/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Bakpakgrrl

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Bakpakgrrl » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:04 pm

lovelyscales wrote:The extension I downloaded for sorting toys that does the most thorough job I've seen doesn't work now since they updated Adopts :unamused:. Honestly the extension was far more helpful. Was.

Agreed :eyeroll: I have the extension too and it was far more useful than this new setup. It took me twice as long to navigate on Black Friday. The only thing that would be useful is if they update the "Find Specific Toys" feature to include all inventory toys.

But, I am spoiled with fast internet and I usually browse from my desktop PC, so I can see why they did this and how it would benefit many others.
My toybox overfloweth :misc12:....current toy count: 24
Currently selling a nice Large Echo in 5 here!
Currently selling an EE Reptilian and Monster Buck here!
Harra

Postby Harra » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Kathulu'sbride wrote:
Harra wrote:
Kathulu'sbride wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for taking pro looking shots (of their toys) with a cell phone? I don't have a pro camera so I can't use that but I still would love for my photos to turn out pretty.

:words:

Good luck with your photos~ :misc2:

Holy cats that's awesome! Thank you so much!

Glad to help~
Oh... am I supposed to put something witty here? Alright. Something witty. :stick:

Collection:
► Show Spoiler
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Kathulu'sbride wrote:
Harra wrote:
Kathulu'sbride wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for taking pro looking shots (of their toys) with a cell phone? I don't have a pro camera so I can't use that but I still would love for my photos to turn out pretty.

This is more of a "Do as I say, not as I do" bit, because while I try to follow my own advice, the results are mixed (I'm not too skilled with photography). But these are some constants that I've seen in nice-looking toy pictures:

The background is clean/pretty One colour for the surface, one colour for the backdrop. If you prefer artsy over crisp, (I certainly do <3 ) then positioning the toy on a piece of pretty fabric (I mostly see velour, satin, and velvet/eens) that compliments the colour scheme looks quite nice. Tails and Portholes used to position their toys on treasure chests filled with cute ocean-related goodies (I'm not sure if Brandie is still doing that or not.) Those can be stunning if you want to be artsy~ Ultimately, the photo should be free of any unrelated clutter (laundry baskets, etc.)

Close-ups are appropriate Extra shots that show details are always welcome, especially when a toy isn't a well-known model. Lots of people like to look at base bottoms, and some companies sometimes put extra designs into their bases, so those are fun to show off.

Natural lighting Flash can sometimes bring out colours that are harder to see in-use, but sunlight is a lot more effective, and gives less chance of snapping an unflattering glare.

De-fuzz the toy I know, silicone attracts everything and it's not always feasible, but try to get off as much of the pet hair and other fuzzies as you're able.

Those are just the ones I thought of off-the-cuff. Most of these come from photos I've seen in review blogs, but there's probably a lot more that I'm missing. :widesmile:

Good luck with your photos~ :misc2:

Holy cats that's awesome! Thank you so much!

Also make sure the light source is behind you, but facing the thing you want to take pictures of. The light going into the lens of the camera directly can cause issues with darkening the pictures. Unless you know what you are doing with backlighting.

Look up rules of thirds, because it makes the picture look more visually appealing. You can also use this to make the viewer look where you want to look. Combining this with negative space, can be really good for showing off something like a toy.

It ties in well with the above point of clear backgrounds.
Harra

Postby Harra » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:22 pm

karla-chan wrote:
Also make sure the light source is behind you, but facing the thing you want to take pictures of. The light going into the lens of the camera directly can cause issues with darkening the pictures. Unless you know what you are doing with backlighting.

Look up rules of thirds, because it makes the picture look more visually appealing. You can also use this to make the viewer look where you want to look. Combining this with negative space, can be really good for showing off something like a toy.

OooooOOOOoooooh~ :excited:
The rule of thirds is so cool! Thank you so much; I learned something new today~
Oh... am I supposed to put something witty here? Alright. Something witty. :stick:

Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Yay, my Small Pearce and Clayton arrived! I haven't seen many marble Pearces at all so I'm glad I was able to snap him up. The character I imagine him has tiger stripes so it's a pretty close color match. Hopefully I can get a chance to use him soon.
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:23 pm

I like to browse the second hand forums just for fun. I've noticed there's a lot of people selling their Echos, just looking at that model makes me what to toy... and buy every model in every size of Echo.

Such a sexy toy.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
katze

Postby katze » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Kisa wrote:I like to browse the second hand forums just for fun. I've noticed there's a lot of people selling their Echos, just looking at that model makes me what to toy... and buy every model in every size of Echo.

Such a sexy toy.

I agree (I have a small and a medium) :excited:

It's probably my favorite model visually, and my favorite in use.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:37 pm

katze wrote:
Kisa wrote:I like to browse the second hand forums just for fun. I've noticed there's a lot of people selling their Echos, just looking at that model makes me what to toy... and buy every model in every size of Echo.

Such a sexy toy.

I agree (I have a small and a medium) :excited:

It's probably my favorite model visually, and my favorite in use.

I know! I thought the toy looked nice when I bought it, but now I literally drool over that model. This is because of the memories I have assotiated with him now, so many good night's with him...

To me, the most visually appealing toy is Nova, but I'm not sure if I'll ever buy him. Still debating.

If they ever come up with an Echo/Nova hybrid toy though, I'll just die. Die.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
DoorsofDurin

Postby DoorsofDurin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:32 pm

Most toys photograph better wet than dry, I've found.
Collection and wishes under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
Idra

Postby Idra » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:31 pm

Kisa wrote:I know! I thought the toy looked nice when I bought it, but now I literally drool over that model. This is because of the memories I have assotiated with him now, so many good night's with him...

To me, the most visually appealing toy is Nova, but I'm not sure if I'll ever buy him. Still debating.

Do itttttttttttttttttttt. I have a Nova and I ADORE it. So good.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:13 pm

@Kisa - Nova is amazing. I eyed him up for ages before getting him and when I finally got him wished I got him sooner than I did. Him and Enderfang tend to be my faves.

Harra wrote:
karla-chan wrote:

OooooOOOOoooooh~ :excited:
The rule of thirds is so cool! Thank you so much; I learned something new today~

So much can be done with rules of thirds too. The more you read and learn about it the cooler things you can do with it, but even knowing the basics can make your work better. It's like a little rabbit hole though.

I have many friends who are actually pro photographers, and they've taught me a lot. To the point I have been asked to do jobs, and I worked with models. I just have no formal education with it.

I do really love photography though.
Kathulu'sbride

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:28 pm

DoorsofDurin wrote:Most toys photograph better wet than dry, I've found.

That's a good idea. I typically wash mine just before I photograph anyway, just so I know it's free of hairs and dirt
The Size.....Princess
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:31 pm

Idra wrote:
Kisa wrote:I know! I thought the toy looked nice when I bought it, but now I literally drool over that model. This is because of the memories I have assotiated with him now, so many good night's with him...

This. Nova is my FAV. By a lot.

On an unrelated note, my boyfriend's Sofia I bought for him arrived... And she's really pretty! I normally don't like frankenpours, but she's soooo swirly and cute with little sparkles that surprised me. Maybe I'll post some pics of her if there's a show me your sofia thread...
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Idra

Postby Idra » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:57 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
Idra wrote:
Kisa wrote:To me, the most visually appealing toy is Nova, but I'm not sure if I'll ever buy him. Still debating.

The only caveat I'd throw out there with Nova is that I have a Medium and I love her even when I don't want to go to the effort of knotting her, but I know for sure that the Small would be disappointingly thin for me. IIRC you did the same, blushingkitten? So yeah, I'd recommend going with the shaft size you want, whether or not the knot is something you can take.

If BD ever made a Nova without the knot, I'd be over the moon tbh. I can knot mine, but just barely, and I can't hilt her for length reasons. But I still love her a TON :widesmile:
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:12 am

Idra wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:
Idra wrote:Do itttttttttttttttttttt. I have a Nova and I ADORE it. So good.

