/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Kisa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Kisa » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:21 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
Kisa wrote:Lol amIright.

Anyway, I saw they dropped a pretty Pearce I think that was the model and it was in this pretty red and pinkish white color. Made it look like a frosted strawberry. I'm not sure if this is another test dessert pour, but it would look so good as one. Be cool to get a big scary Flint model in that color. So you get this really intense beast of a toy, but in this really delicate and cute color.

This one (under spoiler)? If so, I grabbed it. :) There was some discussion about the coloring over in the adoptions adventure thread already regarding the dessert look, haha.

► Show Spoiler

Yeah, that's the one. It looks so cute
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Kisa wrote:Yeah, that's the one. It looks so cute

Honestly it only grabbed my attention because of the color... I wasn't looking for a Pearce, at all, but then I saw it and loved the color and I started considering it... I talked with my boyfriend about it and he was like, "I think it's ugly, but it might be good to have a more smooth toy" (most of my toys have some sort of texture). Since he had a point about the smooth part, i figured I'd give it a try...

AND, of course, the cuteness! That's really the most important part. I hope it looks as cute in person as it does in pics.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:57 am

Kisa wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I do think it's possible for BD to have a chocolate theme and it be completely different to DA. I also think that a chocolate theme is going to happen because it's just such a classic. Just it needs to be done right.

I think there is a line that BD should be careful of, because I think it could be a negative light if it looked too much alike what DA are doing. People care about that kind of thing, and even if DA is nothing their thing would choose against BD. Plus there are people out there that find any excuses to hate on BD, so why give them fuel?

I personally think it would be that much better if they did it in a different month as well. Since it's harder to say that they have copied in a shady way. Since champagne cake looks really interesting, and I think the cake themes coming from BD are pretty sincere. I have genuine excitement for what they're going to make.

People who want to hate on BD are going to find a way to hate on them no matter what they do. BD releases a bunch of smooth models, that while there's a bunch of love for those models, people hate on them. BD releases a textured model (Ika), people hate on them. BD ups their manufacturing department to get orders out faster, but this means their more complicated pours can't be done and you have to stalk the adopts page for the good stuff, people hate on them.

I mean, you can't please everyone, and there's always going to be a random person to hate on something, but I wouldn't advise making your decisions based on "not fueling the haters." They're going to fuel themselves, you just got to let it roll off your back.

Some people find any excuses to hate on BD, that is very true. However if they do things that a morally wrong, it's not about "not pleasing everybody". It then becomes GOOD reason to hate them.

Some people have reasonable reasons for it, since BD has been accused of copying before. At the moment I'm at the stage of giving BD the benefit of doubt, since so much parallel evolution happens. However if this happened too often then I'd really start to have a problem and think it's no longer a coincidence.

I don't want to get to that stage, because I greatly prefer BD toys to pretty much everything on the market. However know there are people who feel the same, I know people that are like well if it keeps happening then I'm going to boycott.

A company being shady is not OK.

I'll admit if they did got with chocolate this month, as long as it was different. It wouldn't be enough for me to draw the line, but it would be another tick of wariness for the future.

I really like BD stuff as a whole and I love their promotional colours. However if I think a company is doing dodgy and immoral practices, I will stop supportung them. I've done it before. My beliefs are really important to me.

Also people "hating on" a certain model, or "hating" the fact they can't do something that they used to. Can be really valid depending on how it presented. Since honestly I'd be willing to wait longer for certain things, and pay extra. I really have no objections to waiting months to have something specially made personally for me. I get why it's not on the page as a common option.

Honestly though I wish you could ticket about the more complicated stuff, and still have the option if you agree to wait longer etc. But they do just say no. Which I can understand why that is fully upsetting when it was something that they used to do.

