Keeping it a secret

New to the forum? Need a welcome pounce? Introduce yourself, get to know others, and familiarize yourself with Bad Dragon and the Forums here!
Idiotic Logic

Keeping it a secret

Postby Idiotic Logic » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:10 pm

I'm a little new and I'm contemplating buying a toy, but I'm a little paranoid about it. I live with my mom, and she is the one who usually checks the mail. I'm wondering what the box usually says on it, and if anyone has some advice to keeping it hidden. Under my bed won't work (I have a cat who loves going under there and we have to drag him out). Thanks for the advice!
Keely

Re: Keeping it a secret

Postby Keely » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:48 pm

The box generally has a return address of "jan mulders" but there's been a few reports of fedex international packages having bad dragon printed on the label. But even then it could be reasonably explained if you're into fantasy type stuff.

As for hiding you could still hide your toy under the bed if you got a little plastic or metal toolbox and put it in there, especially if you got one with a tray in the top (like this one) and put some screwdrivers or something in there.

There are also pillows that have a zippered pocket in them that can hold a toy or two (like this one) or a hollow book (like this one)[/u]. And of course there's the perennial favorite: stuffing it at the bottom of your sock drawer :widesmile:
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
PerfectlyNormal

Postby PerfectlyNormal » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Welcome!

You could try checking out the Where do you hide your toys thread if you need ideas. If your mother isn't too nosy you could probably get away with hiding it in the bottom of your underwear drawer or something.
If you're wanting to be a bit more careful, just look around your room for anything hollow. I've seen people stash toys in speakers, empty game console boxes, spare backpacks, all sorts of stuff.

Hopefully you can work everything out and order something. I don't think you'll regret it, more likely you'll want to start a collection :smilenox:. Was there a specific toy you were eyeing?
Collection ⤵
► Show Spoiler
Idiotic Logic

Postby Idiotic Logic » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:51 pm

PerfectlyNormal wrote:Welcome!

You could try checking out the Where do you hide your toys thread if you need ideas. If your mother isn't too nosy you could probably get away with hiding it in the bottom of your underwear drawer or something.
If you're wanting to be a bit more careful, just look around your room for anything hollow. I've seen people stash toys in speakers, empty game console boxes, spare backpacks, all sorts of stuff.

Hopefully you can work everything out and order something. I don't think you'll regret it, more likely you'll want to start a collection :smilenox:. Was there a specific toy you were eyeing?

Definitely was thinking about the Rex.
featheryfoxxy

Postby featheryfoxxy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

One tip I'll offer is to avoid cumtubes if you're being sneaky. Cumtubes need a little more time to dry because they generally need to be aired out, which means it'll be harder to hide while it's drying.

As a fun story, the lil chico was my first toy. I had one of my best sessions in my life and after cleaning up, I left him and the cumtube to dry out for a few hours, and set an alarm. Silly me is used to snoozing alarms in the morning so I stupidly snoozed it and forgot what my alarm was for. My girlfriend came home and found it lying out and well, funnily enough, was cool with it but I was so red with embarrassment!!! :angry:
hidoragon

Postby hidoragon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:46 pm

I've probably got more than a dozen packages from BD. As someone noted above, usually the return address only mentions "Jan Mulders" as the sender. Typically you'll have no idea it's from BD unless they lookup the name or open the packages (usually there's a receipt / shipping manifest that has a big bad-dragon logo on it--in addition to the toy of course. :P

I have had packages shipped both Fedex and USPS (P.O. box)
Kiran

Postby Kiran » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:08 pm

If possible you can always talk with your mother about it that this will be "private" and all. It might be a hard talk, but on my side it just went through as "it's normal" when my parents discovered lube and a penetrable toy back in the past after I forgot it on the border of the bath after use and clean up :excited: . I don't know the reaction they would have if they found insertable back in the past, but by having a good discussion about that and your view and the one of your mother could save all that hassle :smile:

Are you planning to buy a penetrable or insertable? If it's a penetrable, the talk could be easier, something like "Mom, I want to have some kind of fun and I'm going to buy a toy. This is something normal, bla bla bla" after seeing if she is panicking about sex talk or not after learning that you are giving yourself some good time. I don't know her, but usually, moms are nicer that dads :stick: And maybe she have toy for herself and understand your need and respect you, whatever you choose as your toy :smile:

If it's an insertable, the talk could be longer to tell her that men can have orgasm through the back door, even if you are interested only with women (which is my case).

And then, when the package come, she will respect your privacy and tell her that the "hidding spot" if she would ever finds it is personnal space so leave it be.

