/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
blushingkitten

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Niah wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:
Niah wrote:
6.5 inches around at the largest point on the bulb/head, then I think 5 at the thinnest point of the shaft, and I think he was 6 at the knot at the bottom. It may have been 6.5, so don't take my word on it (parents are around or else I'd get mine out and measure him).

Thanks! How do you like yours?

My first time with him wasn't the best, but the second was absolutely fantastic. He's very floppy thanks to how thin his shaft is between the head/bulb and knot, and that helps him hit some nice spots inside, lol. He's a favorite and I'm looking at getting a medium (well, onesize) now. He's very different from my other toys and despite how large his head is, he slides in so smoothly thanks to his shape.

What firmness is yours? Does he feel textured?
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:31 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
Niah wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:
Thanks! How do you like yours?

My first time with him wasn't the best, but the second was absolutely fantastic. He's very floppy thanks to how thin his shaft is between the head/bulb and knot, and that helps him hit some nice spots inside, lol. He's a favorite and I'm looking at getting a medium (well, onesize) now. He's very different from my other toys and despite how large his head is, he slides in so smoothly thanks to his shape.

What firmness is yours? Does he feel textured?

He's in 5. I'm not too sensitive, so I don't really feel much texture at all. He's completely without that printer texture, so despite the petals of his head and the other details on his knot he's actually very smooth feeling to me. He's very pleasurable, mainly because of his head design. I don't even really notice the girth of his head much at all. It does give me the feeling of being knotted twice, in a way. I guess his head is best compared to any number of brood eggs you can get from one of the other sites. I rather like it. To clarify, I don't do much thrusting at all with him. The thinness after his head makes him awkward and floppy, so I prefer to sit on him and just do a bit riding/grinding back and forth on him. His flexibility lets me take him to the base without any cervix poking or anything uncomfortable.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:57 pm

Maybe there's a lot more failed customs in the Adopts than I recognize (going from what they've said they will and won't do) but is it not weird that they do such consistent large drops despite having such a long custom wait? I mean, FB has a long wait time too, but they don't do drops anywhere near as often, and usually only for event colors. If BD has so many customs to fill that it's taking months, why on earth are they using their molds on Frankenpours? :psyduck:
Kith

Postby Kith » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:01 pm

canonkiller wrote:why on earth are they using their molds on Frankenpours?

If I had to guess, it's so that they don't have to throw out the excess silicone from making other toys.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:03 pm

canonkiller wrote:Maybe there's a lot more failed customs in the Adopts than I recognize (going from what they've said they will and won't do) but is it not weird that they do such consistent large drops despite having such a long custom wait? I mean, FB has a long wait time too, but they don't do drops anywhere near as often, and usually only for event colors. If BD has so many customs to fill that it's taking months, why on earth are they using their molds on Frankenpours? :psyduck:

Leftover silicone is expensive, too expensive not to use in a frankenpour. My question is why they have leftover silicone in the first place. Also, adoptions are a great way to train new people, test out colors, and sell flops and other things. It's worth it for a business the size of BD to devote some people to adoptions because it's profitable. However, the amount of dropped toys is so few compared the the amount of custom orders they get, it really probably takes up very little of their time overall.
miss_kofuku

Postby miss_kofuku » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
canonkiller wrote:Maybe there's a lot more failed customs in the Adopts than I recognize (going from what they've said they will and won't do) but is it not weird that they do such consistent large drops despite having such a long custom wait? I mean, FB has a long wait time too, but they don't do drops anywhere near as often, and usually only for event colors. If BD has so many customs to fill that it's taking months, why on earth are they using their molds on Frankenpours? :psyduck:

Leftover silicone is expensive, too expensive not to use in a frankenpour. My question is why they have leftover silicone in the first place. Also, adoptions are a great way to train new people, test out colors, and sell flops and other things. It's worth it for a business the size of BD to devote some people to adoptions because it's profitable. However, the amount of dropped toys is so few compared the the amount of custom orders they get, it really probably takes up very little of their time overall.

Agreed, there's something horribly wrong that some frankenpours seem to result in such an excess of silicone that, in some cases, almost fill an entire toy, with a bit of a second color. I understand needing a little extra, but there would ideally be so little that its what goes into teenies...
Last edited by miss_kofuku on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kofuku, resident Goddess

Sold to: Drayco, x6black6cat6x, Kap, MattMarshall178, justahornycpl, m13t, setekh, Rambus, vixenvega, wolfstardobe, imhereforeskin
Traded with: Armomen
:blush:
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Kith wrote:

If I had to guess, it's so that they don't have to throw out the excess silicone from making other toys.

BD needs to invest in some squishies to add to their merch line. :stick: But I mean it would make more sense to at least use them on models less people order, or that have far options in customs now. Like the sheaths - they either get bought quick, or never drop. Seems weird to drop a lot of stuff from popular models when the customs are so long. Yknow?
The Winter Fire

Postby The Winter Fire » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Or you could say screw it to the whole adopts thing and learn silicone black magic like Exotic Erotics. Guess Bad Dragon isn't interested in dick witchcraft. :widesmile:
I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night!~

Male - FTM - Panromantic - Homosexual

Owns:
Crash - Small - 5 - Frankenpour
Crackers - Mini - 5 - Suction Cup - Sky Blue
ShadowHawk

Postby ShadowHawk » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:25 pm

blushingkitten wrote:What are the measurements of the small Hanns? They aren't on the product page anymore, so I'm curious.

