/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Niah » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:29 pm

LittleRedVixen wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:
LittleRedVixen wrote:Has anyone ever gotten a custom 3 color marble from BD based on a picture? Will they do that?
I am willing to pay the money for a three-color marble, but I am not sure which colors would suit my inspiration the best. Since it is a gemstone, there are lot's of pictures of it and it would be way easier to just send that to them.

If you show them the picture, CS will suggest some colors to try to match up with it - sometimes even old colors that are no longer listed on the website but still do-able (like colors from old naturals, signatures, previous sales, etc.). I don't think they'll accept the picture by itself, it's more helpful to just have a full conversation with them to help decide on what would look best on the toy.

Hope that helps.


That helps a lot, thank you. I will contact CS when I am ready to order and hope we can work something out


Yeah, I have several customs, one of which is a two color marble shaft and a different color base and Elise was great with helping me pick colors based on a pic I'd linked her in the chat. That was when they actually did live chats.
30/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
DesireDemon
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm
Gender: Female

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DesireDemon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Harbenz wrote:I don't use chaturbate, but reading their terms and conditions is like the Disney Channel of porn, all super vanilla. I doubt this being a trend, but xtube, that has a quite kinky community, lately has censored some stupid words. sigh.

What i really don't get is that Ika and Tako are considered ok but they're the ones that resemble an animal more than any of the other toys to me lol.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10411
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:50 pm

DesireDemon wrote:
Harbenz wrote:I don't use chaturbate, but reading their terms and conditions is like the Disney Channel of porn, all super vanilla. I doubt this being a trend, but xtube, that has a quite kinky community, lately has censored some stupid words. sigh.

What i really don't get is that Ika and Tako are considered ok but they're the ones that resemble an animal more than any of the other toys to me lol.


Yeah? I personally can't see it with toys like Ika. Just reminds me of something you'd see in Hentai, like the standard tenti monster. Toys like Rex, Chance, and a handful of others are pretty darn feral and look like they fell off an actual animal. Those ones in particular seem to bother a lot of people the most.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
DesireDemon
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm
Gender: Female

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DesireDemon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
DesireDemon wrote:
Harbenz wrote:I don't use chaturbate, but reading their terms and conditions is like the Disney Channel of porn, all super vanilla. I doubt this being a trend, but xtube, that has a quite kinky community, lately has censored some stupid words. sigh.

What i really don't get is that Ika and Tako are considered ok but they're the ones that resemble an animal more than any of the other toys to me lol.


Yeah? I personally can't see it with toys like Ika. Just reminds me of something you'd see in Hentai, like the standard tenti monster. Toys like Rex, Chance, and a handful of others are pretty darn feral and look like they fell off an actual animal. Those ones in particular seem to bother a lot of people the most.

Tentacle stuff started off very much based on actual squid/octopi and both Ika and Tako look like real tentacles with suckers like the IRL mollusks . I feel like most generic tentacle stuff in modern tentacle stuff tends to not have the suckers and are usually just generic smooth (more like thick vines really actually more like Kona ). But yeah it's actually like a really old concept in porn and art when it comes to humans with animals/beasts. :eyeroll:
User avatar
Fruityrumpusasshole
Posts: 2958
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:39 am
Gender: F

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Fruityrumpusasshole » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:58 pm

DesireDemon wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:
DesireDemon wrote:What i really don't get is that Ika and Tako are considered ok but they're the ones that resemble an animal more than any of the other toys to me lol.


Yeah? I personally can't see it with toys like Ika. Just reminds me of something you'd see in Hentai, like the standard tenti monster. Toys like Rex, Chance, and a handful of others are pretty darn feral and look like they fell off an actual animal. Those ones in particular seem to bother a lot of people the most.

Tentacle stuff started off very much based on actual squid/octopi and both Ika and Tako look like real tentacles with suckers like the IRL mollusks . I feel like most generic tentacle stuff in modern tentacle stuff tends to not have the suckers and are usually just generic smooth (more like thick vines really actually more like Kona ). But yeah it's actually like a really old concept in porn and art when it comes to humans with animals/beasts. :eyeroll:

Tale of a fishermans wife, anyone?
Физкульт привет
User avatar
CakeLurker
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby CakeLurker » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:52 am

Jaynix wrote:Me, Demogorgon release: Nah, don't like it. I'll pass.

Me, Present Day: Why do I want it so badly?

Why do I do this with almost every toy? :laugh:

^ This is me lately with multiple models, including Demogorgon. I usually don't bat an eye at a toy upon release but about 6 or more months later I'll have a sudden want for it.

