/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Arumaeruma
Posts: 3353
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 pm
Gender: Female- Bisexual

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:00 am

Reyvanna wrote:Because anytime anything is said about them, someone feels the need to come to their defense :mystery: which illustrates the exact thing I mentioned in my first comment on the subject, that should something go awry, I'd have people crawling down my throat if I voiced my displeasure and tried to get it fixed.

It was a poor choice on my end to use DA as a symbol for indie toymakers, but I doubt anyone her but the old-timers remember Beast Labs and what a giant clusterfuck that was.


Maybe people constantly come to their defense because what you're saying. Someone "jumped down your throat" because what you're saying wasn't necessarily true, not because you were lying but because you didn't know. When I see someone criticizing something I enjoy, be it a game or show or product, based on misconceptions I can't help but tell them why they're incorrect because it's disheartening to see someone dislike something because they don't know any better. If they still try it with the new knowledge and don't like it then that's fine. If you don't want to purchase from DamnAverae that's okay, but it's not okay to feel hesitant from ordering from them based on wrong information like assuming nothing can be done about a wrong product or disatisfactory color. I don't own any of her products either, and I'm not sure if i will just because they don't suit my personal tastes in what I'm looking for in a toy, and that's fine if you feel the same way.
I'm sorry you've had a a poor experience with an indie company, it happens, but at the same time you can't lump all of the companies together because of one poor experience. It's not fair. There are plenty of indie makers who are fantastic people and wonderful artists who continue to create innovative and interesting products that are accessible to many people. At the same time, Bad Dragon used to be an indie company. You can't discredit a business or practice just because it's smaller, that doesn't make any sense.
User avatar
Reyvanna
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 am
Gender: Omnigender - biogender is female
Location: In a bunker deep underground

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Reyvanna » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:20 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
Reyvanna wrote:Because anytime anything is said about them, someone feels the need to come to their defense :mystery: which illustrates the exact thing I mentioned in my first comment on the subject, that should something go awry, I'd have people crawling down my throat if I voiced my displeasure and tried to get it fixed.

It was a poor choice on my end to use DA as a symbol for indie toymakers, but I doubt anyone her but the old-timers remember Beast Labs and what a giant clusterfuck that was.


Maybe people constantly come to their defense because what you're saying. Someone "jumped down your throat" because what you're saying wasn't necessarily true, not because you were lying but because you didn't know. When I see someone criticizing something I enjoy, be it a game or show or product, based on misconceptions I can't help but tell them why they're incorrect because it's disheartening to see someone dislike something because they don't know any better. If they still try it with the new knowledge and don't like it then that's fine. If you don't want to purchase from DamnAverae that's okay, but it's not okay to feel hesitant from ordering from them based on wrong information like assuming nothing can be done about a wrong product or disatisfactory color. I don't own any of her products either, and I'm not sure if i will just because they don't suit my personal tastes in what I'm looking for in a toy, and that's fine if you feel the same way.
I'm sorry you've had a a poor experience with an indie company, it happens, but at the same time you can't lump all of the companies together because of one poor experience. It's not fair. There are plenty of indie makers who are fantastic people and wonderful artists who continue to create innovative and interesting products that are accessible to many people. At the same time, Bad Dragon used to be an indie company. You can't discredit a business or practice just because it's smaller, that doesn't make any sense.


Not that nothing can be done, but that if I try to get it corrected, their fans will be all over me because, in their eyes, DA can do no wrong. This also happens with BD (though ours are more of rabid and frothing, both for and against) but the difference is, I don't have to interact with the artisan that made my dick; I just have to shoot a ticket to customer service, and not risk being called out for being 'difficult', whether by the artisan or the fans of said artisan.

And it's perfectly sensical to refuse to patron small internet buisnesses (small physical buisnesses are a different story, and deserve all the love). Lemme tell you a tale real quick.

Once upon a time, our good protagonist Rey and various other forum members stumbled upon an indie toymaker named Naughty Dog :doh: (ND going forward.) ND had a single toy to their name (nay, not even a toy -- the concept for one) but that toy was beautiful and innovative, attracting attention from many people. This toy was called the Kaiju.

The Kaiju, for all its beauty and senuous curves, was held back by a lack of funding. Rey and the others were undaunted, shouting loudly,

"Let me preorder, and you can use the funds to get off the ground!"

Funds were given, and all was merry until a few months had passed, and no one had heard a peep out of ND. A few people jabbed the creators, and recieved vague answers about 'difficulties'. The answers grew vauger and vauger until finally, they stopped speaking at all.

The funds, and the labs evaporated, with no product to show for it.

At that point, Rey turned into a giant pillar of salt about buying from indie toymakers.

