one.....
Amaranthe

Re: Why does it take so long to get product?

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:36 pm

Are you referring to custom order wait times? Do you realize that they are hand-poured, so it can take more than a month sometimes to get orders? Since they are all handmade and they receive thousands of orders, naturally it's going to take a long time. You just have to wait your turn. There isn't anything they can do about it as they are already working as fast as possible to get orders out. Check out the Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome thread.
Last edited by Amaranthe on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:37 pm

I know it's frustrating, but this is a mulit-million dollar company that does a lot of promos and takes custom orders all the time. Processing time, normally, is 4 - 8 weeks for a toy. It sucks and, yes, it does get frustrating, but at the end of the day this is a custom product that is hand poured. Also, if your toy flops and doesn't pass quality control, they have to, then, repour. Compared to some other toy companies, even 8 weeks of waiting isn't that bad.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Florida Daddy wrote:I'm disappointed.

I've ordered product and for the past 3 weeks plus all I get as a response is..... we'll get to you when we get to you? What part of customer service does this company misunderstand?

It appears sir that you have ordered your first custom toy. Welcome to the waiting game. I've got an order approaching the 3 week mark, and sent in a ticket asking as well. At the moment, and for some time now, they have been dealing with a huge influx of orders. The shortest I've ever had to wait, and I've been here for.... I'd say a little over six months, was three weeks, almost on the head. Customer service can't make the cue on your toy any shorter, they can only let you know where it is at in production. Depending on how many toys were in your order I'd say you have another 2-3 weeks to wait.

If you ever planning on making another order, I would highly recommend paying a visit to the "adoptions" section. Toys in there, once purchased are shipped out the next day (not including weekends) and if they are not shipped out the next day, they are free. This way it should only take about 5-7 days for the toy to reach you with standard shipping, hope this helps.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
ddcollector

Postby ddcollector » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:53 pm

Florida Daddy wrote:I'm disappointed.

The FAQ does say that it is normally 2-3 weeks and may be longer depending on current promotions, popularity of the toy; etc. so you're still pretty much within the estimate.

https://help.bad-dragon.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Wait-Times

That doesn't mean you're wrong for being disappointed in how long it can take. I have no idea the actual average wait time for folks; perhaps 2-3 weeks in the FAQ is a little optimistic at times and should be changed.
Proud owner of 428 dildos, 26 butt plugs, 29 vibrators, 13 cock rings and 6 penetrables
See my collection at https://ddcollector.tumblr.com and https://twitter.com/ddcollector1
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:55 pm

ddcollector wrote:
The FAQ does say that it is normally 2-3 weeks and may be longer depending on current promotions, popularity of the toy; etc.

The FAQ hasn't been up-to-date in about 9 months. The current wait time, since last June, has been about 6 - 10 weeks. Yes, some people get them earlier, but that's usually if you're ordering a special promo colour, while they have a promo running. My last order was an opal Kelvin and a cherry cordial Scorn. They shipped out at 4 weeks. My last 3 orders before that, all took about 7 - 8 weeks, each.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
vash24013

Postby vash24013 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:08 pm

Yeah my Duke took over 3 and half weeks, was well worth the wait
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:45 pm

Custom is always going to take longer. The last custom I got took 1 month, which I think is a reasonable amount of time for a completely custom product. If you can't wait (as I often can't), there are a lot of toys in the adoptions to pick from. I almost always buy those as I'm impatient!
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
MSTomCat

Postby MSTomCat » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:24 pm

When I placed my recent custom order, it said in the disclaimer that turnaround time could be up to 10 weeks. I got mine after 3 and I was happy ;3 Good things take time ;3
Raal

Postby Raal » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:06 pm

It's hit and miss with customs. I'm at one month and 1 week give or take a day, and i'm just now seeing jupiter colors hit the adopts. I've had it take a week i've had it take 2 months. Esepically when they are about to do a massive sell or release a new toy, wait times spike, though once its finished they quickly catch up within about a month to reduce wait times down to about a week or three.
Kelbeck

Postby Kelbeck » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Why I stick to adoptions and flops. I get a price break (flops & Franken pours), the shipping, and the cool coloring (frankenpour)
:misc1: :nerdy: Toys I Own
► Show Spoiler
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:09 pm

I recently waited 2 months on a semi large custom order where I had one of the items flop QC and had to be repoured. The wait times can be bad and I really got frustrated since they don't give you the option to accept the flopped product. Overall though, the wait really is worth it for the care, attention and detail that is put into the toy.

Next time, if you decide to get another BD toy, browse that adopts and chances are you will find something you like there. That is what i ended up doing to alleviate the itch and frustration waiting for my first order.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

Return to “New User Central”