The only caveat I'd throw out there with Nova is that I have a Medium and I love her even when I don't want to go to the effort of knotting her, but I know for sure that the Small would be disappointingly thin for me. IIRC you did the same, blushingkitten? So yeah, I'd recommend going with the shaft size you want, whether or not the knot is something you can take.

If BD ever made a Nova without the knot, I'd be over the moon tbh. I can knot mine, but just barely, and I can't hilt her for length reasons. But I still love her a TON :widesmile:

Yep, you're correct! I can't take medium Nova's knot at all (not even a little bit), and I have absolutely no desire to, but the shaft is just.... Yessssss. I totally am with you that if they made one without the knot, it would blow my mind. I bought a small Nova, wanting to enjoy the whole thing, but it's a big size difference, so the smaller shaft was an immediate turn off and I turned right around and sold it.... So yes, I second Idra's comment of going with the shaft size you'd like! It's still an amazing, fantastic, BESTTOYEVER (imo) even without the knot.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:27 am

blushingkitten wrote:
Idra wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:This. Nova is my FAV. By a lot.

Yep, you're correct! I can't take medium Nova's knot at all (not even a little bit), and I have absolutely no desire to, but the shaft is just.... Yessssss. I totally am with you that if they made one without the knot, it would blow my mind. I bought a small Nova, wanting to enjoy the whole thing, but it's a big size difference, so the smaller shaft was an immediate turn off and I turned right around and sold it.... So yes, I second Idra's comment of going with the shaft size you'd like! It's still an amazing, fantastic, BESTTOYEVER (imo) even without the knot.

That was one of the things holding me back. I wasn't sure if I should get the small or medium. The knot in the medium is bigger than I want, but the small didn't have as much shaft as I want. I'll aim for a medium size on my next order. Might hold off and see if they put a sell up for around Christmas
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Idra

Postby Idra » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:31 am

Kisa wrote:That was one of the things holding me back. I wasn't sure if I should get the small or medium. The knot in the medium is bigger than I want, but the small didn't have as much shaft as I want. I'll aim for a medium size on my next order. Might hold off and see if they put a sell up for around Christmas

Even without a sale, if you see a pretty medium flop, that's gonna be $80 and base price for a small is $70, which for me made it worth the gamble (plus my flop has a suction cup and a cumtube, lol). I have no regrets. :widesmile: But waiting for a sale is also totally valid. I also hear Nova wears turquoise really well, if you're looking at December ;)
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:47 am

Idra wrote:
Kisa wrote:That was one of the things holding me back. I wasn't sure if I should get the small or medium. The knot in the medium is bigger than I want, but the small didn't have as much shaft as I want. I'll aim for a medium size on my next order. Might hold off and see if they put a sell up for around Christmas

Even without a sale, if you see a pretty medium flop, that's gonna be $80 and base price for a small is $70, which for me made it worth the gamble (plus my flop has a suction cup and a cumtube, lol). I have no regrets. :widesmile: But waiting for a sale is also totally valid. I also hear Nova wears turquoise really well, if you're looking at December ;)

Aww yeah, I love me some turq. Might hold out for that, or see what adoptions have. There's some pretty things in there sometimes
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Hailfall

Postby Hailfall » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:28 pm

So my Chance (Flared) arrived and even though I can stretch enough to be able to fit the head in it is too floppy to try it.

My boyfriend tried to help me by holding it sideways etc but no dice.. I am so bummed this doesn't work out.

Anyone any tips maybe? We plan on trying again on Saturday or Sunday but this was just stupid :/
Hailfall

Postby Hailfall » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Hailfall wrote:So my Chance (Flared) arrived and even though I can stretch enough to be able to fit the head in it is too floppy to try it.

My boyfriend tried to help me by holding it sideways etc but no dice.. I am so bummed this doesn't work out.

Anyone any tips maybe? We plan on trying again on Saturday or Sunday but this was just stupid :/

What firmness is it?
At first, I have to put mine in one side at a time, but once its in i can thrust with it fine Mines med/med

Its a Large/medium

We tried angling it in but it would flop away again lol

We will have to try again I guess.

Return to “General Discussion”