/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
KnotyDes

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby KnotyDes » Sat May 13, 2017 8:04 pm

vixenvega wrote:Yep! My Axel feels like my Xar and old Nox. Smooth, but not slick and glassy.
It's probably a mold thing. My toys are large and I assume your Axel is an XL, Knoty?

And yeah, Blaze is super glossy smooth like Pearce. I'm really glad my Axel isn't since I actually find that finish really irritating to my skin.

yes it is an Xl.

my xar is smooth but not glassy.
as i said in use its fine. it just feels and look cheep
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Juneaux

Postby Juneaux » Sat May 13, 2017 9:10 pm

I'm guessing BD is trying to get rid of that 'printer texture' that a lot of people complained about? My bumble hooves that I just got is super silky smooth. Wish he had a bit more texture, but it makes him a great riding/thrusting toy.
F/In a Relationship. Platonic conversation welcome.
On the Way; Med 5 Echo - Opal
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Sat May 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Can anyone comment on the texture of ika? I think it's a good thing to diversify the offerings because what doesn't work for you is gravy for someone else in this industry. It's also good to share your experience though so don't feel like I'm trying to censor any opinions/preferences.
Even if it looks cheap to your tastes/standards it is all medical grade platinum silicone, and since it works better in use for some it was worth the releases. I personally really enjoy exceptionally smooth sculpts like pearce, but I also love rough toys like desi and textured/smooth toys like flint and pretty much everything in between as long as it is the right girth/shape/firmness for the texture. Certain combinations don't work at all, but if I change the firmness/size then it becomes a good experience for me personally. Some toys will always be meh but that's the way it goes.

I hope that we see more offerings that suit people who prefer a less glossy texture next though because there have been many exceptionally smooth releases in a row. Fair is fair. BD had a ton of interestingly textured toys, now they've got a good handful of recent additions that are very smooth. So it's due time for a new release that will please those who have felt neglected.

But now that I really think about it, something BD could do is create multiple molds with different textures, so you could get smooth, medium, and rough. Smooth being glossy, medium being normal "interesting" texture, rough being printer texture. That would bring BD and the fantasy industry to the next level I feel.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Sun May 14, 2017 12:14 am

hey look! BD can now do some of the things they used to do! cool.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sun May 14, 2017 8:47 am

KnotyDes wrote:
vixenvega wrote:Yep! My Axel feels like my Xar and old Nox. Smooth, but not slick and glassy.
It's probably a mold thing. My toys are large and I assume your Axel is an XL, Knoty?

And yeah, Blaze is super glossy smooth like Pearce. I'm really glad my Axel isn't since I actually find that finish really irritating to my skin.

yes it is an Xl.

my xar is smooth but not glassy.
as i said in use its fine. it just feels and look cheep

Knoty, would you be willing to post see pics of Axel and some of your other toys over in the comparison thread? Ideally with Apollo and/or Flint. I'd love you forever!
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun May 14, 2017 11:25 am

kingsley wrote:hey look! BD can now do some of the things they used to do! cool.

What's that? :psyduck:
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sun May 14, 2017 3:31 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
kingsley wrote:hey look! BD can now do some of the things they used to do! cool.

Assuming they are referring to the silver and gold dazzle, which were already things you used to be able to order, but then were limited to only certain signature colors, like Winston's, which is yellow and purple with gold glitter throughout.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun May 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Vitani wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:

Assuming they are referring to the silver and gold dazzle, which were already things you used to be able to order, but then were limited to only certain signature colors, like Winston's, which is yellow and purple with gold glitter throughout.

When did they stop allowing gold dazzle? I never heard of them saying no to adding gold glitter throughout a toy. Maybe saying no to adding the gold dazzle to only one color in a marble, but not overall. Also I never heard of being able to order silver dazzle, unless that was years ago.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Vitani wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:What's that? :psyduck:

When did they stop allowing gold dazzle? I never heard of them saying no to adding gold glitter throughout a toy. Maybe saying no to adding the gold dazzle to only one color in a marble, but not overall. Also I never heard of being able to order silver dazzle, unless that was years ago.

I could be wrong, or it could have been a CS inconsistency. My bad. :nomnom:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sun May 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Vitani wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
Vitani wrote:

Oh yeah, you've been able to add gold dazzle to just about anything for quite awhile now. The silver is now available in the same fashion. You can even get them together if you want, but the result ends up a little bit muddy.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun May 14, 2017 5:16 pm

HungryStray wrote:
Vitani wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:When did they stop allowing gold dazzle? I never heard of them saying no to adding gold glitter throughout a toy. Maybe saying no to adding the gold dazzle to only one color in a marble, but not overall. Also I never heard of being able to order silver dazzle, unless that was years ago.

Oh yeah, you've been able to add gold dazzle to just about anything for quite awhile now. The silver is now available in the same fashion. You can even get them together if you want, but the result ends up a little bit muddy.

Nah, I totally thought I missed something. I was over here getting excited for silver and then I got worried about the gold! Is there a picture of a toy with both silver and gold floating around?
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun May 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Vitani wrote:

Nah, I totally thought I missed something. I was over here getting excited for silver and then I got worried about the gold! Is there a picture of a toy with both silver and gold floating around?