I think the only toy I really jumped on upon release or as close as to release as possible was Pearce. But everything else has either been given a pass more or less until I get second thoughts. Though no matter how hard I try to reason with myself, Demo really wouldn't work out but gosh darn if that design wasn't so damn alluring!! :excited:
ImageI made some emojis! Image Feel free to use them for your forum needs! :D Instructions in spoiler!Image

► Show Spoiler

If the dick is not an eldritch abomination, it's not a monster dong.
User avatar
DesireDemon
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm
Gender: Female

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DesireDemon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
DesireDemon wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Yeah? I personally can't see it with toys like Ika. Just reminds me of something you'd see in Hentai, like the standard tenti monster. Toys like Rex, Chance, and a handful of others are pretty darn feral and look like they fell off an actual animal. Those ones in particular seem to bother a lot of people the most.

Tentacle stuff started off very much based on actual squid/octopi and both Ika and Tako look like real tentacles with suckers like the IRL mollusks . I feel like most generic tentacle stuff in modern tentacle stuff tends to not have the suckers and are usually just generic smooth (more like thick vines really actually more like Kona ). But yeah it's actually like a really old concept in porn and art when it comes to humans with animals/beasts. :eyeroll:

Tale of a fishermans wife, anyone?

I saw Picasso's version XD
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F / lesbian
Location: Canada

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby reine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Sad news: Legacy Mary can't be ordered anymore, even via ticket. :sniffing:

I really don't like the look of the new version, but I also don't know how I feel about buying secondhand... I'll keep an eye out for a legacy Mary in Onyx (or similar), though.

Think there's a chance (ha ha) that they might drop some in the next legacy sale?
Last edited by reine on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:misc11: :misc8: 35 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Fruityrumpusasshole
Posts: 2958
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:39 am
Gender: F

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Fruityrumpusasshole » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:06 pm

reine wrote:Sad news: Legacy Mary can't be ordered anymore, even via ticket. :sniffing:

I really don't like the look of the new version, but I also don't know how I feel about buying secondhand... I'll keep an eye out for a legacy Mary in Onyx (or similar), though.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Shit, there goes my country orange (or close) legacy mary :misc6: :sniffing:
She was such a hot toy to play with, even without the correct bits..
Физкульт привет
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F / lesbian
Location: Canada

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby reine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
reine wrote:Sad news: Legacy Mary can't be ordered anymore, even via ticket. :sniffing:

I really don't like the look of the new version, but I also don't know how I feel about buying secondhand... I'll keep an eye out for a legacy Mary in Onyx (or similar), though.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Shit, there goes my country orange (or close) legacy mary :misc6: :sniffing:
She was such a hot toy to play with, even without the correct bits..


I'm not sure why, either! :doh: Maybe something is wrong with the mould? Since they (AFAIK) can still pour Mokos and Lukas at the legacy markup...

I just remembered that BD sometimes does legacy drops, so I guess I'll keep an eye out in case they happen to drop any legacy Marys. I'd really like to get a new/unused one if I could, but it looks like I might have to go for secondhand, especially since I'm after a certain colour.
:misc11: :misc8: 35 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
spiralcatfox
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:08 pm
Gender: I'm a nonbinary weenie

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby spiralcatfox » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:28 pm

reine wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
reine wrote:Sad news: Legacy Mary can't be ordered anymore, even via ticket. :sniffing:

I really don't like the look of the new version, but I also don't know how I feel about buying secondhand... I'll keep an eye out for a legacy Mary in Onyx (or similar), though.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Shit, there goes my country orange (or close) legacy mary :misc6: :sniffing:
She was such a hot toy to play with, even without the correct bits..


I'm not sure why, either! :doh: Maybe something is wrong with the mould? Since they (AFAIK) can still pour Mokos and Lukas at the legacy markup...

I just remembered that BD sometimes does legacy drops, so I guess I'll keep an eye out in case they happen to drop any legacy Marys. I'd really like to get a new/unused one if I could, but it looks like I might have to go for secondhand, especially since I'm after a certain colour.



Yeah, your best bet would be waiting for a surprise! Legacy drop that might occur this year unfortunately. :<

Its so weird why BD would just drop a model as well loved as the first Mary. Almost everyone recommended her as a first penetratable, and BD retired her so suddenly without any explanation... :|
2/bear/forest

Looking for: Med/5 Xar in guardian blue, or a blue shaft with a gray base

I'm selling a mini Cortez and DA Jav on dragon-hoard ^^

Accurate BD size chart made by forum users

((Sorry for any typos, I'm on mobile;; ))
User avatar
Jasmine
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SoCal

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Jasmine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:32 pm

I'm guessing something happened to the Mary molds, if they're not offering it as a legacy. Maybe that was what spurred on the redesign originally?

