/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
ffirebbird
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:10 am
Gender: plasma dude
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby ffirebbird » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:23 pm

Navigator wrote:I've only kind ofbeen paying attention to the new promos/specialty colors/etc, but I just got the email about the Jester's Queen colors and I legit looked at my phone and said, "How the FUCK do you do that?!" BD is clearly staffed by wizards. (Also I don't know a damn thing about cocksmithing so I'm easily impressed.)

Also, now I really want a toy in JQ classic, even though I've been trying to *shrink* my toy collection. :psyduck: Wizards, I tell you.


I'm guessing they extrude through a tube with a partition in the middle so they can separate the colors.
21/MImageImage Special thanks to Chibity for the mini avatars
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Does anybody know if we can get the Last Laugh color on a large Tongue?

I'm not seeing it as an option, but I don't see why it couldn't be done when they've got Jester's Queen Then as an option for the Tongue (which also includes a sloppy seconds effect)...?
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
Rispy_Girl
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Rispy_Girl » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:47 pm

ffirebbird wrote:
Navigator wrote:I've only kind ofbeen paying attention to the new promos/specialty colors/etc, but I just got the email about the Jester's Queen colors and I legit looked at my phone and said, "How the FUCK do you do that?!" BD is clearly staffed by wizards. (Also I don't know a damn thing about cocksmithing so I'm easily impressed.)

Also, now I really want a toy in JQ classic, even though I've been trying to *shrink* my toy collection. :psyduck: Wizards, I tell you.


I'm guessing they extrude through a tube with a partition in the middle so they can separate the colors.


I'm guessing they have a flexible partition that they put in the mold and slowly pull it out as they pour. Or maybe two syringes with the colors sucked at intervals squirted at the same time.
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1428
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby reine » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:18 am

The ready-made Crash that I ordered during the 20% off sale has a big nick at the bottom of the shaft. There's a second nick on the other side of the shaft, but it's a little smaller.

I kinda feel like I should ticket about it, since it wasn't marked down as a flop or anything, but idk if that'd be too nit-picky. :misc6: I don't want a replacement, but I do think it should've been listed as a flop...
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
User avatar
Screamy
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:26 am
Gender: NB

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Screamy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:34 am

reine wrote:The ready-made Crash that I ordered during the 20% off sale has a big nick at the bottom of the shaft. There's a second nick on the other side of the shaft, but it's a little smaller.

I kinda feel like I should ticket about it, since it wasn't marked down as a flop or anything, but idk if that'd be too nit-picky. :misc6: I don't want a replacement, but I do think it should've been listed as a flop...

Couldn't hurt to send a ticket. They might partially refund you to the price of a flop.
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
User avatar
furryknotfun
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:17 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Utah

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby furryknotfun » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:00 am

reine wrote:The ready-made Crash that I ordered during the 20% off sale has a big nick at the bottom of the shaft. There's a second nick on the other side of the shaft, but it's a little smaller.

I kinda feel like I should ticket about it, since it wasn't marked down as a flop or anything, but idk if that'd be too nit-picky. :misc6: I don't want a replacement, but I do think it should've been listed as a flop...



Same thing here with my Chance I ordered. There is 2 spots that bother me not being listed a s a flop. A small air bubble hole on the shaft and also at the base where the colors change there is a larger spot that is quite noticeable that it will actually open up almost a quarter in long. When I seen your post I looked at the stock picture and you can actually see the larger one in the base if you know what to look for. I too will be sending a ticket about this to CS to see what they say. Just sad I haven't tried him out yet because of this. Grrr.

I don't think you are being too picky a sale is a sale and a flop is a flop we paid for what was listed and not fair to accept less.

Also I noticed that towards the end of the sale some drops and certain toys BD jacked up the prices on (which irritated me) and when you look thru the adoptions still you can see they are higher priced than identical models. They did that with the chance I really wanted.
Ready to part with, Sell or Trade or?, PM if curious!
Crash - Sm W/Ct .......Roland - Mini W/Ct...........Roland - Md W/Sc & Ct

PM always welcome! Love to make new friends!
User avatar
DoorsofDurin
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:56 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby DoorsofDurin » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:02 pm

The Jester's Queen Classic looks amazing! I wish I was in the market for a toy that pattern would work on.
Collection and wishes under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:31 pm

furryknotfun wrote:
reine wrote:The ready-made Crash that I ordered during the 20% off sale has a big nick at the bottom of the shaft. There's a second nick on the other side of the shaft, but it's a little smaller.

