/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Amaranthe

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Niah wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
Niah wrote:I'm wondering how the base from Permafrost would look like marbled with the purplish color of the Natural color option for the egg plug.The dark and light contrast appeals to me a lot. Not sure if it'd look better on Apollo or Xar though.

That sounds really beautiful! I'd probably go for Apollo personally, but I really like marbles on Apollo. :smilenox:

I really like the marbles I've seen on Apollo. My small/5 is that bright matte white with a greenish-gold metallic highlight. It's absolutely gorgeous and I love him in use, but I want to try him in 3 as well; I've been liking 3 for knotted toys lately for some reason. I'm tempted to have them do it as a pride streak, but I also just want to see how it is as a regular marble (my diamond and giger black pride streak Fenrir is lovely though).

Highlights on Apollo always look so stunning! I bet a pride streak would suit the contrast of the white and purplish really well. Are there any examples on the forums of a pride streak Apollo? I don't remember seeing one before. Imagining it though, I think it would turn out nicely!
Niah

Postby Niah » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Niah wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:That sounds really beautiful! I'd probably go for Apollo personally, but I really like marbles on Apollo. :smilenox:

I really like the marbles I've seen on Apollo. My small/5 is that bright matte white with a greenish-gold metallic highlight. It's absolutely gorgeous and I love him in use, but I want to try him in 3 as well; I've been liking 3 for knotted toys lately for some reason. I'm tempted to have them do it as a pride streak, but I also just want to see how it is as a regular marble (my diamond and giger black pride streak Fenrir is lovely though).

Highlights on Apollo always look so stunning! I bet a pride streak would suit the contrast of the white and purplish really well. Are there any examples on the forums of a pride streak Apollo? I don't remember seeing one before. Imagining it though, I think it would turn out nicely!

I don't know think I've seen a pride streak Apollo, but there are plenty of marbles. I'm glad I've got time to think about what I want to do for him. I keep waiting on each dessert color to see if there's one I really want on him or Xar.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Anyone know when the next zodiac color is coming out? Mercury I think? The bright yellow?

Mercury Emerging was in the most recent newsletter and says it's only available for a week, so I expect it'll be plain Mercury next Friday!
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:52 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Anyone know when the next zodiac color is coming out? Mercury I think? The bright yellow?

Mercury Emerging was in the most recent newsletter and says it's only available for a week, so I expect it'll be plain Mercury next Friday!

Awesome, thanks!
Hmm.
Mercury would be the perfect color for the toy I wanna get, but not sure I'll be ready to order it that soon (depending on how long it lasts. I never pay attention to the zodiac stuff)
Ah well, if not, $5 for a single custom ain't worth the hassle of worrying over it :stick:
Big Yellow D, you will be mine

Any certain inspiration, or just wanting a bright yellow toy? :widesmile:
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:edit edit
Can someone with a medium sleipnir measure the ridge around the head to see if the measurements are correct on the website?

Seems so, check out this user measurements list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Penetrables comparison: here
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:50 am

One of the toys that I received yesterday (ready made, not a flop) has a small pin prick looking mark on it... As well as extra bits of silicone on it. Opened a ticket with pics and was told that it's normal and part of the manufacturing process... How?

I can accept the extra bits of silicone, but the pin prick? It's like a very teeny hole. I have purchased a flop in the past with a very similar mark. Why was it considered a flop one time but not another?

So frustrating. It's annoying to feel like I have to press them on it.

Edit: Pointless. Escalated the ticket and Elise replied and said that it's a quirk and sometimes happens, but not a defect... Because they're hand made, they can sometimes contain these unusual markings. A side effect of manufacturing.

They offered a very small amount of credit. Part of me didn't want to accept it because I don't accept their answer but anything is better than nothing... I just can't wait to feel satisfied with all the BD models I have and I can move onto companies with better customer service (TTC, Etsy sellers, etc).
Last edited by blushingkitten on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:00 am

blushingkitten wrote:One of the toys that I received yesterday (ready made, not a flop) has a small pin prick looking mark on it... As well as extra bits of silicone on it. Opened a ticket with pics and was told that it's normal and part of the manufacturing process... How?

I can accept the extra bits of silicone, but the pin prick? It's like a very teeny hole. I have purchased a flop in the past with a very similar mark. Why was it considered a flop one time but not another?

Hey if it makes you feel any better the same thing happened to me yesterday. I got a custom and it had scratches and dents in it, told me the scratches were manufacturing process and the dents were from shipping, my FLOP of the same model looked less damaged. I had to press them before they gave me store credit, but I'm pretty done with BD right now, I'll use it for lube I guess. The toy meant a lot to me and arrived real messed up, I paid like 210 for it too I don't get it :/

EDIT: Here are pics of how mine arrived https://imgur.com/a/gHMNo
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:06 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:One of the toys that I received yesterday (ready made, not a flop) has a small pin prick looking mark on it... As well as extra bits of silicone on it. Opened a ticket with pics and was told that it's normal and part of the manufacturing process... How?

