/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Prydri
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:06 am
Gender: F>M Someday

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Prydri » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 am

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I'm really craving a god anal toy. I've been thinking of the gryphon, but I'm still debating. I was thinking of getting a Rex and just using the shaft because that taper/bulge looks like it would feel mmmmmm
Winstons tail does nothing for me, and I kinda want something less textured. Mini bumble piques my interest but there are never any mini flops.

Anyone wanna chime in with a less conventional anal toy?

edit to say that the failed suction cup on my snow leopard actually sticks to the wall :laugh:
Wouldn't work to ride it or anything, but it stuck to the shower wall and wouldn't move.
it's very, very shallow and off center. Didn't expect it to work!



Oddly enough my favorite anal toy these days has been my medium/medium Nocturne. The head shape makes insertion a breeze and the series of bulges help with gradual stretching and being able to tell just how far in it is, kinda feels like less abrupt anal beads or something. I haven't knotted him yet in that size yet but keep getting so freaking close xD
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:59 pm

... Currently reevaluating my opinion of a) this sale and b) the gryphon and nocturne models.

Hmmmm.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
Ixick
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Gender: FtM

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Ixick » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:04 am

Idra wrote:... Currently reevaluating my opinion of a) this sale and b) the gryphon and nocturne models.

Hmmmm.


I'm a big fan of the gryphon :widesmile: It was my first toy that wasn't some cheapo plastic thing, and I happen to find it to be just the right size and shape for me as a warm-up. It might be a little pointy for some people, though, so if you don't like pointy-toys it might be best to either get it in a soft or else pass on it.

Speaking of pointy-toys...I'm kind of rethinking the Demon Dick, even though it's so limited in options and doesn't have any in-stock inventory :stick: I don't really want to wait for a "custom" when there's no real choices involved.
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Ixick wrote:
Idra wrote:... Currently reevaluating my opinion of a) this sale and b) the gryphon and nocturne models.

Hmmmm.


I'm a big fan of the gryphon :widesmile: It was my first toy that wasn't some cheapo plastic thing, and I happen to find it to be just the right size and shape for me as a warm-up. It might be a little pointy for some people, though, so if you don't like pointy-toys it might be best to either get it in a soft or else pass on it.

Speaking of pointy-toys...I'm kind of rethinking the Demon Dick, even though it's so limited in options and doesn't have any in-stock inventory :stick: I don't really want to wait for a "custom" when there's no real choices involved.


The pointy-ness doesn't bother me, but I decided after much deliberation that the Gryphon just happens to be one of those toys that never hits quite right measurement-wise for me. Like, for me, the small is too small even to use anally, and the medium is too long to use vaginally and too big to use anally. I did end up buying a Nocturne, however.

I would also like there to be some choices with the demon dick :/ I'm not entirely certain how fond I am of the design, but if I could choose colors I'd be very tempted to get a demon dick for Crowley from Good Omens. As it is, the red-and-black-stereotypical-hellscape colors are really not his style and that pretty much kills my interest in it.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
BorisLover
Posts: 2395
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:28 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby BorisLover » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:13 am

I suddenly have a mighty need for a small Apollo.
I didn't really like the soft Medium because the girth was painful even though I took bigger toys at the time, but the small looks very doable for me. There's not many reviews though unfortunately :(

Kinda reminds me of something I've wanted to say for a while.
I've seen users on here who say they don't bother with reviews because they feel like they're not useful.
I just want to say even if people don't always comment, like myself who lurks, they can be VERY helpful for newcomers and are very much appreciated!!
I can understand if its a time constraint though.
Avatar made by Drazard ! ~ Happily Claimed ~ ♡
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Niah » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:11 am

BorisLover wrote:I suddenly have a mighty need for a small Apollo.
I didn't really like the soft Medium because the girth was painful even though I took bigger toys at the time, but the small looks very doable for me. There's not many reviews though unfortunately :(

Kinda reminds me of something I've wanted to say for a while.
I've seen users on here who say they don't bother with reviews because they feel like they're not useful.
I just want to say even if people don't always comment, like myself who lurks, they can be VERY helpful for newcomers and are very much appreciated!!
I can understand if its a time constraint though.


I might do a few reviews soon. I've been busy studying, so I just haven't got around to typing them up. I can say that I have a small/5 Apollo and I love him. He's wonderfully filling without being too much. I have some larger toys, but sometimes the stretch is too much for me or I'm not in the mood to work up to using one of them. With Apollo, the trouble might be because he's big all over without much of a gradual taper going on. If you can take toys bigger than the medium Apollo, then you should do just fine with the small. I held off a long time on getting an Apollo because I thought he'd be too similar to my small/3 Flint or other toys I have with similar circumferences, but he's actually very wonderful.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:53 pm

So, just discovered I can hilt my medium Pretzal (6.5" usable length) but not my Hanns (6.55" usable length). Huh. Shape thing?