I kinda feel like I should ticket about it, since it wasn't marked down as a flop or anything, but idk if that'd be too nit-picky. :misc6: I don't want a replacement, but I do think it should've been listed as a flop...



Same thing here with my Chance I ordered. There is 2 spots that bother me not being listed a s a flop. A small air bubble hole on the shaft and also at the base where the colors change there is a larger spot that is quite noticeable that it will actually open up almost a quarter in long. When I seen your post I looked at the stock picture and you can actually see the larger one in the base if you know what to look for. I too will be sending a ticket about this to CS to see what they say. Just sad I haven't tried him out yet because of this. Grrr.

I don't think you are being too picky a sale is a sale and a flop is a flop we paid for what was listed and not fair to accept less.

Also I noticed that towards the end of the sale some drops and certain toys BD jacked up the prices on (which irritated me) and when you look thru the adoptions still you can see they are higher priced than identical models. They did that with the chance I really wanted.


I agree. I couldn't figure out the pricing differences on some of the toys, especially in the last few days of the sale, like... why are two M/5s of the same model, both listed as ready-made Rogues, different prices?

And in my opinion they should refund for flops that weren't labeled, even if there was also a sale on at the time. It doesn't really matter if with the sale you were paying "standard flop price", because it should have been 20% off the flop price. 3/4 of my toys (all bought during the sale) were flops, and they were all marked down to flop price and then the 20% was taken off the top. So my flopped medium Pretzal was 20% off base price for the flop (marked down to $80 from $100) and then the 20% from the sale was taken off $80, so it ended up being $64.

I'd also be upset if it was labeled as a flop for one reason but ended up also having other issues, since I'm only okay with some flop reasons. That's just something I was anxious about, though; it didn't happen to me and I haven't heard of it happening to others in this sale, just the flopped toys that weren't marked as flops thing.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I have just about every toy on my wishlist aside from an anal toy (which isn't a big deal)

But the more I see the Guardian the more I want it.
There is NO WAY I could knot it, and with that and the balls it's a huge waste of money for me, but UGH that shaft looks so :misc2: :excited:

Maybe I'll try to snag one on black friday. Won't be the prettiest but can't argue with that price!

Anyone have one and want to chime in?

i snagged a freak firm shaft guardian
:bugeyed:
he's wonderful!!!!!!

can't knot him but daaaaamn

I have a custom firm split but the med shaft just doesn't do it for me :(
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
memphs
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:41 am
Gender: female
Location: Southern California

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby memphs » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:08 pm

I just had the best surprise :surprised:
I have been wanting to see how two of my newest toys glow so I turned off the lights. Scorn and Nox were like fucking night lites, as usual :stick: The new ones needed to be charged, they didn't really glow at all. But I noticed one was glowing that I've never seen before - it turned out to be my Elden, the first toy I ever bought! I've had the damn thing for 9 months, it's been in the dark plenty of times and I always stop to look at my toys glowing after I turn off the lights so idk HOW I missed this! The part that glows is a really strange blueish gray purpley color and it doesn't look GITD at all. To think I had once thought of selling him too, I'd have never known :laugh: With the red, veiny marble mixed in, it has a very cool look though.
Image
Female | Bi | 25 | Single | 49 Toys | 9 Eggs

Waiting On
None!

WTS List
► Show Spoiler


WTB List
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Rispy_Girl
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Rispy_Girl » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:09 am

Idra wrote:
furryknotfun wrote:
reine wrote:The ready-made Crash that I ordered during the 20% off sale has a big nick at the bottom of the shaft. There's a second nick on the other side of the shaft, but it's a little smaller.

I kinda feel like I should ticket about it, since it wasn't marked down as a flop or anything, but idk if that'd be too nit-picky. :misc6: I don't want a replacement, but I do think it should've been listed as a flop...



Same thing here with my Chance I ordered. There is 2 spots that bother me not being listed a s a flop. A small air bubble hole on the shaft and also at the base where the colors change there is a larger spot that is quite noticeable that it will actually open up almost a quarter in long. When I seen your post I looked at the stock picture and you can actually see the larger one in the base if you know what to look for. I too will be sending a ticket about this to CS to see what they say. Just sad I haven't tried him out yet because of this. Grrr.

I don't think you are being too picky a sale is a sale and a flop is a flop we paid for what was listed and not fair to accept less.

Also I noticed that towards the end of the sale some drops and certain toys BD jacked up the prices on (which irritated me) and when you look thru the adoptions still you can see they are higher priced than identical models. They did that with the chance I really wanted.


I agree. I couldn't figure out the pricing differences on some of the toys, especially in the last few days of the sale, like... why are two M/5s of the same model, both listed as ready-made Rogues, different prices?

And in my opinion they should refund for flops that weren't labeled, even if there was also a sale on at the time. It doesn't really matter if with the sale you were paying "standard flop price", because it should have been 20% off the flop price. 3/4 of my toys (all bought during the sale) were flops, and they were all marked down to flop price and then the 20% was taken off the top. So my flopped medium Pretzal was 20% off base price for the flop (marked down to $80 from $100) and then the 20% from the sale was taken off $80, so it ended up being $64.

I'd also be upset if it was labeled as a flop for one reason but ended up also having other issues, since I'm only okay with some flop reasons. That's just something I was anxious about, though; it didn't happen to me and I haven't heard of it happening to others in this sale, just the flopped toys that weren't marked as flops thing.


Is it possible that they actually lowered the price on some of the older stock to help get it to move and sell?
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:46 am

Rispy_Girl wrote:
Idra wrote:
furryknotfun wrote:

:words:


:words:


Is it possible that they actually lowered the price on some of the older stock to help get it to move and sell?


Edited: It's possible, I suppose. Need to do more digging, thought my example worked but it didn't.

Plus, also... if BD lowered the prices on old inventory, wouldn't that be something they'd try to market as a GOOD thing? Like, "Fantastic sale! Everything under #100000 must go!!" or something. Just marking the older ones down and not telling anyone about it doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint.
Last edited by Idra on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
Rispy_Girl
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Rispy_Girl » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:58 am

Idra wrote:
Rispy_Girl wrote:
Idra wrote:
:words:


Is it possible that they actually lowered the price on some of the older stock to help get it to move and sell?


Edited: It's possible, I suppose. Need to do more digging, thought my example worked but it didn't.

Plus, also... if BD lowered the prices on old inventory, wouldn't that be something they'd try to market as a GOOD thing? Like, "Fantastic sale! Everything under #100000 must go!!" or something. Just marking the older ones down and not telling anyone about it doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint.


True true, not that everything they do makes sense from my point of view lol. :mystery:
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:06 am

Rispy_Girl wrote:
Idra wrote:
Rispy_Girl wrote:
Is it possible that they actually lowered the price on some of the older stock to help get it to move and sell?


Edited: It's possible, I suppose. Need to do more digging, thought my example worked but it didn't.

Plus, also... if BD lowered the prices on old inventory, wouldn't that be something they'd try to market as a GOOD thing? Like, "Fantastic sale! Everything under #100000 must go!!" or something. Just marking the older ones down and not telling anyone about it doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint.


True true, not that everything they do makes sense from my point of view lol. :mystery:


Upon further digging, I don't know what's going on or if there's a rhyme or reason to it at all. I just found 4 flopped large Tysons for $91, $104, $120, and $130 (which is full price) respectively. Why??? Do different flops get discounted different amounts? I may never understand BD's pricing system.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
Rispy_Girl
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Rispy_Girl » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:13 am

Idra wrote:
Rispy_Girl wrote:
Idra wrote:
Edited: It's possible, I suppose. Need to do more digging, thought my example worked but it didn't.

Plus, also... if BD lowered the prices on old inventory, wouldn't that be something they'd try to market as a GOOD thing? Like, "Fantastic sale! Everything under #100000 must go!!" or something. Just marking the older ones down and not telling anyone about it doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint.


True true, not that everything they do makes sense from my point of view lol. :mystery:


Upon further digging, I don't know what's going on or if there's a rhyme or reason to it at all. I just found 4 flopped large Tysons for $91, $104, $120, and $130 (which is full price) respectively. Why??? Do different flops get discounted different amounts? I may never understand BD's pricing system.


Welp, now I'm even more confused than before. Maybe it's human error :mystery: Now I kinda want to check all of my purchases...
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1428
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby reine » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:41 am

My friend and I got our customs today! My Nox (gryphon's natural with sloppy seconds) looks great, but their Mountain Drake is... a really sloppy fade, unfortunately- it's supposed to be a full-toy fade, but it ends just after the head- and we don't know if the Spooky Seconds highlight glows the right colour. :'( We're gonna check the glow colour, but I'll probably send in a ticket later.

