Hello from Shark!

New to the forum? Need a welcome pounce? Introduce yourself, get to know others, and familiarize yourself with Bad Dragon and the Forums here!
Audax

Hello from Shark!

Postby Audax » Wed May 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi guys! :misc2: :nomnom:

My name is Audax! I've been around the Forums in one way or another since spring of 2011. I'm on leave for a while so I can get some health things sorted out, but this means I can generally be sharky with all of you fine folks. ^_^

About me:
I like reading fantasy and science fiction. My favorite series is the Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolf. I also really love Neil Gaiman and Mercedes Lackey. I like some nonfiction as well; Erik Larson has some really cool books! Also, anything about sharks. Close to Shore is a definite favorite shark book.

I'm huge into Final Fantasy XIV (I'm currently working on getting all my jobs to level 60 - just a few more to go!) and play on Balmung server. You can poke me there if you want to play sometime! Bard is my favorite class. I also dabble in a lot of other games, like Civilization, all kinds of Nintendo stuff (I love Pokemon and Harvest Moon), Borderlands, and even some casual stuff (I could play Tetris for hours).

I like to do arty, crafty things, but I'm not always very good at it! Still, it's about the fun of creating something, and that's what matters.

I'm sort of "furry light." I have a character (Srs Biznis shark), I enjoy the artwork, but I'm not super involved in the community.

I own a lot of Bad Dragon toys, and I love a lot of other toy designs from other companies, too! People's creativity astounds and delights me.

I'm not always very social, but I always appreciate when someone says hi. I hope to see all of you around a little more, though I may be scarce for a bit.

Oms and noms,
-Shark
Jasmine

Re: Hello from Shark!

Postby Jasmine » Wed May 18, 2016 3:03 pm

Glad to see you back, Audax! I hope that you can sort things out and be back on your fins soon :)

Have you read Mercedes Lackey's Elemental Masters series? It's definitely more on the historical side rather than fantasy side, but I think they do a great job integrating traditional fantasy aspects into "real life" application.
ImageImage
AltheaThune

Postby AltheaThune » Wed May 18, 2016 3:03 pm

Hey, Audax! I've missed seeing you around here lately. I hope the health issues will be resolved quickly and painlessly!

Both my parents are marine biologists, so I grew up scuba diving and appreciating marine life of all kinds. I've been diving with hammerheads (and several other species) in Galapagos, whale sharks in Belize, other sharks in other sharky places, and I'm very much plugged in with the folks who are working on shark conservation issues. Sharks are in trouble around the world, and I'm afraid conservation efforts will be too little, too late, but we have to at least try.

I read a bunch of Mercedes Lackey years ago and enjoyed it. I should probably get back into her stuff... So many books, so little time!

Anyway, I'm so happy that you will be here while you're dealing with your health stuff. This place could use a dose of positive energy!
FOR SALE: Mountain Drake (OS/5), Legacy Naga (S/8), Sleipnir (S/5), Sleipnir (Mini/3), Trent (M/5), Tyson (S/5). Additional info in my profile. PM me for details.
eloeelwe

Postby eloeelwe » Wed May 18, 2016 3:12 pm

It's so good to hear from you, and I hope the leave you are taking gets you where you want to be.
Hope it's not too long, as you are a comforting presence on the forums, and have made all of my dealings with purchases go smoothly.
You will always have my support Audax.

See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
Eowaraldur

Postby Eowaraldur » Wed May 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Hello! :misc2: :dukeretro:

I wish you luck on your health issues, I hope for the best for you!

I also think you should be introduced to the author Matthew Reilly with those kind of book interests! For example, the Contest is about an average man chosen to be a contender in an intergalactic contest with very dangerous aliens, trapped in a deathmatch inside the now locked down NY library. It is a sci-fi thriller, with a load of crazy twists. I would poke around on his website, and just take a look at his work. I have read almost all of it, and I can highly recommend every one so far.
Hello there! I'm a pansexual guy; I don't differentiate between sexes/genders - If I like you, it is because I like you as a person! <3
Current/Wishlist/Waiting
► Show Spoiler
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Wed May 18, 2016 3:54 pm

The Great White Forum Shark approaches! :laugh: Awesome to see you slumming it up with the rest of us, Audax. Welcome to the dark alleyways we call home here on the forums. Along with the others', my best wishes for your health.
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed May 18, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi! :misc1:

Best wishes on getting your medical issues get sorted out quickly, painlessly. :misc2:

Mercede's is an acquaintance of mine; she's a really nice gal though definitely doesn't take anyone's bull, lol. I first met her on an old MMO, City of Heroes, way back. I still chat with her occasionally, and I should probably poke around and read one of her (more recent) novels.

Anyway, it's good to see you back!

Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Wed May 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Hello Shark!! So nice to see you on the forums again!

I really really hope you can get your health things sorted out smoothly, I'll be sending lots of good vibes and positive thoughts your way.

I was just talking with a friend the other day about giving FFXIV a shot, although they're currently pre-occupied with all things Borderlands. I've played the Tales spinoff but haven't gotten into Borderlands proper yet myself. I've been playing Harvest Moon on and off with Fire Emblem mostly, but I'll definitely give you a poke if we decide to go for it. :smilenox:
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Wed May 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Hello hello!

Hehe you joined 2 days before me :3 I wasn't very active on the forum back then.
Penetrables comparison: here
SheWantsTheDragonD

Postby SheWantsTheDragonD » Wed May 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Yay! I'm happy you've surfaced again. I was afraid you had gone off forever.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- :misc15: :misc13: :misc14: -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
silvring

Postby silvring » Wed May 18, 2016 6:57 pm

I was just bugging Elise about you a couple days ago! Hopefully everything clears up for you soon. I mean, bees.
Kith

Postby Kith » Wed May 18, 2016 8:29 pm

Glad to see you again, but I'm sorry that your health hasn't been doing so well lately.

I hope you feel better soon. *hug*
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed May 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Read your health isn't doing well. Get better soon!
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
nevan

Postby nevan » Wed May 18, 2016 10:48 pm

I hope you enjoy your leave and your health things improve/go well!

3TK

Postby 3TK » Wed May 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Good to see you back!! :widesmile:
Not good to hear about your health. :sniffing:

Take it easy and recover well! :misc3: :nomnom:
Keely

Postby Keely » Wed May 18, 2016 11:28 pm

Audax!! Good to have you back :misc2: :widesmile:

Have you read any of Tamora Pierce's books? If you like Lackey you might like her too!
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Thu May 19, 2016 12:43 am

I hope everything goes well for you, fellow shark ! Take care of yourself first.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu May 19, 2016 11:37 am

Glad to have you be more active on the forums! I hope that your health starts to get better and all of us here wish you the best
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Thu May 19, 2016 1:07 pm

yay!

good to see you and be well!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
dragonous

Postby dragonous » Thu May 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi Audax! (waving wildly) Take care of you.
I am *way* too picky about my toys. I feel like the Goldilocks of dildos - too large, too small, too hard, too soft...

Return to “New User Central”