Huh, I didn't even know that Hanns got downgraded to a onesize. Hope that doesn't mean he's on his way out the door...
Toys owned: Too many to count!
Kith

Postby Kith » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm

canonkiller wrote:BD needs to invest in some squishies to add to their merch line. :stick: But I mean it would make more sense to at least use them on models less people order, or that have far options in customs now. Like the sheaths - they either get bought quick, or never drop. Seems weird to drop a lot of stuff from popular models when the customs are so long. Yknow?

Well, if I were a business, I'd want to make sure that my adoptions got bought quickly... which would mean doing a good bit of the frankenpours in popular models. It's a calculated risk, but with better odds than doing the frankenpours of mostly unpopular stuff. The sheaths and penetrables (and some insertables) are limited in firmness options, so unless the extra silicone is already the proper firmness, it can't be used for those.

Amaranthe wrote:My question is why they have leftover silicone in the first place.

My first thought is that fades and marbles don't necessarily require a constant amount of the colors involved, so they have to make enough to fill the mold even if things get weird. Depending on batch size and whether it's a custom or stock color, they may have anywhere between zero left over (in-stock color that a toy later in the queue also has, and can be used immediately) to a whole toy's worth (flop insurance on a custom that went perfect first try). Whether this is actually the case, I dunno.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
queeroqueso

Postby queeroqueso » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:37 pm

I really hate to see the shift from unique customs to in-stocks, most of which, frankly, I feel are ugly. I don't have disposable income or time to stalk the adoptions page. I save up for every toy I own. I get that for most people, in-stocks are great, especially if you're not picky about color or firmnesses, and have the money to buy toys as they drop... but the Hanns thing really bums me out. There are 7 smalls in-stock, 4 of which are a solid color. I get some pretty severe cramps because of PCOS, often times from too big/too firm toys, and that extra inch in circumference makes all the difference from "perfect" to "oh dear god get it out asap". So that extra inch is pretty significant. And also considering most in-stocks drop in 5 firmness, which is too hard at 6 inches circumference... eh.

I just hate that they would rather us stalk the flops, for a size in very limited firmnesses and colors? Most of the in-stocks are a solid color. If I'm spending that much money on a toy, I want it to fit my exact specifications- special colors, suction cups, the works. Right now on the adoptions page, most toys I see are a single color with no extras. I just feel like they're really trying to discourage people from ordering customs now, with the price hike for what used to be default colors and the size/color pruning. I don't want to settle for something because it's all that's left. If I'm going to be spending 100$+, it better be absolutely perfect, and I don't mind waiting months if that's what it takes.

It's just, for a company that prides itself on "making your fantasy real", it feels like they are shifting away from that mentality.
► Show Spoiler
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:48 pm

canonkiller wrote:
Kith wrote:

BD needs to invest in some squishies to add to their merch line. :stick: But I mean it would make more sense to at least use them on models less people order, or that have far options in customs now. Like the sheaths - they either get bought quick, or never drop. Seems weird to drop a lot of stuff from popular models when the customs are so long. Yknow?

I would love squishies :stick:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:34 am

just kinda skimmed over this whole recent situation... but doesn't make much sense that BD would be removing colors and telling people to contact support about custom colors meanwhile significantly reducing the custom options they're willing to do.
seems like a huge slap in the face to anyone whos a fan of BD...

edit: then again, if it's what they have to do to get wait times and quality under control then maybe it's for the better...
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Amaranthe wrote:

oh possibly yes. training mad scientist, art of colors. learning

ShadowHawk wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:What are the measurements of the small Hanns? They aren't on the product page anymore, so I'm curious.

Huh, I didn't even know that Hanns got downgraded to a onesize. Hope that doesn't mean he's on his way out the door...

Hans did get a full run?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:08 pm

kuroyami wrote: Hans did get a full run?

He previously had a small and a medium. However, now it's been realized that he only has one size (which used to be medium).
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
The Winter Fire

Postby The Winter Fire » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:18 pm

He had a small and a medium. Medium is now onesize.
I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night!~

Male - FTM - Panromantic - Homosexual

Owns:
Crash - Small - 5 - Frankenpour
Crackers - Mini - 5 - Suction Cup - Sky Blue
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:20 pm

I wonder why the recent promos have had such short descriptions. I know that the new products have had no story but it's kinda weird seeing these sales with like one line descriptions. Not that it really matters to me, just interesting to notice
ShadowHawk

Postby ShadowHawk » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:26 pm

He had a small and a medium, now it's just the one size.
Toys owned: Too many to count!
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:59 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:I wonder why the recent promos have had such short descriptions. I know that the new products have had no story but it's kinda weird seeing these sales with like one line descriptions. Not that it really matters to me, just interesting to notice

Same here. Also the lack of forum thread, even though maybe they'll do it later ? :mystery:
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:22 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:I wonder why the recent promos have had such short descriptions. I know that the new products have had no story but it's kinda weird seeing these sales with like one line descriptions. Not that it really matters to me, just interesting to notice

Same here. Also the lack of forum thread, even though maybe they'll do it later ? :mystery:

Maybe it's not a big enough deal? It's really just an inventory drop rather than a custom color (it doesn't even have a name). Cool color, but after them taking out a lot of the toy colors it's not really a big surprise they're avoiding more customs with this too.

Kind of a bummer, since all the previous Easter/spring sales were boring solids. This time they come out with a neat marble but only as a drop :/ Maybe you could still ask for it but $50 or so since it's 5 or 6 colored marble? Bad timing I guess.
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-

Return to “General Discussion”