/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Rispy_Girl

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Rispy_Girl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:48 pm

I'm curious, do customs tend to go better if a mockup picture is sent to them in addition to the verbal explanation?
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:46 pm

Rispy_Girl wrote:I'm curious, do customs tend to go better if a mockup picture is sent to them in addition to the verbal explanation?

It completely depends. There are things to remember when ordering customs.

1) The more questions you ask CS before placing the order, the better, getting to grips with what does and doesn't want to work well will benefit your overall ordering experience. Don't be afraid to ask them questions, they love getting color questions. <3

2) Mock ups can be helpful because when they have a clear visual of what you are after it aids them in finding existing colors/patterns that work together to best achieve the target product. Stock pictures of inventory can be used in the same way. Also, existing pictures of fantasy genitalia are acceptable, no need to be shy.

3) Picking existing colors close to what you're after are something I would recommend personally, typically your toy will be produced faster, and there's a lot less guess work, more practiced formula they can follow. When picking a color by hex code alone, I'd recommend giving them an inspiration picture containing the desired color so they have multiple examples to work from.

4) Do as much of your own research as you are possibly able (reinforcing the asking CS of questions beforehand, even asking their insight will help). If they tell you something can't be done, ask if there is something similar they can do to get close, or if there's a more reliable color pattern. Going hand and hand with this, is be willing to make compromises, they reduce the dissapointment rate on your end significantly.

5) Understanding that no matter how much research you do, it might still turn out not as expected. Fades, in any form, are notorious for being unpredictable as to where they will end up transitioning, due to the color choice/firmness choice, etc. Marbles depend heavily on the shape of the toy as well as the two aforementioned factors. Silicone, for as much science as you throw at it, is still very much more an art, and it's constantly throwing surprises. Example: I ordered a medium Crackers in 3/8 with metallic red into Jupiter on the shaft. I expected the red to end, at most, halfway down. The red actually wound up completely dominating the Jupiter and is about 3/4 way down the shaft. I, nor they could have predicted that, it's just the way it happenes sometimes.

Ordering a custom is a gamble, but with that statement, anyone who orders a custom agrees to that gamble, and that's the long and short of it. If you aren't willing to potentially be disappointed because you lost the gamble, stick to the inventory. There's nothing wrong with being more comfortable buying what you can see with your eyes. But the payout can be worth it, examples being all of my swapped color toys. They have all been nothing short of perfect in every way. Hope this helps, or at least gives a better idea of what customs entail. <3
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Idra

Postby Idra » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:14 am

HungryStray wrote:Ordering a custom is a gamble, but with that statement, anyone who orders a custom agrees to that gamble, and that's the long and short of it. If you aren't willing to potentially be disappointed because you lost the gamble, stick to the inventory. There's nothing wrong with being more comfortable buying what you can see with your eyes. But the payout can be worth it

Yeah, that's really where I come down on it. $100+ per toy (for the customs I'd want, anyway) is not an insignificant amount of money to me. I'm willing to pay that much for something I'm confident will turn out how I want -- or at least reasonably close -- but I'm not willing to gamble that much. :shrug: It is what it is.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:20 am

Idra wrote:
HungryStray wrote:Ordering a custom is a gamble, but with that statement, anyone who orders a custom agrees to that gamble, and that's the long and short of it. If you aren't willing to potentially be disappointed because you lost the gamble, stick to the inventory. There's nothing wrong with being more comfortable buying what you can see with your eyes. But the payout can be worth it

Yeah, that's really where I come down on it. $100+ per toy (for the customs I'd want, anyway) is not an insignificant amount of money to me. I'm willing to pay that much for something I'm confident will turn out how I want -- or at least reasonably close -- but I'm not willing to gamble that much. :shrug: It is what it is.

Well in that case I'll stick to drops and second hand. I wonder why they aren't willing to make a max of 4 for the custom, take a pic each time and ask the customer if it's what they want. If they hit the 4 mark, take a pic of each one and let the person choose which they want, then send the rest to adoptions. It seems like they have enough income to be able to do that easy peasy.
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:37 am

HungryStray wrote:If you aren't willing to potentially be disappointed because you lost the gamble, stick to the inventory.

If only more inventory toys had suction cups. They're really rare.
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:35 am

Lipton wrote:What bugs me is that a ticket always get marked as solved after they replied to your email ... Like isn't it up to me to decide if my problem is solved after recieving the answer?! :mystery:
That's so if you never respond they don't end up with a bunch of opened tickets they don't know what to do with. They're finished with the ticket until you do something else with it.
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:20 am

IF it wasn't for the fact that they seem to be able to reopen tickets fairly easily, I'd also be worried about that.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
Kittyqueen

Postby Kittyqueen » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:57 am

mynickname wrote:
Lipton wrote:What bugs me is that a ticket always get marked as solved after they replied to your email ... Like isn't it up to me to decide if my problem is solved after recieving the answer?! :mystery:
That's so if you never respond they don't end up with a bunch of opened tickets they don't know what to do with. They're finished with the ticket until you do something else with it.

Yea, I'm pretty sure that's why they do that. Honestly, it doesn't bother me since I know I can always reopen it, but that's me. :nerdy:
:misc2: :stick:

► Show Spoiler
katze

Postby katze » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:56 am

Kittyqueen wrote:
mynickname wrote:

Yea, I'm pretty sure that's why they do that. Honestly, it doesn't bother me since I know I can always reopen it, but that's me. :nerdy:

As someone who's worked as administration on other sites, that's exactly why we do it. It keeps tickets that have been responded to/dealt with out of the queue and from piling up.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
kt~

Postby kt~ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Rispy_Girl wrote:
Well in that case I'll stick to drops and second hand. I wonder why they aren't willing to make a max of 4 for the custom, take a pic each time and ask the customer if it's what they want. If they hit the 4 mark, take a pic of each one and let the person choose which they want, then send the rest to adoptions. It seems like they have enough income to be able to do that easy peasy.

They used to do exactly this. Not as a written policy, but they used to repour customs for people if it was a very complicated or highly specific request.

But that resulted in a lot of backlog and long waiting times, which people got pissed about.

In the end I guess the impatient people won out. And now everyone else is gambling on their customs :stick: I might as well actually go and gamble for real, it's an easier way to burn my money away and saves me the anger and grief I go through when I get a toy I'm disappointed by.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:54 pm

kt~ wrote:
Rispy_Girl wrote:

They used to do exactly this. Not as a written policy, but they used to repour customs for people if it was a very complicated or highly specific request.

But that resulted in a lot of backlog and long waiting times, which people got pissed about.

In the end I guess the impatient people won out. And now everyone else is gambling on their customs :stick: I might as well actually go and gamble for real, it's an easier way to burn my money away and saves me the anger and grief I go through when I get a toy I'm disappointed by.

Blarg :unamused:
reine

Postby reine » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:00 pm

I just received an email from BD Management today!

They can't repour my chosen colours, but they offered either a replacement in a custom colour or an extra $40 in store credit. I just asked about what "custom colour" entails (solid? surprise? fade/marble?), but woah, that was a nice surprise!
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:03 pm

reine wrote:I just received an email from BD Management today!

They can't repour my chosen colours, but they offered either a replacement in a custom colour or an extra $40 in store credit. I just asked about what "custom colour" entails (solid? surprise? fade/marble?), but woah, that was a nice surprise!

Good! I'm very glad you got a reasonable compensation!
kt~

Postby kt~ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:15 pm

That's great! What are you going to pick?
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
reine

Postby reine » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:03 pm

kt~ wrote:

They said they're happy to work with me on verifying a different custom fade, so I'm probably going with that instead of store credit.

