/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Vitani
Posts: 5099
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm
Gender: Female
Location: The Outlands

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Vitani » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Fae Fantase » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:50 pm

I'm not remotely surprised they're redoing Rex's Signature. It looks like it'd take longer to pour mayhaps flop more than a regular fade. I'm not big on red/mostly red toys yet yeah the old one looks way better. Merely due to how the fade looks so different than a standard fade. To BD's credit at least they announced it. And didn't turn it into a solid metallic/basic marble/simple split color :smilenox:.

I think part of why they're making everything so basic has partly to do with all the impatient people out there. B-D used to get so many complaints about customs taking too long. Now the rest of us who would gladly wait for a tighter marble or more even fade get to have options cut for simpler designs. So many wanted fast toys..now they got their wish at the expense of color and design options. Only in part because that doesn't explain really when they put up pictures of a random stock toy on all the pictures for toys in the Signature Color. When that individual toy's marbling or fade can vary wildly depending on which person poured it.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Kisa
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am
Gender: Female

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Kisa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:25 pm

lovelyscales wrote:I'm not remotely surprised they're redoing Rex's Signature. It looks like it'd take longer to pour mayhaps flop more than a regular fade. I'm not big on red/mostly red toys yet yeah the old one looks way better. Merely due to how the fade looks so different than a standard fade. To BD's credit at least they announced it. And didn't turn it into a solid metallic/basic marble/simple split color :smilenox:.

I think part of why they're making everything so basic has partly to do with all the impatient people out there. B-D used to get so many complaints about customs taking too long. Now the rest of us who would gladly wait for a tighter marble or more even fade get to have options cut for simpler designs. So many wanted fast toys..now they got their wish at the expense of color and design options. Only in part because that doesn't explain really when they put up pictures of a random stock toy on all the pictures for toys in the Signature Color. When that individual toy's marbling or fade can vary wildly depending on which person poured it.


I'd rather my toy come in a few days to a week than wait months for it to come in. The only complex color I really like is Flint's signature stud color, I'd wait for that one. But for the most part I'd rather have a simple color design on a toy that gets here in a week or so over a really complex color designed toy that takes months.

I hope they don't do anything to Flint's stud color, if they do, at least they announce the changes now and I'd have a chance to snag the color.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
User avatar
Sean
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:39 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Sean » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:50 pm

I'm glad they kept the original art and description/story, too. Brings me back to old times.
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
User avatar
Vulpine Aurora
Posts: 907
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:22 am
Gender: Male
Location: The Sticks, NH

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Kisa wrote:Image

I'm not really chiming in on the colors thing, but I just had to say THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING ME THIS GIF.
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:59 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:
Kisa wrote:Image

I'm not really chiming in on the colors thing, but I just had to say THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING ME THIS GIF.

I love this gif. I wanted a salt shaker emoji but A GIANT GIF IS SO MUCH BETTER
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Kisa
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am
Gender: Female

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Kisa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:24 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:
Kisa wrote:Image

I'm not really chiming in on the colors thing, but I just had to say THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING ME THIS GIF.


Welcome bb
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby karla-chan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:44 am

I am actually really glad that they are telling people about the colour change, since if people want it bad enough then they can make sure they get it before it is gone. I actually think this is an improvement. Since it does give people a chance not to miss out!

It is much, much better then just changing it!

I am also happy for the people who bringing the werewolf muzzle is going to be good for! I know a lot of people were upset about that being gone!
User avatar
Sanctga
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:34 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Sanctga » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:23 am

I think they really should take a step back on the cinematic toy shots they use on the product pages as of late. The camera ankles might make it look fancy, but a plain view from all sides is way more informative. I wouldn't care if they put them alongside the direct perspective ones. But cinematic shots only really hinder my buying decision.
User avatar
NaughtyMewMew
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:52 am
Gender: Female

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby NaughtyMewMew » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:30 am

Does anybody know if all the pre-made cockshathes are really the red, white, and blue? Or did Bad Dragon just get lazy and decide to use that same stock photo for ALL of them, even the newest made ones? I'm thinking of picking up a cocksheath and a basilisk before visiting a friend in May, and I wouldn't object to getting a pre-made if I just knew for sure what they looked like. I wish they wouldn't get so lazy with some of this stuff. I KNOW that they don't all look exactly the same, even if they use the same colors. People might even buy the red, white, and blue ones if they could see what nifty patterns the colors made during the pour for each actual option. Using the one photo for multiple toys kind of kills their ability to sell said toy.
Is finally the proud and pleasured owner of Zalkin, the adopted Anthro Dragon! v1
Order #8465
Tempest
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 pm
Gender: Dude
Location: California

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Tempest » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:02 am

NaughtyMewMew wrote:Does anybody know if all the pre-made cockshathes are really the red, white, and blue? Or did Bad Dragon just get lazy and decide to use that same stock photo for ALL of them, even the newest made ones? I'm thinking of picking up a cocksheath and a basilisk before visiting a friend in May, and I wouldn't object to getting a pre-made if I just knew for sure what they looked like. I wish they wouldn't get so lazy with some of this stuff. I KNOW that they don't all look exactly the same, even if they use the same colors. People might even buy the red, white, and blue ones if they could see what nifty patterns the colors made during the pour for each actual option. Using the one photo for multiple toys kind of kills their ability to sell said toy.

They're leftovers from a July 4 promo. The color was called "MURICA." But yeah that doesn't tell you about individual variation within that color.

I'm glad to see the werewolf muzzle back even though I'm not really into penetratables, and I love the new colors! Good job announcing the Good Boy color change, given the sheer number of "Rogue" Good Boys I've seen in adopts I'm not surprised they made the change. I'm hoping this will mean we can get this color on other knotted toys now, because I love the color but I'm not interested in Rex.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
User avatar
Dragonus Maximus
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:50 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Latvia

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Dragonus Maximus » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Hmm... Bullet vibe seems to have returned back to the store. Can anyone tell, what's the difference between this and the old one?
An insightful comment about cookies.
User avatar
thesharkwhisperer
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Dragonus Maximus wrote:Hmm... Bullet vibe seems to have returned back to the store. Can anyone tell, what's the difference between this and the old one?

From what I can tell they are the same :mystery:
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10490
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:43 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Dragonus Maximus wrote:Hmm... Bullet vibe seems to have returned back to the store. Can anyone tell, what's the difference between this and the old one?

From what I can tell they are the same :mystery:


This was my thought. Hmm... I personally wouldn't buy it. They're cheaply made and break very fast. One person here had theirs replaced something like 3 times before they finally gave up with it.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
katze
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Gender: female/idc
Location: CA

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby katze » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Did it have the logo on the remote before?
Image

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
User avatar
tangrith
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:53 am
Gender: male

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby tangrith » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Update - Lol nvm, it's one of the top threads in the general section....

Original post -
Hey guys, just doing a bit of picture browsing since I'm thinking of ordering a new toy. Does anyone know if there's a thread somewhere that have a lot of pictures that show off the various colors for toys? Kinda like the size comparison thread I suppose.
User avatar
katze
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Gender: female/idc
Location: CA

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby katze » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:20 pm

tangrith wrote:Update - Lol nvm, it's one of the top threads in the general section....

Original post -
Hey guys, just doing a bit of picture browsing since I'm thinking of ordering a new toy. Does anyone know if there's a thread somewhere that have a lot of pictures that show off the various colors for toys? Kinda like the size comparison thread I suppose.


This what you're looking for?

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=42919

Also, love the avatar by the way. ;)
Image

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
User avatar
tangrith
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:53 am
Gender: male

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby tangrith » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:36 pm

katze wrote:
tangrith wrote:Update - Lol nvm, it's one of the top threads in the general section....

Original post -
Hey guys, just doing a bit of picture browsing since I'm thinking of ordering a new toy. Does anyone know if there's a thread somewhere that have a lot of pictures that show off the various colors for toys? Kinda like the size comparison thread I suppose.


This what you're looking for?

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=42919

Also, love the avatar by the way. ;)


Yeah that's the thread I found as well :)

And thanks, this is the source - http://artgerm.deviantart.com/art/Ms-Pain-364851211 - Amazing artist
User avatar
Hoofs_N_Horns
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Sanctga wrote:I think they really should take a step back on the cinematic toy shots they use on the product pages as of late. The camera ankles might make it look fancy, but a plain view from all sides is way more informative. I wouldn't care if they put them alongside the direct perspective ones. But cinematic shots only really hinder my buying decision.


Agreed and incidentally I have requested internal profile shots of the last penetrables. Up until Sofia every penetrable had a sliced open side shot. That made the comparison in my signature possible.

Now they are this glossy 3D rendered perspective shot. I don't know if they are trying to protect their design from being copied or make it more difficult to compare them, or even if they think it looks fancier. The fact is it makes it harder for customers to shop. Hopefully they are willing to provide me with the images I requested.
Penetrables comparison: here
User avatar
GreenLeopard87
Posts: 2411
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:44 am

So I thought I got rid of a bunch of toys over the last year and really reduced my collection... Until I realized I have more, larger toys... And almost all of them are anal toys with the exception of the eggs and steel balls I like using for kegels. And Moko, Luka, and Xar are veginal toys. But everything else... :psyduck:

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests