/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
HungryStray

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby HungryStray » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:well ive come to the conclusion I just can't enjoy sex/masturbation.
*sigh*

But... But why...? :( -Snuggle. -
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Dashy

Postby Dashy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:37 pm

The toy I'm trying to buy is $155.60, plus $12 shipping. so $168. My prepaid card has $160 and my other prepaid card has $15. What do? The only way I can figure out how to do this is to transfer funds to another persons paypal from both cards, but I have no one to transfer to. Anyone have any ideas or think they can help?
Dashy

Postby Dashy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:40 pm

I see no reason not to trust you, are you in the US? There's no tax if its from US to US transfer. I mean sure, transferring my $170 to someone is going to be a little nerve racking, but I don't really have another option.
Last edited by Dashy on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:36 pm

laviss wrote:
Phelvia wrote:Is there a page/image someone saved of Bruce's product page? (Mainly looking for his description/story)

here! http://web.archive.org/web/201510012249 ... ucts/bruce

You're the best! Thank you!
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Phelvia wrote:
laviss wrote:
Phelvia wrote:Is there a page/image someone saved of Bruce's product page? (Mainly looking for his description/story)

here! http://web.archive.org/web/201510012249 ... ucts/bruce

You're the best! Thank you!

I also appreciate this. I get genuinely turned on by Bruce's story.

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Casma

Postby Casma » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote: :words:

Are you on meds for the depression? SSRIs destroy my already minimal sex drive...I actually can't even orgasm at all when I'm on them. It suuuucks. I take breaks from them regularly for a few reasons and that is one of them.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Casma wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote: :words:

Are you on meds for the depression? SSRIs destroy my already minimal sex drive...I actually can't even orgasm at all when I'm on them. It suuuucks. I take breaks from them regularly for a few reasons and that is one of them.

^I was on Paxil for depression a couple months and the blue balling was real. It was next to impossible to get off and when I did I was like... "Well... That was dissapointing."

Casma

Postby Casma » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Casma wrote:

^I was on Paxil for depression a couple months and the blue balling was real. It was next to impossible to get off and when I did I was like... "Well... That was dissapointing."

I'm actually on a generic form of Paxil, and have been since...middle school I think?
My doctor put me on something else (forget the name) for my fybro, and took me off my usual meds because they would fuck each other up, and I had a little bit of a sex drive back then (in fact, it's when I started buying toys lmao) but it wasn't a lot. It was more like a "mmm, yeah I could go for that sure!" instead of the usual "hmmmm...sure I guess". But I had to go back on my usual meds because of my anxiety (which, ironically, was set off worse by spending so much on toys XD)

Everyone says it's the meds, and I might actually talk to my doctor about it next time (I HATE my doctor) asking to go on different meds, but at the same time I'm kinda in a part of my life were I want to have something I can rely on, as I'm going to start school and start driving (again).

Yeah, it's a trade off for me. I notice a dramatic difference when I'm on my Cymbalta and when I'm not...but if I go for more than a couple of days off it I start wanting to kill myself again sooooooo :blush:

I've found a low enough dose now where I can still enjoy jerkin off (I don't care to have sex with other people anymore) but also not lay in bed all day crying. Have to find a balance...if enjoying sex is a part of your mental health I think that's important to consider in addition to the meds. And then of course just knowing yourself and what's going to be the most sustainable for you.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:17 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I'm actually on a generic form of Paxil, and have been since...middle school I think?
My doctor put me on something else (forget the name) for my fybro, and took me off my usual meds because they would fuck each other up, and I had a little bit of a sex drive back then (in fact, it's when I started buying toys lmao) but it wasn't a lot. It was more like a "mmm, yeah I could go for that sure!" instead of the usual "hmmmm...sure I guess". But I had to go back on my usual meds because of my anxiety (which, ironically, was set off worse by spending so much on toys XD)

Everyone says it's the meds, and I might actually talk to my doctor about it next time (I HATE my doctor) asking to go on different meds, but at the same time I'm kinda in a part of my life were I want to have something I can rely on, as I'm going to start school and start driving (again).

Oh yeah, my anxiety is sky high. When I was on Paxil though I felt... nothing. I wasn't anxious anymore or sad, but I wasn't "happy" either, just content with literally everything and it made me feel... Strange I guess? There was a huge difference from being on, and then off of it. Being on it was like being in a haze. I would recommend, if you felt comfortable enough, maybe switching medications, and maybe get a different doctor.

SquishyLaughter

Postby SquishyLaughter » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Depression is just awful for ones sex drive in general. I am not on any meds for mine as I am told that I have it well under control *cough* bullshit *cough*

Been just about two years since I have had any major sex drive. Bad Dragon toys have helped a little, but....

Curses, depression!
Dashy

Postby Dashy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:39 pm

I find that as long as I keep busy or engaged in something I'm fine, free time and falling asleep = the killer of happy thoughts.
Casma

Postby Casma » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:45 pm

oh, ick. yeah find a new doctor.

I've had doctors (always men tbh) think I'm just making shit up, or I just need to eat kale or some other garbage. I left those fuckers and now have the best counselor ever and a pretty decent doctor too. It's totally worth it to find a different doctor.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:36 pm

I see a psychiatrist for my ADHD meds and during my last visit he really wanted me to start taking an anti-anxiety med as well. It's no fun dealing with a pushy doctor when you tell them no :eyeroll: I took Welbutrin in high school for depression and while it helped with not feeling as bad, it was hard to notice any moments of happiness... I don't want to deal with that again!

I hope you can find something that works for you!
ImageImage
queeroqueso

Postby queeroqueso » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:37 pm

HungryStray wrote:
Casma wrote:

I'm actually on a generic form of Paxil, and have been since...middle school I think?

For me, I lost my libido due to depression, and Wellbutrin brought it back. Your mileage may vary, but I've found that Wellbutrin has been absolutely lifesaving.
► Show Spoiler
Casma

Postby Casma » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:46 pm

queeroqueso wrote:
HungryStray wrote:^I was on Paxil for depression a couple months and the blue balling was real. It was next to impossible to get off and when I did I was like... "Well... That was dissapointing."

For me, I lost my libido due to depression, and Wellbutrin brought it back. Your mileage may vary, but I've found that Wellbutrin has been absolutely lifesaving.

I've heard that wellbutrin doesn't have a lot of the same flatness as other SSRIs...in fact it isn't even a SSRI is it? Have also heard people have good success pairing it with a traditional SSRI to help them actually feel emotions again. If I remember correctly it doesn't hit anxiety very hard, so pairing it with another med usually is best. That might be a solid choice for not crushing sex drive!
queeroqueso

Postby queeroqueso » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:47 pm

queeroqueso wrote:

Did a lil search. I'll have to read up on it. I'm not seeing anything about it treating anxiety, which is a pretty big thing for me too. though I think i could manage it when I start going to school and not relying on others so much.
Thanks for the recommendation! I don't think I've ever heard of it before.

No problem! I know how crushing it can be to lose all desire for anything sexual. The worst side effect I got was dry mouth, but I'm also on the lowest dose.
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Thanks everyone, you've really helped me a lot to not feel so alone in all of this!
I'll do a bit of googling tomorrow and take some notes to talk to my doctor about stuff next time I see him.
It probably won't be for a little while. Lot of stuff going on until after my bday. So gives me a lot of time to think.

I just wish I could enjoy my hundreds/thousands of dollars of toys more than once a year :stick:

I was on Wellbutrin for almost a year. I'm asexual with a low libido to begin with, but I can't say that it really impacted my sex drive much. I'm pretty sure I still masturbated roughly the same amount as I did before I got on it. I'm off of it now though. Back in 2012 I had a seizure and then an EEG revealed that I'm epileptic. The Wellbutrin didn't cause it, but it did lower my seizure threshold, so I had a seizure triggered when I might not have had one if I weren't on it. Anyway, my neurologist took me off of it. The good thing is that my anti-convulsant (Keppra, generic) does have anti-anxiety/anti-depressant characteristics and I'm also more mature now than I was then. I still have my moments, but I cope pretty all right compared to how I was before the Wellbutrin and then the Keppra. My doc (regular, not neurologist) did prescribe me a bottle of Xanax for if I ever felt acute anxiety. Fortunately, I haven't had to take even just half a pill, but it's good to know that I have it just in case something does happen.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Dashy

Postby Dashy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:54 pm

Bad Dragon should really ditch pay pal and use google wallet instead, paypal is by far the worst company ever, apparently they are just going to keep my money frozen indefinitely until their robot decides I can have it back, apparently it doesnt give a time amount, a reason, and cant be overridden. Paypal is absolute trash. Now I have $170 sitting in my paypal and I can't buy my toy.
lolnope

Postby lolnope » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Just random popping in, but thought I'd post my bit as well. I have major depression, and I've been medicated for it since before I was a teenager (some 13+ years, I think). I am also anorgasmic, likely as a result of the medication (Cymbalta, for the past like ten years). I switched doses and tried combination with Wellbutrin to try and work around this this past year (went from 90mg to 60mg Cymbalta, and added 150 then upped to 300mg Wellbutrin). The Wellbutrin works well with my Cymbalta at this dose, but has not done anything for the sexual side effect/s (possible vaginal dryness as well, but who knows that could just be the fact I'm usually dehydrated or something).

I don't know if it did anything for my sexual drive; the way I've always experienced sexual desire is like the difference between being mentally aroused, and physically aroused*. I've always tended towards being mentally aroused, not too often have I been physically aroused. I idly play with myself a lot, but it doesn't too often lead to full on masturbation. I don't feel like the Wellbutrin changed the frequency of either activity.

**[That's not the best analogy, because I do get actually physically aroused and secrete and junk, but I very rarely get that whole-body-hot, stomach-drop inducing, hurmina-hurmina arousal.]
Female | Attached | 1 Werewolf Dong
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Dashy wrote:Bad Dragon should really ditch pay pal and use google wallet instead, paypal is by far the worst company ever, apparently they are just going to keep my money frozen indefinitely until their robot decides I can have it back, apparently it doesnt give a time amount, a reason, and cant be overridden. Paypal is absolute trash. Now I have $170 sitting in my paypal and I can't buy my toy.

What do you mean? Rather, where did the money come from that would make it frozen? That seems very unusual... The only time I wasn't able to immediately use money was when I sent an invoice for an item. It took a few days before they released it, and I don't remember the exact reason, but I know that I was able to find the reason on their site... You might also want to contact them customer service if you're really having that frustrating of a time.

Personally, I prefer PayPal. I don't use Google Wallet, so that would be personally annoying for me if they swapped. We all like different things though. :)
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée

Return to “General Discussion”