Page 1 of 1

I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:29 pm
by Jhyllah
Honestly I am so so sorry for that horrible pun, I forgive you if you already dislike me XD.

Any who, I've been stalking the forums and posting every so often but I figured I should really do a formal introduction!

I first got into BD after the pictures of the minion sale dildos got onto tumblr and spread like crazy. Being into the MLP fandom, I also learned about BD much earlier when I saw there not-so-subtle nods to the mane six in their horse toys' colorations (although I didn't exactly understand what the hell was going on at the time pffft). After getting curious and learning more and more about the toys, along with entering into a sex-positive college community and beginning to get more adventurous in my relationship, I just had to have some of my own, and here I am several months in and already 6 toys strong and planning my first customs!

Some about me: I'm Jhyllah (pronounced Jill-ahh), or Jhyl (pronounced Jill) for short, a college gal from Chicago in an almost three year relationship with my highschool sweetheart. I'm studying to be a classical musician--yeah, forget those stereotypes that classical musicians are a stuffy and sexless bunch :stick: -- with an additional minor in arts administration (i.e. Business). If there's any fellow musicians or music lovers out there, I would love to chat it up! I also do loads of digital art--mostly MLP-centric-- and am going to begin dabbling in NSFW art so if you have any requests I would definitely oblige for a little bit of practice :widesmile: . I do experience from social anxiety so interacting can be really hard for be, but I would still love to get to talk to people here a lot more!

Anywho, I hope to get to meet and interact with all of you more. Thanks for reading :misc2:

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:31 pm
by kt~
Welcome! I hope you're enjoying yourself here so far :smile:

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:05 pm
by Jhyllah
kt~ wrote:Welcome! I hope you're enjoying yourself here so far :smile:


I really am! It's a super guilty kind of pleasure, especially because having fantasy dildos is not the kind of thing you share with friends in casual conversation, but having such an open community makes it so much more enjoyable than if it was a very closeted expereince!

Zaphora wrote:So which ones you got? Roughly I think I have 25 or more x3


I currently have a S Roland, a M Fenrir, S Winston, S Tongue, and a S Flint. Gonna need to buy something to help with streching up to that Flint though, so I'm already planning out next month's purchases pffffft it really is addictive.

25 seems like so many my gosh I envy you :widesmile:

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:42 pm
by Cream
Welcome! c: I'm a music lover also! What kind do you like?

Also if you have any free time and you were bored or something you could always draw my oc. He's a dog/horse hybrid. Top half and tail is dog and bottom half is horse.

:stick:

~Reference!~
► Show Spoiler

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:04 pm
by DaWiiMote
Well hello there- I relatively new as well with this stuff and these forums. You sound like a really cool/interesting person. :3

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:06 am
by InuWolf55
Welcome to the forums! I'm a classical musician too so I can agree that those stereotypes are far from accurate :widesmile: What instrument(s) do you play? Also, you can feel free to draw my character for practice if you like, and you can go ahead and use my icon as reference. She's a black and turquoise wolf as you can see :smilenox:

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:44 pm
by Jhyllah
Cream wrote:Welcome! c: I'm a music lover also! What kind do you like?


I'm big into classical music (obvi) along with alternative, indie, punk rock, soundtrack.... Lots of different things tbh!!

InuWolf55 wrote:Welcome to the forums! I'm a classical musician too so I can agree that those stereotypes are far from accurate :widesmile: What instrument(s) do you play?


It's always so cool to meet other classical musicians! I'm mainly an oboe player but also played tenor sax for matching band and jazz band in high school and dabbled a little in flute for fun. You?


Additionally, I'm probably gonna make an art request thread in the Art Off Topic Section so I'll probably post finished requests there :nomnom:

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:57 pm
by InuWolf55
Oh my goodness I play oboe too! That's my main instrument, and I play a bunch of others too. I play clarinet and alto sax in jazz, and I've played clarinet in marching band as well. I play piano and fife too. I try to be super well rounded musically, both with instruments and style. I'll have keep an eye out for your art thread if you decide to make one so I can check out your work :smilenox:

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:39 pm
by Cream
That's really cool! I love rock. One of my favorites as well as indie. I will be checking for your art thread! I love to see what people come up with! c: I use to play trombone but wasn't that good at it!

:laugh:

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:52 pm
by badkitty76
Jhyllah wrote:Honestly I am so so sorry for that horrible pun, I forgive you if you already dislike me XD.

Any who, I've been stalking the forums and posting every so often but I figured I should really do a formal introduction!