Also, seconded about reviews... and even if there are reviews on a toy, that review might not be what I'm looking for. A review of a medium Nox for anal play doesn't tell me anything about how a medium Nox is for vaginal, for example.

I'm probably going to start reviewing once I have used all my toys a bit more, since other people's reviews are so helpful to me.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:08 pm

BorisLover wrote:I suddenly have a mighty need for a small Apollo.
I didn't really like the soft Medium because the girth was painful even though I took bigger toys at the time, but the small looks very doable for me. There's not many reviews though unfortunately :(

Kinda reminds me of something I've wanted to say for a while.
I've seen users on here who say they don't bother with reviews because they feel like they're not useful.
I just want to say even if people don't always comment, like myself who lurks, they can be VERY helpful for newcomers and are very much appreciated!!
I can understand if its a time constraint though.


The main reason I don't really do reviews anymore is they can be time-consuming to write up, and there are times when I just can't quite articulate how the toy feels in use. The last time I wrote up a nice review (for my Echo) and included photos and squish gifs, it took me about three hours. The photos were only a small part of it and didn't take as much time as the typing. I will also admit that the lack of comments, is a turn-off. If I'm going to spend 3 hours on a review for zero acknowledgement...it just makes me feel like it wasn't worth the effort even if, to someone, it probably was.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:35 pm

I call bull shit
the 3 items that I would have bought this last sale, and thought I missed, have reappeared in inventory :unamused: :angry:

catalog error?
possible

but for all 3?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
Grimly Fiendish
Posts: 902
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 11:07 pm
Location: Ogresville

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
BorisLover wrote:I suddenly have a mighty need for a small Apollo.
I didn't really like the soft Medium because the girth was painful even though I took bigger toys at the time, but the small looks very doable for me. There's not many reviews though unfortunately :(

Kinda reminds me of something I've wanted to say for a while.
I've seen users on here who say they don't bother with reviews because they feel like they're not useful.
I just want to say even if people don't always comment, like myself who lurks, they can be VERY helpful for newcomers and are very much appreciated!!
I can understand if its a time constraint though.


The main reason I don't really do reviews anymore is they can be time-consuming to write up, and there are times when I just can't quite articulate how the toy feels in use. The last time I wrote up a nice review (for my Echo) and included photos and squish gifs, it took me about three hours. The photos were only a small part of it and didn't take as much time as the typing. I will also admit that the lack of comments, is a turn-off. If I'm going to spend 3 hours on a review for zero acknowledgement...it just makes me feel like it wasn't worth the effort even if, to someone, it probably was.


As a new user, I can say that reviews are super helpful. Especially because the sales part of the website doesn't have tons of info (BD should probably excerpt the most helpful reviews, and put them on the product pages). And noobs (who might get the most out of reviews) probably don't feel justified commenting on review threads (I don't). Probably most comments would come from other users with the same toy. Also, there are probably tons of lurkers who will never comment on anything, because sex toys.

Regarding Apollo, the stem above the base (and the base too, somewhat) is rather slender, so consider a Firm Split, Wide Split, or a Firm (if that's a possibility for you). Mine is a Medium and I would prefer more strength there (it's not terrible though). Full disclosure: I generally prefer firm (for butt stuff). YMMV. Also, it looks better in person than in photos. Mine is a split color (solid color base, solid color shaft in Natural). I kinda wish I had gotten a more complex coloration. Overall, it's fun because it's a very unusual looking toy.
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:38 pm

lizardbreath wrote:I call bull shit
the 3 items that I would have bought this last sale, and thought I missed, have reappeared in inventory :unamused: :angry:

catalog error?
possible

but for all 3?


Someone playing cart pong, maybe? Or... bullshit. Definite possibility.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Idra wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:I call bull shit
the 3 items that I would have bought this last sale, and thought I missed, have reappeared in inventory :unamused: :angry:

catalog error?
possible

but for all 3?


Someone playing cart pong, maybe? Or... bullshit. Definite possibility.

Or shit luck

Siiiiiiigh
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:02 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Idra wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:I call bull shit
the 3 items that I would have bought this last sale, and thought I missed, have reappeared in inventory :unamused: :angry:

catalog error?
possible

but for all 3?


Someone playing cart pong, maybe? Or... bullshit. Definite possibility.

Or shit luck

Siiiiiiigh


What were they, out of interest?
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:26 pm

Idra wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
Idra wrote:
Someone playing cart pong, maybe? Or... bullshit. Definite possibility.

Or shit luck

Siiiiiiigh


What were they, out of interest?

A pretzal, a flopped vasu and a nocturn
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
Kaiser
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:09 am
Gender: Male

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Kaiser » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote: The main reason I don't really do reviews anymore is they can be time-consuming to write up, and there are times when I just can't quite articulate how the toy feels in use.

I will also admit that the lack of comments, is a turn-off. If I'm going to spend 3 hours on a review for zero acknowledgement...it just makes me feel like it wasn't worth the effort even if, to someone, it probably was.


I cannot agree with these two points enough, i mean as much as i enjoy writing reviews of toys both those points reign true and it just kills writing for me. Currently got 4 reviews in the works that cover 10 different toys :misc1: :bugeyed: that are each around 50%-60% done that might not ever be completed as everytime i sit down to start i just think 'whats the damn point'. Its an absolute shame that there are not more people writing reviews for people to look over but in all honesty can anyone really blame people for not doing so :unamused:
Reviews Completed
Medium Gryphon (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33157&p=1065864#p1065864)
The Four Horsemen (Medium Bumble, Medium Chance, Rowan, Small Slepnir viewtopic.php?f=109&t=34995)
VVVV (Flared chance, tucker, sugerstar viewtopic.php?f=109&t=43844)
Duke's Lush Tush (viewtopic.php?f=109&t=46969)
Reviews In Progress
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:56 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:The main reason I don't really do reviews anymore is they can be time-consuming to write up, and there are times when I just can't quite articulate how the toy feels in use. The last time I wrote up a nice review (for my Echo) and included photos and squish gifs, it took me about three hours. The photos were only a small part of it and didn't take as much time as the typing. I will also admit that the lack of comments, is a turn-off. If I'm going to spend 3 hours on a review for zero acknowledgement...it just makes me feel like it wasn't worth the effort even if, to someone, it probably was.

This is why I only write reviews when the mood strikes or I'm not working and bored. The most comments I've gotten on a review I think was 2. Yet hey had over 70 views :mystery:. I like to think with all those views they are helpful to someone. So unfortunate BD hasn't been offering store credit for toy reviews for allegedly a long time.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Niah » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:48 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:The main reason I don't really do reviews anymore is they can be time-consuming to write up, and there are times when I just can't quite articulate how the toy feels in use. The last time I wrote up a nice review (for my Echo) and included photos and squish gifs, it took me about three hours. The photos were only a small part of it and didn't take as much time as the typing. I will also admit that the lack of comments, is a turn-off. If I'm going to spend 3 hours on a review for zero acknowledgement...it just makes me feel like it wasn't worth the effort even if, to someone, it probably was.

This is why I only write reviews when the mood strikes or I'm not working and bored. The most comments I've gotten on a review I think was 2. Yet hey had over 70 views :mystery:. I like to think with all those views they are helpful to someone. So unfortunate BD hasn't been offering store credit for toy reviews for allegedly a long time.


I've gotten a few comments here and there on some of mine, but not many at all. For me, I have to be in the right mood to want to type it all up and most of the time I'm not in the mood to bother with it. I have a few toys that need a few more uses before I feel confident enough to write up any sort of review on them. I also have trouble describing how some toys make me feel, so I end up giving up.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
BorisLover
Posts: 2395
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:28 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby BorisLover » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Niah wrote:Apollo :words:

Thats great to hear.. thanks for providing some input !
Im generally a grinder so length isnt a concern and i want him to be filling but not painfully so. My small 3 flint wasnt nice (although i do kind of regret selling him since i only tried him once) but i think this one in a 3 will do nicely.

Grimly Fiendish wrote: :words: .

I was looking at a soft and generally i toy laying down so a flimsy base isnt going to be a hassle :) but thankyou for adding your input aswell.

Im definately decided on my next purchase. Asked if its possible to do a small Apollo in Shimmerscale and got approval :)
Avatar made by Drazard ! ~ Happily Claimed ~ ♡
User avatar
Akanisen
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
Gender: Male(FtM), Pansexual, Demi-poly-romantic
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Akanisen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Can someone (or multiple people) with a JT answer me a question? About how much girth can JT take without risk of tearing would you say? I'm going to get one, and I don't wanna risk tearing him with some of my toys, so I wanted to ask.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
User avatar
Willow
Posts: 4223
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 am
Gender: MtF
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Willow » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:The main reason I don't really do reviews anymore is they can be time-consuming to write up, and there are times when I just can't quite articulate how the toy feels in use. The last time I wrote up a nice review (for my Echo) and included photos and squish gifs, it took me about three hours. The photos were only a small part of it and didn't take as much time as the typing. I will also admit that the lack of comments, is a turn-off. If I'm going to spend 3 hours on a review for zero acknowledgement...it just makes me feel like it wasn't worth the effort even if, to someone, it probably was.

Yeah, I used to do reviews back when I started on the BD path back in '10. As soon as I got the package, I took pictures. You know, unboxing, packing peanuts the whole nine. Then I'd have a round or two with my toys before I wrote down my thoughts. Then came the arduous task of in-use pics. It was difficult to get good picture until I found a webcam that would autotake photos every 5-10 seconds (as long as they was no movement)... I have to find out where I put that camera again.
So it was an involved process. I put some effort into not only the pictures, but the writing. Taking time to add a little humor and keep it from sounding technical.
The 5 dollar incentive was nice too. I mean we are taking the time.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests