/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
kt~

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby kt~ » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Well yeah, of course not everyone is going to have a problem order, that much should be obvious. In fact I've had many good orders from BD in the past year, all my orders were perfectly fine until this "streamline" thing happened and then my Xar issue happened. First they sent me the wrong size, they sent me a new one in the right size, and that one's color is really bad and muddy looking compared to the first one they sent me, the color it was supposed to be. So it makes me suspicious how my first problematic order happened during this streamlining, almost like they started rushing orders out the door without QC, to keep wait times down.

I mean, how can a proper QC send the completely wrong size toy? These are people who handle these toys all day, for a job. I'm not saying the QC people are bad, just that they must have been rushed a lot to keep down the backlog. The toy was shipped exactly 4 days after I ordered it, and the replacement was shipped exactly one day after I contacted CS, that doesn't seem like much turnaround time to check things over and make sure everything is correct. Like I said, they used to send pictures of customs for complicated requests, and do repours if something was wrong. That, I think, was the main cause of all the backlog.

(Also, disclaimer, this is theory, I don't know anything for a fact about the inner workings of BD)

And I know I keep referring to complicated requests, but some of the awful customs I've seen weren't even complicated requests. Like this simple 2 color fade :/
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Laz

Postby Laz » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:03 pm

I appreciate what BD has done in terms of speeding stuff up a lot, but they really shouldn't rush!

Not saying I'm not thrilled that my order of 3 customs shipped in 5 days, though. That is SWEET. Especially since my last order of 2 customs took three months, back in September-Octoberish.
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:14 pm

kt~ wrote:And I know I keep referring to complicated requests, but some of the awful customs I've seen weren't even complicated requests. Like this simple 2 color fade :/

That particular fade, being semi translucent into an opaque color is a trickier pour. The person who ordered that might've have known, I'm pretty sure they didn't, but it was a request that might have otherwise been turned down because it's not typical of them to allow the mixing of translucents and solids.

I'm assuming that is why they asked them to pick a different color for the replacement pour, simply because the two don't mesh well. It's down to human error why the request was passed, and that will happen from time to time. I'm sure they'll be more cautious to catch it in future.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
reine

Postby reine » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Apparently the fade colours I'd chosen didn't transition well because one colour was opaque and one was translucent. That's probably more of a silicone-mixing issue than a QC one, but... I'd been told "No customs involving translucents due to production limitations" in past, so when my blue-to-white fade request was given the go-ahead, I assumed that meant the blue wasn't translucent.

That ended up not being the case, and I found out after I'd received my order that the blue was translucent, which is why the two colours didn't mix well. I don't blame CS for this, but it would've been nice to know that one of the colours was translucent prior to ordering, especially since I'd been told "We can't do custom translucents; they don't mix well" in past.

In any case, I was given $20 store credit and then later offered a different pour (??!! totally unexpected, but super cool), so it's okay now. :widesmile:

CS has been super helpful 99% of the time (save for one incident last year where a custom ticket went through 5 people and my order got messed up), but I do agree that it's strange how people receive multiple different answers to the same questions. :psyduck: I don't think that's the fault of any of the CS reps, but it's still weird.

After they started this "streamlining" thing, one of my friends got a custom Hot Zone Scorn with a black speck on the tip (?), and my mini Cockatrice has a small air bubble. Those are too minor to matter to me, but I've seen toys flop for those exact reasons. Getting my orders faster is awesome, and my last 3-custom order was perfect, but I do hope that BD isn't feeling the need to rush. :'0
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Kittyqueen

Postby Kittyqueen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:41 pm

I wonder if they're training new people who aren't used to catching all these little things and that's why some small things are being missed? I mean, this would make the most sense to me. Training new people can be hard, and things will be missed. I don't know, I guess that's just my two cents. :eyeroll:
:misc2: :stick:

► Show Spoiler
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Kittyqueen wrote:I wonder if they're training new people who aren't used to catching all these little things and that's why some small things are being missed? I mean, this would make the most sense to me. Training new people can be hard, and things will be missed. I don't know, I guess that's just my two cents. :eyeroll:

Doubtful. This sort of thing has been going on for over a year.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
reine

Postby reine » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Just got some photos of my requested repour, and AAAAAA IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!! I wasn't sure if they'd be able to do it or not, but apparently it was possible! :buddy: Reverse Brazen Mail fade with Duka-Cola spooky highlight:

image.png
image.png

Talk about a nice surprise! ;v; I sent off my approval, and I'm super excited to see this in person.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:42 pm

reine wrote:Just got some photos of my requested repour, and AAAAAA IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!! I wasn't sure if they'd be able to do it or not, but apparently it was possible! :buddy: Reverse Brazen Mail fade with Duka-Cola spooky highlight:

image.png
image.png

Talk about a nice surprise! ;v; I sent off my approval, and I'm super excited to see this in person.

That's WAY pretty! Congrats!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:45 pm

reine wrote:Just got some photos of my requested repour, and AAAAAA IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!! I wasn't sure if they'd be able to do it or not, but apparently it was possible! :buddy: Reverse Brazen Mail fade with Duka-Cola spooky highlight:

image.png
image.png

Awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:34 pm

image.png
image.png

And now I know I'm a sucker for GITD toys. Very nice. Glad they were able to fix that for you. :smilenox:
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
kt~

Postby kt~ » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:42 pm

image.png
image.png

Wow, it's super nice! Glad they got it fixed for you.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:28 pm

How in the hecky heck did you convince them to do that?! O.o You are so lucky!
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:34 pm

:unamused:

image.png
image.png

Oh my god, that is sexy sexy sexy. Wheww
reine

Postby reine » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Akanisen wrote:How in the hecky heck did you convince them to do that?! O.o You are so lucky!

I have no idea! :psyduck: I wasn't even sure if it'd be possible, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask... And then they sent me some photos for approval the next day! I'm still kind of in shock, haha.
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:16 pm

That is a really stunning pour.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Ziarre

Postby Ziarre » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:20 am

Wow...that is gorgeous. Love it!
Feliciaty

Postby Feliciaty » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:37 pm

What a discount!

:stick:
Female|Asexual|Not looking for partner
|21|Artist|Writer|
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:43 pm

What a deal! :laugh:
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
BorisLover

Postby BorisLover » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:59 am

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I'm really craving a god anal toy. I've been thinking of the gryphon, but I'm still debating. I was thinking of getting a Rex and just using the shaft because that taper/bulge looks like it would feel mmmmmm
Winstons tail does nothing for me, and I kinda want something less textured. Mini bumble piques my interest but there are never any mini flops.

Anyone wanna chime in with a less conventional anal toy?

edit to say that the failed suction cup on my snow leopard actually sticks to the wall :laugh:
Wouldn't work to ride it or anything, but it stuck to the shower wall and wouldn't move.
it's very, very shallow and off center. Didn't expect it to work!

Im female and havent toyed anally in ages but I can wholeheartedly atest to UF medium 5 chance (it was legacy though so i dont know the equivlant size).
You wouldnt think something so seemingly smooth could feel so amazing ! But man it does wonders.
Also loved using my medium 5 gryphon. I never knotted it though but again that gradual stretch was heaven. If its texture youre after I really cant help though.
Just my personal experiences !
Avatar made by Drazard ! ~ Happily Claimed ~ ♡
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:51 am

i am wondering why Austin has a few of the colors. like no "artic fox austin"

I don't know what else to be asking.
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt

Return to “General Discussion”