I first got into BD after the pictures of the minion sale dildos got onto tumblr and spread like crazy. Being into the MLP fandom, I also learned about BD much earlier when I saw there not-so-subtle nods to the mane six in their horse toys' colorations (although I didn't exactly understand what the hell was going on at the time pffft). After getting curious and learning more and more about the toys, along with entering into a sex-positive college community and beginning to get more adventurous in my relationship, I just had to have some of my own, and here I am several months in and already 6 toys strong and planning my first customs!

Some about me: I'm Jhyllah (pronounced Jill-ahh), or Jhyl (pronounced Jill) for short, a college gal from Chicago in an almost three year relationship with my highschool sweetheart. I'm studying to be a classical musician--yeah, forget those stereotypes that classical musicians are a stuffy and sexless bunch :stick: -- with an additional minor in arts administration (i.e. Business). If there's any fellow musicians or music lovers out there, I would love to chat it up! I also do loads of digital art--mostly MLP-centric-- and am going to begin dabbling in NSFW art so if you have any requests I would definitely oblige for a little bit of practice :widesmile: . I do experience from social anxiety so interacting can be really hard for be, but I would still love to get to talk to people here a lot more!

Anywho, I hope to get to meet and interact with all of you more. Thanks for reading :misc2:


Yay someone else from Illinois! Welcome to the forums :widesmile:

Also a well out of practice musician, but i played all through college. Piano and French Horn here.

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:26 pm
by Hoofs_N_Horns
lol horrible puns are very appropriate around here :3

Welcome!

I hesitate to call myself a classical musician as I have no training but I am teaching myself guitar. Slowly but surely making strides. I practice some classical pieces like Bach or Vivaldi from time to time - who doesn't - but mostly I start with metal, blues and folk music. Later I want to learn cello and violin. And I will too. Better late than never :3

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:53 am
by Jhyllah
InuWolf55 wrote:Oh my goodness I play oboe too! That's my main instrument, and I play a bunch of others too. I play clarinet and alto sax in jazz, and I've played clarinet in marching band as well. I play piano and fife too. I try to be super well rounded musically, both with instruments and style.

OHMIGOSH HELLO FELLOW OBOE PLAYER. It honestly makes me so happy to meet someone with a similar background!! You have such diversity, that's so cool, I'm quite jealous :widesmile: I abandoned all but classical music once I got to college, I do miss marching especially but picked up piano in the mean time so give and take I suppose.

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:I hesitate to call myself a classical musician as I have no training but I am teaching myself guitar. Slowly but surely making strides. I practice some classical pieces like Bach or Vivaldi from time to time - who doesn't - but mostly I start with metal, blues and folk music. Later I want to learn cello and violin. And I will too. Better late than never :3


Hey, it's great that you're teaching yourself! There are so many people who have always wanted to play and just...don't. So good for you for going for it! Cello is an A+++ instrument to learn especially so yeah, I wish you the best of luck!!

badkitty76 wrote:
Yay someone else from Illinois! Welcome to the forums :widesmile:
Also a well out of practice musician, but i played all through college. Piano and French Horn here.
[/quote]

French horn, a personal fave!! I'm curious, why did you stop? Stil really great that you played through college, a lot of people just loose their passion after HS so good for you for sticking with it as long as you did!

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:10 pm
by InuWolf55
Jhyllah wrote:OHMIGOSH HELLO FELLOW OBOE PLAYER. It honestly makes me so happy to meet someone with a similar background!! You have such diversity, that's so cool, I'm quite jealous :widesmile: I abandoned all but classical music once I got to college, I do miss marching especially but picked up piano in the mean time so give and take I suppose.


It's always exciting to meet other musicians, especially other oboists! I actually don't know any other people personally other than my instructors that play. Message me any time if you ever wanna discuss music or anything else! :smilenox:

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:42 pm
by AlphaBlue
Howdy and welcome! :smile:

I haven't delved into classical music much myself, but I do play five string electric bass when my fingers aren't too cramped up from video games and constant typing XD

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:10 pm
by badkitty76
Jhyllah wrote:
French horn, a personal fave!! I'm curious, why did you stop? Stil really great that you played through college, a lot of people just loose their passion after HS so good for you for sticking with it as long as you did!


I regret it to this day. Post college I just didn't have a place to play French horn and couldn't afford or have space for a piano. I was quite good at both. I keep telling myself I should pick it up again but it's been so long and I don't own either instrument anymore. My music teacher was such a huge influence in my life. I kinda feel like I have let him down. He pushed me very hard to get better. I filled in for the local orchestra a couple of times while in school.

Long story short - I am a dumbass for letting it go.

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:26 pm
by InuWolf55
badkitty76 wrote:I regret it to this day. Post college I just didn't have a place to play French horn and couldn't afford or have space for a piano. I was quite good at both. I keep telling myself I should pick it up again but it's been so long and I don't own either instrument anymore. My music teacher was such a huge influence in my life. I kinda feel like I have let him down. He pushed me very hard to get better. I filled in for the local orchestra a couple of times while in school.

Long story short - I am a dumbass for letting it go.


It's never too late to pick it up again! You can go a few years without playing an instrument and then pick it up again no problem. Your muscles will still remember what to do! I hope one day you're able to play again :smilenox:

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:46 pm
by Mintyfresh
Hi Jhyl,

I'm Mint for short and I've been lurking too and meaning to introduce myself but have finally been drawn out by your post, especially the offer of drawings.

I'm also a classically trained musician (french horn nainly and a little piano) though find mostly now I just sing, in fact I'm currently trying to get something going in the form of a rock covers band to do a few gigs locally (London).

I'm really into my seventies rock, but branch out pretty widely from there (everything from Mozart to Motorhead and beyond), and my absolute singing hero is Freddie Mercury, some of whose works I can cover passably (pats self on back).

I agree about the community, and really wish I had found this out a long time ago, as being the owner of a hungry butt, it is nice to have somewhere to be able to discuss my taste in rather large dildos, without feeling hellishly awkward.

I'm male, still working out exactly which directions I swing in (probably pan to be honest, but just straight so far), and would absolutely love if it if you could draw me an avatar, if you have the time and would like the paractice.

I've been hunting through images of the Khajiit from TES Oblivion as the obvious cat people to try and find a suitable one, but haven't found anything quite right yet.

I'm defintely feline, very sensual, and usually horny...

I'm waiting for my first purchases to turn up, namely an XL Pretzal, L Flint, L Stan, XL Ridley, and an XL Raptor (EE), all bought via the forums, and the suspense is killing me.

Anyway, thanks for inspiring me to make my first post, I'll introduce myself properly a bit later today after I'm back from the gym.

I think you're going to be lots of fun to talk to.

Still had to think for 20 minutes or so, before hitting the submit button.

Discussing my sexual tastes openly is not something i'm used to doing so casually, though I'm sure it will good for me in getting rid of those last few hangups.

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:25 pm
by Jhyllah
InuWolf55 wrote:
badkitty76 wrote:I regret it to this day. Post college I just didn't have a place to play French horn and couldn't afford or have space for a piano. I was quite good at both. I keep telling myself I should pick it up again but it's been so long and I don't own either instrument anymore. My music teacher was such a huge influence in my life. I kinda feel like I have let him down. He pushed me very hard to get better. I filled in for the local orchestra a couple of times while in school.

Long story short - I am a dumbass for letting it go.


It's never too late to pick it up again! You can go a few years without playing an instrument and then pick it up again no problem. Your muscles will still remember what to do! I hope one day you're able to play again :smilenox:


Seconding this! I know at a lot of community centers they have communal pianos, at the very least. If you miss it, go for it! Life's too short, y'know? Even if you just play in a community band or in the quiet and comfort of your own home, it can be so rewarding.

Mintyfresh wrote: :words:


Haha I'm glad I could draw you out a bit! And welcome to the BD Classical musicians club :stick: It can be hard to come to terms with your sexuality but hey, we're all super open here so at least you know no one is judging anyone else for being into fantasy themed toys (or toys at all for that matter).

It already sounds like you have quite the collection coming your way, that's very exciting! If you're up for it you should definitely post some pictures when they come.

As for the free art, when I get the time I'll be posting in the Art subforum and I'll probably take some scattered requests there, so keep an eye out for that!

AlphaBlue wrote:I do play five string electric bass when my fingers aren't too cramped up from video games and constant typing XD


Pffffft I feel that, I wouldn't be surprised if I had arthritis by the time I'm thirty with all the stuff I do with my fingers/hands not that way you pervs :stick:

Guitar has always been a mystery to me so it's pretty cool that you play!

Re: I'm Already A-dick-ted [Hello from Chicago!]

Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:31 pm
by cantrius
Jhyllah wrote:It's always so cool to meet other classical musicians! I'm mainly an oboe player but also played tenor sax for matching band and jazz band in high school and dabbled a little in flute for fun. You?

Oh, wow tenor sax - that takes me back! :smilenox: I played alto, tenor an baritone when I was younger, but also sillily stopped. I really enjoyed baritone - wanted to try french horn when I was younger, but our school didn't have one.

Welcome to the community!