Hey if it makes you feel any better the same thing happened to me yesterday. I got a custom and it had scratches and dents in it, told me the scratches were manufacturing process and the dents were from shipping, my FLOP of the same model looked less damaged. I had to press them before they gave me store credit, but I'm pretty done with BD right now, I'll use it for lube I guess. The toy meant a lot to me and arrived real messed up, I paid like 210 for it too I don't get it :/

I added an edit about the resolution, but I'm still not happy. Some things I can accept as undesirable, random manufacturing issues but some things just don't make sense.

Like, as a custom, I'd expect it to be perfect. Color variances I accept, but scratches and dents are really inappropriate... My experience, I think credit is acceptable, but a custom is a whole different level.

It's so frustrating. Especially after working with companies like TTC, who are sooooo great and sooo customer friendly... And they're so much smaller. If they can do it, you'd think BD could.

Really happy that TTC is expanding their lineup because they're my favorite. So awesome. And I'm almost at the point of being happy with the bd models I have, so maybe I'll be able to stop purchasing from them as often.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 am

Yeah I know that feeling. Even if I didn't mend my flopped stan they wouldn't have done any more than given me $40 dollars credit after making a huge stink about it being severely flopped on several accounts. They outright denied my claims about black silicone partial inclusions. I'm sorry BD but the black parts of the bag did not rub into the cure of the base of my toy, nor did they morph into silicone upon contact. Plastics don't work like that. One chunk is literally half embedded and I feel like bacteria will build since it's a weird tight hole in the toy, but idunno.
In the end it's just going to make me uneasy forever until I replace it on my own money once I'm done with the rest of my collection. At least they apologized for the "trouble" after a lot of back and forth, but they never admitted that I was right about it being black silicone inclusions rather than "bag rubbings". They told me that these impressions cured into the base would simply rub off. Sorry BD, but nope. When your pourers don't clean the suction cup tools because they didn't properly prepare their workspace before beginning work, this is what happens. They just left my ticket alone and didn't respond to the last email I sent them. No resolution, no closed ticket, no ability to review customer service. I was polite and understanding the entire time despite not accepting their CS. Every customer has a right to seek what they feel is fair customer service. It would have been nice if they kindly said "no, we are not willing to meet your needs" but instead I get silence.
At the end of the day it's not a huge deal because the toy is fully functional, but I paid full price for a custom flop and it really makes me feel like BD is greedy. Nobody will read/hear me defending BD ever again. Learn to consistently flop your toys. If I own flops that are less flopped than what is being claimed as a toy that wouldn't have been a flop, it leaves a bad taste.

When a business has a monopoly over their product(BD molds), they have a lot of power. That's all I got to say though.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:11 am

Yeah I wanted a PayPal refund since I have no interest in purchasing anymore but they told me no since what happened "isn't a defect". I saw your edit and resolution and it's a mirror of how I felt last night. It blows because no other company makes toys in the large size range that I want, EE has some and my purchasss from them have been a slam dunk, I'm really hoping TTC makes more (I've talked to them directly and they said they will!) I love their work, and PH is nice as hell, lone wolf seriously kicks ass he worked so hard to get my growler perfect and when I asked about a color he showed me it raw and unpoured to get a good idea of it. It's just a shame really, I've always tried to give BD the benefit of the doubt. There isn't anything I want from them especially not anymore. BDs CS has constantly been rude and dismissive of me every time I ask, which is hardly at all.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:18 am

Arumaeruma wrote:Yeah I wanted a PayPal refund since I have no interest in purchasing anymore but they told me no since what happened "isn't a defect". I saw your edit and resolution and it's a mirror of how I felt last night. It blows because no other company makes toys in the large size range that I want, EE has some and my purchasss from them have been a slam dunk, I'm really hoping TTC makes more (I've talked to them directly and they said they will!) I love their work, and PH is nice as hell, lone wolf seriously kicks ass he worked so hard to get my growler perfect and when I asked about a color he showed me it raw and unpoured to get a good idea of it. It's just a shame really, I've always tried to give BD the benefit of the doubt. There isn't anything I want from them especially not anymore.

Yeah, I understand, it is extremely frustrating. I don't hold as much disdain for BD as I have seen from other people on Tumblr and other places, but just from this one experience, I can understand how someone could reach that level much better now than I could before.

I think it just speaks to BD's priorities. In a small situation like mine, I would have been happy with $20 credit or whatever the difference would have been for a flop. That amount of money seems like nothing in the grand scheme of things. But they'd rather save that extra $10 instead of increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Maybe they figure they're too big to care? Or, maybe they worry about a slippery slope situation... Some people, I have seen, do want an unrealistic resolution so I imagine it's difficult but... I dunno. I wish they would have asked me "we're willing to offer this as a resolution, are you happy with that?" I would have said no, I was expecting xyz, and perhaps we could have reached a compromise where we both are happy... But maybe that's too much work and would take too much time.

Bleh. I dunno. It's frustrating. I just hope there continues to be other options so we can all find the companies that make us happy and the types of toys we enjoy.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:46 pm

So sad to hear CS going downhill again :C

I'm also sad that they've let their quality slip so much. They used to be so proud and stingey with what was accepted to go out...understandably, this is WHY they cut out so many color options, and pushed adoptions so much more then customs but....I mean, you'd think that would make it /easier/ to get it right.

They cut options, but their quality is still unreliable/bad in an increasing number of cases, so that tells me that it really has little to do with color/pour options, and more to do with just basic training of newer employees/quality control.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:31 pm

I've only had good experiences with customer service.

I double checked the heap of toys I got on this sale
With the exception of a popped air bubble on the base of an already flopped toy there are no problems.

*shrug*

edited to add
the fold on Raven's nox really bugs me :unamused:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:35 pm

lizardbreath wrote:I've only had good experiences with customer service.

The same. My Bruce came with a tiny little nick or two around the fins but it wasn't enough to make me want to send a ticket. Not knocking anyone who's upset mind you, I think it's just down to what the customer deems acceptable flaws.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:59 pm

It only takes one horrible CS experience to change your tune. So good luck, hope you knock on wood. I'm knocking on wood for you two.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:01 pm

HungryStray wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:I've only had good experiences with customer service.

The same. My Bruce came with a tiny little nick or two around the fins but it wasn't enough to make me want to send a ticket. Not knocking anyone who's upset mind you, I think it's just down to what the customer deems acceptable flaws.

I've previously had great experiences with Cs. This is the first time I've disagreed with them. And it's not like I open tickets all the time, or try to get something for nothing, but if something is presented as 'this has no flops', then come to find out 'Oh it actually does but we didn't count that one as a flop'... That's really lame. :(

Maybe I have high standards or low tolerance for mistakes, I dunno. But if something isn't perfect, give me that information and as a consumer, I will decide if I'm willing to pay the marked price for it. Maybe it's my own fault for expecting better quality for a ready made, but I am not willing to accept any surprise flaws.

Then again, I frequently inspect every purchase I make, so maybe it's just a me thing.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:10 pm

lizardbreath wrote:the fold on Raven's nox really bugs me :unamused:

Same. I have a line on my large Elden, which came in a box that was way too small but I didn't bother ticketing.

Awesome to hear that CS and stuff are going downhill - again. :eyeroll:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:59 pm

I just took a close look at the toys I just got. Fortunately they don't have any issues. My small Trent was flopped for airbubbles on the bottom of the base. I can only find two and they're so small I wouldn't notice them had I not known to look for them. Basically, they'll flop a toy for something like that, but then not flop for far more noticeable flaws with toys, especially for customs. Utterly bizarre. Oh another weird thing, my small Tucker is meant to be in soft/3 firmness. The bag has 3 on it and so does his listing on my order page, but he feels exactly like a 5. I have two toys in 3, small Sleipnir and small Flint, and they are actually very soft and squishy and feel like they should. I have a small Crackers that's also a 3, but feels like a 5, just as this Tucker. I don't know that I'll ticket about it since I wasn't sure about the 3 firmness anyway, but I'm a bit puzzled about it all the same. He has no flaws or other issues and he's really, really pretty, so I don't want a replacement or anything, he just does not feel at all like a 3.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:01 pm

^ My custom Kelvin was like that: I ordered him in a 3 and even the bag it came in confirmed the firmness, but he feels like a medium firmness all the way.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:^ My custom Kelvin was like that: I ordered him in a 3 and even the bag it came in confirmed the firmness, but he feels like a medium firmness all the way.

It's so weird. Makes me glad I don't have any toys in 8. I know my body would not at all like that (well, maybe a small or medium Tyson, but that's it). I'm not fussed about it enough to ticket them, but you'd think they'd closely check the firmness first. I have 5s that feel softer than him, actually. I can't wait to take pics of them both; can't do it now since the parents are home and all. Small Trent is going to be great for days when I want something smaller, and he's so glittery.

Return to “General Discussion”