Fin.
Last edited by Reyvanna on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're being watched ...
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
T4Draf
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:00 pm
Gender: Fluid/male

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby T4Draf » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:29 am

You are thinking of "Naughty Dog." They have never gone by "Beast Labs," who did run a reputable business before stepping down.
User avatar
Reyvanna
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 am
Gender: Omnigender - biogender is female
Location: In a bunker deep underground

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Reyvanna » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:32 am

T4Draf wrote:You are thinking of "Naughty Dog." They have never gone by "Beast Labs," who did run a reputable business before stepping down.


:doh: Sorry. I'll go edit that. It's hard to keep everyone straight.
You're being watched ...
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
naughtybun
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:27 pm
Gender: fem bits, but more of a they

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby naughtybun » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:00 pm

If you want to go straight to sue, that's a little skeevy? Like, idk if that's how you really meant it, but you should'nt have to go straight to suing someone. If that's how you are, if I had a small business, I wouldn't want you shopping from me anyway? Like, generally in a small "mom-and-pop" setting, the customer gets their way anyway. That "sue" statement makes it sound like you're a customer who complains just to get a free product. You know what I mean? I, in no way, want to offend, but that's exactly how it sounds.
Honestly, I get that it's a personal preference. But like, that's kind of silly if someone has stellar reviews. And you'll never know if the person will work with you until you try anyway.
Also idk how a dildo can be a "faulty product"?

Although, I will agree with you on the fanbase part.

Edit::: I fucked up the quote. :mystery:
Last edited by naughtybun on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
User avatar
cluster
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:22 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby cluster » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Reyvanna wrote:Also, I'm highly doubtful that BD is a one to two person shindig. Maybe back in the day, but not now. Especially since it seems t Still, I risked money on the Kaiju and that was the last time I was willing to work with an indie maker.

I don't know the specifics of your kaiju incident, but if you bought it through Etsy, you can open a disputed claim with them. I did that once. It was when Beastlab closed. I had put in an order before they closed. I gave it a while after they closed but hadn't heard from them. I sent a message through Etsy. Didn't hear anything for a week. Opened a dispute on Etsy. The money was returned to me within the day.

Not to malign Beastlab because I don't really know anything about them. They might have been planning on making my commission, but with the lack of communication, I figured it was best to just go the refund route.

ETA: Now I see the details and it wasn't an Etsy thing. Still, helpful info for people who buy things through Etsy, I suppose.
Last edited by cluster on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Reyvanna
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 am
Gender: Omnigender - biogender is female
Location: In a bunker deep underground

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Reyvanna » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:04 pm

cluster wrote:
Reyvanna wrote:Also, I'm highly doubtful that BD is a one to two person shindig. Maybe back in the day, but not now. Especially since it seems t Still, I risked money on the Kaiju and that was the last time I was willing to work with an indie maker.

I don't know the specifics of your kaiju incident, but if you bought it through Etsy, you can open a disputed claim with them. I did that once. It was when Beastlab closed. I had put in an order before they closed. I gave it a while after they closed but hadn't heard from them. I sent a message through Etsy. Didn't hear anything for a week. Opened a dispute on Etsy. The money was returned to me within the day.

Not to malign Beastlab because I don't really know anything about them. They might have been planning on making my commission, but with the lack of communication, I figured it was best to just go the refund route.


I actually corrected my post; it was Naughty Dog that scammed me, not Beast Labs (who were actually quite quick about shipping my eggs) :v You know you buy too many dicks when you can't even remember who's who.
You're being watched ...
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Reyvanna
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 am
Gender: Omnigender - biogender is female
Location: In a bunker deep underground

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Reyvanna » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:08 pm

naughtybun wrote:If you want to go straight to sue, that's a little skeevy? Like, idk if that's how you really meant it, but you should'nt have to go straight to suing someone. If that's how you are, if I had a small business, I wouldn't want you shopping from me anyway? Like, generally in a small "mom-and-pop" setting, the customer gets their way anyway. That "sue" statement makes it sound like you're a customer who complains just to get a free product. You know what I mean? I, in no way, want to offend, but that's exactly how it sounds.
Honestly, I get that it's a personal preference. But like, that's kind of silly if someone has stellar reviews. And you'll never know if the person will work with you until you try anyway.
Also idk how a dildo can be a "faulty product"?

Although, I will agree with you on the fanbase part.

Edit::: I fucked up the quote. :mystery:


Nah, I feel you. I only threaten legal action after I've done everything short of showing up at their doorstep to get what I paid for. Suing someone is super expensive, after all.

As for dildoes being faulty, minor errors are alright, but I've straight up gotten gouged toys before. (Like, a giant chunk missing between the shaft and the base.) No way am I going to take that lying down. It shouldn't have gotten past their QC in the first place.
You're being watched ...
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
naughtybun
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:27 pm
Gender: fem bits, but more of a they

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby naughtybun » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:17 pm

Reyvanna wrote:
naughtybun wrote:If you want to go straight to sue, that's a little skeevy? Like, idk if that's how you really meant it, but you should'nt have to go straight to suing someone. If that's how you are, if I had a small business, I wouldn't want you shopping from me anyway? Like, generally in a small "mom-and-pop" setting, the customer gets their way anyway. That "sue" statement makes it sound like you're a customer who complains just to get a free product. You know what I mean? I, in no way, want to offend, but that's exactly how it sounds.
Honestly, I get that it's a personal preference. But like, that's kind of silly if someone has stellar reviews. And you'll never know if the person will work with you until you try anyway.
Also idk how a dildo can be a "faulty product"?

Although, I will agree with you on the fanbase part.

Edit::: I fucked up the quote. :mystery:


Nah, I feel you. I only threaten legal action after I've done everything short of showing up at their doorstep to get what I paid for. Suing someone is super expensive, after all.

As for dildoes being faulty, minor errors are alright, but I've straight up gotten gouged toys before. (Like, a giant chunk missing between the shaft and the base.) No way am I going to take that lying down. It shouldn't have gotten past their QC in the first place.

Oh oh! I see what you meant! I was confused by the original statement! ^-^

And as far as I know, I don't think I've seen a single toy of DA's with a gouge? I might be wrong here, as I've seen nicks (as comes with pulling something from any deep mold), but nothing super serious.
And I do know from a personal stand point that DA as a person is very friendly and personal through business. ^-^
Although, I'm excited to order from EE next time I have the muns *^*
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
User avatar
Reyvanna
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 am
Gender: Omnigender - biogender is female
Location: In a bunker deep underground

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Reyvanna » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:30 pm

naughtybun wrote:
Reyvanna wrote:
naughtybun wrote:If you want to go straight to sue, that's a little skeevy? Like, idk if that's how you really meant it, but you should'nt have to go straight to suing someone. If that's how you are, if I had a small business, I wouldn't want you shopping from me anyway? Like, generally in a small "mom-and-pop" setting, the customer gets their way anyway. That "sue" statement makes it sound like you're a customer who complains just to get a free product. You know what I mean? I, in no way, want to offend, but that's exactly how it sounds.
Honestly, I get that it's a personal preference. But like, that's kind of silly if someone has stellar reviews. And you'll never know if the person will work with you until you try anyway.
Also idk how a dildo can be a "faulty product"?

Although, I will agree with you on the fanbase part.

Edit::: I fucked up the quote. :mystery:


Nah, I feel you. I only threaten legal action after I've done everything short of showing up at their doorstep to get what I paid for. Suing someone is super expensive, after all.

As for dildoes being faulty, minor errors are alright, but I've straight up gotten gouged toys before. (Like, a giant chunk missing between the shaft and the base.) No way am I going to take that lying down. It shouldn't have gotten past their QC in the first place.

Oh oh! I see what you meant! I was confused by the original statement! ^-^

And as far as I know, I don't think I've seen a single toy of DA's with a gouge? I might be wrong here, as I've seen nicks (as comes with pulling something from any deep mold), but nothing super serious.
And I do know from a personal stand point that DA as a person is very friendly and personal through business. ^-^
Although, I'm excited to order from EE next time I have the muns *^*


It wasn't from DA haha :laugh: It was from PH actually. Apparently someone got too trim happy. Their customer service was great though!

I want to get a Wraith from EE but I can't decide on a color scheme :crying:
You're being watched ...
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Akanisen
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
Gender: Male(FtM), Pansexual, Demi-poly-romantic
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Akanisen » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:42 pm

*walks in thread* What'd I miss since last night? ... *slowly backs out of room*
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
User avatar
HungryStray
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby HungryStray » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:51 pm

I don't feel like a thread will get a whole lot of attention but does anyone around here own a Guardian? If so in what firmness, and in which hole do you use it? Sorry for the bluntness, but I'm considering an order and I'm trying to pay attention to models I want that I think aren't going to last long. >.>
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
User avatar
miss_kofuku
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:37 pm
Gender: Girly girl!

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby miss_kofuku » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:59 pm

HungryStray wrote:I don't feel like a thread will get a whole lot of attention but does anyone around here own a Guardian? If so in what firmness, and in which hole do you use it? Sorry for the bluntness, but I'm considering an order and I'm trying to pay attention to models I want that I think aren't going to last long. >.>


I have one in medium!
I'm a front door only type of gal, tehe :blush:
Medium works well for it! If you're sensitive, I'd definitely go soft! I usually looooooove texture and firm things, but I think firm (if it was available) would be much too much. But the shape also doesn't 100% agree with my anatomy, so that could be why... or maybe it was just a bad day when I used it :stick:
~Kofuku, resident Goddess