It'd be neat to see a toy with both dazzles. Not sure if it might be a bit overwhelming though, lol. I'm not sure if it's a standard warning or what, but when I ordered my Apollo I was warned there might be some blurring with the two colors. I'm using the purple from Teamwork, which is metallic with gold glitter, and the silver from Cunning, which is also metallic. It doesn't have glitter, but I was warned that because it's metallics and glitter, that there could be some blurring or muddying of the colors where they meet. I wonder if we'd get that same effect using both the silver and gold glitter options.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sun May 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Vitani wrote:

Actually yes! I'm not sure if it's a rogue Infinity Star or the usual one, in any case, it looks like this.

Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun May 14, 2017 8:48 pm

I kind of agree about Axel and all of BD's newer releases. Pearce, Blaze, Axel... they all feel like they've been drawn on super broad, cartoon-ish lines, and the smoothness of them is offputting to me. I'm still testing Axel because even in use it's done nothing special for me and I'm overall just pretty disappointed. Toys like Xar and Crackers are what I fell in love with, not this. :/
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sun May 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Idra wrote:IToys like Xar and Crackers are what I fell in love with, not this. :/

Those models are still available... but I have a feeling they will release a more "out there" design of insertable before long. The reason I say that is they did the same thing with penetrables. Sofia, Lana, and Alice were considered by many to be plain or boring outside (though I have to say in use, Sofia is pretty good!) but then they released the new Mary and the werewolf muzzle redesign which caught everyone off guard. I think they are just catering to different crowds - I mean for everyone who complains about Axel or Blaze there is someone else who loves them.
Penetrables comparison: here
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sun May 14, 2017 10:53 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Idra wrote:IToys like Xar and Crackers are what I fell in love with, not this. :/

Those models are still available... but I have a feeling they will release a more "out there" design of insertable before long. The reason I say that is they did the same thing with penetrables. Sofia, Lana, and Alice were considered by many to be plain or boring outside (though I have to say in use, Sofia is pretty good!) but then they released the new Mary and the werewolf muzzle redesign which caught everyone off guard. I think they are just catering to different crowds - I mean for everyone who complains about Axel or Blaze there is someone else who loves them.

Yeah, I personally think it's awesome that variety BD has! It's fantastic that there's so many choices, and a lot of different options for all sorts of different likes.

As an example, my boyfriend loves the simplify of Lana, Alice, and Sofia. I typically live texture, but I love Pearce and I love how Axel looks! Waiting for a cute one to try...

So, basically, I say the more variety the better xD
Last edited by blushingkitten on Mon May 15, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun May 14, 2017 11:20 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:

So, basically, I say the more variety the better, basically xD

I'm cool with BD catering to different types and I know plenty of people who love the newer models, and I'm not trying to take anything away from that. That said, I actually don't see them being that innovative or releasing new "out there" designs at all. The two you mention, Mary and the werewolf, are redesigns of older designs, and to me that's not a "new" thing.

I also see this same type of glossy smooth finish on almost everything they've been putting out recently, which is disappointing to me and others. I am a person that loves printer texture because the glossiness is hard for my body to feel. Sometimes it can work to a toy's advantage -- the glossiness of Ika concentrating the actual "feeling" of the toy in the suckers -- but mostly for me it's a problem. And that is something I don't see changing anytime soon; it's a new molding method and they seem pretty committed to it.

I also don't feel like catching people off guard with redesigns is particularly good business practice, but hey.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Hey so... I got my order today, which contained a Hazel among other things.

I'm not sure if this is within normal manufacturing tolerances or not, but on all the customer photos I've seen of her so far this doesn't show this extremely.

The seam where the entrance and the sleeve are fused together seems to be very sloppily made. The cut is not clean at all and there is a thin layer of silicone protruding. I hope the photos show if halfway well.

► Show Spoiler

Apart from this, the sleeve seems to be slightly skewed as well, plus the opening at the end is not centered.

So my questions are...
1) is this normal or not, and
2) if it is not normal, what can I do about it?

Wanted to ask you guys first before I bug customer support.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon May 15, 2017 3:45 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:Hey so... I got my order today, which contained a Hazel among other things.

I'm not sure if this is within normal manufacturing tolerances or not, but on all the customer photos I've seen of her so far this doesn't show this extremely.

The seam where the entrance and the sleeve are fused together seems to be very sloppily made. The cut is not clean at all and there is a thin layer of silicone protruding. I hope the photos show if halfway well.

► Show Spoiler

Apart from this, the sleeve seems to be slightly skewed as well, plus the opening at the end is not centered.

So my questions are...
1) is this normal or not, and
2) if it is not normal, what can I do about it?

Wanted to ask you guys first before I bug customer support.

I think the seam is normal. Most of the penetrables I've seen as of late have it.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon May 15, 2017 4:21 pm

My question was more aiming at how the seam looks like. I know there's seams on all the penetrables, but they look much "better" on the photos, as in smoothness.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”