I've heard a lot of bad things about Bad Dragon, sometimes it's valid, and other times its just things like Tumblr being well... Tumblr. Since honestly I got so much shit on my dolls blog for commenting on how I got really good customer service from Bad Dragon. Which was really dumb for the most part, but a couple of things I thought. I'll keep an eye out for that.
Idra

Postby Idra » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:39 pm

I know someone (can't remember who, sorry!) asked for pictures of Saturn so I took some, and on my phone they looked pretty true to life, but on my computer monitor they look much more blue. In person I would definitely say this is a purple with blue pearlescence and in my rainbow lineup of cocks Ika will be my purple one. I would say "dusty medium purple." It also has these neat lighter swirls in places. Idk if it's where the pigment didn't get mixed as well or if it's intentional but either way, I love it. :3
IMG_20170202_151649.jpg

IMG_20170202_151703.jpg
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Nqlf

Postby Nqlf » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:12 am

Hey peeps, anyone here had trouble with the little black rubbery bit in the cumtube syringe getting stuck/the syringe being really hard to actuate? I had a bit of a search around for other people with this same issue, and most people seem to recommend just getting a better syringe. Unfortunately, I can't do that, so I was wondering if anyone knew about the type of rubber used and if using a dab of superglue or silicone glue to fix it in place would be a good idea?

Cheers in advance
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Omg that Nova on the SHE promotion page... I want and need it o.o
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:41 pm

blushingkitten wrote:Omg that Nova on the SHE promotion page... I want and need it o.o

My thoughts exactly :stick: Nova always looks so good in fades to me.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Raven

Postby Raven » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:54 pm

Since lately people are more and more interested in actual measurements I made a Sheet for it so we have everything in one place. So far I posted there my toys measurements and whatever I could find on the forums. To contribute you can make a comment in the Sheet and I will add it in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Female, My toys: (all in soft, details under Spoiler)
Fenrir M, Flint m, Meng O, Mountain Drake O, Nova S, Nox S, Pretzal S, Stan m, Tentacle M
► Show Spoiler
Harra

Postby Harra » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Raven wrote:Since lately people are more and more interested in actual measurements I made a Sheet for it so we have everything in one place. So far I posted there my toys measurements and whatever I could find on the forums. To contribute you can make a comment in the Sheet and I will add it in.

Just measured and commented my three BD toys~ This is an awesome project~
Oh... am I supposed to put something witty here? Alright. Something witty. :stick:

Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Raven

Postby Raven » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Harra wrote:Just measured and commented my three BD toys~ This is an awesome project~

Thank you :misc2:
Fenrir M, Flint m, Meng O, Mountain Drake O, Nova S, Nox S, Pretzal S, Stan m, Tentacle M
► Show Spoiler
Idra

Postby Idra » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:36 pm

How does everyone find Trent, vaginally?
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Idra wrote:How does everyone find Trent, vaginally?

He's fantastic! In fact, he's my favorite. I have a small in medium firmness. The shape and the friendly texture really works for me! :misc2: :widesmile:
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:53 pm

Idra wrote:How does everyone find Trent, vaginally?

I have a medium/medium one, and he's pretty high up on my list, personally.
I really love how his lower shaft is smooth (probably the smoothest surface texture in my entire collection) but the ridges up top give amazing sensations deep inside. He tapers out gradually, and thanks to that smooth shaft again, he surprises you with how much you can take. He's replaced my Legacy Xeno as being the best stretching/prep toy I own! (and he feels godly too, as an added bonus)
Idra

Postby Idra » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:57 pm

Vitani wrote:I have a medium/medium one, and he's pretty high up on my list, personally.

Amaranthe wrote:He's fantastic! In fact, he's my favorite. I have a small in medium firmness. The shape and the friendly texture really works for me! :misc2: :widesmile:

Thanks guys! I just spotted an M/5 flop (the exact size/firmness I was pondering) and wanted some thoughts on it. So... I grabbed it! And even better, the balance in my PayPal from selling a couple toys recently covered the whole thing!!!

Hopefully I will like it for stretching. I really need something for that. I guess I could have gone with large to stretch but I'll see about it if I like this one :3

Plus it's in Tops This, which I would never be able to pay extra for but is just gorgeous.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Twili

Postby Twili » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Raven wrote:Since lately people are more and more interested in actual measurements I made a Sheet for it so we have everything in one place. So far I posted there my toys measurements and whatever I could find on the forums. To contribute you can make a comment in the Sheet and I will add it in.

This is awesome! I want to help too, enough so that I just ordered a tape measure so I can contribute. :D (and, thank you Amazon, it will be here tomorrow)

I think it would be great if we can get this linked in the other thread, so I'm gonna go there and suggest it too.
Collection :D
► Show Spoiler

Wishlist II: The Return
► Show Spoiler
Raven

Postby Raven » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Twili wrote:This is awesome! I want to help too, enough so that I just ordered a tape measure so I can contribute. :D (and, thank you Amazon, it will be here tomorrow)

I think it would be great if we can get this linked in the other thread, so I'm gonna go there and suggest it too.

Thank you, spreading the word is the most important thing now :misc2:
► Show Spoiler
Harra

Postby Harra » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:17 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
It's sad we have to do this, instead of BD, yknow, being a tad more accurate with their measurements?

This.
Don't get me wrong, it's fun to go a little nuts with my tape measure. But BD should be giving accurate and detailed measurements in the first place. Especially because I read a Blaze review this morning that showed a large Blaze was a whole 1.04" larger than advertised. Someone is going to hurt themselves one of these days.
Oh... am I supposed to put something witty here? Alright. Something witty. :stick:

Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Raven

Postby Raven » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Sweet! I'll have to bust out my toys later.

It's sad we have to do this, instead of BD, yknow, being a tad more accurate with their measurements?

Harra wrote:This.
Don't get me wrong, it's fun to go a little nuts with my tape measure. But BD should be giving accurate and detailed measurements in the first place. Especially because I read a Blaze review this morning that showed a large Blaze was a whole 1.04" larger than advertised. Someone is going to hurt themselves one of these days.

Yeah...don't think that BD would actually change all their measurements since it would be quite some work, which probably isn't worth for them. But since so many people are interested in measurements, we can have more than the few BD provides, so people can know whether the more intricate models are for them.
► Show Spoiler
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:53 pm

I think what really bothers most folks is when BD is adamant their measurements are all correct even when shown proof they are not. It's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt and, you know, technically the buyer would have a case since BD provided incorrect measurements in the first place. We should be able to trust the company, we can't. That's a little frightening when it comes to toys we're shoving places.

Heck, I *almost* bought a large Blaze yesterday, the website listing it as not even 9" circumference. He's actually 10". That is a big discrepancy. BD really does need to stand up and take responsibility for their measurements being wrong, on a good many of their toys. They won't, though, I think we all know that. What also bothers me is how they seemingly don't want folks within the community to help them with their incorrect charts; I know many of us have offered. We can't even get one of the handful of measurement threads, stickied and even if we could, not every newcomer is going to know to look on the forums for help. They're going to straight up assume they can trust BD's information.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Raven

Postby Raven » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:02 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I think what really bothers most folks is when BD is adament their measurements are all correct even when shown proof they are not. It's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt and, you know, technically the buyer would have a case since BD provided incorrect measurements in the first place. We should be able to trust the company, we can't. That's a little frightening when it comes to toys we're shoving places.

Heck, I *almost* bought a large Blaze yesterday, the website listing it as not even 9" circumference. He's actually 10". That is a big discrepancy. BD really does need to stand up and take responsibility for their measurements being wrong, on a good many of their toys. They won't, though, I think we all know that. What also bothers me is how they seemingly don't want folks within the community to help them with their incorrect charts; I know many of us have offered. We can't even get one of the handful of measurement threads, stickied.

The problem is they aren't technically wrong they are just measured in wrong places. So even if somebody got hurt I don't think anything would get solved.

It's sad that we won't get a stickie...I suppose we will just have to not let it die.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”