/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Kisa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Kisa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:35 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Kisa wrote:I remember when Ika first came out, and I was immediately excited. I came to the forums to be all giddy about Ika, and I think me and only a handful of people were excited. Some people didn't like it, which is fine, but others were really negative. It made me question my own opinion there for a second, I'm glad I went back on the Ika loving train. I'm on day 6 of waiting on my custom turquoise Ika.

I wasn't too excited about Pearce, but he does have a lovely amount of girth and curve to him. So I can see why he's been getting more love recently.

I saw a beautiful Turqoise Ika posted online. I hope yours turns out just as nice!

For me I was merely flabbergasted that it was being marketed as an ideal g-spot toy right on the page/for vaginal use. Pointed tips tend to aggravate cervixes, very thin tapered tips aren't known at all for being good for g spot stim and tend to fold over making g spot stimulation more difficult, and vaginas handle girth better than length usually bottoming out or painfully hitting the cervix past 5 - 5.5", with Ika being a skinny/long toy even in small being longer than the average length.

Yet if Ika works for some vaginal toyers that's great! If they can get toys behind their cervix to enjoy more power length more power to 'em! However I'd never once look at Ika and think it'd be great vaginal toy.

For me, my gspot is located about 3-4 inches inside, my mini Echo can reach it perfectly. So the small Ika, with the curve and the texture of the base of the shaft should hit my spot perfectly. I'm not too fussed about the tip because I'm not trying to hit anything deeper inside my vagina, if I am, that's what my Sleipnir or medium Echo is for. My entrance is the most sensitive to texture, so I'm glad that there is a toy with a lot of heavy texture around the base with an aesthetic I enjoy. I think they made Ika with such a thin tip, so that if you get the model in a soft or medium then it'll coil around inside you and allow you to take much longer models so you can get the girth of toy you want without having to worry about length. I could be wrong though. My toy still hasn't shipped and I ordered a small because the medium was a touch too girthy for me.

And yeah, I saw two turquoise Ikas in the adoptions before I placed my order. I would have scooped it up, but they both were in a soft and I wouldn't take anything but a medium firmness. So I opted for a custom order.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Kisa wrote:For me, my gspot is located about 3-4 inches inside, my mini Echo can reach it perfectly. So the small Ika, with the curve and the texture of the base of the shaft should hit my spot perfectly. I'm not too fussed about the tip because I'm not trying to hit anything deeper inside my vagina, if I am, that's what my Sleipnir or medium Echo is for. My entrance is the most sensitive to texture, so I'm glad that there is a toy with a lot of heavy texture around the base with an aesthetic I enjoy. I think they made Ika with such a thin tip, so that if you get the model in a soft or medium then it'll coil around inside you and allow you to take much longer models so you can get the girth of toy you want without having to worry about length. I could be wrong though. My toy still hasn't shipped and I ordered a small because the medium was a touch too girthy for me.

And yeah, I saw two turquoise Ikas in the adoptions before I placed my order. I would have scooped it up, but they both were in a soft and I wouldn't take anything but a medium firmness. So I opted for a custom order.

Oh the length to the g spot isn't what I meant. Thicker tips tend to get at the G spot better than thin pointed ones. The few reviews I've read on Ika for vaginal use all stated the tip wasn't right for g spot stimulation. There will of course be those that differ. I'm not sure if the tip curls in to protect the g spot or not...doesn't seem to be the case for the Tail Stretcher that has a thin tapered tip. That's fair for the length. For me the problem's if I want to use the toy for thrusting. It can be distracting trying to make sure it doesn't go past a certain point so it doesn't stab the cervix. Shorter toys mean this problem/distraction doesn't have to happen. I certainly agree Ika's texture looks great. I may some day pick up one if I find a great price on a stunning flop or a great price on a second hand mini.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:34 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Kisa wrote:For me, my gspot is located about 3-4 inches inside, my mini Echo can reach it perfectly. So the small Ika, with the curve and the texture of the base of the shaft should hit my spot perfectly. I'm not too fussed about the tip because I'm not trying to hit anything deeper inside my vagina, if I am, that's what my Sleipnir or medium Echo is for. My entrance is the most sensitive to texture, so I'm glad that there is a toy with a lot of heavy texture around the base with an aesthetic I enjoy. I think they made Ika with such a thin tip, so that if you get the model in a soft or medium then it'll coil around inside you and allow you to take much longer models so you can get the girth of toy you want without having to worry about length. I could be wrong though. My toy still hasn't shipped and I ordered a small because the medium was a touch too girthy for me.

Oh the length to the g spot isn't what I meant. Thicker tips tend to get at the G spot better than thin pointed ones. The few reviews I've read on Ika for vaginal use all stated the tip wasn't right for g spot stimulation. There will of course be those that differ. I'm not sure if the tip curls in to protect the g spot or not...doesn't seem to be the case for the Tail Stretcher that has a thin tapered tip. That's fair for the length. For me the problem's if I want to use the toy for thrusting. It can be distracting trying to make sure it doesn't go past a certain point so it doesn't stab the cervix. Shorter toys mean this problem/distraction doesn't have to happen. I certainly agree Ika's texture looks great. I may some day pick up one if I find a great price on a stunning flop or a great price on a second hand mini.

I'm a thruster by nature, and all of my toys were bought for that. I bought the Ika for grinding and shorter thrusts, just to expand my horizons and try something out. Since I have a Bonbon from Liberator, it actually makes toys fun to grind on, so I think the toy will do great on there. I get what you're saying about Ika's tip, I'm not going to use the tip to touch my gspot, I'm going to use the bottom half of the toy to grind my gspot against all of that texture.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:56 am

Kisa wrote:
Grimly Fiendish wrote:
Kisa wrote:Yeah I really liked the threads, but it does spiral down to a lot of negativity if the new release doesn't happen to be the cup of tea for some users.

Not just negativity about the toy, but negativity about BD in general (they're ruining their own business, they don't care about their customers, I don't like it therefore nobody else will like it, etc).

Then a few months later, people start saying "Hey, ______ is pretty good!"

Already seen this with Pearce and Ika, and I've been here only a short time.

I remember when Ika first came out, and I was immediately excited. I came to the forums to be all giddy about Ika, and I think me and only a handful of people were excited. Some people didn't like it, which is fine, but others were really negative. It made me question my own opinion there for a second, I'm glad I went back on the Ika loving train. I'm on day 6 of waiting on my custom turquoise Ika.

I wasn't too excited about Pearce, but he does have a lovely amount of girth and curve to him. So I can see why he's been getting more love recently.

I really miss the new model threads, even if I personally don't like the model I like the discussion about it. As long as it's sticking to pros, and cons and reasons why.

Since individually it's just personal opinion, but collectively you can figure out what people are looking for in a toy. If there are gaps that they're not covering etc. Like personally I hate Pearce, but a lot of people commented on how there weren't many short girthy toys, because they had trouble with things being too long. So that is a gap for some people's needs.

Plus when I'm looking into a toy I love to hear all sides, because it helps me figure out if it is for me or not. Since all our bodies are different.

Plus I think this type of discussion is easy to set apart from the general negative. But I think some of this has its place too, because people are hoping BD are going to listen. Like over the logo thing. But I doubt it's to try and invalidate people who like it. It's certainly not my intention when I'm disliking something.

I was excited about the hype of Ika, but was a little disappointed because I felt it wasn't something for me. I was concerned about the straight toy, with a very pointy end. Plus I didn't rate the texture of the Tentacle. But I loved how they marketed it like an unknown kaiju, and all the little clips they did where fun.
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:07 am

I really like seeing people get excited about toys, even if the toy isn't for me. Since I'm a big fan of short, girthy toys, I was stoked about Pearce and Blaze. Pearce especially, since he came after several thin toys in a row - prior to Pearce, the last new release I got excited about was Stan (I love MD's design, but the onesize/medium is not enough to get my attention). And who knows, sometimes seeing people get excited is enough to get me curious. I wasn't originally interested in Ika, but the glowing reviews even from fans of girthy toys are enough to pique my interest.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:56 am

Tempest wrote:I really like seeing people get excited about toys, even if the toy isn't for me. Since I'm a big fan of short, girthy toys, I was stoked about Pearce and Blaze. Pearce especially, since he came after several thin toys in a row - prior to Pearce, the last new release I got excited about was Stan (I love MD's design, but the onesize/medium is not enough to get my attention). And who knows, sometimes seeing people get excited is enough to get me curious. I wasn't originally interested in Ika, but the glowing reviews even from fans of girthy toys are enough to pique my interest.

Reviews are amazing, and can be so, so useful. I've changed my mind on Echo because of the reviews. My first impressions of him weren't that great, but minds can always be changed.

I'm still cautious about Ika though. It's good it's great for some people though.
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:12 am

karla-chan wrote:
Tempest wrote:I really like seeing people get excited about toys, even if the toy isn't for me. Since I'm a big fan of short, girthy toys, I was stoked about Pearce and Blaze. Pearce especially, since he came after several thin toys in a row - prior to Pearce, the last new release I got excited about was Stan (I love MD's design, but the onesize/medium is not enough to get my attention). And who knows, sometimes seeing people get excited is enough to get me curious. I wasn't originally interested in Ika, but the glowing reviews even from fans of girthy toys are enough to pique my interest.

Reviews are amazing, and can be so, so useful. I've changed my mind on Echo because of the reviews. My first impressions of him weren't that great, but minds can always be changed.

I'm still cautious about Ika though. It's good it's great for some people though.

Echo's an interesting one! I still can't make up my mind about him - the shaft looks interesting, similar to Nox but more bulge and texture, but I just can't get over those balls... I do like balls on toys, but I'm fairly particular.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:41 am

Tempest wrote:
karla-chan wrote:

Echo's an interesting one! I still can't make up my mind about him - the shaft looks interesting, similar to Nox but more bulge and texture, but I just can't get over those balls... I do like balls on toys, but I'm fairly particular.

That's one of my doubts about the toy actually... I'm trying to ignore that since it otherwise seems like a good toy with that curve. But at first I was completely put off by him.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:14 pm

karla-chan wrote:
Tempest wrote:
karla-chan wrote:

That's one of my doubts about the toy actually... I'm trying to ignore that since it otherwise seems like a good toy with that curve. But at first I was completely put off by him.

I know I've said this somewhere else but Echo's balls are my favorite, but different strokes for different folks.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:26 pm

karla-chan wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I really like the height echo's balls provide. With that flange separating the shaft from the balls, you can't bounce off them so they're only for height/stability/aesthetics. I like bouncing off balls but I also like what echo's accomplish.

The curve and bulge is really nice, especially on a L/5. For me every detail of the texture is very noticeable in that size/firmness, so much so that the little pointy bit on the medial ring's front is irritating when pointed toward more sensitive areas. I thought it was much more pronounced than it actually is before looking at my toy with that in mind lol. The curve and length of the toy for me works better sideways anyway, so it's a non-issue as I am not sensitive in those areas.

I can see why people like the toy so much but I can also see why it doesn't work for many. Works good for me in the right angles and it feels longer than its usable length suggests for some good reason~. Makes me want to try crackers.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Robiland wrote:
karla-chan wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I really like the height echo's balls provide. With that flange separating the shaft from the balls, you can't bounce off them so they're only for height/stability/aesthetics. I like bouncing off balls but I also like what echo's accomplish.

The curve and bulge is really nice, especially on a L/5. For me every detail of the texture is very noticeable in that size/firmness, so much so that the little pointy bit on the medial ring's front is irritating when pointed toward more sensitive areas. I thought it was much more pronounced than it actually is before looking at my toy with that in mind lol. The curve and length of the toy for me works better sideways anyway, so it's a non-issue as I am not sensitive in those areas.

I can see why people like the toy so much but I can also see why it doesn't work for many. Works good for me in the right angles and it feels longer than its usable length suggests for some good reason~. Makes me want to try crackers.

Yes! I didn't even think about it, but the height on Echo's base is great. If you're riding him, it pushes him up a little, and it does make a great base to bounce on. I put my Echos on a Liberator Bonbon and go to town
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
katze

Postby katze » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Kisa wrote:I know I've said this somewhere else but Echo's balls are my favorite, but different strokes for different folks.

I feel the same way, as I'm sure I've said before! They're just perfect to me. They manage to be both cute and really hot.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Kisa wrote:Yes! I didn't even think about it, but the height on Echo's base is great. If you're riding him, it pushes him up a little, and it does make a great base to bounce on. I put my Echos on a Liberator Bonbon and go to town

It's true. While I can't bounce directly off the balls, the toy is very nice to bottom out against. Do you actually mean bouncing off the balls though? It's too much for me to get over that barrier with my toy but maybe on smaller sizes with 3 firmness? Might be interesting to get one in M/3 if so~
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
katze

Postby katze » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:51 pm

So in my most recent order (large crash) I ordered a bottle of white cumlube for a friend. I quickly realized that it had leaked, thankfully not a lot. The bottle itself just seemed to be coated in lube. I took off the cap and the seal is clearly damaged. Just sent in a ticket to BD letting them know, since I feel like it's something they should be aware of. I'm also kind of hesitant to give a cumlube bottle with a broken seal to my friend...may just end up pitching it :(

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
katze

Postby katze » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
I had an issue like this, and they sent me a new bottle right away.
I ended up using the bottle with the broken seal to just kinda play with and use in some of my old nasty cosplay pics, lol!

Really? Thank god, I hope they send me a new bottle too since my friend doesn't want this one obviously haha.

^ↀᴥↀ^

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Robiland wrote:
Kisa wrote:Yes! I didn't even think about it, but the height on Echo's base is great. If you're riding him, it pushes him up a little, and it does make a great base to bounce on. I put my Echos on a Liberator Bonbon and go to town

It's true. While I can't bounce directly off the balls, the toy is very nice to bottom out against. Do you actually mean bouncing off the balls though? It's too much for me to get over that barrier with my toy but maybe on smaller sizes with 3 firmness? Might be interesting to get one in M/3 if so~

No I don't bounce right on them, it just makes a good base to ride the shaft on
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Kisa wrote:No I don't bounce right on them, it just makes a good base to ride the shaft on

Good to know, I'm still interested in a medium though because large is moderately intense. Be nice to try a more gentle echo~.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
katze

Postby katze » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:55 pm

For those who own a medium crackers, how is the printer texture on that size?

^ↀᴥↀ^

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:58 pm

katze wrote:For those who own a medium crackers, how is the printer texture on that size?

I've had a small through extra large. My medium is in soft firmness, no printer texture, my XL is split firmness and no printer texture, my small and large both had very bad printer texture. I think it depends on the mold too. I really enjoy my medium crackers, but coming from someone who strongly disliked my small from the printer texture, the medium is fine for me.
katze

Postby katze » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:I've had a small through extra large. My medium is in soft firmness, no printer texture, my XL is split firmness and no printer texture, my small and large both had very bad printer texture. I think it depends on the mold too. I really enjoy my medium crackers, but coming from someone who strongly disliked my small from the printer texture, the medium is fine for me.

Thank you for the quick reply! I went ahead and just bought a flopped (air bubble on the base) medium 5 crackers in winter wonderland (with suction cup)!! Along with two packs of teenies, of course. With how cheap this toy was I figured it would be nice to try the size and firmness out. This way I don't spend full price on a toy that turns out to be too abrasive/firm. :surprised:

^ↀᴥↀ^

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)

Return to “General Discussion”