Show Me your Swapped Colors!

Picture central for all of your visual needs! This is the right place to post Show Me threads requesting photos of certain models.
Please keep this area SFW - no in-use pictures, nudity, or genitalia, just pictures of toys themselves.
lizardbreath

Re: Show Me your Swapped Colors!

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:29 am

Niah wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:hanns in pretzal's feathered serpent

Oh wow. He's gorgeous. The yellow above the green is more yellow than I was expecting. I've been contemplating a medium/3 Terra in Feathered Serpent, so it's nice to what it looks like on other toys.

They couldn't do the full three color fade of feathered serpent so they did a 2 color fade on the flower and used the green for the leaves.

The yellow is usually blended to oblivion on the real 3 color fades

I think this variation looks great on Hanns :widesmile:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:02 am

lizardbreath wrote:
Niah wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:hanns in pretzal's feathered serpent

Oh wow. He's gorgeous. The yellow above the green is more yellow than I was expecting. I've been contemplating a medium/3 Terra in Feathered Serpent, so it's nice to what it looks like on other toys.

They couldn't do the full three color fade of feathered serpent so they did a 2 color fade on the flower and used the green for the leaves.

I took a closer look at it on Pretzal and I see now what you mean. Makes sense that the yellow stands out then. I wonder if they'd attempt the full proper fade on Terra or if they'd have to do a split fade like they did for yours.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:24 am

Niah wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
Niah wrote:

I took a closer look at it on Pretzal and I see now what you mean. Makes sense that the yellow stands out then. I wonder if they'd attempt the full proper fade on Terra or if they'd have to do a split fade like they did for yours.

Tell us when you find out :smilenox:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:34 am

pic by a feathered serpent pretzal
Attachments
DSC04144.jpg
Pretzal queen!!
[
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:51 am

lizardbreath wrote:
Niah wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:They couldn't do the full three color fade of feathered serpent so they did a 2 color fade on the flower and used the green for the leaves.

Tell us when you find out :smilenox:

I definitely will if I ask. I'm not too sure what I want on my Terra. I'm seriously considering taking the base color(s) of Permafrost and marbling them with the purple that's the Natural option for the egg plugs. Can't decide if I want that a regular marble or a pride streak; both would look good I think.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:28 am

XL wide split Clayton in Hive Mind (Ridley's signature).
My phone's camera is a bit crappy and don't show well the dark purple highlight, very noticeable IRL. I like this model in earthy colors (actually fits good any coloration IMO) and with highlights, and when I saw Ridley's signature I decided (I was thinking in Trent's signature too... maybe for my next Clayton xD). His soft shaft sometimes is too soft for my taste, but still loving him.
hivemind1.jpg

► Show Spoiler
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:36 am

Harbenz wrote:XL wide split Clayton in Hive Mind (Ridley's signature).
My phone's camera is a bit crappy and don't show well the dark purple highlight, very noticeable IRL. I like this model in earthy colors (actually fits good any coloration IMO) and with highlights, and when I saw Ridley's signature I decided (I was thinking in Trent's signature too... maybe for my next Clayton xD). His soft shaft sometimes is too soft for my taste, but still loving him.
hivemind1.jpg

► Show Spoiler

ooo! nice choice
Pretzal queen!!
[
Fush

Postby Fush » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 am

So i asked CS about the fire custom on an ika and they completely shot me down because ika cannot have highlights for some weird reason. :( so im back to square one again with no idea what I can even do lol
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:54 am

Fush wrote:So i asked CS about the fire custom on an ika and they completely shot me down because ika cannot have highlights for some weird reason. :( so im back to square one again with no idea what I can even do lol

A lot of the new models can't have highlights for whatever reason. Pearce couldn't, even though I could get Opal which has a highlight :eyeroll:

Maybe you could get the shaft from firebird? That's still really pretty.
Fush

Postby Fush » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:21 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
Fush wrote:So i asked CS about the fire custom on an ika and they completely shot me down because ika cannot have highlights for some weird reason. :( so im back to square one again with no idea what I can even do lol

A lot of the new models can't have highlights for whatever reason. Pearce couldn't, even though I could get Opal which has a highlight :eyeroll:

Possibly XD I kind of fell in love with the concept of a lava/magma tentacle. So I am going to assume the shaft on the coloration "Golden hoard" has a highlight as well lol.

The only options I have is solid, marble, and fade for Ika which doesnt leave a lot of working room :(
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:54 am

Fush wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:

Possibly XD I kind of fell in love with the concept of a lava/magma tentacle. So I am going to assume the shaft on the coloration "Golden hoard" has a highlight as well lol.

The only options I have is solid, marble, and fade for Ika which doesnt leave a lot of working room :(

Yeah, Golden Hoard has a highlight. Firebird is a gold to red fade, so it'd be possible where other pours like Magma Drake and Golden Hoard aren't. As marbles go, there's Fire from the Extra Effective promo, though I'd also think about designing something myself in your position. I'd personally go for a marble including a black tone, in the hope they'd do a very tight effect that actually looks like lava, but unfortunately you can't request a specific marble style other than Pride Streak. A plain onyx black with, I dunno, a glowing orange like on the Emissary Bright Blade and Halloween Orange, or back to the Extra Effective red-orange.

I hope you can find a colour that does work for you and is possible on Ika.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 am

Fush wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:

You could request the fade from Golden Hoard and have them leave off the base color and the highlight.
I also have a Firebird toy and it's a really nice fade should you choose to go that route.
Fush

Postby Fush » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:07 pm

vixenvega wrote:
Fush wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:

You could request the fade from Golden Hoard and have them leave off the base color and the highlight.
I also have a Firebird toy and it's a really nice fade should you choose to go that route.

I could most def do that which made me remember something. There's a fire fade that the dragoness has a color option. It looks like it uses a highlight but its pretty close to what'd want and im sure it'd help give them some kind of direction too lol.

I wonder if I told them to look at Clayton's magma drake coloring on the shaft part and go forth and see what they want to be inventive on :P because its kind of hard to pin point exactly using all the options on site. Sometimes the option is give them a ref let them go for it XD but thats just me being a noob to the whole custom coloring thing. The most I've done thats special is a opal meng lol.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Fush wrote:
vixenvega wrote:
Fush wrote:Possibly XD I kind of fell in love with the concept of a lava/magma tentacle. So I am going to assume the shaft on the coloration "Golden hoard" has a highlight as well lol.

I could most def do that which made me remember something. There's a fire fade that the dragoness has a color option. It looks like it uses a highlight but its pretty close to what'd want and im sure it'd help give them some kind of direction too lol.

I wonder if I told them to look at Clayton's magma drake coloring on the shaft part and go forth and see what they want to be inventive on :P because its kind of hard to pin point exactly using all the options on site. Sometimes the option is give them a ref let them go for it XD but thats just me being a noob to the whole custom coloring thing. The most I've done thats special is a opal meng lol.

The yellow shade and highlight color used in Golden Hoard, Magma Drake, and Janine's Fire are all the same I believe. So if you like that yellow that's the way to go for sure. You could find out if they would do Fire or Magma Drake as a fade rather than a highlight as well. The yellow faded into the orange-red color used for the highlight.
Fush

Postby Fush » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:31 pm

vixenvega wrote:
Fush wrote:
vixenvega wrote:You could request the fade from Golden Hoard and have them leave off the base color and the highlight.

The yellow shade and highlight color used in Golden Hoard, Magma Drake, and Janine's Fire are all the same I believe. So if you like that yellow that's the way to go for sure. You could find out if they would do Fire or Magma Drake as a fade rather than a highlight as well. The yellow faded into the orange-red color used for the highlight.

Thank you for the suggestions :D It led me to a bit of headway (a different CS person as well) So a magma Tentacle is in the works of being born from a volcano :P They are helping me figure out exactly what colors we need to put into the "fade" to truly make it look like its on fire.

So tip of the day :P if one CS doesnt work try again.
Last edited by Fush on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Fush wrote:Thank you for the suggestions :D It led me to a bit of headway (a different CS person as well) So a magma Tentacle is in the works of being born from a volcano :P

Oh cool what colors did you end up with?
Fush

Postby Fush » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Fush wrote:Thank you for the suggestions :D It led me to a bit of headway (a different CS person as well) So a magma Tentacle is in the works of being born from a volcano :P

Oh cool what colors did you end up with?

It'd going to be something similar to a yellow orange into a fiery red fade. The exact color are still being worked out for the best impact :P. Im going to ask them to leave a note with it to see if they can truly make it look like it came from pure magma so the pour staff can have a little bit of fun.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:29 am

Posted pics of my new mini Pearce in the 'show me your Pearce' thread. He was a rogue adoption, but looks like it could maybe be werewolf muzzles new signature?
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Kemnebi

Postby Kemnebi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:44 am

Fallout Warning wrote:
Kemnebi wrote:Moko in werewolf's sig

CYMERA_20170420_105138.jpg

This is by far my fav swap ever!

Thank you. I love how his colors turned out. One of my prettiest toys. :misc2:
Female/27/Straight/Single

I've been told I'm blunt and can come off wrong. I promise, I'm not actually mad. Just bad with the talking thing. :words:
GoreMagala

Postby GoreMagala » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Just got a gorgeous medium Fenrir in the mail today! He's swapped with Xar's signature, Lightning Bug.
I think I like to look at him more than actually playing with him! :excited:

Emi - 18 - Bisexual - Female - Nerd - Pescetarian - Monster Hunter Dork - Atlus Fangirl

ImageFollow me!Image
https://monsterslavegirl.tumblr.com/
https://videos.toypics.net/GoreMagala

► Show Spoiler

Return to “Show Me: for posting pictures!”