Possible new toy sizes?

Gieger61

Possible new toy sizes?

Postby Gieger61 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:17 am

Hi all,

I saw a post somewhere about the forums recently (which i cant find now) that had mention of some potential resizes of toys to fill in the gap between medium and large on some of the toys like the Vergil that have quite a steep increase between them. Since I can't find it anymore I was hoping someone could let me know if this was a "we would like to do this" kind of thing or something that is seriously being considered?

Just asking because i want a chance and a Vergil a bit bigger than the medium, but im not sure I could make the jump to the large without some issues.

Sindorei

Re: Possible new toy sizes?

Postby Sindorei » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:31 am

It was suggested less than a year ago, so no word yet on if they are even considering it, much less implementing it
A sound soul resides in sound mind and sound body

Wishlist/ownlist: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3564&start=40#p184423
Sarmanikan
Bad Dragon Staff

Postby Sarmanikan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:43 pm

It's something that's being considered. We have to weigh whether people would like to see more sizes in current toys, or more new toys since we can't really work on both at the same time. We'll be sending out a survey within the next month or so to see where people would like us to focus our efforts in the coming months and "more toy sizes" will certainly be one of the options to choose. Make sure you're signed up for our newsletter since that's how the survey will be distributed!
ImageImage ImageImageImage
florafreak

Postby florafreak » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 pm

ThisOne wrote:Fantastic about the survey! I really hope a lot of people vote for more sizes in current models, and in all future toys despite the possible extra time it takes to get a toy onto buyers market. Four sizes is very much worth it guys...it means there may be something better available for your preferences and needs~

Also - Dont forget there are some toys that need a size between small and medium. I'll leave a good hearty set of comments in the survey once I get it :B

while I agree, I was thinking that the forth size should be the XL.
Sarmanikan
Bad Dragon Staff

Postby Sarmanikan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:46 pm

See, that's the thing. Some people want something between Small and Medium, some want something between Medium and Large, and others want a XL size. Expect that if "More toy sizes" turns out to be something people want in the survey, that we'll do a second survey finding out which toys in particular and what sizes people would be interested in!
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sindorei

Postby Sindorei » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Sarmanikan wrote:See, that's the thing. Some people want something between Small and Medium, some want something between Medium and Large, and others want a XL size. Expect that if "More toy sizes" turns out to be something people want in the survey, that we'll do a second survey finding out which toys in particular and what sizes people would be interested in!

The only solution I can see to this is in the toys with horrible 3" size jumps, eliminate the med and make a new med and large and XL

Say there is 6", 9", 12"
New sizes will be 6", 8", 10", 12"/13" (XL)

or something. that satisfies the people that want a smedium and a mlarge
A sound soul resides in sound mind and sound body

Wishlist/ownlist: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3564&start=40#p184423
Gieger61

Postby Gieger61 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:55 pm

That would work. :) If you look at the size comparison for the Gryphons you can see that it gets gradually and uniformly bigger as you go up the sizes, some of the toys go small, medium HUGE so theres definately a gap :P

Great news on the survey, I look forward to it :)
Tentaclessa

Postby Tentaclessa » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 am

While I think it's fine to have a huge, it's unfair not to consider that it's anatomy that keeps many women from knotting, fully enjoying, or even buying certain toys. Yes, like me they may just buy the closest fit and make do; and from a business perspective it's all good because you've gotten the payment, but I feel like chicks are getting the short end of the stick...so to speak. I've not seen as many complaints that toys aren't big enough. But if that's the case, there should be an XL varka. Duke and chance. But please, remember the pussies.
tenmaru

Postby tenmaru » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:03 pm

I was thinking a size between medium and large for the Chance would be what I would be after considering other toys I have but maybe in the case of something that is sorta generic like a horsecock a new toy would be good and if you did it with similar sizes to the chance then one or two more sizes at the same time it kinda covers both bases while not requiring rework on current toys and work on new ones.

Also as to what new sizes people want maybe it would be relatable like Chance being a horsecock ought to be bigger/have more larger sizes while something like a dog cock should have more smaller sizes.
Lamprey

Postby Lamprey » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:13 am

Tentaclessa wrote:While I think it's fine to have a huge, it's unfair not to consider that it's anatomy that keeps many women from knotting, fully enjoying, or even buying certain toys. Yes, like me they may just buy the closest fit and make do; and from a business perspective it's all good because you've gotten the payment, but I feel like chicks are getting the short end of the stick...so to speak. I've not seen as many complaints that toys aren't big enough. But if that's the case, there should be an XL varka. Duke and chance. But please, remember the pussies.

I agree 100% with this.

Also I would like to add that alot of the "small" sizes way too small. I think toys like the ridgeback, xenogon, and naga should have their smalls bumped up at least an inch or two. The Tentacle I think doesn't even need a small.
FinalGrimoire

Postby FinalGrimoire » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Lamprey wrote:Also I would like to add that alot of the "small" sizes way too small. I think toys like the ridgeback, xenogon, and naga should have their smalls bumped up at least an inch or two. The Tentacle I think doesn't even need a small.

For a toy priding itself on texture, the small Xenogon really is too small. I don't see how all of the texture could really be enjoyed at that size.
AstralDescent

Postby AstralDescent » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Lamprey wrote:
Tentaclessa wrote:While I think it's fine to have a huge, it's unfair not to consider that it's anatomy that keeps many women from knotting, fully enjoying, or even buying certain toys. Yes, like me they may just buy the closest fit and make do; and from a business perspective it's all good because you've gotten the payment, but I feel like chicks are getting the short end of the stick...so to speak. I've not seen as many complaints that toys aren't big enough. But if that's the case, there should be an XL varka. Duke and chance. But please, remember the pussies.

I agree 100% with this.

Also I would like to add that alot of the "small" sizes way too small. I think toys like the ridgeback, xenogon, and naga should have their smalls bumped up at least an inch or two. The Tentacle I think doesn't even need a small.

I too share the "smalls too small" sentiment and crave an extra inch or two but apparently we're the minority :(
The tentacle's small is ridiculous, probably more of the mass is in the base than the toy itself >.<
PixieDix

Postby PixieDix » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Sarmanikan wrote:See, that's the thing. Some people want something between Small and Medium, some want something between Medium and Large, and others want a XL size. Expect that if "More toy sizes" turns out to be something people want in the survey, that we'll do a second survey finding out which toys in particular and what sizes people would be interested in!

I really haven't seen very many who are asking for a larger size than is currently available. A couple? Sure. No offence to florafreak, but he is definitely in the minority. On top of that, if you look at sales figures, I'm sure they'll point to the fact that the xl's sell the least. Therefore, in my mind, there isn't really a dilemma here. Now, if I'm wrong, please correct me with some sales figures.

I think it really boils down to whether or not you want to continue to cater to the minorities and not grow as a company by increasing size with an XL, or try to open up your line to more buyers, including women, by making the size gaps not so large.

I've never heard: "I'd buy this if it's an XL, but since it's not big enough, I'll pass".

But I can't count the times I've heard: "this small size is too small/ med is too big - thus I can't buy this one that I really really want" etc.

Lots and lots. It's all over the forums and the feedback threads.

If you have threads somewhere that I haven't seen with people asking over and over for XL sizes bigger than what you've got already, please show me.

Polls will probably help. If they're set up properly. For example: It would be nice to know what toys people have not purchase because they could not find the right size, then which size it is they were looking for. Also, someone who wants an XL if they already have one of that toy doesn't carry as much weight as someone who is unable to purchase a toy at all, because they cant find a good size. Why? Because the one who already has one doesn't feel left out like the one who can't even find a good size. Customer satisfaction. It's number 1.
Last edited by PixieDix on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.:..::...:: Mine Arts ::...::..:.

::Sculptor of the Cockatrice::
PixieDix

Postby PixieDix » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Kynx wrote:Pixie, what is meant by XL is simple for most who remember the back story to the Gryphon's four sizes. The XL Gryphon was the original large, but it was too big and not many people were buying it. Then the current "Large Gryphon" came to be. What people now are asking in extra sizes is not for an XL, but for the current larges (like the Gryphon) to be labeled XL and make new larges.
Yes, there are also some requesting new mediums, but truthfully my vote's in for new Lg's on a couple of toys, and that's where most of the debate's been among those who have reviewed or spoken up about the current stream of sizing.
And not new sizing in dimensions completely, I know if you change one thing to a specification but not the rest it throws off the whole original dimensions and looks of the toy. When I say, and I guess some others who understand that sentiment are saying, is find the go between.
Answer the questions of "What would the total dimensions of the Breeder, Vergil, Razor, Naga, Chance, etc. be if the total length/usable length was between such and such (Sm-Med or Med-Lg, whatever get's the highest vote)?"
No one's demanding "change the toy," they're saying "add a size." More options, highly possible, more money.

Well, I could certainly be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that florafreak is refering to a new XL size. He's mentioned it several times. And I believe this is also what Sarmanikan is refering to as well.

I don't fault them for wanting a larger size, everyone has preference, but I don't think that there has been any indication that going larger is anything more than just a few individuals at most. I could certainly be wrong about that too, but I haven't seen anything to indicate it.

PixieDix

Postby PixieDix » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Kynx wrote:
PixieDix wrote:
Kynx wrote:Pixie, what is meant by XL is simple for most who remember the back story to the Gryphon's four sizes. The XL Gryphon was the original large, but it was too big and not many people were buying it. Then the current "Large Gryphon" came to be. What people now are asking in extra sizes is not for an XL, but for the current larges (like the Gryphon) to be labeled XL and make new larges.
Yes, there are also some requesting new mediums, but truthfully my vote's in for new Lg's on a couple of toys, and that's where most of the debate's been among those who have reviewed or spoken up about the current stream of sizing.
And not new sizing in dimensions completely, I know if you change one thing to a specification but not the rest it throws off the whole original dimensions and looks of the toy. When I say, and I guess some others who understand that sentiment are saying, is find the go between.
Answer the questions of "What would the total dimensions of the Breeder, Vergil, Razor, Naga, Chance, etc. be if the total length/usable length was between such and such (Sm-Med or Med-Lg, whatever get's the highest vote)?"
No one's demanding "change the toy," they're saying "add a size." More options, highly possible, more money.

Well, I could certainly be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that florafreak is refering to a new XL size. He's mentioned it several times. And I believe this is also what Sarmanikan is refering to as well.

I don't fault them for wanting a larger size, everyone has preference, but I don't think that there has been any indication that going larger is anything more than just a few individuals at most. I could certainly be wrong about that too, but I haven't seen anything to indicate it.

I'm frightened if anyone can fit larger than the Lg. Vergil and XL Gryphon, but that's still a huge minority. More power to them if they can take more, but that's not financially possible to make such a thing and have it sell less than the already Larges of all the toys and XL Gryphon. The biggest gaps I ever see are between medium and Lg. There's barely a noticeable jump from sm. to med. on any toy and those that are speaking up about those barely noticeable details are not asking for an added size(it seems), but a full alteration of the toy, its just not right to change one part of the toy and leave all other parts of it the same. It's not the same toy after that. You can't make the Naga longer but keep the same size knot, or shrink the knot of the Vergil and keep the same length. It just wouldn't be the same toy, all proportions need to add up to the same toy if people want more sizes.

I'm not sure I agree that it's wrong to change just parts of the toy, if that's what makes it usable, sell-able, and that's what the majority wants. For example, if a toy happens to be too thick at larger sizes, but smaller sizes are too short for the overwhelming majority, then I think changing the lengths is definitely a viable solution. This takes more work before production starts, IMHO could definitely extend the sellability of a toy. This idea IMHO would only be used where it was overwhelmingly obvious that a certain size would be very unusable, and should certainly not be done if it was to hurt the range of sizes available. But certainly, making a usable range without doing any tweaking of the model at different sizes should be the primary goal.

PixieDix

Postby PixieDix » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Kynx wrote:BD needs to get on that survey real soon and send it to anyone not just on newsletters, but to those who have given their contact information in the shopping cart as well since it's been said most BD fans and customers (that bought toys) aren't forum goers.

Good point. It would be wise to try to find a good way to get as many customers as possible, (not just current forum-goers) active in such a poll.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”