/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Dusksong

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Dusksong » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:46 pm

Man, a Hanns in grass colors would be so cool... but I don't need any more dicks right now :stick:
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Robiland wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I see them now, it's cool they did these but it's not really my thing. I do like it when BD make pop culture references with their colours.

Makes me understand and appreciate the design process behind blaze and sofia more too. Pokemon designs have always been simplistic, and blaze's art reminds me of blaziken, sofia's always looked like a pokemon to me. The only extra effective colour I really like is grass cause it's a nice green. I like the redemption purple from the bright blade colours too. While I probably won't get either, it's just cool like you said lol. Someone else is gonna buy and share about them on the forums, so that's always a lot of fun too :nomnom:

Saw the post about your coconut oil arriving and yeah lol, my container is 64oz I think and it is huge. Feels like I got lube for life :P. I am really interested in using it paired with sliquid h2o/sassy, so if you have either of those I'd like to know how it works for you when you do get a chance to test it all out.

I actually still really don't like the look of Blaze at all... But if it does it for others that's cool. I just hope BD do more interesting designs in the future.

I think my coconut oil is a full 1L though... So yeah... Oops!!
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:52 pm

I like the look of the fire and water colors; not really feeling the electric one at all (it's pretty with the translucent grey, but I'm not really a fan of that shade of yellow). Grass is kind of meh for me as well. Nothing doing for me. Besides I just ordered my medium/5 Trent in Copperhead anyway.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:19 pm

karla-chan wrote:I actually still really don't like the look of Blaze at all... But if it does it for others that's cool. I just hope BD do more interesting designs in the future.

LOL! Well, 64oz is 2L so fancy that. It's nice though 'cuz I never worry about how much I use at all

But yeah agreed lol. I'll never buy blaze or sofia, but they do make more sense now and they feel that they have a justified place on the lineup. Someone will love them, just like 75% of the lineup I don't personally love. One time I said "if it were up to me I'd only make the toys in my wishlist available.", so it's good that it's not up to me. Even though I don't like them though, they do feel like they fit with the feel of the company. So I'm glad they did these colours because blaze/sofia didn't really feel that way before. Something about a cohesive feel to the line-up, and I think more plain toys were needed because the current few we had really stood out amongst all the texture. Since they stand out so much people automatically feel they are odd/off, but everything must run its course I think or else they'll always feel out of place lol.

I'm sure a nicely textured new toy will come up soon, but I don't really mind how long it takes since there are still so many sizes/toys I have yet to buy/use. Let alone other toy brands. Personally I could never afford to catch up to my desires :nomnom:
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Robiland wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I actually still really don't like the look of Blaze at all... But if it does it for others that's cool. I just hope BD do more interesting designs in the future.

LOL! Well, 64oz is 2L so fancy that. It's nice though 'cuz I never worry about how much I use at all

But yeah agreed lol. I'll never buy blaze or sofia, but they do make more sense now and they feel that they have a justified place on the lineup. Someone will love them, just like 75% of the lineup I don't personally love. One time I said "if it were up to me I'd only make the toys in my wishlist available.", so it's good that it's not up to me. Even though I don't like them though, they do feel like they fit with the feel of the company. So I'm glad they did these colours because blaze/sofia didn't really feel that way before. Something about a cohesive feel to the line-up, and I think more plain toys were needed because the current few we had really stood out amongst all the texture. Since they stand out so much people automatically feel they are odd/off, but everything must run its course I think or else they'll always feel out of place lol.

I'm sure a nicely textured new toy will come up soon, but I don't really mind how long it takes since there are still so many sizes/toys I have yet to buy/use. Let alone other toy brands. Personally I could never afford to catch up to my desires :nomnom:

Wow, shit... I think maybe some vegan cupcakes might be something to consider in the future! Since my jar is huge, so wow!!

I can see why you feel that way, and if people find something that makes them happy. I'm happy for them, it's just I feel it doesn't have anything that makes it seem unique in the same way other toys do. It reminds me too much of vanilla toys.

I hope more interesting designs come along in the future. Even if not to my taste, I just hope BD keeps up the interesting, but even better if one is just my cup of tea.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:30 pm

I love the inclusion of translucent colors, since it's not possible to custom order and all. I'm not sure about the shades, though :sniffing: I do love the new purple bright blade color, though! :widesmile:
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:33 pm

Amaranthe wrote:I love the inclusion of translucent colors, since it's not possible to custom order and all. I'm not sure about the shades, though :sniffing: I do love the new purple bright blade color, though! :widesmile:

I love translucent colors, so this is right up my alley (bahahaha) *ahem*.
I think I really like Water and Grass, but there's nothing else I'm really wanting right now.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:36 pm

vixenvega wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:I love the inclusion of translucent colors, since it's not possible to custom order and all. I'm not sure about the shades, though :sniffing: I do love the new purple bright blade color, though! :widesmile:

I think I really like Water and Grass, but there's nothing else I'm really wanting right now.

I'm on mobil atm so I can't get a good look at them. I think grass will be good for me, buuut I have to wait till I can check on the computer.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:36 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
vixenvega wrote:

I'm on mobil atm so I can't get a good look at them. I think grass will be good for me, buuut I have to wait till I can check on the computer.

Yeah, I had to right click the scrolling image since the linked one doesn't show them that well.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Hmm, now I'm considering "water" for my Elden, not that I can order him quite yet. I'm generally not into colours like grey, but I like how it looks with that yellow, on Blaze.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:47 pm

vixenvega wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
vixenvega wrote:I love translucent colors, so this is right up my alley (bahahaha) *ahem*.

Yeah, I had to right click the scrolling image since the linked one doesn't show them that well.

I got home way faster than I thought! Where'd all the traffic go? Well anyway, I'm really liking Grass! I like the idea of the electric one, but I don't really care for yellow all that much. I think instead of water I would just go with Echo's shaft color. Fire is nice but I think I liked other colors in that range more. Grass, though. Grass is where it's at for me :smilenox:
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
vixenvega wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:I'm on mobil atm so I can't get a good look at them. I think grass will be good for me, buuut I have to wait till I can check on the computer.

I got home way faster than I thought! Where'd all the traffic go? Well anyway, I'm really liking Grass! I like the idea of the electric one, but I don't really care for yellow all that much. I think instead of water I would just go with Echo's shaft color. Fire is nice but I think I liked other colors in that range more. Grass, though. Grass is where it's at for me :smilenox:

The only one I really dislike is Fire.
I do like the combination on Electric, gray and yellow is nice, but I don't want a toy in it.
I really like Grass the most, but I would like Water too. The metallic blue looks teal, a little green shimmer to it or something.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 pm

karla-chan wrote:Wow, shit... I think maybe some vegan cupcakes might be something to consider in the future! Since my jar is huge, so wow!!

I can see why you feel that way, and if people find something that makes them happy. I'm happy for them, it's just I feel it doesn't have anything that makes it seem unique in the same way other toys do. It reminds me too much of vanilla toys.

I hope more interesting designs come along in the future. Even if not to my taste, I just hope BD keeps up the interesting, but even better if one is just my cup of tea.

True! Sometimes I eat a spoonful of it, but mainly after I'm done filling lube containers :nerdy:. I should really start using it for more than just lube, so I think I will use my 100cc containers for other purposes to avoid contamination. So paranoid about contamination 'cuz it really sucks wasting a jar lol. Once you waste a jar you'll be worried for life :doh: LOL. *madness intensifies*

The one detail on blaze I can appreciate is the urethral opening. It's very detailed and far from vanilla if you really look at it. Desi Duke and the Anthrodragon are more vanilla in my opinion. Smooth toys are important anyway, I can use them with much more rhythm/pace so it's nice. If my toy is going to be smaller, it has to be smooth or else it's totally underwhelming in use since small/slow does nothing for me even with crazy texture. I like my M/5 scorn a lot too, but it's not something I can ever use fast. I'm a fan of diversity I guess, buuuuuut blaze still doesn't appeal to me personally.

I wonder what fans of pokemon think of the toy's design, whether it feels like it should be more detailed or if it it's a believable representation for them. I'd say that no other company really offers something that was intended to be representative of a pokemon D, so it's a nice niche they filled for sure. Just a question of how effective they were in it, and I'm not interested enough to comment on that lol.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Robiland wrote:
karla-chan wrote:Wow, shit... I think maybe some vegan cupcakes might be something to consider in the future! Since my jar is huge, so wow!!

True! Sometimes I eat a spoonful of it, but mainly after I'm done filling lube containers :nerdy:. I should really start using it for more than just lube, so I think I will use my 100cc containers for other purposes to avoid contamination. So paranoid about contamination 'cuz it really sucks wasting a jar lol. Once you waste a jar you'll be worried for life :doh: LOL. *madness intensifies*

The one detail on blaze I can appreciate is the urethral opening. It's very detailed and far from vanilla if you really look at it. Desi Duke and the Anthrodragon are more vanilla in my opinion. Smooth toys are important anyway, I can use them with much more rhythm/pace so it's nice. If my toy is going to be smaller, it has to be smooth or else it's totally underwhelming in use since small/slow does nothing for me even with crazy texture. I like my M/5 scorn a lot too, but it's not something I can ever use fast. I'm a fan of diversity I guess, buuuuuut blaze still doesn't appeal to me personally.

I wonder what fans of pokemon think of the toy's design, whether it feels like it should be more detailed or if it it's a believable representation for them. I'd say that no other company really offers something that was intended to be representative of a pokemon D, so it's a nice niche they filled for sure. Just a question of how effective they were in it, and I'm not interested enough to comment on that lol.

I admit I'm tempted to take a spoon full when I'm refilling jars too.

I just hate Blaze personally, I think it has details in the wrong ways and lack uniqueness in the wrong ways.

I think diversity is great, but apart from ultimate fantasy (who seems like a joke and is great because of that) I think there is something unique about every single other toy in the BD line up. Even ones I like less, they have something about them.

It's just my two cents though.
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:58 pm

reine wrote:I was just checking my order status (still processing), and...
Does anyone have any ideas what "im_location" means? :psyduck: The Pearce in the same order also says "im_location", but it doesn't have any letters/numbers after it.
image.jpeg

Im_location refers to Ironmans location. Yes, I'm kidding. Don't hold me to this, but it may just refer to where your toy currently is. But that only be an in-stock toy, not a made-to-order. If it was made-to-order, it wouldn't have a number as... well, it doesn't exist yet.
...but that's all the guessing info I would have based on what you've provided.

Now onto the new colors! I was never really interested in the "lightasaber" colors personally. They just don't do anything for me. They seem rather plain. If I were a Jedi (although I'm more chaotic neutral, I'm a Sith) would be a "Guardian" but I don't like the blue. Purple is ok, but I'm not Samuel l. Jackson.

The pokemon inspired colors are pretty good though. Although if you click on the sale it shows an alternate picture that doesn't show off the green very well (front face penetratable). The front page picture is fine, but you get a few seconds before it changes to the next. I could go back... but I'm a nit-picker about first world problems.
The yellow looks nice though. But I have no toys I'm itching to get.

*scratch scratch*
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
katze

Postby katze » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:06 pm

karla-chan wrote:I just hate Blaze personally, I think it has details in the wrong ways and lack uniqueness in the wrong ways.

I think diversity is great, but apart from ultimate fantasy (who seems like a joke and is great because of that) I think there is something unique about every single other toy in the BD line up. Even ones I like less, they have something about them.

Eh, the great thing about these toys is they are always going to be loved by someone out there. It's the perfect toy for someone. My best friend absolutely loved blaze when I showed them so I got them one.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Roverseer

Postby Roverseer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Robiland wrote:I wonder what fans of pokemon think of the toy's design, whether it feels like it should be more detailed or if it it's a believable representation for them. I'd say that no other company really offers something that was intended to be representative of a pokemon D, so it's a nice niche they filled for sure. Just a question of how effective they were in it, and I'm not interested enough to comment on that lol.

Actually, GeekySexToys on Etsy had some Pokemon toys. A more mainstream take on them, but BD wasn't the first if we're going by Blaze and Sofia. Wouldn't the Guardian be BD's first Pokemon toy anyway? I thought that was based off of someone's Zoruark character.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:03 pm

katze wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I just hate Blaze personally, I think it has details in the wrong ways and lack uniqueness in the wrong ways.

Eh, the great thing about these toys is they are always going to be loved by someone out there. It's the perfect toy for someone. My best friend absolutely loved blaze when I showed them so I got them one.

Yeah I was looking at all the other toys to find a similar level of minimalist design, and it's pretty much only sofia and blaze. Every other toy has much more detail/realism. Even the zootopia ones have a level of detail/realism that goes far beyond the stylized cartoon/pokemon level, which makes sense considering the detail characters have in zootopia. Pokemon has always had a very bare minimum level of features though, so the toy appearing unrealistic to a degree is proper. For all the criticism I've given it, I think it's a pretty good toy for those who would be interested.

I don't think it would be right if BD made a pokemon toy that didn't fit the feel of the character, just to make sure the toy maintains the level of detail/texture that BD has had for the most part. Looking at it as a pokemon inspired toy changes my perception of it completely, but I still don't want it personally. Not my cup of tea lol, and that's all it really boils down to: Personal preference~

roverseer wrote:Actually, GeekySexToys on Etsy had some Pokemon toys. A more mainstream take on them, but BD wasn't the first if we're going by Blaze and Sofia. Wouldn't the Guardian be BD's first Pokemon toy anyway? I thought that was based off of someone's Zoruark character.

Nice, never saw those, but they aren't anthro so I wouldn't count them as filling that niche. I wouldn't really consider the guardian that way either even if that's what it was based off, as BD didn't design it and there is no official art. Plus it just doesn't look like it is a pokemon toy at all, in my opinion anyway

edit: I think it's the level of texture and especially the fur on the base that makes it not look pokemon at all. With blaze and sofia, all the lack of natural detail they've been criticized for is what makes them seem like they are pokemon. I just didn't really consider that as BD's intent fully until they released the extra effective colours.
Last edited by Robiland on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
AriesCat

Postby AriesCat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Uuunf I am eyeing Redemption Purple SO HARD. I just can't pick a model yet. Maybe Sleipnir or Echo? I don't have either of those in 5 firmness.... I don't knooow. But on the plus side, I know why my ticketed Guardian Blue Flint shipped so darn fast! They must have had the silicon ready for this weekend :widesmile:
► Show Spoiler
Drazard

Postby Drazard » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:00 pm

AriesCat wrote:Uuunf I am eyeing Redemption Purple SO HARD. I just can't pick a model yet. Maybe Sleipnir or Echo? I don't have either of those in 5 firmness.... I don't knooow. But on the plus side, I know why my ticketed Guardian Blue Flint shipped so darn fast! They must have had the silicon ready for this weekend :widesmile:

Right?? I'd be all over something in Redemption Purple (or even Darkside Red, seeing as it glows red-ish now!) if I had the money/there were any models left from BD that I actually wanted.

I think Echo would look great in Redemption Purple myself! :excited:

Return to “General Discussion”