/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Arumaeruma

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:35 am

I hate seeing a nice toy that you KNOW doesn't work with you but it's still so pretty. There's a few novas I really like but that model wrecked me.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:37 am

Arumaeruma wrote:I hate seeing a nice toy that you KNOW doesn't work with you but it's still so pretty. There's a few novas I really like but that model wrecked me.

I'm eyeing one myself, despite the cumtubes :unamused:
What about it didn't work for you?
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:49 am

vixenvega wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:I hate seeing a nice toy that you KNOW doesn't work with you but it's still so pretty. There's a few novas I really like but that model wrecked me.

I wanted a nova because I wanted something real textured and stimulating. I had one in 5 and found his texture to be really hard to feel for some reason, probably with how thin the shaft was. The shape of the toy really missed any sweet spots and it felt like nothing to me. I like finishing by riding and grinding and the knot on the toy felt SO weird, it wouldn't tie and felt very uncomfortable. I had the same sensation with my large kelvin when I had one, the knot was just odd. Not only that but the toy REALLY liked my cervix, which gave me an awful feeling in my gut. I sold him after one use and didn't want to try him again with how much pain he gave me, I just didn't like it. Some people really like nova but sadly he didn't want to work well with my anatomy. I find that straight toys don't work well with my body.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:07 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
vixenvega wrote:

I wanted a nova because I wanted something real textured and stimulating. I had one in 5 and found his texture to be really hard to feel for some reason, probably with how thin the shaft was. The shape of the toy really missed any sweet spots and it felt like nothing to me. I like finishing by riding and grinding and the knot on the toy felt SO weird, it wouldn't tie and felt very uncomfortable. I had the same sensation with my large kelvin when I had one, the knot was just odd. Not only that but the toy REALLY liked my cervix, which gave me an awful feeling in my gut. I sold him after one use and didn't want to try him again with how much pain he gave me, I just didn't like it. Some people really like nova but sadly he didn't want to work well with my anatomy. I find that straight toys don't work well with my body.

Damn.
He's not going to work well for me either then. Kelvin didn't work for me and I've also not had good luck with straight toys.
Thanks for the info, I can let the one in my cart go free with no regrets!
Laz

Postby Laz » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:29 am

Willow wrote:
Laz wrote:
Willow wrote:Bought it. :eyeroll:

Even if it doesn't work out, I'm sure you wouldn't have trouble reselling a toy as gorgeous as that!

Even if it doesn't work out, it's still too gorgeous to sell! I don't mind just having in on my "future" computer desk along with a werewolf muzzle I don't use. I like the pretty things!
Sex toys adorning my furniture... saying that anywhere else and I might get strange looks.

Haha, yes, thats so true. I definitely have a couple that I never use but who look too nice on display for me to get rid of. I'm lucky to have a roommate who isn't only ok with me keeping them out, but who displays theirs alongside mine!
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
Bloodwolf

Postby Bloodwolf » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:03 am

Akanisen wrote:
Willow wrote:@Bloodwolf: Didn't really get the Grell reference. Even after looking it up.

@Akanisen: Need you say more? Yes, like how frickin' excited you are. JT is an amazing experience, in my most humble of opinions and it looks like a nice coloration (what colors are they exactly?). I've not tired Bumblehooves, but if I didn't have Chance, I'm sure he would've been an easy buy.

Bloodwolf was talking about the person they replied to, their picture is Grell from Black Butler (Grell is the most fabulous yet terrifying grim reaper there is).

I've wanted a JT since it came out, and a year or so ago this pretty JT showed up in the flops but I didn't have any money at the time, and in-between then and now I had more important toys to spend money on, now it has finally come to JT's turn to be bought. I also ticketed BD with that same JT picture after ordering so they could have a better idea what I wanted.
► Show Spoiler

Thank you for clarifying for me! Sorry if i confused anyone!!
Own:
► Show Spoiler

WTS:
► Show Spoiler

Wanted:
► Show Spoiler
3TK

Postby 3TK » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:39 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote:Regarding the canceled color options and canceled models, are there specific toys/colors that people planned to buy, and now they can't? Can you name them here, if so? I don't mean custom requests, I mean the standard or signature colors that have been changed or removed.

Back when the colors were actively being removed, I kept a list of the removed colors. You can find them here and here.
If you're ever curious about past colorations, you can also always use the Wayback Machine site and look at past pages of BD and you should find what you're looking for, in-case the lists aren't accurate (since they were made on the fly). :dukeretro:
(Apologies if this sounds like "tooting my own horn" as well. Not too many people know about them and it was never compiled into a huge list. But it still seems like it could be helpful anyway! If someone knows a better list, please link it! :blush: )

Edit:
OH! There's also the Gallery link sticked, too! Woops. :misc6: :widesmile: I feel so silly. That has insertable names for some old "signatures" and will be very useful. :smilenox:

Idra wrote:Pretzal is my personal bugbear. I really like the Feathered Serpent coloration; not only does it fit the model, but it's part of the initial toy design. I would have specifically liked Pretzal in that color, and failing that I think Pretzal looks gorgeous with fades in general and they've removed the option to have a fade on Pretzal at all -- let alone a three color fade like Feathered Serpent. I haven't tried ticketing for it (my M/5 Pretzal is a 4th Kind I bought cheap and I'm still considering whether I want a S/8 Pretzal) but I am absolutely and specifically annoyed about those options being removed from that model, because I wanted them.

Also mad about custom highlights/colored SS not being a thing anymore, because I love highlights and I love the sloppy seconds effect but I don't love it in white (too much like actual cum for my tastes, vs fantasy cum, if that makes sense). They can clearly still do those effects -- just look at Last Laugh (which I just bought a flopped Clayton in because I love the effect so much) -- but for some reason they won't do it anymore if I wanted to get one custom.

I am sort of generally annoyed about the false advertising aspect, too. Like -- picturing toys with coloring you can't get anymore, in some cases picturing EVERY SINGLE SIZE of the model in something different you can't get anymore (like Pretzal, again) bothers me a lot. But yeah, that one is a more general thing.

You can actually still get Pretzal in SS (barring some conditions). I know because I recently bought one within the past month in a half. Pretz is also a favorite of mine and so is that coloration so I was very happy to get it still. :misc2: :dukeretro: You do have to ticket for it, and you do have to accept a list of possible flaws that may happen, as well as it has to be a Pretzal size that is Medium-sized or larger (so a Small wouldn't be "possible", unfortunately).

► Show Spoiler

This is something you will have to accept for any Fade attempt done on Pretzal or any certain number of models. I don't know how accurate the post is, but awhile back HungryStray asked CS what attempts could and could not be done on some models which can be found here, so although Pretzal (Medium sized or larger) does not show Fades as something that can be done on the site it is something they are willing to do or possibly accept (if you ask!).

As far as I know, custom highlights are a complete no-go. :sniffing: The closest you can customize them is Spooky Seconds and asking for a specific GitD for that, which is hardly the same. Otherwise you just have to patrol the adoptions for attempts.

Apologies if this isn't the answer you're looking for. :doh: But hopefully it's still informative.
Willow

Postby Willow » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Also got some teenies and 5 rainbow stickers, so I won't qualify for freaky fast. But I always get teenies, so no surprise there. I'd like to put a sticker on my car window, but it's a sticky back, not a sticky front, so it would be exposed the elements, not inside the car. I'll find a place for them.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Idra

Postby Idra » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:14 pm

3TK wrote:Apologies if this isn't the answer you're looking for. :doh: But hopefully it's still informative.

That is very informative, thank you! And unfortunately, it's EXACTLY the wrong answer for me, since a) I'm not in the market for a medium or larger Pretzal (I already have a medium and anything larger is too big) and b) I'm not willing to accept that list of conditions for a fade. If a fade would normally be a visual flop if it wasn't a custom, then why should I have to accept a crappier pour BECAUSE it's a custom, which I'm paying a premium for? The most I'd be willing to accept in terms of conditions is, if the fade flops, they mark it as Rogue, refund the custom fade price, and then you still have to take the toy (which would mean you'd pay base model + any extras, just like you would if it was an adopt rather than a custom). I think that would be fair, but "we'll send you the crap pour AND still charge you the price of a custom fade" is not acceptable to me.

All of that's academic anyway because of the aforementioned "we won't even attempt it on a small" problem, so mehhhhh. I'm still upset about it, and it still feels like "we won't bother trying to pour fades on this model that was specifically designed with fades in mind as signature colors".

Plus the highlights thing still sucks in general. I love highlights and want them ;-;
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
katze

Postby katze » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Been thinking about selling my custom Portside with suction cup...

The two times I've used it so far were okay, but not crazy worthwhile good. I'm probably going to give it a few more chances before I decide since I paid a lot for it. I just don't reach for it when I toy :unamused:

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Willow

Postby Willow » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:02 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Willow wrote:Also got some teenies and 5 rainbow stickers, so I won't qualify for freaky fast. But I always get teenies, so no surprise there. I'd like to put a sticker on my car window, but it's a sticky back, not a sticky front, so it would be exposed the elements, not inside the car. I'll find a place for them.

I read on reddit that someone has had one of the stickers on their car for a few months now with no wear and tear. I think you'd be ok!
Plus they are so cheap, even after a few months if it does fade/rip/etc you can always just stick another on!
That's what I plan on doing anyway.
(ps im so happy that we can get rainbow stickers now)

Good to know. Thankfully I live in a dry climate and it doesn't rain often.
Course, now I keep the car in the garage so it should be safe either way. Although don't need some shit from my father when I visit (it was originally his car) about fucking up the windows.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:57 am

[sighs] Sleip's model looks so interesting to me, but I think I'd need to pick a size whose girth is at least 2.3" in diameter... and the small is 2.15" (not enough) and the medium is 2.8" (too much). Bahhhhh.

I find a lot of models hit just about wrong for me, spec-wise. It's frustrating.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Bloodwolf

Postby Bloodwolf » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:44 am

Is it just me or is anyone else happy to see the actual discount on flops? This way i can look and know its a flop without thinking. i really like this idea, plus it gives me a chance to get a few toys i've been after for a while :smile:
Own:
► Show Spoiler

WTS:
► Show Spoiler

Wanted:
► Show Spoiler
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:26 pm

These marbles are so gorgeous! If we could ask for custom marbles to be like this I would have so many customs right now..

► Show Spoiler
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:01 pm

I heard like a horror story about someone who traveled and their lube leaked and got mold on their toys. I went traveling this past week and decided to bag my lube, thinking about that story. I'm so glad I did, it made a huge mess in both my arrival and departure flight and I have no idea why :surprised: Bottle was closed and no holes in it, the air pressure in the plane might have messed something up. PSA is to just bag your lube when you go traveling.
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Idra wrote:[sighs] Sleip's model looks so interesting to me, but I think I'd need to pick a size whose girth is at least 2.3" in diameter... and the small is 2.15" (not enough) and the medium is 2.8" (too much). Bahhhhh.

I find a lot of models hit just about wrong for me, spec-wise. It's frustrating.

The shaft circumference/diameter measurements for Sleipnir are for the middle of the shaft - by the base of the shaft, it's a bit thicker. I have a Medium and at the base I'd estimate the diameter as closer to 3.2" (the circumference is about 10") at the base of the shaft. So while Medium is definitely too big for you, Small might actually work - the folks in the Big Comparison Thread may be able to help you out with more accurate measurements.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Idra

Postby Idra » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Tempest wrote:
Idra wrote:[sighs] Sleip's model looks so interesting to me, but I think I'd need to pick a size whose girth is at least 2.3" in diameter... and the small is 2.15" (not enough) and the medium is 2.8" (too much). Bahhhhh.

The shaft circumference/diameter measurements for Sleipnir are for the middle of the shaft - by the base of the shaft, it's a bit thicker. I have a Medium and at the base I'd estimate the diameter as closer to 3.2" (the circumference is about 10") at the base of the shaft. So while Medium is definitely too big for you, Small might actually work - the folks in the Big Comparison Thread may be able to help you out with more accurate measurements.

Thanks!! I'll head over there and ask them. It'd be really nice if it actually would work for me :)
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:37 pm

I was looking at some Fenrirs and realized some of them are labeled as mini. Fenrir does not even come in mini.
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
Idra

Postby Idra » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:43 am

Yokai wrote:I was looking at some Fenrirs and realized some of them are labeled as mini. Fenrir does not even come in mini.

What is UP with some of the errors on the adopts page lately??? Between this and all the pricing errors...
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:59 am

Yokai wrote:I was looking at some Fenrirs and realized some of them are labeled as mini. Fenrir does not even come in mini.

They're priced at $50, the same as smalls. So I bet they're just mislabeled smalls.

BD could be introducing a mini Fenrir. But while some models could use a mini size—*cough* Scorn *cough*—I don't think Fenrir is one of them. And unless you count the Lil' Vibes and Lil' Squirts, I don't believe any model dips bellow small Fenrir's $50 price tag.

I think this is just another sign that BD's labeling needs improvement.

Return to “General Discussion”