/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
griffin-morgenstern

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby griffin-morgenstern » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:06 am

RigidDreamer wrote:BD could be introducing a mini Fenrir.

BD already has a mini Fenrir, it comes on the Teenie Weenie packages. :stick:
Jk of course, but it would be weird if Fenrir got a mini and not Scorn and some others.
Idra

Postby Idra » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:11 am

griffin-morgenstern wrote:

Jk of course, but it would be weird if Fenrir got a mini and not Scorn and some others.

Honestly, how much DOES it cost to make a mold? If they're all 3D printed, how expensive is it really? Because it really baffles me why BD doesn't release a full size range for all their toys. If the molds are relatively cheap (which, why would they be super expensive when indie makers can do this and BD has the 3D models in their system anyway?), then surely even if only a couple of dozen people bought a particular size they'd make the money back?

In just the short time I've been here I've seen plenty of demand for other sizes of Kage in particular, and also other toys like Meng or a mini Scorn. I know a lot of people are prevented from buying a particular toy at all if the onesize/current sizes won't work for them (like me, with Kage, or anyone who needs a mini Scorn); they can't just rely on "is this model selling well in this size?" to see if other sizes would sell well.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:35 am

Idra wrote:
griffin-morgenstern wrote:

Honestly, how much DOES it cost to make a mold? If they're all 3D printed, how expensive is it really? Because it really baffles me why BD doesn't release a full size range for all their toys. If the molds are relatively cheap (which, why would they be super expensive when indie makers can do this and BD has the 3D models in their system anyway?), then surely even if only a couple of dozen people bought a particular size they'd make the money back?

Well indie makers use multiple different molding techniques. I have a feeling that Bad Dragon might use steel molds which are VERY expensive. Because they can and have the money to do such.
I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they used resin 3D printing (If they use 3D printing at all) since their toys seem so smooth. Also rather expensive.
Last edited by Screamy on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
Idra

Postby Idra » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:38 am

Screamy wrote:Well indie makers use multiple different molding techniques. I have a feeling that Bad Dragon might use steel molds which are VERY expensive. Because they can and have the money to do such.
I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they used resin 3D printing since their toys seem so smooth. Also rather expensive.

That would make more sense, then. If it's something like that (the molds being expensive enough that they'd have to know they'll sell well to make back the cost) then I totally get it. :3
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:41 am

Idra wrote:
Screamy wrote:Well indie makers use multiple different molding techniques. I have a feeling that Bad Dragon might use steel molds which are VERY expensive. Because they can and have the money to do such.
I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they used resin 3D printing since their toys seem so smooth. Also rather expensive.

That would make more sense, then. If it's something like that (the molds being expensive enough that they'd have to know they'll sell well to make back the cost) then I totally get it. :3

Yea, with the amount of toys they can make at once, they wouldn't have just one mold. So they probably have a number of each mold to cut down wait times etc etc which would bolster the cost even higher if they order... like.. say 5, standard per model/size
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:09 pm

RigidDreamer wrote:
Yokai wrote:I was looking at some Fenrirs and realized some of them are labeled as mini. Fenrir does not even come in mini.

They're priced at $50, the same as smalls. So I bet they're just mislabeled smalls.

BD could be introducing a mini Fenrir. But while some models could use a mini size—*cough* Scorn *cough*—I don't think Fenrir is one of them. And unless you count the Lil' Vibes and Lil' Squirts, I don't believe any model dips bellow small Fenrir's $50 price tag.

I think this is just another sign that BD's labeling needs improvement.

[b]I once saw what was listed as a mini Razor in adopts. It turned out to be a small that was mislabeled according to CS. I very much agree with you that we need a mini Scorn. It doesn't even really have to be shorter just less huge in girth.[/b]
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:38 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
RigidDreamer wrote:
Yokai wrote:I was looking at some Fenrirs and realized some of them are labeled as mini. Fenrir does not even come in mini.

They're priced at $50, the same as smalls. So I bet they're just mislabeled smalls.

BD could be introducing a mini Fenrir. But while some models could use a mini size—*cough* Scorn *cough*—I don't think Fenrir is one of them. And unless you count the Lil' Vibes and Lil' Squirts, I don't believe any model dips bellow small Fenrir's $50 price tag.

I think this is just another sign that BD's labeling needs improvement.

[b]I once saw what was listed as a mini Razor in adopts. It turned out to be a small that was mislabeled according to CS. I very much agree with you that we need a mini Scorn. It doesn't even really have to be shorter just less huge in girth.[/b]

Unfortunately, BD never seems to downsize a toy by decreasing its girth, but retaining its length. There are several minis and smalls that have attractive girths, but are simply too short. Mini Flint and small Ultimate Fantasy, for example.
Willow

Postby Willow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:31 pm

Just out if curiosity, I have a one-size Fenrir (simply called Wolf Dragon at the time)... does anybody know what size that is compared to current models?
Been thinking about selling it, since I don't use him.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Willow wrote:Just out if curiosity, I have a one-size Fenrir (simply called Wolf Dragon at the time)... does anybody know what size that is compared to current models?

Wouldn't measuring it be the easiest way to find out?
reine

Postby reine » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:41 pm

Willow wrote:Just out if curiosity, I have a one-size Fenrir (simply called Wolf Dragon at the time)... does anybody know what size that is compared to current models?

A friend of mine has a onesize Wolf Dragon, and it's the same size as the current medium! I think most (all?) onesize toys end up being the medium size in the event that the model gets a full release.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:is the adoptions page not working for anyone else?

I get a blank white page. Must be down.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
RigidDreamer wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:is the adoptions page not working for anyone else?

I get a blank white page. Must be down.

same.

hopefully they are fixing some of the messed up prices!

They are viewtopic.php?f=126&t=46760
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:48 pm

Spoiler cause not everyone wants to read the tired blabblings of me talking about how Sugar Star could easily pass as a human toy.

► Show Spoiler
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Willow

Postby Willow » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Thought I'd show ya what I got:

He's BD Tyson: Electric Boogaloo. The other side is mostly black with a only a few blue squiggles on it. He feels good inside me too.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Akanisen wrote:I know I've mentioned this before a couple times, and bet others have, but I can't get over how nice sugar star would be for those who aren't into fantasy toys yet want a body safe silicone penetrable.

Silicone Nozzles has non-fantasy silicone masturbators, too. Though if you want something human-like, I agree, a flesh-toned Sugar Star is your best bet. Or maybe Mary the Anthro Mare.
SquishyLaughter

Postby SquishyLaughter » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:09 am

I finally can get some toys again after moving, and all the sale are over :stick: actually I just can't decide on a custom, and none of the adopts o the models I want seem to be quite what I am looking for.

I am gonna have to stick that money into savings and wait to make up my mind or some pretty drops. *Browses the secondhand forum*
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:25 am

I noticed last night every meng was the same price including the flops. :unamused: they really gotta get that sorted out...
Laz

Postby Laz » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Willow wrote:Thought I'd show ya what I got:

He's BD Tyson: Electric Boogaloo. The other side is mostly black with a only a few blue squiggles on it. He feels good inside me too.

Gorgeous!
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
Kittyqueen

Postby Kittyqueen » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Screamy wrote:I noticed last night every meng was the same price including the flops. :unamused: they really gotta get that sorted out...

That's how it is with the mini nocturns :/ and has been since the sale started again :misc4: :misc5:

Oh, according to the Tumblr post, only some of the inventory was supposed to be discounted. Maybe that's just what I thought. :psyduck:
:misc2: :stick:

► Show Spoiler
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:14 pm

RigidDreamer wrote:
Akanisen wrote:I know I've mentioned this before a couple times, and bet others have, but I can't get over how nice sugar star would be for those who aren't into fantasy toys yet want a body safe silicone penetrable.

Silicone Nozzles has non-fantasy silicone masturbators, too. Though if you want something human-like, I agree, a flesh-toned Sugar Star is your best bet. Or maybe Mary the Anthro Mare.

I actually didn't like Sugar Star that much, just a personal preference. I'll agree that she has less of a fantasy look to her. Same goes for Alice, although I dislike coin-slot look. Other than that, it doesn't scream bunny to me.
As more Mary, I find she leans more heavily on the fantasy side of things. Although, I have absolutely have no problem with that, I am interested in the fantasy... she's a good toy regardless.

Return to “General Discussion”