/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Niah

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Niah » Wed May 24, 2017 10:18 am

Chatting with CS to see if Terra can support Feathered Serpent as it is or if it has to be modified to a split fade as they had to do on lizardbreath's Hanns. If they have to modify it to a split fade, then I'll probably go with something else, but if they can do it as is without having to modify it, then I'll go for it. Providing they don't change their stance between today and when I actually order it. Kitty is checking with the production team to see what they say about it. I really hope they can do Feathered Serpent as it is originally without having to modify it. I also let her know I'm willing to accept it as is even if it doesn't look quite right. Maybe that will sweeten the deal and they won't mind attempting it for me.

Sadly, they'll attempt the modified split fade version, but not the original full fade version. In that light, I'll be thinking of a different custom idea for my medium/3 Terra. Oh well. I did kind of expect that when I asked. Feathered Serpent is a really difficult fade for them to do and have it turn out as expected.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 am

"im" likely stands for "inventory management", and as was already said they seem to have a coded system set up where they have huge racks full of small compartments for one toy each, and every compartment has its own ID. I think you can get a short glimpse of it in the Mannequin Challenge video they once uploaded to Youtube.

The im_location gets multiple different values throughout the manufacturing process. I admit I've been spending a lot of time idiotically watching the order status page for hours straight, using a tab auto reload addon for my browser :P

Personal experiences:

Directly after manufacturing, the im_location went from blank to K004. That seems to equate "still on the artisan's desk, ready for pickup to stash away in the warehouse".

Just a short time later they then apparently got their real warehouse location which stayed unchanged until all toys in my order were completed. Those were NCID1, NCHC2, NCDE2 (insertables) and NECA1 (penetrable) for my order.

I can only guess but think they have separate areas for storing insertables and penetrables, with insertables getting the prefix NC and penetrables the prefix NE, or maybe differentiated by toy dimensions instead (e.g. XL insertables also ending up in NE?). The next 2 letters then seem to identify the horizontal location along the huge wall racks (you can see 2-letter labels on the walls above the racks in the video) and the number at the end probably identifies the compartment within aforementioned sector, i.e. vertical location.

When they are about to pack your package, the toys are moved from the warehouse to a package packer's desk which has its own im_location code yet again apparently. This is also the code you will later find on your printed invoice. For me, this ended up being A0024.

When the package has been fully packed and sent out, the im_location of all toys changed to ZSHIPPED.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Yak

Postby Yak » Wed May 24, 2017 11:48 am

smoothness question
only so much can be gleaned by the pics, so feedback from experience needed-

Xar, Spritz, Nox-

Are these considered smooth or textured? I can see that spritz, nox have light texture, also for those who like xar and like texture- is the texture on his base enough to make up for (apparent) lack of on his shaft?

Would like some thoughts on how they are felt/perceived in use. thx!
*esp in firmest option)
Last edited by Yak on Wed May 24, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toys for sale in my profile.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed May 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Well how it feels in use I think varies wildly by both in what hole you use it and which and how much lube you use :smile:

I have a S Nox. Given my sex there's really only one way to use insertables for me, and since I've laid hands on BD's cum lube I am not using anything else. The other water based lube I had before was simply massively inferior in terms of longevity during use, even though the cum lube's stringiness can awkwardly complicate things at times.

The Nox does indeed have a light texture but really when toying it feels super smooth. After all, nearly all the ridges on the toy are drawn the same direction as the insertion direction so they don't generate much friction. The tiny lined-up knobs on the shaft are so squishy that they don't provide any substantial added friction either (at least at medium firmness).

Compared to my M Gryphon which really has no real texture on the lower shaft whatsoever, I don't feel much difference regarding the actual texture during use (obviously it still feels very different due to the shape and girth progression). But then again, I'm just a man and have no choice. Vaginas might be more sensitive and feel an actual difference in texture, but I don't know :P

► Show Spoiler
Yak

Postby Yak » Wed May 24, 2017 12:25 pm

you mention a good point that I should have included- between us we use several lubes, many oil based- and these toys would *primarily* be for vag play, though I may try them as well (anally). our desired firmness is firmest.
your gryphon- I perceived gryphon to be completely smooth in texture from the pic- you indicate there is *some* (albeit limited?) we are interested in knotted toys as well, so curious?
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed May 24, 2017 12:40 pm

Yak wrote:you mention a good point that I should have included- between us we use several lubes, many oil based- and these toys would *primarily* be for vag play, though I may try them as well. our desired firmness is med.
your gryphon- I perceived gryphon to be completely smooth in texture from the pic- you indicate there is *some* (albeit limited?) we are interested in knotted toys as well, so curious?

I have a small/5 Xar and I consider him to be a smooth toy with the exception of his heavily textured base. You have the little ridge at the base of his head, but I don't really consider that to be a texture. I personally don't feel those plates above his base while in use, so for me I consider him to be a smooth or mostly smooth toy; he also does not have any of that printer texture.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed May 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Yak wrote:you mention a good point that I should have included- between us we use several lubes, many oil based- and these toys would *primarily* be for vag play, though I may try them as well (anally). our desired firmness is firmest.

I have no firm firmness toys yet, just a sample disc, so take this with a grain of salt. Purely judging by how the firm sample disc feels compared to the medium one, and given you'd mainly use it vaginally and assuming my guess about sensitivity differences is right, then I think you might well feel Nox' texture.

The Gryphon's texture, I was merely referring to the tiny head that has these little knobs all over (which I don't feel at all when inserting 'cause the head is so thin anyway), the ring ridge that separates the head from the shaft, and the ring ridges around the bottom below the knot. The latter even I can feel very well, they are really defined, even though they are hard to reach for me because they are so close to the base. (I shall mention my Gryphon also is in medium firmness)

► Show Spoiler
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed May 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Niah wrote:Chatting with CS to see if Terra can support Feathered Serpent as it is or if it has to be modified to a split fade as they had to do on lizardbreath's Hanns. If they have to modify it to a split fade, then I'll probably go with something else, but if they can do it as is without having to modify it, then I'll go for it. Providing they don't change their stance between today and when I actually order it. Kitty is checking with the production team to see what they say about it. I really hope they can do Feathered Serpent as it is originally without having to modify it. I also let her know I'm willing to accept it as is even if it doesn't look quite right. Maybe that will sweeten the deal and they won't mind attempting it for me.

Sadly, they'll attempt the modified split fade version, but not the original full fade version. In that light, I'll be thinking of a different custom idea for my medium/3 Terra. Oh well. I did kind of expect that when I asked. Feathered Serpent is a really difficult fade for them to do and have it turn out as expected.

:crying: :crying:
bummer
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed May 24, 2017 1:32 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Niah wrote:Chatting with CS to see if Terra can support Feathered Serpent as it is or if it has to be modified to a split fade as they had to do on lizardbreath's Hanns. If they have to modify it to a split fade, then I'll probably go with something else, but if they can do it as is without having to modify it, then I'll go for it. Providing they don't change their stance between today and when I actually order it. Kitty is checking with the production team to see what they say about it. I really hope they can do Feathered Serpent as it is originally without having to modify it. I also let her know I'm willing to accept it as is even if it doesn't look quite right. Maybe that will sweeten the deal and they won't mind attempting it for me.

:crying: :crying:
bummer

Yeah, so I'm trying to decide what I'd like for my Terra and for my Xar. I want to do a marble of some sort for the Xar, and a fade of some sort for the Terra. Kelvin's Absolute Zero is nice and I like Meng's Firecracker as well; I haven't had any ideas about a custom fade. I don't know about the Xar; I'm kind of waiting on some more of the dessert colors, but as I haven't really liked the ones we've had so far, I'm not holding my breath for something I like.

Yak

Postby Yak » Wed May 24, 2017 1:48 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
Yak wrote:you mention a good point that I should have included- between us we use several lubes, many oil based- and these toys would *primarily* be for vag play, though I may try them as well (anally). our desired firmness is firmest.

I have no firm firmness toys yet, just a sample disc, so take this with a grain of salt. Purely judging by how the firm sample disc feels compared to the medium one, and given you'd mainly use it vaginally and assuming my guess about sensitivity differences is right, then I think you might well feel Nox' texture.

The Gryphon's texture, I was merely referring to the tiny head that has these little knobs all over (which I don't feel at all when inserting 'cause the head is so thin anyway), the ring ridge that separates the head from the shaft, and the ring ridges around the bottom below the knot. The latter even I can feel very well, they are really defined, even though they are hard to reach for me because they are so close to the base. (I shall mention my Gryphon also is in medium firmness)

hmmm. noted. sensitivity can be individual no matter what orifices we have in common also. right now the only BD toys we have are a pentratable and a lil squirt, our insertables so far being from other companies. we also have the sample discs
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed May 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Yak wrote: Xar, Spritz, Nox-

Are these considered smooth or textured?
*esp in firmest option)

Xar's very smooth sans the base. Spritz has surprisingly good texture. I adore texture plus tend to greatly dislike toys with no non-printer texture. Never tried Nox yet I tried small Nocturne that has small bumps for texture. Nox's look even more downplayed I've passed up some real pretty Noxes over not enjoying non textured toys. If you've tried Echo it appears Nox's shaft bulges suddenly.
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Sun May 28, 2017 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed May 24, 2017 2:38 pm

lovelyscales wrote:If you've tried Echo it appears Nox's shaft bulges suddenly in a similair way. Except bigger.

Yes, I can confirm it definitely does noticeably bulge. It's a nice smooth wave, the head thin, then getting thicker, then thinner again, and towards the base thicker again (which is great for stretching if you get it all the way in and sit down on it).

I don't consider that as "texture" though but rather as "shape".
Last edited by TheOtherDude on Wed May 24, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed May 24, 2017 2:39 pm

lovelyscales wrote:

*esp in firmest option)

Xar's very smooth sans the base. Spritz has surprisingly good texture. I adore texture plus tend to greatly dislike toys with no non-printer texture. Never tried Nox yet I tried small Nocturne that has small bumps for texture. Nox's look even more downplayed I've passed up some real pretty Noxes over not enjoying non textured toys. If you've tried Echo it appears Nox's shaft bulges suddenly in a similair way. Except bigger. Can't recommend Spritz enough. Xar is great as a smooth vaginal plug. Sorta ok for grinding. Yet the base in mini size really could stand to be longer for grinding against the clit.

Does Spritz have the printer texture? The small is too small for my tastes and I'd have to get the medium in 3/soft to take the knot. I've been eyeing him on and off for a bit, but if he has a strong printer texture, I'll have to pass on him. I like texture a lot, but not the printer-type texture that toys like Crackers have.

Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed May 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Niah wrote:Does Spritz have the printer texture? The small is too small for my tastes and I'd have to get the medium in 3/soft to take the knot. I've been eyeing him on and off for a bit, but if he has a strong printer texture, I'll have to pass on him. I like texture a lot, but not the printer-type texture that toys like Crackers have.

I don't feel it does. It felt even smoother than small Cole. Even small Cole's milder surface texture doesn't bother me. I'm relatively texture sensitive. Spritz felt pretty smooth.
Yak

Postby Yak » Wed May 24, 2017 2:52 pm

Niah wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:

*esp in firmest option)

Xar's very smooth sans the base. Spritz has surprisingly good texture. I adore texture plus tend to greatly dislike toys with no non-printer texture. Never tried Nox yet I tried small Nocturne that has small bumps for texture. Nox's look even more downplayed I've passed up some real pretty Noxes over not enjoying non textured toys. If you've tried Echo it appears Nox's shaft bulges suddenly in a similair way. Except bigger. Can't recommend Spritz enough. Xar is great as a smooth vaginal plug. Sorta ok for grinding. Yet the base in mini size really could stand to be longer for grinding against the clit.

Does Spritz have the printer texture? The small is too small for my tastes and I'd have to get the medium in 3/soft to take the knot. I've been eyeing him on and off for a bit, but if he has a strong printer texture, I'll have to pass on him. I like texture a lot, but not the printer-type texture that toys like Crackers have.

good, though mixed news then re: spritz....he may stay on our list.

if we do xar, it will be in small. your reasoning for passing on nox is exactly same for our concern.
no known exp re: printer texture yet as we have no BD instertables yet.
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed May 24, 2017 4:11 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Niah wrote:Does Spritz have the printer texture? The small is too small for my tastes and I'd have to get the medium in 3/soft to take the knot. I've been eyeing him on and off for a bit, but if he has a strong printer texture, I'll have to pass on him. I like texture a lot, but not the printer-type texture that toys like Crackers have.

I don't feel it does. It felt even smoother than small Cole. Even small Cole's milder surface texture doesn't bother me. I'm relatively texture sensitive. Spritz felt pretty smooth.

That's good to know. Thank you.

Yak

Postby Yak » Thu May 25, 2017 10:52 am

next question- do any of these models (esp in firm, examples of some positioning if selective pokiness helpful) cause cervical pokiness?

Vasu, Spritz, Clayton.

thanks!
katze

Postby katze » Thu May 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Yak wrote:next question- do any of these models (esp in firm, examples of some positioning if selective pokiness helpful) cause cervical pokiness?

Vasu, Spritz, Clayton.

thanks!

I've owned a small 5 and medium 5 spritz, and I don't remember cervix pokiness from either of them.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Thu May 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Yak wrote:next question- do any of these models (esp in firm, examples of some positioning if selective pokiness helpful) cause cervical pokiness?

Vasu, Spritz, Clayton.

thanks!

I owned small Spritz and didn't experience cervix poking/stabbing. Mini Clayton no cervix pokeimg/stabbing. Small Vasu hated my cervix. I only saw 2 reviews of small Vasu for vaginal toying only after buying one. One mentioned cervix issues the other didn't. Yet I rarely see vaginal toyers who keep their Vasu. It could be a common yet rarely/not discussed issue :mystery: .
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Thu May 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Vasu, Spritz, Clayton.

thanks!

I have an XL Vasu (soft) that doesn't cause too much trouble :) It's the taper of the head that lets me use it lol! I bottom out before the knot, but I'm fine with that.

My small Clayton (medium) isn't my favorite because of the texture, but I don't remember if it was overly pokey or not. The rest of the texture was too irritating for me to use it to the point of hilting.
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”