I wish you a good purchase, on my side I'm only wondering on the color of a M David as my insertable and Hazel for penetrable! And when... 400$ for two toys is a lot of money, so need some planning :smilenox:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Wrap the toy in a shirt and hide it in a drawer in your room, or even hide it in a duffle bag/backpack that stays in your closet. I agree that a tubed toy will give you issues because they generally need to air dry for several hours, same for penetrables.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
guiltysin

Postby guiltysin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:38 pm

I have noticed that choosing UPS for shipping will wind up with the package having a small "silicon sculpture" description under the barcode on the label, but choosing FedEx doesn't have any such words anywhere. If you're worried about that (I sure was embarrassed the first time I ordered something and it came in with the label from UPS! I'm just glad I'm the one that got the package off the doorstep and not one of my parents!) then I would say select FedEx for shipping even if it's a little bit more than UPS shipping.
Guilty // A secretive marshmallow! /// Aromantic-Asexual /// Just likes pretties and solo sensations
Kiran

Postby Kiran » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:56 am

Idiotic Logic wrote:I'm a little new and I'm contemplating buying a toy, but I'm a little paranoid about it. I live with my mom, and she is the one who usually checks the mail. I'm wondering what the box usually says on it, and if anyone has some advice to keeping it hidden. Under my bed won't work (I have a cat who loves going under there and we have to drag him out). Thanks for the advice!

Just some follow up, did you buy anything?
kyleb99

Postby kyleb99 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:07 pm

I have two mediums, a nova and a nox. I wrap both of them in hand towels and shove them to the back of my sock drawer with the lube container sitting upright in there. Do be careful with hiding the container of lube. I had one that leaked if it wasnt upright.
We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Walt Disney
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:10 am

The only thing I'll add here is that for the most part, the packaging is discreet. EXCEPT for the fact that the label [email protected]*^ing says "silicone sculpture" on it.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:10 am

Label has never ever read "Bad Dragon" or "Silicone Sculpture" for my international shipments nor did it have a logo on it anywhere on the outside. There are a bunch of manifests packaged in a plastic bag on the outside where silicone sculptures are listed, but they are always folded with the contents text on the inside.

The only thing that has happened to me once so far is the cum lube ingredients paper that they also throw into that manifest plastic bag can end up being on the outside and fully readable when the customs dorks take the bunch of manifests out to keep one of the copies. The paper is relatively small but "CUMLUBE" is written on it very big, very prominently. Can just hope the delivery guy is too much in a hurry to even bother inspecting the package more closely or doesn't give a shit. Or not order cumlube with your rubber dongs.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Raynexii

Postby Raynexii » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Also if you do UPS as the shipping option (which is a few extra bucks), just update the tracking information to say that you want to pick it up at your local USP. Then you can pick up the package when you have time and bring it in the house when she's not there, or when she's busy or taking a shower and store it somewhere. I keep my things in medium crate in the closet and never have an issue...but I also don't care if she finds it at this point in my life lol. :widesmile:
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Tallon wrote:The only thing I'll add here is that for the most part, the packaging is discreet. EXCEPT for the fact that the label [email protected]*^ing says "silicone sculpture" on it.

I've yet to have any delivery guy give me a weird look from it, and I could always tell them I'm getting desk art.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
mello_cf

Postby mello_cf » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:51 pm

I have kept mine in a discreet lock box that I've had since I was 12 or 13. This box is an old suitcase/makeup box that came with a key. The lock still works, and since I've had it for years filled with various bits of paper junk, no one has had any interest in opening it. :widesmile: My suggestion is to think of a location that your family would overlook. Something mundane, something you've already owned for quite some time.

Even a shoe locker at the foot of your bed, just insert a false cardboard bottom and who knows what could be kept there.
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:54 pm

I would urge you to do as Kiran recommended. Parents are much more understandable today than they were 20 years ago. Most parents will love and accept you regardless of what you do or say. However, if you have reservations about it, consider this from your parent's perspective:
Do you think they would rather know you wanted to experiment with other guys in backdoor play which can be dangerous (STDs), or experiment with toys in the safety of your home?

I know I would be much more open to someone wanting to experiment solo. I certainly know I've done so before.
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:49 pm

I agree, as a step-parent to teenagers, I would be totally fine with them having sex toys. However, I also understand that not everyone has that kind of relationship with their parents, nor wants them to know about that aspect of their life. (If we're being honest, I don't really want people knowing I have fake horse dicks, as pretty as they may be.)

A locking box is a good idea, or if you can't get that, a plastic bin (opaque) that can be hidden somewhere like a drawer or closet is good. As for the package coming in the mail, could you say you ordered something on eBay? Or buy it around the holidays and you could just say it's a gift so you don't want anyone opening it.
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
Furryhusky

Postby Furryhusky » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:01 pm

featheryfoxxy wrote:One tip I'll offer is to avoid cumtubes if you're being sneaky. Cumtubes need a little more time to dry because they generally need to be aired out, which means it'll be harder to hide while it's drying.

As a fun story, the lil chico was my first toy. I had one of my best sessions in my life and after cleaning up, I left him and the cumtube to dry out for a few hours, and set an alarm. Silly me is used to snoozing alarms in the morning so I stupidly snoozed it and forgot what my alarm was for. My girlfriend came home and found it lying out and well, funnily enough, was cool with it but I was so red with embarrassment!!! :angry:

Cool girlfriend :cool:

Return to “New User Central”