/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Niah

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Niah » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:38 pm

If the Easter marbles were metallic or pearlescent in some way then I might have been interested. As it is, they're matte so I'm not interested and they also didn't drop any in any models/sizes/firmnesses that interest me to begin with.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:40 pm

miss_kofuku wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
canonkiller wrote:Maybe there's a lot more failed customs in the Adopts than I recognize (going from what they've said they will and won't do) but is it not weird that they do such consistent large drops despite having such a long custom wait? I mean, FB has a long wait time too, but they don't do drops anywhere near as often, and usually only for event colors. If BD has so many customs to fill that it's taking months, why on earth are they using their molds on Frankenpours? :psyduck:

Leftover silicone is expensive, too expensive not to use in a frankenpour. My question is why they have leftover silicone in the first place. Also, adoptions are a great way to train new people, test out colors, and sell flops and other things. It's worth it for a business the size of BD to devote some people to adoptions because it's profitable. However, the amount of dropped toys is so few compared the the amount of custom orders they get, it really probably takes up very little of their time overall.

Agreed, there's something horribly wrong that some frankenpours seem to result in such an excess of silicone that, in some cases, almost fill an entire toy, with a bit of a second color. I understand needing a little extra, but there would ideally be so little that its what goes into teenies...

Guys. Frankenpours are great. Some people like getting discounts on toys...why are they such a problem?
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
HurricaneLane

Postby HurricaneLane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Is shipping through FedEx no longer an option? I went to get an Alice from the Easter drop and only UPS is available. Anybody else suddenly not have FedEx anymore? I chose them as an option for my custom order just 4 days ago, so I'm wondering why I can't now. I live in the great white north.
► Show Spoiler
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:50 pm

HurricaneLane wrote:Is shipping through FedEx no longer an option? I went to get an Alice from the Easter drop and only UPS is available. Anybody else suddenly not have FedEx anymore? I chose them as an option for my custom order just 4 days ago, so I'm wondering why I can't now. I live in the great white north.

Still an option for me, east coast US. :mystery:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Question; why is it called a sale when there's no discount and it's in-stocks? Wouldn't that be a drop or an event? :eyeroll:
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:25 pm

canonkiller wrote:Question; why is it called a sale when there's no discount and it's in-stocks? Wouldn't that be a drop or an event? :eyeroll:

Sale doesn't have to mean "discount". They are still selling stuff. So Easter sale = selling Easter stuff!
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:33 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
canonkiller wrote:Question; why is it called a sale when there's no discount and it's in-stocks? Wouldn't that be a drop or an event? :eyeroll:

Sale doesn't have to mean "discount". They are still selling stuff. So Easter sale = selling Easter stuff!

To be fair, it /is/ misleading though. This is a thing that has consistently bugged me about BD's 'sales' ...though they had been better about that until recently.

The Easter marble doesn't interest me personally, but it does look nice on Echo ...I think he looks nice in lighter colors. But I'm just not a huge fan of pastels.
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Thank god I haven't been the only one thinking them labeling these things as "Sales" Are complete bullshit :unamused: :eyeroll:

If you are giving a discount, call it a sale! If you are just dropping colors, Call it a color promotion...

I wish there would be a real SALE soon as I would love to pick up a Mini Clayton! :doh:
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:43 pm

I like the look of the Mars color, but I'm not sure what it'd look good on. I think Clayton would look great, but he's not really on my list at the moment. As for the others on my list, I've already decided on two of them; the other two are ones I'd prefer to be marbles or something like that.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
The Winter Fire

Postby The Winter Fire » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Is it just me, or is the Mars coloration not showing up as a color choice at all? On any toys?
I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night!~

Male - FTM - Panromantic - Homosexual

Owns:
Crash - Small - 5 - Frankenpour
Crackers - Mini - 5 - Suction Cup - Sky Blue
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:11 pm

The Winter Fire wrote:Is it just me, or is the Mars coloration not showing up as a color choice at all? On any toys?

Not just you. lizardbreath mentioned the same thing. I'm soon they'll edit it in soon.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:38 pm

HungryStray wrote:
The Winter Fire wrote:Is it just me, or is the Mars coloration not showing up as a color choice at all? On any toys?

Not just you. lizardbreath mentioned the same thing. I'm soon they'll edit it in soon.

*waves*

wonder if we'll have to wait until Monday :sniffing:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
miss_kofuku

Postby miss_kofuku » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:57 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
HungryStray wrote:

*waves*

It's there!!!
It just looks very unexpected and is placed randomly in the top instead of last:
marsisreal.png
~Kofuku, resident Goddess

Sold to: Drayco, x6black6cat6x, Kap, MattMarshall178, justahornycpl, m13t, setekh, Rambus, vixenvega, wolfstardobe, imhereforeskin
Traded with: Armomen
:blush:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:00 pm

miss_kofuku wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
HungryStray wrote:Not just you. lizardbreath mentioned the same thing. I'm soon they'll edit it in soon.

*waves*

It's there!!!
It just looks very unexpected and is placed randomly in the top instead of last:
marsisreal.png

yay!!!!

thank you :smile:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Rookington

Postby Rookington » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Niah wrote:If the Easter marbles were metallic or pearlescent in some way then I might have been interested. As it is, they're matte so I'm not interested and they also didn't drop any in any models/sizes/firmnesses that interest me to begin with.

Same. I was browsing the website the moment it dropped the update, which was exciting, but I was just a little disappointed. The colors are cute, but kind of bland imo. And they did have models I like, but I've recently realized I'm more of a firm guy. And it seemed like most if not all of them were in medium.

Sucks.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:35 am

I've just spend nearly 10 minutes laughing at myself in regards to a conversation I was having with a friend about breakfast... Talking about what I'd be wanting from McDonalds. I accidentally spell hot cakes as hot cocks. The worst part about it is that it wasn't spellcheck, I'm on my laptop. What is my life...
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 am

blushingkitten wrote:

I guess we're used to lexicon that sale always means discount. "limited edition sale" It dosen't look like I can select an easter marble toy to order. and when it's done the price will go up to get one.
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
cluster

Postby cluster » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:24 am

kuroyami wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:

I guess we're used to lexicon that sale always means discount. "limited edition sale" It dosen't look like I can select an easter marble toy to order. and when it's done the price will go up to get one.

I think this is it. The sale portion is that you can get a coloration for free that would normally cost quite a bit more. Here, you get a 3-4 color marble for the base price. Personally, I don't like the use of the word 'sale' in this case for a couple of reasons. One, because we don't see the jacked up price that would come along with custom ordering the marble, there is no obvious discount applied. Two, because the adopts are full of wonderfully colors marbles labelled as rogue that are also at the standard price, it kind of seems normal to have toys likes those marked as official easter marbles present in the adopts for those prices.

I agree - I'd like to see these labelled color promotions. Cognitively, it is a better fit to what they really are.
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:50 am

HungryStray wrote:I've just spend nearly 10 minutes laughing at myself in regards to a conversation I was having with a friend about breakfast... Talking about what I'd be wanting from McDonalds. I accidentally spell hot cakes as hot cocks. The worst part about it is that it wasn't spellcheck, I'm on my laptop. What is my life...

Haha XD I did something like that once at a Chili's :tinfoil: my dad was asking me what I was looking at on the menu and I said I thought I was in the mood for a Sizzling Vagita. Just thankful that one didn't slip in front of the waitress instead :stick:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Ugh it is so difficult to decide what to sell when you love hoarding things just for collection purposes :crying:
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH

Return to “General Discussion”