/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Arumaeruma

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:14 am

HungryStray wrote: Holy heck yes. My birthday prezzies a little early. <3 I got a custom Pearce and a Captain Pierce. Yaaaaaasssss. :misc2: :nomnom:

► Show Spoiler

Damn that's awesome! I can't wait for Opal to come back, I'm seriously considering him in Opal.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:25 am

Arumaeruma wrote:Damn that's awesome! I can't wait for Opal to come back, I'm seriously considering him in Opal.

I'll grab a comparison photo for you today before work. ^.^ I was really worried when he was ordered that I'd bitten off more than I could chew, but in person and in my hands he looks/feels manageable, especially in soft. So far without using him I'm glad I got a large, a medium might have been disappointing.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:53 am

HungryStray wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:Damn that's awesome! I can't wait for Opal to come back, I'm seriously considering him in Opal.

I'll grab a comparison photo for you today before work. ^.^ I was really worried when he was ordered that I'd bitten off more than I could chew, but in person and in my hands he looks/feels manageable, especially in soft. So far without using him I'm glad I got a large, a medium might have been disappointing.

Awesome thanks! Would you be able to do measurements too? If he's thinner than listed like another user said I might consider an XL...
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:09 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
HungryStray wrote:

Awesome thanks! Would you be able to do measurements too? If he's thinner than listed like another user said I might consider an XL...

Np, I'll try and find my tape measure. I'm also curious to see if the measurements are accurate, only because when I look at him he doesn't look like what I'd assume 10.25 to be?

Also, Opal sounds fantastic on Pearce.

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:28 am

HungryStray wrote: Holy heck yes. My birthday prezzies a little early. <3 I got a custom Pearce and a Captain Pierce. Yaaaaaasssss. :misc2: :nomnom:

► Show Spoiler

Nice!!!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:32 am

Arumaeruma wrote:

► Show Spoiler

Damn that's awesome! I can't wait for Opal to come back, I'm seriously considering him in Opal.

Hmmm..... if you get one and it's too small i know where it would find a good home
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Laz

Postby Laz » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:39 am

Do suction cups work better with firmer or softer bases? My med/soft Pretzel has the best SC out of my collection by far, but it could just be the size and shape of the base. Has anyone tested this out?
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
Idra

Postby Idra » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:45 am

Laz wrote:Do suction cups work better with firmer or softer bases? My med/soft Pretzel has the best SC out of my collection by far, but it could just be the size and shape of the base. Has anyone tested this out?

In general I've found softer/thinner bases = better suction cups xD
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Laz

Postby Laz » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:59 am

Idra wrote:
Laz wrote:Do suction cups work better with firmer or softer bases? My med/soft Pretzel has the best SC out of my collection by far, but it could just be the size and shape of the base. Has anyone tested this out?

I figured that would be the case. I'm definitely going for soft on my next custom.
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
Dorito

Postby Dorito » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:17 pm

I wonder when Opal is going to appear. :mystery:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Dorito wrote:I wonder when Opal is going to appear. :mystery:

Look for it this Friday. ^.^ It might appear earlier in the week if they've got something more excited planned for Friday. But this week sometime.

Idra

Postby Idra » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:06 pm

Laz wrote:
Idra wrote:

I figured that would be the case. I'm definitely going for soft on my next custom.

It really does depend on to model. My Hanns has an 8 base, and my MD is in 8, and their suction cups work beautifully because those bases are thin and they spread. But my M Clayton (I'm still convinced the base is 8) is hard to get to stick with such a firm, thick base. And my L/3 tongue is hard to get to stick because its a shallow suction cup on a really thick base. So in my experience its been a combination of factors. :)
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Dorito

Postby Dorito » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:06 pm

HungryStray wrote:Look for it this Friday. ^.^ It might appear earlier in the week if they've got something more excited planned for Friday. But this week sometime.

Ohh, alright! I'm so excited to see it again. It's my favorite birthstone color along with turquoise and has been on my 'want' list forever. I hope it will be exactly the same as it was last year. The only reason I haven't ordered it yet as a custom is because I heard it's $50 extra, so I decided I'd rather wait a few months for the promotion to come around again. I'm gonna get it on a medium Bumblehooves and see if they can attempt a suction cup with that. :widesmile:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:02 pm

^ I'd check the site daily. They don't make announcements for the colours on the forums anymore. The last few cropped up a couple days before the new month even started.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote: :words:

On a completely unrelated note I love your new avatar. It's sexy and hot, but the style is also quire beautiful. :smile:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:57 pm

Rispy_Girl wrote:

On a completely unrelated note I love your new avatar. It's sexy and hot, but the style is also quire beautiful. :smile:

Thanks! As usual, I'm getting PM's asking for the full picture and who drew it, but I have no idea. XD I got most of my images from my husband who found most through a random image search, I think. The rest of em...I don't even remember where they came from... e621 or something like that? My brain tends to gloss over when I see a picture I like, and I save it and worry about little else.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:01 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Rispy_Girl wrote:

Thanks! As usual, I'm getting PM's asking for the full picture and who drew it, but I have no idea. XD I got most of my images from my husband who found most through a random image search, I think. The rest of em...I don't even remember where they came from... e621 or something like that? My brain tends to gloss over when I see a picture I like, and I save it and worry about little else.

Lol I'm the same way :misc6: :misc6: :smilenox:
Idra

Postby Idra » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Just checked the sale notification for September's birthstone and it doesn't end till the 7th, even though other birthstone colors end right when their month ends. So likely Opal won't be offered till the 7th either. Is Sapphire really such a popular color you needed to offer it for an extra week, or do you just want a week less of Opal because Opal's a lot more complicated? :mystery:

:salt shaker emoji:
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Idra wrote:Just checked the sale notification for September's birthstone and it doesn't end till the 7th, even though other birthstone colors end right when their month ends. So likely Opal won't be offered till the 7th either. Is Sapphire really such a popular color you needed to offer it for an extra week, or do you just want a week less of Opal because Opal's a lot more complicated?

:salt shaker emoji:

I don't think it's either one of those to be honest. Opal is a gargantuan pain in the ass but one more/less week of it isn't going to make that big of a difference. I think it just happens to be the way the schedule runs.

Idra

Postby Idra » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:02 pm

HungryStray wrote:I don't think it's either one of those to be honest. Opal is a gargantuan pain in the ass but one more/less week of it isn't going to make that big of a difference. I think it just happens to be the way the schedule runs.

I dunno, man... It could be the schedule, but on the other hand, every other month's color ends on time, sooooo why this particular month? Except that Opal's a giant pain to pour, which I totally believe?

A week less might not make a whole lot of difference to the order volume, but hey, they'll only have to pour it for three weeks xD
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------

Return to “General Discussion”