/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
FuzzysKnottygirl

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby FuzzysKnottygirl » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:36 pm

It could make a great conversation piece.
Toy's I Own

► Show Spoiler
Willow

Postby Willow » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:If BD made a smaller size(like 2.5"), I might get one. IDK what yellow or red signifies for hydrants, but purple is non-potable water. At least that's how it is in Florida. I don't recall ever seeing red or yellow ones.

Red is a very eye catching color... how many kids cereal boxes are red? So yeah, easier to see. As for yellow well, dogs pee on them all the time... just saves time and money repainting them (or just leaving them unsightly). I've never seen any other color for them.
Distinguishes hydrants by gallons per minute. Different colors have different gpm. At least from what I gleamed from skimming.
Although, orange is more easily visible color than red. :mystery:
Last edited by Willow on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:09 pm

WhiteWulfe wrote:April Fools toy is cute, but yeouch on the price tag.

Compared to BD's other toys, the hydrant is actually cheap.

Consider medium Tyson. It's 9.19" tall and has a 5.4" circumference. The hydrant, meanwhile, is 10" tall and has an 11" circumference. The hydrant has much more silicone than medium Tyson, yet both cost $100.

The hydrant is an even better deal when you consider its cumtube. That's typically an extra $20.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:04 pm

^ Still a bit expensive for most especially if you can't insert anything that size. For people overseas...not worth it. For me, it'd be something like 300 AUD after shipping and currency conversion. Too steep for a novelty item that would likely just sit in my closet and do a whole lot of nothing. XD
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:^ Still a bit expensive for most especially if you can't insert anything that size. For people overseas...not worth it. For me, it'd be something like 300 AUD after shipping and currency conversion. Too steep for a novelty item that would likely just sit in my closet and do a whole lot of nothing. XD

Pretty much the same for me minus the being overseas bit. The hydrant isn't even remotely close to a size I could think of taking. It's got a cumtube which I don't like (though I see the point of with it being a hydrant and all). The red and yellow options are both matte and I don't like matte colors unless it's plain white (white marbled with something metallic, preferably). For that price, or close to it, I could get a toy I actually want and would use and in the specs and color(s) I want, and probably throw in a keychain I want or a pack of teenies.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:41 am

Niah wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:^ Still a bit expensive for most especially if you can't insert anything that size. For people overseas...not worth it. For me, it'd be something like 300 AUD after shipping and currency conversion. Too steep for a novelty item that would likely just sit in my closet and do a whole lot of nothing. XD

Pretty much the same for me minus the being overseas bit. The hydrant isn't even remotely close to a size I could think of taking. It's got a cumtube which I don't like (though I see the point of with it being a hydrant and all). The red and yellow options are both matte and I don't like matte colors unless it's plain white (white marbled with something metallic, preferably). For that price, or close to it, I could get a toy I actually want and would use and in the specs and color(s) I want, and probably throw in a keychain I want or a pack of teenies.

I had actually originally misread the circumference too, and thought it was within my range... Nope! Even when I thought I was, I was unsure how the extra bumps would make it feel, and if they would make it that little bit too hard to take.

However yeah, I was in the same boat, I'd have to take in high shipping, then customs too! So it would end up too expensive for a novelty. It is a fun novelty and it really made me laugh. Just for that price, I would prefer to get a toy that I really want and would use a lot more.

I'm glad they did something really funny, and the video was funny. It is just not something that I would buy.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:52 pm

i got one of the purple ones ill tell ya guy how it is when it arrives
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Evalion
Australia Noop Booper

Postby Evalion » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:08 am

Willow wrote:What with the slight discoloration on the fire hydrant video. Upper left-hand corner when it's "tightening" the hydrant.
Forgive my OCD.

That's water hitting the lens, lol
Bad Dragon Art Director
Designer and Modeler of: Sugarstar, Twitch, Alice, Sophia, Lana, Mary, Bumblehooves, Roland, Echo, Pearce, Ika, Blaze, Firehydrant
katze

Postby katze » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Got my Chance today!
However, there is a rather large (for a speck, anyway) spot of golden silicone on one of his balls.
Debating if I should send in a ticket, as it wasn't marked as a flop.
I don't want to be like "LOOK AT THIS TINY SPEC GIBS ME MONEY" but toys get flopped for a LOT smaller specks, so idk :doh:

Opening a ticket couldn't hurt, only bad thing that could come out of it is you don't get store credit.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Hmm...I think I have another custom color idea for a toy: take the black from Unity Black and the Green from Unity Green and marble them (either regular marble or pride streak). Now to figure out what it would look good on. Apollo? Xar? Those are two toys I want to get customs of to add to the adopts I have. I need to think on it some more and I want to see what other dessert colors we'll get.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Thank you whoever let the Unity Black mini Roland free :misc2: :nerdy:! You the real MVP. The 20% off code covered most of the shipping for 1 toy. Was going to go with a custom toy too. Yet I realized it would be a min $100 cost after discount..shouldn't be spending that much on toys again without selling more :misc6:. And so I'll keep patiently waiting for a pretty small/soft 3 tubed Nova or small soft 3/med 5 tubed Spritz to show up in Adoptions in the future.

Niah wrote:Hmm...I think I have another custom color idea for a toy: take the black from Unity Black and the Green from Unity Green and marble them (either regular marble or pride streak). Now to figure out what it would look good on. Apollo? Xar? Those are two toys I want to get customs of to add to the adopts I have. I need to think on it some more and I want to see what other dessert colors we'll get.

Green and black/silver to me always look great together! Yet you might get told semi transparent colors can be difficult when combined in a marble/fade.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Syntyth

Postby Syntyth » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:08 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Thank you whoever let the Unity Black mini Roland free :misc2: :nerdy:! You the real MVP.

Hehe you're welcome! I was debating whether I wanted to try and snag it for myself, but I got busy cleaning the bathroom and it fell out of my cart. I'm so glad it went to a good home, though.

I'm almost certain it's the one from the promo pic, by the way. Please do post more pics when it arrives!
Toys I own are listed in my profile.

WTB (BD): specific models in Aurora ~ will pay well
WTB (non-BD): various squishies, lots of DA and FB

FOR SALE (BD): Lil' Vibe Sea Dragon and S/2 Ultimate Fantasy
FOR SALE (non-BD): DA Cucumber, DA Jackal, DA KrampusKitzler, FB Dromaeosaur, TnP mini Abyssal King, TnP mini Leviathan, and TnP mini Poseidon
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Syntyth wrote:Hehe you're welcome! I was debating whether I wanted to try and snag it for myself, but I got busy cleaning the bathroom and it fell out of my cart. I'm so glad it went to a good home, though.

I'm almost certain it's the one from the promo pic, by the way. Please do post more pics when it arrives!

Oh no! Apologies! That's not how I wanted to get it :doh:. I know the pain of losing pretty toys out of the card while having to deal with something before making a purchase. Lost a 3...mayhaps t'was 4 color Aurora-esque small Echo once that way. I figured someone decided they didn't want it that badly dumping it from their cart voluntarily over size. Can do! If it's not everything I've dreamed of :laugh: to me looks wise in person I can let you know if you want.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:47 am

lovelyscales wrote:Thank you whoever let the Unity Black mini Roland free :misc2: :nerdy:! You the real MVP. The 20% off code covered most of the shipping for 1 toy. Was going to go with a custom toy too. Yet I realized it would be a min $100 cost after discount..shouldn't be spending that much on toys again without selling more :misc6:. And so I'll keep patiently waiting for a pretty small/soft 3 tubed Nova or small soft 3/med 5 tubed Spritz to show up in Adoptions in the future.

Niah wrote:Hmm...I think I have another custom color idea for a toy: take the black from Unity Black and the Green from Unity Green and marble them (either regular marble or pride streak). Now to figure out what it would look good on. Apollo? Xar? Those are two toys I want to get customs of to add to the adopts I have. I need to think on it some more and I want to see what other dessert colors we'll get.

Green and black/silver to me always look great together! Yet you might get told semi transparent colors can be difficult when combined in a marble/fade.

I don't believe the green and black of the Unity colors are transparent; the sparky purple is though. I'm still thinking on it and I'm not quite ready to place another custom so soon after the last one, and I want to see what other dessert colors we get this year.

Willow

Postby Willow » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Sounds like Slytherin house colors to me. Not saying that's a bad thing... according to Pottermore, the Sorting Hat assigned me in that house.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Willow wrote:

Sounds like Slytherin house colors to me. Not saying that's a bad thing... according to Pottermore, the Sorting Hat assigned me in that house.

I'm a Slytherin as well. The trouble I have with the Fantastic Beast colors they did and other similarly Slytherin-like colors is that I'm picky about the green. Most of the time the green is way too bright for my tastes.

Willow

Postby Willow » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Niah wrote:I'm a Slytherin as well. The trouble I have with the Fantastic Beast colors they did and other similarly Slytherin-like colors is that I'm picky about the green. Most of the time the green is way too bright for my tastes.

Well, I didn't see that movie, just the main franchise.
I have a Slytherin corset-style top (without the tie):

... but it's too small for me... I also wanted some bed covers:

But my cat would probably try to destroy it. Mumble, mumble, Gryffindor-supporter.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:08 pm

^ You can get the quilt set from ThinkGeek but to be honest, the quality is horrible. I would save your money.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Willow wrote:
Niah wrote:I'm a Slytherin as well. The trouble I have with the Fantastic Beast colors they did and other similarly Slytherin-like colors is that I'm picky about the green. Most of the time the green is way too bright for my tastes.

Well, I didn't see that movie, just the main franchise.
I have a Slytherin corset-style top (without the tie):

... but it's too small for me... I also wanted some bed covers:

But my cat would probably try to destroy it. Mumble, mumble, Gryffindor-supporter.

I'm talking about the colors BD put out when that movie was released. I haven't seen the movie either. I honestly really don't care for the HP movies; the books are so much better (I love Rickman's Snape, but Gambon's Dumbledore is pretty bad compared to Richard Harris' from the first two movies).

HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I know this has been asked a million times, but does anyone know of a place to get decent but cheap drawstring bags for toys from size small to large chance :laugh: ?

I'm tired of fumbling around with noisy plastic baggies and want to get something quick and cheap before I make my own.

Wonkybags! You might have to wait for customs though. There might be other Etsy shops that sell them too. I'll have a look in a bit and see if I can't find anything.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.

Return to “General Discussion”