Dildos as a hobby?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
silvarak

Dildos as a hobby?

Postby silvarak » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:02 am

I have a bit of time on my hands,little bit of $$ coming in and a bunch of ideas that I want to turn into reality.
Blue ritual HAD a guide , is there any videos or websites that would be really handy in doing so?
Even if you have some information and tops would be nice.
Owns:
Valentine colors medium tentacle
small dragon tongue -black base, red tongue.
small legacy desi medium firmness
small legacy xeno medium firmness

~Wishlist~
Small fantasy in either white or light blue
mini flint in steampunk colors
BlastShelter

Re: Dildos as a hobby?

Postby BlastShelter » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Buy a robot arm and built your own fuck machine 2.0 (and develope code and electronic/robotics skills).
I'll get you next time, Knot! Next time!
Last one alive lock the door.
Grigori

Postby Grigori » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:51 pm

I've been looking into that recently. So far, one of the best tutorials I've found:

https://vimeo.com/candiru

start from the bottom of the list.
silvarak

Postby silvarak » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Grigori wrote:I've been looking into that recently. So far, one of the best tutorials I've found:

https://vimeo.com/candiru

start from the bottom of the list.

Thanks . :)

Though I still have some questions
What toy ideas I should go with
What about pricing
How to promote yourself?
Owns:

~Wishlist~
Grigori

Postby Grigori » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:41 am

silvarak wrote:Thanks . :)

What about pricing
How to promote yourself?

Well those are more of marketing and economics kinds of question... Some general advice, but there is no hard numbers or strategy:

The community around silicone toys seems to be very demanding in terms of looks, sizes and shapes. So a few things to consider are the models in itself, you need something new and eye catching to start off, and the more sizes the more people might be wanting to drop some cash for your model, like shoe sizes, everyone needs a different one. Interesting pours can attract peoples that collect or fantasize characters around the toys.

Pricing should at least cover your costs (including materials, your time and offset the investment in the production capital) and assure some profit if you want to keep doing it in long term. You need to use platinum silicone, there is no cheapening out option here, and people are willing to pay for the body-safe material.

Promotion is very tricky. Reading marketing textbooks about "How to launch a product" will help tons, focus on the costumer support and have a nice website. Again having an eye catching model goes a long way in success, as people will talk about it and show in forums, post videos etc. This seems to be the best way to promote your work in this market.

I wish you tons of luck and am eager to see your ideas. I might take this route in a few years, but as of now, life, work, money and time it is simply no way for me to learn silicone pouring process and set up this sort of small business.
silvarak

Postby silvarak » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Grigori wrote:

What about pricing
How to promote yourself?

Well those are more of marketing and economics kinds of question... Some general advice, but there is no hard numbers or strategy:

The community around silicone toys seems to be very demanding in terms of looks, sizes and shapes. So a few things to consider are the models in itself, you need something new and eye catching to start off, and the more sizes the more people might be wanting to drop some cash for your model, like shoe sizes, everyone needs a different one. Interesting pours can attract peoples that collect or fantasize characters around the toys.

Pricing should at least cover your costs (including materials, your time and offset the investment in the production capital) and assure some profit if you want to keep doing it in long term. You need to use platinum silicone, there is no cheapening out option here, and people are willing to pay for the body-safe material.

Promotion is very tricky. Reading marketing textbooks about "How to launch a product" will help tons, focus on the costumer support and have a nice website. Again having an eye catching model goes a long way in success, as people will talk about it and show in forums, post videos etc. This seems to be the best way to promote your work in this market.

I wish you tons of luck and am eager to see your ideas. I might take this route in a few years, but as of now, life, work, money and time it is simply no way for me to learn silicone pouring process and set up this sort of small business.

Makes sense.
Looking at dragon skin silicone, do you need a degassing chamber?
Owns:

~Wishlist~
Villie

Postby Villie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 pm

silvarak wrote:
Grigori wrote:

What about pricing
How to promote yourself?

Makes sense.
Looking at dragon skin silicone, do you need a degassing chamber?

You need a degassing chamber no matter what. Even on the plat cure silicone that says "no vacuum"
seeking: BD: kippy, mini egg plug
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
BlastShelter

Postby BlastShelter » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:33 pm

silvarak wrote:Looking at dragon skin silicone, do you need a degassing chamber?

I looked in the Internet and you can make one DIY with a steel pot and a compressor
silvarak

Postby silvarak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:35 am

BlastShelter wrote:
silvarak wrote:Looking at dragon skin silicone, do you need a degassing chamber?

I looked in the Internet and you can make one DIY with a steel pot and a compressor

Ohhhh that should help . :)

Is all of smooth on/ dragon skin body safe?
Owns:

~Wishlist~
BlastShelter

Postby BlastShelter » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:25 am

silvarak wrote:Is all of smooth on/ dragon skin body safe?

Check the technical labels before buy. If it is skin safe, they have the logo of de ISO rules.

Return to “General Discussion”