Whatever it is, it's understandably disappointing.
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
Avatar designed by Chibity
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F / lesbian
Location: Canada

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby reine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:36 pm

spiralcatfox wrote:Yeah, your best bet would be waiting for a surprise! Legacy drop that might occur this year unfortunately. :<

Its so weird why BD would just drop a model as well loved as the first Mary. Almost everyone recommended her as a first penetratable, and BD retired her so suddenly without any explanation... :|


It's weird to me, too. :[ I guess they figured she was too "plain" on the outside and wanted to spruce her up a bit? The model was 7/8 years old, I think, so they probably felt she was due for an update... Which I understand, but the new Mary feels too much like a fancier Sugar Star/MLP toy for me. I think it's the smoothness and how compact the entrance/butthole are??

The part I don't get is why you can't even order one at the 150% legacy price when you can order several other legacies just fine. :mystery: IIRC you can't custom order really old toys like the Legacy Dolphin (which I heard has a faulty mould now), either, so maybe Mary's mould was old and wearing out?

I saw a post from October 2017 saying "Yes, you can order legacy Mary at the 150% markup", but I guess that blew over... I just replied to my ticket to ask if they're allowed to disclose why she's unavailable, but I'm worried I came off as pushy. ;___; Gah.

edit: Does anyone remember if BD dropped any legacy Marys during the last legacy sale? Trying to decide whether I should post a WTB thread on Dragon-Hoard or just wait for BD's next legacy drop.
:misc11: :misc8: 35 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Grimly Fiendish
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 11:07 pm
Location: Ogresville

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 pm

reine wrote:It's weird to me, too. :[ I guess they figured she was too "plain" on the outside and wanted to spruce her up a bit? The model was 7/8 years old, I think, so they probably felt she was due for an update...


The shaft on legacy Mary was very thin. Not just smooth, it lacked adequate mass IMO. The entrance area was unnecessarily large (I understand that the large entrance area appealed to a lot of people, but it was still larger than it needed to be). Too much mass up front, not enough in the back.
User avatar
chickadee
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Upstate New York

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby chickadee » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:
The shaft on legacy Mary was very thin. Not just smooth, it lacked adequate mass IMO. The entrance area was unnecessarily large (I understand that the large entrance area appealed to a lot of people, but it was still larger than it needed to be). Too much mass up front, not enough in the back.


I can definitely attest to this.
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F / lesbian
Location: Canada

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby reine » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 am

Got a response from CS!

Legacy Mary was orderable for a while after the model was revamped, but they made the decision to retire her after a few months.

That's as much information as they could give, but it's nice to have a more in-depth answer. I kinda want to ask if she might show up in a Legacy sale, but I don't want to ask too many questions. Looks like it's off to Dragon-Hoard for me, haha...
:misc11: :misc8: 35 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
tangrith
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:53 am
Gender: male

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby tangrith » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Anyone know why Bad-Dragon seems to not really update the inventory on their site anymore? I rarely "designed" my own toys, but just bought the ones that appeared on their site which fit with what I wanted. But for the last few months their stock has just continued to dwindle.
User avatar
KnotyDes
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South of SF

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby KnotyDes » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:16 pm

tangrith wrote:Anyone know why Bad-Dragon seems to not really update the inventory on their site anymore? I rarely "designed" my own toys, but just bought the ones that appeared on their site which fit with what I wanted. But for the last few months their stock has just continued to dwindle.

Black Friday sale messed them up really good. Then all the holiday stuff hit. So their back log was epic.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
sneks toys
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Gender: Female
Location: NE Ohio

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby sneks toys » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 pm

tangrith wrote:Anyone know why Bad-Dragon seems to not really update the inventory on their site anymore? I rarely "designed" my own toys, but just bought the ones that appeared on their site which fit with what I wanted. But for the last few months their stock has just continued to dwindle.

From what I heard, they dropped like, 200 toys during the spring cleaning sale, but they went super fast. I didn't even get to see any of them. The sale was kinda lame anyways, when you consider that BD sales in the past were usually 15-20% off (and the toys were cheaper too!).
F/♋/20/Bi/Monster Fucker

SELLING ON DRAGON HOARD
User avatar
TheOtherDude
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Gender: M straight w/vag envy
Location: Germany

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby TheOtherDude » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Last year they also had a special sale with gifts to every order for St. Patrick's Day as well.
This year it's discounted colorations only... which actually end one day before the actual St. Patrick's Day. Lol.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests