/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
reine

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby reine » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:05 am

Christ on a bike; what's going on???? :psyduck:

I feel bad for the poor CS reps being kept in the dark about all of this-- I want to ticket, but it seems they know about as much as we do. "Streamlining products" shouldn't have to mean "popping a huge unannounced squat on our pre-MLP promo (when they started not giving new models Naturals) products and customer base".

I'm hoping that these changes are temporary until BD works through some backlog... Time will tell, I guess.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:09 am

reine wrote:Christ on a bike; what's going on???? :psyduck:

I feel bad for the poor CS reps being kept in the dark about all of this-- I want to ticket, but it seems they know about as much as we do. "Streamlining products" shouldn't have to mean "popping a huge unannounced squat on our pre-MLP promo (when they started not giving new models Naturals) products and customer base".

I'm hoping that these changes are temporary until BD works through some backlog... Time will tell, I guess.

Time will tell, since whoever is making the choices at BD certainly is staying clammed on the subject.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:09 am

were the colors to hard to make?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:04 am

Arumaeruma wrote:They seriously got rid of golden hoard AND feathered serpent? I loved those colors. This is honestly such bullshit, I don't mind them touching the naturals but this is crap

What nooo! There's no way those weren't popular like some of the naturals. Both of those were so pretty. Ugh, I really like some of the other special colors, too. I guess I should get my custom order in before they nuke the ones I want. :crying:
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:16 am

I was the one who got ticket answered that yes, you can still order the old colors for a custom price.

I don't like that this is going on in stages. It'd be far easier for BD to make all the changes at once in a sandbox and then update the main site. To me, it feels like they're still not even sure about what colors are making the cut or not :eyeroll:

I'll call it a good April Fool's joke if the only colors left by the end of the week are Black, Purple, Blue, and Pink, since those are the most common colors found in cheap sex toys. Otherwise, it's just sad.
ImageImage
queeroqueso

Postby queeroqueso » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:39 am

The specialty colors going makes me worried. It feels like a cash grab or bad marketing; golden hoard is now what, 40$ instead of 25$? BD toys are already so expensive, and to make colors more expensive?... I feel like they're trying to funnel more people into buying adoptions so they don't have to make as many customs. But if I wanted adoptions and set single colors, I'd order from Tantus. The customization from BD is what made them special.
► Show Spoiler
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:14 am

I'm gone for 2 weeks and I see "they discontinued feathered serpent" and looking at more things...hardly any of the color choices are on ANY of the toys. Fuck this so much. I was pissed when they took away Grimm Spindle, now I'm furious. Even if there's nothing we can do about it this is so wrong that BD isn't giving any fucking announcement to what's going on with colors.

I WOULD do the same thing some people have said they'd do and go make custom orders before BD decides to say "fuck you" to their ideas but...I kind of feel like that's what they want. To panic people into buying toys. Might be a bit ridiculous and far out there...but it's also kind of sneaky how BD is saying "oh sure, you can order this still, you just gotta pay more for it" :unamused:
They damn well can make the toy colors they got rid of, I can point easily to many, many adoptions that prove that.

That whole idea of "eliminating the concept of customs" seems a hell of a lot more vivid now. Like...wtf are they thinking? Is BD just deciding to press the big red " Slowly Kill" itself button? They really should just get rid of the whole "we make fantasies REAL" and "we offer full customization and are willing to try anything!" advertisements at this point. I feel betrayed half the time I come on here nowadays because I'm always seeing users post "BD QUIT DOING _____ ON TOYS!"

I feel like I come on here to just bitch nowadays so to that, sorry guys. I just look back at what BD used to offer (before I started buying from them) and just wish I had bought the toys I want now, at that time. BD was amazing, they really were willing to try just about anything. Now we get this....and people have every right to be angry. The sad thing? BD clearly doesn't want to listen. Because they know that they'll still be raking in money so who gives a shit if a few people quit buying from them right?

What I originally came here to ask about was; do you think I could request the Easter color on a toy as a custom/has anyone else asked this?

Edit: Didn't even see Bruce is gone. Seriously?!! "Oh we can assure you nothing is going to be retired" my fucking ass. I can't blame the mods though, for all we know, they could be left out of the loop. So I'm not mad at them, I'm PISSED at BD.
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:20 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:They seriously got rid of golden hoard AND feathered serpent? I loved those colors. This is honestly such bullshit, I don't mind them touching the naturals but this is crap

I believe someone got a ticket answer that said that the colors were still available, but you have to ticket for them now and pay full price for the coloration, as if it were a regular custom.

I don't know, I hope they wouldn't do something this drastic as a lead-up to an April Fool's joke. You'd think if that were the case that there would be more cheeky clues or something? I still wonder why on earth they wouldn't make an announcement, at least about the models being taken down. The colors, eh. It'd be nice to know, without having to ticket, what the deal is there, but sizes and models just going missing quietly? What, is somebody kidnapping them?? lol but seriously, these shenanigans are not my favorite. And it's happening slowly, too, not all at once. Here a color, there a model. That's what's getting to me, because it's making me worry so much that I'll wake up one morning and a model I've been waiting for will have disappeared. :mystery: I'm trying so hard not to speculate about which models might be next. :crying:

I don't think this is an April Fool's joke either. If it were, they would have touched highly popular models like Chance disappearing, or that kind of stuff. Bruce was a expensive unpopular model with bad reviews, so I knew the day would come where he would be retired :unamused: But I feel that if all those shenanigans were for an April Fool's prank, more popular models would have been touched, not those obscur ones only a limited amount of people liked anyway. Still sucks for the ones who wanted it, I am good because I got a Bruce and two Portsides, but still bummed to see it go away as it was my first toy. Sentimental value and all that.

Still wondering why take out so many colors, to be honest. BD is praised for being a company with a high level of customization possible, so such a move can't do your rep any good :mystery:

For April Fools, Bad Dragon eliminates the worst sellers first, gradually working up to the newer and more popular models, and then on the first, lists the Varka as their only available toy and announces they're closing. And then does close, because this is rude.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:25 am

Okay,. I'm going to try and be optimistic here and say that this is an april fools gag.

The CS rep /did/ say that Bruce wasn't availible /at this time/ and that it was /unknown/ if hed be back or not. I wouldn't be surprised if more things start subtly disappearing over the next few days, but I forgot how close we are getting to April, and I don't want to really panic until then.
(that being said, if it IS an April Fools prank, it's in very poor taste IMO. I always liked their cool gag ideas..this is just infuriating.)

Because if this is really real, then this is pretty much the dumbest thing they've ever done.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:27 am

Vitani wrote:Okay,. I'm going to try and be optimistic here and say that this is an april fools gag.

The CS rep /did/ say that Bruce wasn't availible /at this time/ and that it was /unknown/ if hed be back or not. I wouldn't be surprised if more things start subtly disappearing over the next few days, but I forgot how close we are getting to April, and I don't want to really panic until then.
(that being said, if it IS an April Fools prank, it's in very poor taste IMO. I always liked their cool gag ideas..this is just infuriating.)

Because if this is really real, then this is pretty much the dumbest thing they've ever done.

Someone later came back with a CS ticket confirming that he was being retired.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:31 am

Ok I just need to ask this. Has anyone considered poking Varka about this? Not sure if that's a good idea or not but if anyone should know what's going on, wouldn't he be the one to know?

I should stop looking at the models/colors. Why did they change Nocturne's Hotzone color to "natural"? If they aren't doing these colors anymore/you need to ticket for them, they shouldn't advertise them on the page. Some they'll make some they'll say no to. Seems like it'd be better off doing this than wasting CS's time playing a gamble on what colors they do and do not do anymore. :unamused:
Last edited by Phelvia on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:31 am

Amaranthe wrote:
Vitani wrote:Okay,. I'm going to try and be optimistic here and say that this is an april fools gag.

Playing Devil's Advocate here, CS isn't going to give the joke away just because someone asked in a ticket.

Or...CS was told he was being retired. The whole 'streamlining for new products' things might be the prank this year. (As I said, it's in super poor taste, but still.)

I'm still gunna be optimistic because I've been working on that more in my life. But, we'll see.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:36 am

Vitani wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:

Playing Devil's Advocate here, CS isn't going to give the joke away just because someone asked in a ticket.

Or...CS was told he was being retired. The whole 'streamlining for new products' things might be the prank this year. (As I said, it's in super poor taste, but still.)

I'm still gunna be optimistic because I've been working on that more in my life. But, we'll see.

Would BD really pull a stunt like this as a joke? Either lying to their own employees, or setting it up to offer "customer service" that's an outright lie to customers who are upset? Surely the backlash in the forum would be enough for them to call it off. Of course, an April Fools prank would be a great way for them to back-peddle their decisions and cover it up as a poor joke. BD does promotions pretty well usually, so I just cannot see this as a poor joke. I'm trying to be optimistic as well, but I really don't think that's the case. I think it's more likely that they are dialing things back to help with order times or to revamp their process.
miss_kofuku

Postby miss_kofuku » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:41 am

Just one week to scramble, a last chance for us, that's all, if it's gotta be like this. :crying:
We all know what the wait is, I'm sure we'd be fine with it, if we could just get things we've been putting off because we thought they would be safe :crying:
~Kofuku, resident Goddess

Sold to: Drayco, x6black6cat6x, Kap, MattMarshall178, justahornycpl, m13t, setekh, Rambus, vixenvega, wolfstardobe, imhereforeskin
Traded with: Armomen
:blush:
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:45 am

Amaranthe wrote:
Vitani wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:Someone later came back with a CS ticket confirming that he was being retired.

Would BD really pull a stunt like this as a joke? Either lying to their own employees, or setting it up to offer "customer service" that's an outright lie to customers who are upset? Surely the backlash in the forum would be enough for them to call it off. Of course, an April Fools prank would be a great way for them to back-peddle their decisions and cover it up as a poor joke. BD does promotions pretty well usually, so I just cannot see this as a poor joke. I'm trying to be optimistic as well, but I really don't think that's the case. I think it's more likely that they are dialing things back to help with order times or to revamp their process.

I don't know.

One year, BD shut down the forums as their prank, and everyone was seriously -outraged- So .... no I wouldn't really put it past them entirely.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:49 am

Vitani wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
Vitani wrote:

I don't know.

One year, BD shut down the forums as their prank, and everyone was seriously -outraged- So .... no I wouldn't really put it past them entirely.

Shutting down the forums was a prank?? I didn't know that. Man, this is crazy. I'd be way more upset if this were a prank, rather than a poorly executed overhaul. Well, April Fools is Friday so I guess we might figure something out then! :unamused:
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:56 am

Vitani wrote:

That was a prank? Are you serious? I remember that and....it didn't seem like one. At all. No idea if you're being sarcastic.
Kith

Postby Kith » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:58 am

I remember the store being down for April 1 at least once, and it's possible that sometime that day the forums were down as well.

Edit: Not the big "we're shutting the forums down" thing with the announcement and staff feedback thread and all.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Casma

Postby Casma » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:59 am

Pretty sure if it was a prank they would pull Rex, Chance, Fenrir, Bumble etc. And have them only available in fleshy pink.

I don't really get worked up about things, and I for sure get retiring Bruce and a handful of colors. Surprising that they wouldn't do an extinction sale, as others have said.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:01 pm

This is probably not going to be a good idea for me to speak up or post this, but it's been really bothering me... So to offer a different opinion, to let it be known that not everybody is that upset over this... I'm going to say it anyways. And I don't mean to be offensive or marginalize people's feelings of stress or unhappy, nor is this aimed at anyone in specific, just thinking out loud...

Also putting it under a spoiler due to its length.
► Show Spoiler
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée

Return to “General Discussion”