whats a good toy for a beginner?

New to the forum? Need a welcome pounce? Introduce yourself, get to know others, and familiarize yourself with Bad Dragon and the Forums here!
Execwalkthroughs

whats a good toy for a beginner?

Postby Execwalkthroughs » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:05 pm

So I haven't done much anal play, but enough to go from only being able to get my index in, to getting my index,middle, and ring finger in. I get paid today and was thinking of buying my first toy :excited: I would like a medium that has a nice taper so i can practice and still have more of the toy to use later. Any toys that fit my preferences?

p.s I love knots.
Rainbow Dasher

Re: whats a good toy for a beginner?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:20 pm

From what you say of your experience, you may wish to start small, purely so you don't have to struggle with a toy that might be too big. BD has mediums that range from somewhat small to toys that should be classified as a large. If you're after a knot, the gryphon is not only a fantastic starter toy but is also nice for knot training due to its knot having a taper rather than a huge mass you have to stuff inside. A medium *should* be OK to start with as long as you relax, go slowly, and use lots of lube. Other models that are great for beginners (due to the taper) are toys like Winston's Tail, Crash, and Trent. Crash is another model with a knot that is also tapered. Is there a specific model you have your eye on?
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
christoffer199

Postby christoffer199 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:37 pm

A winston is a nice atart but you cant ride it. For practicing. Then next pay check get one you can ride.
Chance is nice for anal. Trent. People like crackers.
Where To Buy Bags
► Show Spoiler

Discord
Execwalkthroughs

Postby Execwalkthroughs » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:56 pm

the only toy im really interested in is Rex but i know thats way out of my league right now.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:01 pm

You could always go with a small Rex and see how you go with it. It's not totally outside the realm of possibility for you. Some folks are naturally stretchy and won't have much of an issue, just don't start too huge and you'll be fine.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
christoffer199

Postby christoffer199 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:17 pm

oh look on secondhand for cheaper toys to see how you like them and most smalls and mediums. are being sold all the time so you got options.
Where To Buy Bags
► Show Spoiler

Discord
katze

Postby katze » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:56 am

Execwalkthroughs wrote:the only toy im really interested in is Rex but i know thats way out of my league right now.

I agree with Dasher, a small rex should be fine for you. Just keep in mind you might not be able to take the knot right away. Go slow, use plenty of lube and don't force anything.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:19 pm

You could also try Austin instead of Rex if you're interested in learning to take a knot. It has more of a taper that will make inserting it easier, but it's still a distinct almost spherical swell on a straight shaft (unlike the differently shaped knots on toys like the Gryphon or Elden). Austin runs about a size smaller than Rex does though; a medium Austin is closer in size to a small Rex.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:42 pm

I like Roland. His shaft is smooth and his knot is tapered, he has about the same measurements as Austin to
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland

Return to “New User Central”