/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Amaranthe

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:23 pm

3TK wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it down. I'm just genuinely curious about how they're going to handle the lab toys. I'm actually excited to see them getting named! For the first time, it seems like the changes are taking a good turn.

Oh no, you're fine! You didn't do anything wrong! I'm 100% glad you brought it up, actually! I'd much rather be "in the know" than be "in the dark"!

I'm very curious, too. As well as a little nervous, I won't lie. :psyduck:

But...hopefully this little poll is a start of some good things to come! So, I'm happy about that. :smilenox:

I guess we'll see how it turns out! Now, I just need to think of some names. :psyduck:
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Amaranthe wrote:In that twitter convo, they said they were renaming some toys so they all follow the same formula because that's keeping things simple. Then someone asked about the Snow Leopard, and they say their "handling lab designs a bit differently". DIFFERENT HOW? And if they are renaming things to follow the same formula for simplicity, why are the lab models not included in that?? I'm sure I'm just poking needlessly here, but all these changes are so shrouded in mystery. :mystery:

My guess for why the lab models are not included is... not a good thought. Either it's to preserve the original intention (which I doubt would be an issue) or the unnamed ones are less popular and are getting dropped. Nox is named and labs, so it would probably stay. But if the others aren't included in a future poll or something (as some of the popular penetrables don't have names either) they might be on the way out too...

Anyways, I made my 'love note' at the end of the survey telling BD to inform their customers about things. Having them ask for love notes when it's pretty obvious they're acting scummy doesn't strike me the right way regardless... wonder what wonderful submissions they'll end up publishing from that, huh?
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Double post, but I hope if the Labs are slowing down/stopping as is being somewhat implied, they release all of the designs currently submitted. There's some great designs there that could be submitted to other companies or that people could make on their own, but can't because BD's held their designs for months or years. I know people had to agree to let BD have their designs, but with how the Lab designs have ended up being treated in comparison to the other toys, and with how few designs go from Labs to lineup, I think it's time to let some things go.
cluster

Postby cluster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:10 pm

3TK wrote:Speaking of character art, they actually have the Ridgeback's character art there. :bugeyed:

► Show Spoiler

I like the colors on this, but there's something about the chest area and the way Ridge's hand is place that makes it look like he's fondling a saggy boob. :stick:
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
3TK

Postby 3TK » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:39 pm

Finally filled out that name survey. Coming up with names is hard for me. It already takes me, like...years to come up with names for characters in video games. :psyduck: Curious to see how this goes!

► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Hey guys, I have a question about firmness, knots, and suction cups:

Lately, I've been lusting over a mini Rex because I think that's the only toy that I'll actually be able to knot and stay knotted (the other toy's knots just...fall out).

And today, I finally came across one that has a natural coloring (actually it's a rogue, but it's pretty close!).
► Show Spoiler

It even comes with a suction cup. :bugeyed: Definitely wasn't expecting that...

Only problem is that it's in soft. :surprised:

Although I know I can take the knot, would the firmness make it...anticlimatic for the lack of a better word? Basically, would the softness make it too easy for it to slip in, or will the knot still put up a fight (I hope so)?

And since I'm new to suction cups, would the softness make it harder to thrust with? Cuz I'm kind of worried that this is one of those "it looks like a deal but there's a good reason why no one has bought it yet" things?
laviss

Postby laviss » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Fableheart wrote:I'm thinking of planning a custom order with some birthday money/loyalty benefits from work I've gotten recently.

Personally swapped colours are my favourite, so I'm thinking of a medium Scorn in Night Drake, a medium Flint in Shimmerscale, or a large Nox in Tyrannosaurus Sex. I'm not 100% sure yet.

How has your luck been with customs lately? I'm a bit timid to order...

nice!! i just sent a ticket the other day asking about a flint in shimmer scale!! not sure if i'll get it any time soon but it's definitely on my wishlist :liplick:

i'm still waiting on my custom order, it's been almost 6 weeks ;;
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:19 pm

3TK wrote:Finally filled out that name survey. Coming up with names is hard for me. It already takes me, like...years to come up with names for characters in video games. :psyduck: Curious to see how this goes!

► Show Spoiler

I know right XD once I exhaust the 3 or 4 names I usually use I can sit there dumbfounded for like 20 minutes :doh: I haven't done my survey yet but I'm sure it's going to take a while lol. And *nod* I will probably do the same, the more people saying it the harder it is to ignore.
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
naughtybun

Postby naughtybun » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Welp. I like fades. Hate marbles. :unamused:
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
kt~

Postby kt~ » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:41 pm

CakeLurker wrote:Hey guys, I have a question about firmness, knots, and suction cups:

Lately, I've been lusting over a mini Rex because I think that's the only toy that I'll actually be able to knot and stay knotted (the other toy's knots just...fall out).

And today, I finally came across one that has a natural coloring (actually it's a rogue, but it's pretty close!).
► Show Spoiler

It even comes with a suction cup. :bugeyed: Definitely wasn't expecting that...

Only problem is that it's in soft. :surprised:

Although I know I can take the knot, would the firmness make it...anticlimatic for the lack of a better word? Basically, would the softness make it too easy for it to slip in, or will the knot still put up a fight (I hope so)?