Sold to: Drayco, x6black6cat6x, Kap, MattMarshall178, justahornycpl, m13t, setekh, Rambus, vixenvega, wolfstardobe, imhereforeskin
Traded with: Armomen
:blush:
User avatar
cluster
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:22 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby cluster » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:59 pm

HungryStray wrote:I don't feel like a thread will get a whole lot of attention but does anyone around here own a Guardian? If so in what firmness, and in which hole do you use it? Sorry for the bluntness, but I'm considering an order and I'm trying to pay attention to models I want that I think aren't going to last long. >.>


Ha, speaking of... Guardian is one I'd get if it was in a different size. Do a full release, and it'll make it onto my list.
/unhelpful comment
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Lipton
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:24 am
Gender: Male
Location: Germany

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Lipton » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:07 pm

cluster wrote:
HungryStray wrote:I don't feel like a thread will get a whole lot of attention but does anyone around here own a Guardian? If so in what firmness, and in which hole do you use it? Sorry for the bluntness, but I'm considering an order and I'm trying to pay attention to models I want that I think aren't going to last long. >.>


Ha, speaking of... Guardian is one I'd get if it was in a different size. Do a full release, and it'll make it onto my list.
/unhelpful comment


/unhelpful approval
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
User avatar
Akanisen
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
Gender: Male(FtM), Pansexual, Demi-poly-romantic
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Akanisen » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:12 pm

If what I know is correct BD will not discontinue any lab winner designs. But I'm not 100% sure that's correct so always better safe than sorry :bugeyed:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
User avatar
HungryStray
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby HungryStray » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:17 pm

miss_kofuku wrote:I have one in medium!
I'm a front door only type of gal, tehe :blush:
Medium works well for it! If you're sensitive, I'd definitely go soft! I usually looooooove texture and firm things, but I think firm (if it was available) would be much too much. But the shape also doesn't 100% agree with my anatomy, so that could be why... or maybe it was just a bad day when I used it :stick:

How were his "spines"? I guess asking which way you had them facing in according to your anatomy? I reeeeeeally love the look of that vein beneath.... like.... yes please, but the spines do put me off a little. I'm sensitive to certain kinds of texture but that's more on a toy to toy basis. Like.... Meng's scale texture, my Roland's medial ring, and the head of my Moko all are rather uncomfortable at my opening. The toy itself isn't ALL that thick for me, so I feel like getting it in soft would be as risky as getting it in medium. I am a confuse. :(
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
User avatar
miss_kofuku
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:37 pm
Gender: Girly girl!

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby miss_kofuku » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:26 pm

HungryStray wrote:
miss_kofuku wrote:I have one in medium!
I'm a front door only type of gal, tehe :blush:
Medium works well for it! If you're sensitive, I'd definitely go soft! I usually looooooove texture and firm things, but I think firm (if it was available) would be much too much. But the shape also doesn't 100% agree with my anatomy, so that could be why... or maybe it was just a bad day when I used it :stick:

How were his "spines"? I guess asking which way you had them facing in according to your anatomy? I reeeeeeally love the look of that vein beneath.... like.... yes please, but the spines do put me off a little. I'm sensitive to certain kinds of texture but that's more on a toy to toy basis. Like.... Meng's scale texture, my Roland's medial ring, and the head of my Moko all are rather uncomfortable at my opening. The toy itself isn't ALL that thick for me, so I feel like getting it in soft would be as risky as getting it in medium. I am a confuse. :(


I used it spines up :3
Tell you what though, instead of me grappling with memories I will do proper science in a bit and report back with the results! :widesmile:
~Kofuku, resident Goddess

Sold to: Drayco, x6black6cat6x, Kap, MattMarshall178, justahornycpl, m13t, setekh, Rambus, vixenvega, wolfstardobe, imhereforeskin
Traded with: Armomen
:blush:
User avatar
HungryStray
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby HungryStray » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:32 pm

miss_kofuku wrote:I used it spines up :3
Tell you what though, instead of me grappling with memories I will do proper science in a bit and report back with the results! :widesmile:

Oooooooh! You're a sweetheart! I'd love to hear how it went!!
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
User avatar
Dracon Ra
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:28 pm
Gender: a-gender
Location: Germany

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Dracon Ra » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:35 pm

HungryStray wrote:I don't feel like a thread will get a whole lot of attention but does anyone around here own a Guardian? If so in what firmness, and in which hole do you use it? Sorry for the bluntness, but I'm considering an order and I'm trying to pay attention to models I want that I think aren't going to last long. >.>


I have a Guardian in soft, for vaginal only.
I have rather sensitiv bits, so the soft is perfect. It has a nice bulg similar to Nox, which feels nice, even if you'll never reach the knot, like me.
I like it.
I don't remember feeling the spines a lot, but I admit the Guardian doesn't get as much action as it deserves, as I will end up with my Flints anyway this days ^^"

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests