/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Fae Fantase

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:28 pm

Syntyche wrote:I'm not interested in Rex personally, but the name change does bother me a little. Fantasy toy lovers shouldn't have to hide the inspirations of their toys to soothe offended people, whether they're vanilla or not. If you like silicone dog cocks (or horse cocks, or hyena clits, or... etc), you're not doing anything wrong. Even if you fantasize about the animal that inspired the toy, you're still not harming anyone or anything.

A lot of people enjoy fantasies that would be ethically or legally abhorrent to act out in real life (see also, the prevalence of rape fantasies in the general population). And yet, the vast, vast majority of us have no desire to bring actual harm to a real person or creature. That's the great thing about fantasies, though... They're not reality.

I personally feel that there's nothing wrong with fantasizing about whatever you want, as long as you're able to separate fantasy from reality and don't act on the fantasies that would be harmful to others. If other people can't make that distinction and get offended, they're the ones who need help / an intervention, not me. :P

That's true. You're right. It merely really sucks we lived in such a closed-minded world where we can't even enjoy hunks of silicone made by and for consenting adults. Without getting at best accused of illegal/immoral/etc activities. At worst doxxed by people who tell work places/friends/family we're into things we aren't actually into..over the shape of a rubber penis/vagina/anus. That people can see us as a whole different person because we like the feel of weird shaped silicone insertable/penetrable.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Sean

Postby Sean » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:56 pm

Name changing bothered me in the beginning but after awhile it grew on me, as it leaves a person to their own imagination.

EDIT: Wanted to add that I dislike the description changes though...If they really wanted to change them, they could at least added more about the toy itself instead of just "Add [name] to your collection today!"
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:28 am

They dropped "the German Shepherd" from Rex in August or September.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:25 am

Don't wanna make a thread for this, but does anyone know which model has the largest base and what the dimensions of its footprint are? I have a feeling it's XL pretzal but I wanna know the specifics. :mystery:
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:25 am

vixenvega wrote:They dropped "the German Shepherd" from Rex in August or September.

According to the Wayback Machine, they changed the name between May 11 and May 16, 2016. They also shortened the description and cut out the canine references.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
BadKender

Postby BadKender » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:59 am

Squirrelmunk wrote:
vixenvega wrote:They dropped "the German Shepherd" from Rex in August or September.

According to the Wayback Machine, they changed the name between May 11 and May 16, 2016. They also shortened the description and cut out the canine references.

I wonder why they would have done that with Rex, but not Razor or Cole? Their descriptions are still decidedly canine.
Current BD Collection
► Show Spoiler

Want List (I often have some disposable income so feel free to contact me, but I can be picky about colors. RR is awesome and I'm willing to pay for it though.)
► Show Spoiler
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:04 am

BadKender wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote:

I wonder why they would have done that with Rex, but not Razor or Cole? Their descriptions are still decidedly canine.

Because it was featured at that time along with fenrir Janine and chance as their most popular models. All of them at that time got the same treatment of name shortening and description removal. This isn't new. Anytime a toy gets spotlight they do that, they did it with nocturne and I think echo now. It's stupid, if you're gonna do it for one do it for all of them.
Zombiehorse287

Postby Zombiehorse287 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:14 am

They changed Rex's Good Boy color?? The light purple used be just on the knot with red above and below. Now it's just purple all the way up to the knot and red for the top.

Can they bullshit their colors any more? It's not an improvement. It's a change so they can be lazier :doh:
My babies:
► Show Spoiler

“Comparison is the thief of joy” – Theodore Roosevelt
hooooonk
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 am

Zombiehorse287 wrote:They changed Rex's Good Boy color?? The light purple used be just on the knot with red above and below. Now it's just purple all the way up to the knot and red for the top.

Can they bullshit their colors any more? It's not an improvement. It's a change so they can be lazier :doh:

They announced they were going to change it. I don't think it's a huge change to what it was. I don't think it's an improvement but it's not a downgrade either.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:28 am

Zombiehorse287 wrote:They changed Rex's Good Boy color?? The light purple used be just on the knot with red above and below. Now it's just purple all the way up to the knot and red for the top.

They included notification about this in their newsletter, and there was an image mentioning it on their homepage carousel. They gave some time to order the old one, which to me, seems nice.

Personally, I like the new one better. I thought the old version looked a little silly, but that's super subjective...
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:01 pm

blushingkitten wrote:

They included notification about this in their newsletter, and there was an image mentioning it on their homepage carousel. They gave some time to order the old one, which to me, seems nice.

Personally, I like the new one better. I thought the old version looked a little silly, but that's super subjective...

I'm the same, I think the new one looks much better. I'm not too into much into canine toys, so I wasn't sure what the change was when I saw it on he carousel. At first I thought the old color was the new color, and the new color was the old color. I was like "why would they just put the purple on just the knot, it'll look so much better if it went all the way down," and then I realized I had it backwards.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
katze

Postby katze » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:06 pm

I just got my large 5 echo and I think I may have made a mistake LMAO...

The marble turned out great though!

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:21 pm

katze wrote:I just got my large 5 echo and I think I may have made a mistake LMAO...

The marble turned out great though!

I really hope you can manage to use it, it's an amazing toy, I'm glad your marbling turned out how you want! Permafrost is really pretty.
katze

Postby katze » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:48 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:I really hope you can manage to use it, it's an amazing toy, I'm glad your marbling turned out how you want! Permafrost is really pretty.

I really hope I can too, Echo is my favorite model by far. My period just needs to hold off until I get back from work tonight so I can give him (and my small reptilian) a try.

Thank you, me too! I was really worried since I'm probably one of the pickiest people when it comes to marbles. And permafrost looks really great in person, I'm really happy! Now I just need to be able to use the damn thing. :laugh:

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Well I ended up with a Meng, because oops aura colours! It looked nicer than the Echo they had, and there was no Roland.
katze

Postby katze » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:56 pm

karla-chan wrote:Well I ended up with a Meng, because oops aura colours! It looked nicer than the Echo they had, and there was no Roland.

I got a Meng too! He will be for display purposes. Which one did you get? :smilenox:

^ↀᴥↀ^

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:59 pm

katze wrote:
karla-chan wrote:Well I ended up with a Meng, because oops aura colours! It looked nicer than the Echo they had, and there was no Roland.

I got a Meng too! He will be for display purposes. Which one did you get? :smilenox:

One that looked like a full rainbow! Congratulations on getting a Meng too!
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Omg they had an echo? What size? I've been wanting a cuter small Echo forever ;_;
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:08 pm

blushingkitten wrote:

Omg they had an echo? What size? I've been wanting a cuter small Echo forever ;_;

Small actually. But it only had some rainbow on it.
L_eather

Postby L_eather » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:12 pm

The Aurora colors are cool, but I'm more excited about the dessert color for February? :nomnom:

It looks so pretty. Definitely gonna get something in that + another something in cherry cordial.

Return to “General Discussion”