And since I'm new to suction cups, would the softness make it harder to thrust with? Cuz I'm kind of worried that this is one of those "it looks like a deal but there's a good reason why no one has bought it yet" things?

Is the toy at the top of your size limit? Soft does make knots easier to slip in, but if it's "big" for you then it will still feel big. Mini Rex is pretty small, and you said you had other toys with knots. So I can't really imagine any Mini Rex "putting up a fight".

So yeah, you're right. The softness makes it easier to slip in. I had a small Razor in medium, and now have a soft, and it definitely feels less big and abrupt. I don't find that softer toys are difficult to insert, but some people do for whatever reason, so I guess that depends on you.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Fableheart

Postby Fableheart » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:49 pm

naughtybun wrote:Welp. I like fades. Hate marbles. :unamused:

Pretty much the same for me (though I just muchly prefer fades- marbles are okay.)

This whole mess pretty much ruins a lot of custom plans for me. :/
I mostly lurk and don't really post or look at messages because I'm forgetful or lazy. Sorry for any inconvenience.
naughtybun

Postby naughtybun » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Fableheart wrote:
naughtybun wrote:Welp. I like fades. Hate marbles. :unamused:

Pretty much the same for me (though I just muchly prefer fades- marbles are okay.)

This whole mess pretty much ruins a lot of custom plans for me. :/

Same here on the ruin part.
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:59 pm

kt~ wrote:Is the toy at the top of your size limit? Soft does make knots easier to slip in, but if it's "big" for you then it will still feel big. Mini Rex is pretty small, and you said you had other toys with knots. So I can't really imagine any Mini Rex "putting up a fight".

So yeah, you're right. The softness makes it easier to slip in. I had a small Razor in medium, and now have a soft, and it definitely feels less big and abrupt. I don't find that softer toys are difficult to insert, but some people do for whatever reason, so I guess that depends on you.

It's not. My size limit is 1.8" in diameter (I measured my S/8 Terra's knot), and I own a small Luka (1.6" in diameter), so fitting Rex's knot is definitely not a problem. I just don't want it to be too easy to slip in and thus too easy to fall out (should've clarified that last bit).
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Has the Adoption Adventures forum been causing anyone else's tab to crash? It's done it to me every time - I can barely scroll the length of one post before Chrome gives me the 'Oh, Snap!' message. Nothing on the other forums, even image-heavy Show Me's or toy designs. :psyduck:
cluster

Postby cluster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
kt~ wrote:Is the toy at the top of your size limit? Soft does make knots easier to slip in, but if it's "big" for you then it will still feel big. Mini Rex is pretty small, and you said you had other toys with knots. So I can't really imagine any Mini Rex "putting up a fight".

It's not. My size limit is 1.8" in diameter (I measured my S/8 Terra's knot), and I own a small Luka (1.6" in diameter), so fitting Rex's knot is definitely not a problem. I just don't want it to be too easy to slip in and thus too easy to fall out (should've clarified that last bit).

I have a mini Rex and a small Terra on hand. Here's the comparison. To be honest, I think you might find the mini Rex underwhelming as a knotting toy.

Pics in the spoiler.

► Show Spoiler
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
kt~

Postby kt~ » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 pm

CakeLurker wrote:

If you want to keep knots from slipping out, maybe you could try kegels? Anyone else can feel free to jump in and clarify, but if you strengthen your muscles over time they might have an easier time holding in knots.
If the knot falling out is your biggest concern, maybe go with a firmer toy. When I had my Razor in medium, it stayed knotted extremely well, but with my Razor in soft it slowly slides out if I don't put underwear or something on.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:57 pm

cluster wrote:I have a mini Rex and a small Terra on hand. Here's the comparison. To be honest, I think you might find the mini Rex underwhelming as a knotting toy.

Pics in the spoiler.

► Show Spoiler

Oh my god, thank you so much! This is really helpful!

Not sure what you mean by "underwhelming" though. My experience with Terra was pretty cruddy (I never knew zig-zag dicks could kill people), and even though I can fit the knot, it's so close to the base that it doesn't stay in.

I am concerned about the thickness of Rex's shaft though. I thought it was supposed to be much smaller than the knot according to BD's measurements. But oh well, I already paid for it since I really wanted to try out the suction cup and the colors were right up my alley.

Hopefully it'll be worth it next week.

kt~ wrote:If the knot falling out is your biggest concern, maybe go with a firmer toy.

And now the regret kicks in.

((I like the kegels idea though. I'll try that. But I feel a little better since your soft Razor "slowly" slips out. Sounds better than my Terra just shoving itself back out whenever it wants to. I don't think it likes me since it slips out so fast.))
Last edited by CakeLurker on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:03 pm

Well, I'm back to wondering if BD is going to do anything for April Fools or not. I saw that giant D20s were a thing once. I dunno, might be into that. :mystery:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Amaranthe wrote:Well, I'm back to wondering if BD is going to do anything for April Fools or not. I saw that giant D20s were a thing once. I dunno, might be into that. :mystery:

This just in! Bad Dragon, former sex toy industry turned into D&D supply store!! X3
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:10 pm

hey

how floppy is a small firm tyson?

I've been underwhelmed by their version of firm recently :(
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[

Return to “General Discussion”