/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Arumaeruma

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:36 am

Contemplating getting an Ika, I don't even know what I want anymore :psyduck: The length scares me but I know I can take 9 inches, I like that it gets to about 12 inches halfway down but I'm unsure. Sometimes long toys that are pointy like my tongue or even crash can work out great but other times (like the old tentacle) they feel like shit.
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:47 am

Arumaeruma wrote:Contemplating getting an Ika, I don't even know what I want anymore :psyduck: The length scares me but I know I can take 9 inches, I like that it gets to about 12 inches halfway down but I'm unsure. Sometimes long toys that are pointy like my tongue or even crash can work out great but other times (like the old tentacle) they feel like shit.

I don't even know what I want anymore is like me every week, lmao. I dismiss some models as not for me then I see them later and think maybe I want this after all? :psyduck:

Still not sure what to think of Ika but it looks more usable to me than the old tentacle. Looking at it with the Tongue in mind instead of Winston actually makes it a bit more appealing, hmm. :mystery:

...I need to stop spending so much time looking at dicks.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:51 am

Knottery wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:Contemplating getting an Ika, I don't even know what I want anymore :psyduck: The length scares me but I know I can take 9 inches, I like that it gets to about 12 inches halfway down but I'm unsure. Sometimes long toys that are pointy like my tongue or even crash can work out great but other times (like the old tentacle) they feel like shit.

I don't even know what I want anymore is like me every week, lmao. I dismiss some models as not for me then I see them later and think maybe I want this after all? :psyduck:

Still not sure what to think of Ika but it looks more usable to me than the old tentacle. Looking at it with the Tongue in mind instead of Winston actually makes it a bit more appealing, hmm. :mystery:

...I need to stop spending so much time looking at dicks.

THAT'S HOW I FEEL! I keep looking at things like "yeah I want this, it looks interesting, sort of?" I keep looking at Ika like "Hm.. I like the girth, but the length could be too pokey, and it could be too straight". I was comparing it too the tongue too, but I already have my XL pretzal which is thick, tapered, and textured so I don't know why I'd want something else :doh: The old tentacle really didn't work and it does look more usable, I just don't know what to think. I've swapped between wanting like 5 models in the past week. I should just stick to my Black Friday plans and leave it at that.
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:16 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
THAT'S HOW I FEEL! I keep looking at things like "yeah I want this, it looks interesting, sort of?" I keep looking at Ika like "Hm.. I like the girth, but the length could be too pokey, and it could be too straight". I was comparing it too the tongue too, but I already have my XL pretzal which is thick, tapered, and textured so I don't know why I'd want something else :doh: The old tentacle really didn't work and it does look more usable, I just don't know what to think. I've swapped between wanting like 5 models in the past week. I should just stick to my Black Friday plans and leave it at that.

I have yelled at myself to STICK TO THE PLAN so many times the last two months, haha. Gotta stop looking at things I don't immediately want lest I convince myself I want them after all. :doh:
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:08 pm

2 of my favorite toy have been a ehh why not purchase. Fenrir and Bruiser both of which i never really gave a second thought about......Untill i got them
My collection
► Show Spoiler
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:auuuuuuuuugh I just traded my med chance for a fenrir+cash to match the price, and now there is a flop fenrir in adopts that i REALLY like that's just a tad over the extra $ the person added to the trade, and idk if I wanna get it and sell the one I just traded for or just wait ;~;

What would you be waiting for? Your new one to arrive? I think if you can afford the flop, if you really love the color, I'd say go for it! Then worry about selling your other one later. You might lose a little bit of money, but if it's for a color you love... Worth it to me, personally!
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Dreaming Heart

Postby Dreaming Heart » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Soooo, uh.....does anyone know exactly what the purpose of the whole "Toy of the Month" thing is? Does it provide any kind of special discount for said toy, or is it just kind of...there? :psyduck: Is it just for promotion of the toy, or....?
Ann ✩ 23 ✩ Demisexual Lesbian
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Dreaming Heart wrote:Soooo, uh.....does anyone know exactly what the purpose of the whole "Toy of the Month" thing is? Does it provide any kind of special discount for said toy, or is it just kind of...there? :psyduck: Is it just for promotion of the toy, or....?

They used to make them 15% off (and it was every week/every other week it'd change), but then they took it away all together for a long while. Now they've brought it back but without the discount. So yea, promotional.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Dreaming Heart

Postby Dreaming Heart » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:23 pm

Akanisen wrote:They used to make them 15% off (and it was every week/every other week it'd change), but then they took it away all together for a long while. Now they've brought it back but without the discount. So yea, promotional.

Oh yeah, I remember when they used to do that! I forgot all about that, that was around when I first began to take interest in BD, I hadn't even bought anything yet at that point...wow. Time sure does fly by...
Ahh, that's too bad...D: Oh well...
Thanks for answering my question, though, I appreciate it! C:
Ann ✩ 23 ✩ Demisexual Lesbian
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:48 pm

I was also curious about toy if the month, it's a bit weird to have it without some kind of special offer.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:43 am

I guess life's trying to tell me not to buy more toys. The past like 7 toys I've considered at indie shops and B-D and one secondhand toy. Literally just an hour or few when I decide I want to buy them they get sold. They sit for a minimum of a week sometimes almost a month then as soon as I decide to buy then I see they've been sold :mystery:. I mean it means more money for potential Black Friday toys sales. Yet it's odd that it's happened with at least 7 different toys now that just sat for a week or almost a month.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:00 am

karla-chan wrote:I was also curious about toy if the month, it's a bit weird to have it without some kind of special offer.

Or a special color release!
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Kisa wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I was also curious about toy if the month, it's a bit weird to have it without some kind of special offer.

Or a special color release!

Yes, or add a certain colour for free with that toy.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:54 pm

It's been over a year (I think) since they last did a toy of the month with the 15% discount thing. I wish they'd start doing it again.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:12 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:

It's been over a year (I think) since they last did a toy of the month with the 15% discount thing. I wish they'd start doing it again.

Same here, or at least "something" that felt like a special offer. Something that would make you tempted by the toy.

A year sounds about right since I don't remember them doing it. But remember people mentioning it. It's been just over a year since I was active on the forums.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:47 pm

karla-chan wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:

Same here, or at least "something" that felt like a special offer. Something that would make you tempted by the toy.

A year sounds about right since I don't remember them doing it. But remember people mentioning it. It's been just over a year since I was active on the forums.

I think what made that deal so great was it was pretty much the only time you could get a discount on a custom order. I'm kicking myself that I didn't take advantage of it long ago, but back then I didn't really know what I wanted and what worked for me so I wouldn't have known anyways.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
I think what made that deal so great was it was pretty much the only time you could get a discount on a custom order. I'm kicking myself that I didn't take advantage of it long ago, but back then I didn't really know what I wanted and what worked for me so I wouldn't have known anyways.

Well it's not too bad if you didn't know back then, when I got my first toy I didn't know what I wanted. Or even if I was going to get more.

So at least you didn't spend money on something that you might later not have wanted. I can understand the small feeling of regret if the price overall is more now though.
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Dreaming Heart wrote:Soooo, uh.....does anyone know exactly what the purpose of the whole "Toy of the Month" thing is? Does it provide any kind of special discount for said toy, or is it just kind of...there? :psyduck: Is it just for promotion of the toy, or....?

I think they drop a bunch of pours in the toy of the month's natural and signature colours. But they're full price, so the only benefit seems to be that you don't have to wait the extra ~week that it takes them to do a custom.
Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Another reason for the Toy of the Month is to move the artwork to the back of the line...all non-chalant like.

All the models will, eventually, have their art hidden away....and mostly like down the road - their stories scrapped.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:47 pm

I just noticed, when it hits the 10th this month I'll have been on the forums for three years! Damn, so much in my life has changed (for the far better) since I found this place!
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”