I totally wasn't expecting to get a follow-up ticket like this, so that's exciting!
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
katze

Postby katze » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:05 pm

reine wrote:
kt~ wrote:

They said they're happy to work with me on verifying a different custom fade, so I'm probably going with that instead of store credit.

I totally wasn't expecting to get a follow-up ticket like this, so that's exciting!

I'm so happy for you, that's great!

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:06 am

Yep, totally saw this happening.

'Streamline' everything and the overall quality suffers...pushing people away.

Not to mention the complete excuse CS has become nowadays. It is depressing when you receive completely different answers from different team members for the same exact question. Or get completely shut down asking for a repour of a custom that clearly needs a repour...(or in my case; return product, ask for repour, and I'll pay shipping fees both ways....still get told no)

Since this 'update,' everything has gone downhill, and I really feel bad for BD; used to be all about quality, but now it just gives off that 'only in it for money' vibe, which sucks as BD should care more about the customer, and when they screw up something...fix it....regardless on how much 'profit' they lose...custom color or not.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:39 am

TeOzMaC wrote:Yep, totally saw this happening.

'Streamline' everything and the overall quality suffers...pushing people away.

Not to mention the complete excuse CS has become nowadays. It is depressing when you receive completely different answers from different team members for the same exact question. Or get completely shut down asking for a repour of a custom that clearly needs a repour...(or in my case; return product, ask for repour, and I'll pay shipping fees both ways....still get told no)

Since this 'update,' everything has gone downhill, and I really feel bad for BD; used to be all about quality, but now it just gives off that 'only in it for money' vibe, which sucks as BD should care more about the customer, and when they screw up something...fix it....regardless on how much 'profit' they lose...custom color or not.

The problem is that these issues have always existed well before the "streamlining" took place. You can look up many instances of unhappy customers, in fact, you can do it for almost any company you can think of. You also have to think that it's a pretty subjective thing on what's passable and what isn't. What could be okay for one person could be completely wrong for another. I'm not trying to excuse anything, because honestly when you pay as much as you do for these toys I feel like it's okay to really get what you wanted. But really if you look back through the forums and online you'll see that the different answers from team members, confusion on what's available, and overall quality issues have been present for a while.
Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 am

Yes, it has been here since I have been here from 2009.

My point is that is has been getting increasingly problematic since the update. Quality and visual appearance have been the main selling points for BD for years, but this whole thing feels like they don't anymore. Many people would rather wait 2+months for a nearly perfect custom rather than getting a 5 day wait custom that has flaws or improperly colored in some fashion..then follow it up with pretty much being told, "deal with it," even if you try to help. Even after resticting color combinations and 'simplifying' existing colors, there are more problems now than before. True, they have more business/sale now, but they should not have to lower overall quality or completely remove things to make that business/sale happen.

There are tons of companies that have done this and hurt themselves....possibly the best current example is CoD v. Battlefield: completely different product genre, yes, but one listens to its community and builds from it and the other idolizes newcomers over its very own community and proceedes to use its popularity as a selling point while the product's quality lowers. (Talking about previous installments for both)

Another one is Fiat Chrysler.....and I don't even need to explain this one.

"Looks good on paper" - no, just no.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:22 am

I fail to see how things have gotten to be more problematic since the update. This isn't meant as a confrontation or argument, but a few known instances since the update doesn't mean it's all going downhill by any means.

I haven't had any issue with CS or BD's practices in general since I joined up. There have been changes that initially made me worry a bit, but it all evened out and months later, the only thing that ended up affecting me, was shorter wait times, so it ended up benefiting me.

With any change there is going to be someone unsatisfied with it. Listening to customers is simple enough if you figure that every one of their customers wants the same thing from them, but it's not that way. While some are unhappy with the way customs are handled these days, I'm perfectly happy with how it is, and I'm not in doubt that there are others who share my feelings on it. -Shrugged.-
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.

Return to “General Discussion”