Our teenie packs were kinda disappointing, too. ;; I somehow managed to get four of my least-favorite models in mine, haha... The snow leopard looks even more toe-like in teenie size. :tinfoil:
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
User avatar
ChaosRed
Posts: 656
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:00 am
Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby ChaosRed » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:03 am

reine wrote:My friend and I got our customs today! My Nox (gryphon's natural with sloppy seconds) looks great, but their Mountain Drake is... a really sloppy fade, unfortunately- it's supposed to be a full-toy fade, but it ends just after the head- and we don't know if the Spooky Seconds highlight glows the right colour. :'( We're gonna check the glow colour, but I'll probably send in a ticket later.

Our teenie packs were kinda disappointing, too. ;; I somehow managed to get four of my least-favorite models in mine, haha... The snow leopard looks even more toe-like in teenie size. :tinfoil:


Oh WOW! The Snow Leopard totally looks like a toe! :laugh:

Good thing it's not a model I'm interested in.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Rispy_Girl
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Rispy_Girl » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:31 am

Rispy_Girl wrote:
Idra wrote:
Rispy_Girl wrote:
True true, not that everything they do makes sense from my point of view lol. :mystery:


Upon further digging, I don't know what's going on or if there's a rhyme or reason to it at all. I just found 4 flopped large Tysons for $91, $104, $120, and $130 (which is full price) respectively. Why??? Do different flops get discounted different amounts? I may never understand BD's pricing system.


Welp, now I'm even more confused than before. Maybe it's human error :mystery: Now I kinda want to check all of my purchases...


Some of them may be mispriced. After reading this I went through and checked my orders. One of my flop toys was listed at normal price. I ticketed about another, but it was priced more due to special color. I already got a response offering a refund or store credit for the difference. If any of you feel like something is off about your order it can't hurt to send in a ticket. :smile:
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Rispy_Girl wrote:
Rispy_Girl wrote:
Idra wrote:
Upon further digging, I don't know what's going on or if there's a rhyme or reason to it at all. I just found 4 flopped large Tysons for $91, $104, $120, and $130 (which is full price) respectively. Why??? Do different flops get discounted different amounts? I may never understand BD's pricing system.


Welp, now I'm even more confused than before. Maybe it's human error :mystery: Now I kinda want to check all of my purchases...


Some of them may be mispriced. After reading this I went through and checked my orders. One of my flop toys was listed at normal price. I ticketed about another, but it was priced more due to special color. I already got a response offering a refund or store credit for the difference. If any of you feel like something is off about your order it can't hurt to send in a ticket. :smile:


Nothing untoward happened to me (my purchases were all correctly priced and fine), but I'm glad to hear they're fixing it promptly for people that were affected by any weird pricing stuff!
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1428
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby reine » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:24 am

I want to ticket about the custom Mountain Drake I got again, but I don't want to be pushy. :misc6:

When I ordered it, I asked for a full-toy fade of the light blue from Terra's Natural to white. I was told this would be possible, and the order was placed!

... but when I got it, the blue was only in the tip- it cuts off just after the head. Most faded Mountain Drakes I've seen have the fade colours split more 50/50, not 25/75, so I sent in a ticket with some photos.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg


I was told that Terra's blue is translucent, so the opaque white overpowered it, and that it was the best the pourers could do... and then my ticket was marked as "Solved". :psyduck:

I just feel kind of... disheartened, I guess? I was told the fade would be possible, but then I received a just-barely fade that's mostly white with only a tiny bit of blue. When I ticketed about my custom green/teal fade Vergil that only had the green in the tip, I was offered a repour.
I didn't know Terra's blue was translucent and wouldn't fade well with white; it doesn't say "translucent" anywhere on Terra's page. ;; I didn't think to ask about it when I ordered because it never occurred to me.

Most of the time, if a colour I ticket about might not turn out well, I get a "This might not turn out as planned; is that alright?", but I was told they could fade these colours before ordering, and then told they couldn't really fade these colours after receiving the toy.

I kind of want to ticket again- I would've ordered a different colour if I'd known this wouldn't have faded well- but I don't want to seem, like, aggressive or pushy or something. :sniffing: Even if it doesn't fade too well, a bit more equal colour distribution (like... 50/50-ish white/blue) would've been fine, but a spot of blue on a white toy isn't... really what I paid for.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests